Appeal Thread - Murray Filed for Appeal / Update: Appeal DENIED

Re: Appeal Thread - All Discussion / Update: Murray Filed for Appeal

Wass brief is based on "thoughts & ideas" so where is the factual information to back up this brief? Soon she will have to remove the "W" from her name.

I see Muarry has Duke's phone number too!! He seems to be cultivating a media buddy system. I doubt he has anything new to tell Duke which is of any value to his case. If he did, Wass's brief wouldn't be so inept. Also, if he had valuable information, he will sell it for money for his future wealth, not give it to one local reporter.

Re: Murray Attorney Thinks Michael Was Suffering From Demerol Withdrawal

^^But how is that going to help an appeal if you stress you drug up a patient and leave him unmonitored. Oh I guess they will stress that Michael was not drugged up by Muarry. Michael did it all himself. I hope they remember that muarry gave the DA a timeline of the cocktail of drugs he pumped into Michael every few minutes.

And don't forget, he was talking to his girlfriends, not having the right equipment, texting to the insurance saying that Michael was ok, trying to going back to the house to retrieve the medicines, not calling 911 as soon as he saw Michael was in problems.

I really don't understand why he's appealing, pretty soon he's going to be out. Would the Board of Medicine return his license if he wins the appeal? And if he gets it back, would people go to him? knowing that in any moment he would leave them to fend for themselves when they most need him. Who can trust him? Doctors make mistakes but this one, didn't follow the medical procedure & keeps saying he didn't do anything wrong.

:wtf:
tumblr_mh9a4jdtm71rhk2w1o2_250.gif
tumblr_mdxt67va7v1qh7ov5o2_r1_250.gif
:perrin:

I see the jab at Flanny there, lol. Conrat isn't too pleased with him, I reckon. How does it feel to have someone you trusted to uphold the ethics of his/her job cast you aside in favour of tending to irrelevant personal business, Conrat? U liek? >:3

Murray's appeal disputes the prosecution argument that Murray was criminally liable even if Jackson had administered the fatal dose himself because Murray should have known that leaving the drugs near Jackson's bed posed a risk. The risk was "not reasonably foreseeable," it said.
The prosecution will have a chance to respond to Murray's arguments before the California appeals court makes a decision

Cant wait to see the response from the prosecution - I give her credit for trying her best for her client

But ....

eb4qid.jpg

^^But how is that going to help an appeal if you stress you drug up a patient and leave him unmonitored. Oh I guess they will stress that Michael was not drugged up by Muarry. Michael did it all himself. I hope they remember that muarry gave the DA a timeline of the cocktail of drugs he pumped into Michael every few minutes.

Exactly. They've been trying to sugar-coat what Murray did from the very start, in my opinion. And now we're hearing the same lame excuses for his actions yet again. I am thinking that they hope the timeline of drug administrations doesn't get brought up. Otherwise it could go a long way in sinking the appeal. I just hope that the appeals court considers the facts instead of Murray's lawyers opinions.

Last edited:

And don't forget, he was talking to his girlfriends, not having the right equipment, texting to the insurance saying that Michael was ok, trying to going back to the house to retrieve the medicines, not calling 911 as soon as he saw Michael was in problems.

I really don't understand why he's appealing, pretty soon he's going to be out. Would the Board of Medicine return his license if he wins the appeal? And if he gets it back, would people go to him? knowing that in any moment he would leave them to fend for themselves when they most need him. Who can trust him? Doctors make mistakes but this one, didn't follow the medical procedure & keeps saying he didn't do anything wrong.

I agree. And personally, I think that's exactly why Murray is appealing. I believe he's trying to talk his way out of his responsibility for what happened to Michael so that his criminal record will be cleaned and the medical board will be forced to give him his license back. Michael's haters of course will never believe that Murray had any responsibility for Michael's death. So those people who don't like Michael that live near Murray's clinic will probably have no problem going to his clinic because they think that Murray is some saint. The Highest forbid Murray walk out on any other unmonitored patient under the influence of a powerful medical substance to talk to women the way he did with Michael if he gets his license back. It wouldn't be pretty.

