Anyone else not excited, rather sad about This Is It movie?

Honestly I wish for a lot of ppl here to watch this movie. And I hope it will make them cry. Some do need this obviously. Pain needs to be lived and not tried to push under the rug or something. I honestly hope watching this movie will be a good working therapy for some here! Sheeeesh there's nothing wrong with crying. We've all lost someone we love tremendously. This is the time to cry our hearts out. If not now with this loss, when do some think tears should roll?! Pain needs to be lived, before some real healing can even start. Stop trying to violate your own feelings everybody. Those feelings are there to protect you... just have faith in yourself and live it. Who cares what others think. Aren't ppl around you supposed to know you the way you are? Just do not lose faith, do have trust, then there will be some healing in the end. Keep the faith!!! Keep michaeling!!!!

Love to everybody!!!!!!!!!

.........Fully agree,I surely will cry but hey just let them flow and cant care less what others think:),they can think what they want,Michael is a part of me,my angel forever:wub::yes::D But sure there will be others also with the same feelings there:yes:

I have cried, cried, and can't stop crying. My heart is broken and can't be repaired. This movie will not heal it. It's shatters it.

I want see this movie.

I am going to the movie for sure, but I must say that I'm not really "excited" about it in the traditional sense of the word because I'm probably not going to feel upbeat while watching it. To the contrary, I fully expect to be bawling like a baby. So yeah, I am more sad than happy about the whole thing.

It's mixed emotions over here.
I'll probably not see this at the cinemas, maybe if I can get tickets to an half empty show towards the night I'll go.

This is a good idea for fans who have a deeper connection to MJ, some fans just enjoy the music/entertainment - thats ok, and some are going to go out of curiousity...but the fans (like myself) who have found MJ to be a source of strength and hope over the years, going when the cinema is a bit quieter maybe the right thing to do.

I urge all fans, especially those who MJ meant so much to, do go and see it, deal with the pain and anguish, its better than trying to surpress it or ignore it.

is there just me thinking this is the last thing Michael would have wanted?

Its so hard to know since we have such a pervasive feeling of not knowing what's really going on. :sigh:

I'd made up my mind I wouldn't be seeing the movie. However, I've since discovered it will be shown at a cinema near me! After picking up my jaw off of the floor, I decided we'll be going to see it after all. Hubby wil accompany me. I just can't let the opportunity slip away as it presents itself nearly on my doorstep. I will be armed with tissues and I'll keep an open mind. I hope there won't be any distractions from other members of the audience. I'm mildly excited but nervous too. We'll see how I feel coming out of the cinema.

i am pleased i have made the decison not to go....as its got nearer i haven't felt any more like going. i do understand why people want to go but i know it would make me feel worse

i decided to go only for Michael. i dont know how im going to get through it, but i just wanna do it for Michael. he worked for us, i decided to honour it and will gather all my inner strength to get through... it will hurt so much

what is so weird is.. I remember someone posted a topic (while he was still alive and during all the hype with the concerts) that was something like:
what to do when Michael is gone?
and everyone was all: OMg shut up! feeling sick just of the thought and that was also something no-one thought about because we had the concerts coming up and everything seemed fine!! I even had journalists visiting me the day he died because I was going to 15 concerts. so norway's BIGGEST newspaper was gonna make this huge case about me and the concerts and my love for Michael. one of their questions was: how will you cope when MJ someday passes away?
and I was all, Omg. I said I don't wanna think about it because a piece of me will die too! and this will be YEARS from now anyway!!

and then..

I just can not believe it happened.

I was more excited before I saw the clips. Which surprised me. I thought the reality of me actually seeing him again would just further fuel my excitement for the documentary. As more of the clips became available, I became sadder.

HOWEVER, I MUST see him in his final glory!

I've come to realize that the clips have at least prepared me to be overwhelmed with both sadness and joy, so I have come to appreciate them again particularly on that level.

For me, the movie will also hopefully provide me some closure. Since MJ's death, I have been literally obsessed with youtube, this message board, blogs, magazines, television interviews, books...anything and everything about him

That's been 4 months of nothing but Michael more or less consuming me. I have to let go some (even a lot) for my own peace of mind. I'm hoping the movie will begin that process.

I didn't realise I would feel so many emotions over this film :(

I feel excited, happy (to see him one last time), sad, guilty, sick, nervous, worried, anxious, proud

Is it possible to feel so many emotions all at once......yes :cry:

I have a nervous feeling too, isn't that wierd... when I watched clips I got this funny feeling.. I can only describe as my tummy feeling strange and feeling nervous.

I always thought I would get excited about seeing this footage of Michael, but with a sneak peak at the trailer today, I felt sick in the stomach.

I don't know how I can feel excited about it, it's just not right.

He should be here. I still can't believe that this has happened.

Sorry to sound the way I am about the TII movie, I know a lot of you are excited about it.