Last edited:

...After watching him for 15 minutes, Murray left him alone, the appeal says.

Trust me if any other doctor were to read that their reaction would be :bugeyed

and for his lawyer to write that in$ their appeal and see nothing wrong with it clearly proves they are :crazy:

God alan duke makes me sick and makes me feel even more sick is the fact mjs won family seem to be best buddies with him...

i just dont understand how his own family want to betray him like this!

Oh hell no! Here comes the beginning of the media given Murray a voice and downplaying what he did to MJ!:mat:

Its just the start of what will happen when he gets out

Alan Duke ?@AlanDukeCNN 13h
Conrad Murray called me from jail last night. I'll have a story about it soon.

AD seems to be every crooks confidant! Jackson's first and now felon.

This should be posted in another thread I could think of as well. ;)

Seven months of delays and this ridiculous theory thats already been proven to be b.s is the best wass can do for an appeal. time to change careers.

Michael's haters of course will never believe that Murray had any responsibility for Michael's death. So those people who don't like Michael that live near Murray's clinic will probably have no problem going to his clinic because they think that Murray is some saint. The Highest forbid Murray walk out on any other unmonitored patient under the influence of a powerful medical substance to talk to women the way he did with Michael if he gets his license back. It wouldn't be pretty.

I dunno. Even some people who personally dislike Michael [why IDK] admit Murray was clearly negligent. It is simply reason. There is no rational argument one could formulate which would excuse the gross amount of negligence displayed by Murray, and even his lawyers know that, hence why it has taken them so long to basically come up with the same argument over and over again.

Why should Conrat be free in October of this year? The idea makes me sick. Why wasn't he transferred to a higher security prison? I know there is overcrowding put I thought Walgren was going to try to get him moved so he would have to serve his full sentence? Sorry if stupid questions. I have just come back to the forum again and am not up cm and hid bids for freedom.

Alan Duke ?@AlanDukeCNN 13h
Conrad Murray called me from jail last night. I'll have a story about it soon.

AD seems to be every crooks confidant! Jackson's first and now felon.

It's not HIS fault these people call him. He has to take the call even if he doesn't like the people in question. That is called professionalism. v_v

Re: the 'others leaving a sinking ship' comment, that was a jab at Flanny, lol.

God alan duke makes me sick and makes me feel even more sick is the fact mjs won family seem to be best buddies with him...

He's just doing his job. He shouldn't make you sick, he's not even doing anything to you. He's a good guy, and a friend. He is not the Jacksons, so quit treating him like he's doing some personal wrong to you. If you have an issue with the Jacksons, leave it strictly with them, as I do... and don't involve innocent parties.

I all of the sudden got a strange feeling about Murray being so buddy buddy with Duke

Not the case.

Last edited:

Why should Conrat be free in October of this year? The idea makes me sick. Why wasn't he transferred to a higher security prison? I know there is overcrowding put I thought Walgren was going to try to get him moved so he would have to serve his full sentence? Sorry if stupid questions. I have just come back to the forum again and am not up cm and hid bids for freedom.

Just the way things are, I guess. Walgren is now a judge, so I would assume his priorities lie elsewhere. It is a shame he will be able to walk out in mere months, but I find comfort in the fact he will always be a marked man in the court of public opinion, as even people who aren't too keen on MJ or even fans at all think his actions are utterly despicable. Nobody would want such treatment either for themselves or for a family member, and the fact he is a doctor holds him to a higher scrutiny than the average citizen, and deservedly so. He thoroughly violated his Hippocratic Oath, and even the people who somehow think Michael was partly responsible for his death ought to admit that one of the two is a doctor who took an oath to act in the best interest of his patient, and that person was not Michael Jackson.

That looney Wass can bite the dust and go back to drawing board

04/02/2013 Order filed. The court has read and considered appellant's March 25, 2013 request for permission to file an oversized opening brief. Good cause appearing therefor, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that appellant's request is denied. Appellant shall file an opening brief not exceeding 51, 000 words on or before April 22, 2013. No further extensions of time will be granted.

http://appellatecases.courtinfo.ca.gov/search/case/dockets.cfm?dist=2&doc_id=1999218&doc_no=B237677

She put too many word demerol in her opening brief that it went over word limit:)

Why didn't any of the other drugs cm gave Michael show in the autopsy report, cm said he gave Michael about six different drugs before he admistered the Propofol. the only thing in the autopsy report were Lidocaine, Lorazepam and Porpofol. How did all the six to ten other durgs cm gave Muchael disappear from his system?

We have merged "Murray Attorney Thinks Michael Was Suffering From Demerol Withdrawal" into this appeals discussion thread placed in the the stickies. Both threads are discussing Murray's attorney and appeal. By merging the appeal topics together we can all stay better updated on what is happening. Please be sure to place information pertaining to Murray's appeal in here.

"No further extensions of time will be granted"
------------------

where have we heard that before!! why is wass even bothering didnt she follow the case. correct me if im wrong but appeals are normally based on points of law not on evidence that was already heard in the court room and decided to be irrelevent. the jurrors stated they convicted based on giving dip outside of a hospital setting. no monitering equipment
leaving the room lieing to medics and calling 911.

Last edited:

Poor Wass. Can someone explain to me how do you make a brief too long when you have no points to put into it. Did this woman pad the brief with speculation, because she did not know what points of law to include and consequently made it too long. I wonder if she added drawings of Muarry in jail, song lyrics, stories about her fight with ex-boyfriend.

Valerie Wass has made her Facebook semi-private. Looks like she caught on lol

Poor Wass. Can someone explain to me how do you make a brief too long when you have no points to put into it. Did this woman pad the brief with speculation, because she did not know what points of law to include and consequently made it too long. I wonder if she added drawings of Muarry in jail, song lyrics, stories about her fight with ex-boyfriend.

That is hilarious!

"No further extensions of time will be granted"
------------------

where have we heard that before!! why is wass even bothering didnt she follow the case. correct me if im wrong but appeals are normally based on points of law not on evidence that was already heard in the court room and decided to be irrelevent. the jurrors stated they convicted based on giving dip outside of a hospital setting. no monitering equipment
leaving the room lieing to medics and calling 911.

I agree. The appeal has been in the news almost constantly for a year and a half. And yet this old, tired, overused "Poor Murray" pity-party trash is all Murray's lawyer can finally come up with? I know court appeals are standard procedure. But this is ridiculous, in my opinion. I'm sure the court has even thrown out more intelligent appeal claims than that.

I still cannot get over the fact Flanny even touched that deranged dingbat. But oh well, I have my eye on someone else now who is not a lawyer lol. ;3

With that said, she probably camped out at Starbucks every day that week, writing all sorts of poems and stories to fill up the brief. Perhaps it included a transcript of Murray's Anderson Cooper interview, along with a signed copy of the recorded live performance for the judge to keep as he considers whether or not to grant the appeal. As for stories about Flanny, according to Radar's Jen Heger, Valerie's reply to his TRO was "batshit bonkers," "graphic," and "unprofessional." Perhaps those same words can be used to describe this brief.

If only Flanny would reach out to us for comment about how ucking crazy this b--ch is lol. I would have died to be a fly on the wall in the middle of all this crazy. xD

Snape ^^too funny. You are right--how did Flanny breath on that thing I do not know. I agree about the poems--maybe "Ode to Waste of Time." Hopefully she included the Anderson transcript so the justices could see what a mental case Muarry & his mouth piece is. I am sure the dialog from the transcript is all the justices need to throw the brief out the window, but I guess that would be polluting the streets, so they will have to settle for a garbage can.