Maybe I am just having a bad day. But I can't stop thinking about Michael, and seeing him in these pieces of footage only brought me sadness today, not excitement. :cry:

The only thing that makes me feel good is that I'm going to show my love for MJ, but actually seeing it doesn not excite me. In fact if you have a sensitive stomach, you may want to do what I'm going to do. I'm going to find a very small 8oz bottle(hopefully I know there are some) of a drink, and drink it. Save the bottle, then on the day of TII I'm going to buy ginger ale, not open it until before we leave here and I'm going to fill that 8oz bottle up and hide that little bottle in my purse so they don't see it at the theater. I also will tell hubby and the rest of the group we're going with that I'm going to need to sit on the end. When I get upset about MJ, my stomach tends to hurt and sometimes feel queasy. Ginger ale soothes my stomach. So if ginger ale or some other kind of drink soothes yours, I suggest you buy a small bottle of something, drink it, and then fill it up with the drink that helps you. I'm also going to eat light that night. Soup and salad. I think I'll eat a light lunch too in case if by some small chance I actually do get sick. That way I won't get sick if I eat things that are good for upset stomachs. Quantitywise, I'll eat more at lunch as I usually get hungry in the afternoon, but I'll eat more of something that won't upset my stomach.
So besides emotionally preparing for it, I am also going to physically prepare for it. And I'm so afraid I'll forget kleenex. I can NOT do that.
So basically other than showing my love for MJ, I'm afraid to see it, because for me it will be like suffering June all over again. It will be a setback. I want so bad to really be in a nightmare that I'm afraid I will really think I'm having one. In other words I'll be in denial, but hey I need a break from this rotten reality.

Last edited:
I have a nervous feeling too, isn't that wierd... when I watched clips I got this funny feeling.. I can only describe as my tummy feeling strange and feeling nervous.

Not weird, I do too. I guess I'll be hanging around this thread this week as I prepare for next Friday.

what is so weird is.. I remember someone posted a topic (while he was still alive and during all the hype with the concerts) that was something like:
what to do when Michael is gone?
and everyone was all: OMg shut up! feeling sick just of the thought and that was also something no-one thought about because we had the concerts coming up and everything seemed fine!! I even had journalists visiting me the day he died because I was going to 15 concerts. so norway's BIGGEST newspaper was gonna make this huge case about me and the concerts and my love for Michael. one of their questions was: how will you cope when MJ someday passes away?
and I was all, Omg. I said I don't wanna think about it because a piece of me will die too! and this will be YEARS from now anyway!!

and then..

I just can not believe it happened.

Journalists?? Hmmm to me that sounds suspicious. NOT of you, but that journalists would be questioning you on something that hasn't happened, like they knew what was going to happen. They knew someone who had the agenda. Strange.

i can't say i'm excited about going next wednesday but its something i have to do. i don't know if this will be closure for me or not, i won't know untill i have been and seen it.
one thing i do know is that i am going to sob my bloody heart out all the way through and i really don't care what others think.

I haven't posted here for a while, but I thought I'd share something. I was talking about this in another thread, because I've finally realised what it is about this movie that upsets me the most.

Can I just say, that this is just what I feel - I do not expect anyone else to feel the same way, nor do I judge anyone for wanting to see this move. I really wish I did too!

There's a part of me that feels like I would be almost betraying Michael if I saw this movie. I always picture rehearsals as such a private thing to michael. He was such a perfectionist, and always wanted the best for his fans, so to see him still trying to master certain things, makes me feel like I'm prying into his privacy or something.

I know that sounds really silly, but there's just a part of me that feels this way. I know Michael was doing this tour for us, but I just believe the tour was for us, the rehearsals were for him. That's him behind closed doors creating something for us, to surprise us with something. Looking at unfinished work, it just hurts too much.

I really, really know that probably won't make sense to a lot of people, and I know I should be happy that I am being given the opportunity to see what he created for us, but I just feel too guilty or something. Everytime i see the trailer, or a picture or something, it hurts too much.

I really thought I had dealt with my grief and moved on a little, but as this movie comes closer, I am just feeling like June 25 all over again :(

not trying to sound bitchy here:scratch:
but why are you reading this thread if it makes you sad?
if you're excited about the movie..don't read the thread because this is a thread for people that is not soo excited about it..you know..a thread wher they can express their feelings and be understood by others.
it's better to stay off of threads that makes you sad.
and don't feel guilty!:)
I'm kinda excited too..but also sad that I have to see the movie and not the concert:(

Please accept my apologies. :(
I tend to look at everything in the forum. One thread after another in my free time.
And I always have this somewhat obnoxious feeling of supporting those who feel down about something. I think I just realized how silly it was of me to try and understand a multitude of opinions, all at once. It sucks you in sometimes and gets pretty overwhelming.

And thanks Rockin and Michelle and Gerryevans. :hug:

Again, my sincerest apologies. Naturally, I wish you all happiness.

Take care :-]

Last edited:
I'm feeling very sad about TII too. In fact, the close it gets to the 28th, the more sad and upset I become. :(

I saw a trailer on TV today, and it was as if a long lost member of my family had just appeared on the screen. I felt sick watching the trailer. I welled up :cry:

When Michael says "Let's do it one more time" my heart just breaks. The tone in his voice, his determination, his creative masterpiece......unfinished :cry:

Yes I am SO thankful it was all captured, because it is priceless. Never before will the world have had such insight into his genius. Maybe now the world at large especially those who were ignorant to his truth, will see just how damn fantastic he was, how incredible and untouchable his craft really is.

We are privelleged to be shown this footage, and I know its going to break my heart to watch it, but I will watch it and soak up every second...it's all I've got left of what was going to be the time of my life :mello:

Back