Anyway it is too late for her to make her facebook semiprivate, because we already saw the "best" her mind was able to come up with.

Michael Jackson’s doctor appeals conviction, claiming multiple legal errors at trial
More
By Associated Press, Updated: Monday, April 22, 5:50 PM

LOS ANGELES — Eighteen months after his involuntary manslaughter conviction, Michael Jackson’s doctor on Monday appealed his case, claiming there were multiple legal errors at his trial.

A lawyer for Dr. Conrad Murray argued in the 230-page appellate brief that there was insufficient proof that Jackson died of an overdose of the anesthetic propofol administered by Murray.

The appeal also reiterated an often-stated defense claim that Jackson may have administered the overdose to himself.

The pop superstar died on June 25, 2009, days before he was to leave for England to perform in his ill-fated “This is It” concert. Witnesses said Murray had been giving him propofol as a sleep aid, a purpose for which it was not intended.

Attorney Valerie Wass said that because of Jackson’s great fame, his doctor was used as an example by the judge who sentenced him to the highest term for involuntary manslaughter. She suggested that even if his conviction is upheld, his four-year sentence should be reduced.

Murray is eligible for release in October after serving half his sentence.

Murray’s two-month trial in 2011 drew wide media coverage, and Wass argued that the judge should have excluded TV cameras from the courtroom and granted a motion to sequester jurors to keep them insulated from publicity.

“The unprecedented fame of the alleged victim combined with the pervasiveness of modern media rendered it impossible for appellant to receive a fair trial with a non-sequestered jury in a case that was televised and streamed live around the world,” the appeal said.

Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor had denied the defense motion, saying jurors who are sequestered often feel like prisoners and it interferes with their decision-making process. He instructed jurors daily to avoid publicity, and there was no indication that they violated the order.

The appeal also challenged the prosecution theory that Jackson was hooked up to an IV drip of propofol and left alone in his bedroom by Murray.

It called that scenario “absurd, improbable and unbelievable,” and provided an exhaustive reprise of scientific testimony about Jackson’s death. Murray told police he gave the singer an extremely small dose of propofol, a fact contradicted by scientists who reconstructed the events preceding the death.

Wass contended that one defense attorney, Michael Flanagan, failed to adequately cross-examine a scientist who testified to that issue. She said he and other lawyers also waited too long to ask for examination of residue in a propofol bottle found in Jackson’s room, Their motion was filed 11 days after conviction and was denied.

The appeal faulted the judge for refusing to admit as evidence some of Jackson’s previous medical records, his contract with concert promoter AEG, and his financial documents.

“The trial court abused its discretion by excluding all evidence of Jackson’s financial condition, including lawsuits pending against him because such evidence was relevant to establish Jackson’s state of mind on the day he died, which may have explained his conduct that morning and supported the defense theory of the case,” the appeal said.

The attorney general’s office, representing the prosecution, has 30 days to respond to the appeal. Wass then has another 20 days for her response.

She said the outcome of the appellate case could have some impact on pending medical board proceedings for Murray in Texas and California. The boards will decide whether to revoke Murray’s license to practice medicine in the two states.

Meanwhile, Murray may be summoned to testify in a civil lawsuit filed against AEG by Jackson’s mother, Katherine. Jury selection in that case is currently underway. She claims the concert promoter was negligent in hiring Murray to care for the singer.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...f7e240-ab89-11e2-9493-2ff3bf26c4b4_story.html

After I read this "A lawyer for Dr. Conrad Murray argued in the 230-page appellate brief that there was insufficient proof that Jackson died of an overdose of the anesthetic propofol administered by Murray.
"

The only thing I could do is laugh. Is this woman crazy, or just simply a comic. I guess the coroner did not do an autopsy and did not make any tests. Muarry you have a great lawyer.

Back