Ask a Weird question thread

Hmm dunno... but that reminds me of the Elton John song :lol:

why does you hair grow faster the more times you get it cut then if it is left uncut for a while? :unsure:

Because the end of each hair doesnt split and get damaged, I think?

A serious question:
Why are some people so obsessed by gossip ( I know the thing about not having an interesting life etc...)- but why is it the scandal, the personal tragedies, the "far from reality" things that most of all seem to catch peoples interest? And why does it seem to get worse- like there is no line that can not be crossed anymore?

I just find it so sad- and it kind of brings me a bit down thinking about it at the moment.
Usually I just ignore it, and usually I succeed because I don`t look for it- but after the whole Britney/ vma thing- I just feel :unsure:

^ I'm wondering that too sometimes.
I know I gossip too sometimes, but I don't know why :( I wish I didn't because it can really hurt someone, but then if someone comes to me like "ooh have you heard..!!" then i just can't help it and I go with the flow. :(
Sorry I can't answer that :no:

Q: Why I always come here when I should do my homework and then I do my homework like at 2 AM. :rolleyes:

So that all the sea monsters have a place to hide.....................

Why do people say"It can?t be done", when what they realy mean is "I don`t want to"?
If they don`t want to, why not just say it? :huh:

Because some are more daring than others :devil:

Why are sometimes the most simple things in life the hardest to cope with?

:unsure:

why are toys packaged so difficult with all those twiddly plastic twisty things all over the back? :ranting

Whiskers serve as feelers or radar or antennae. That is, cats use their whiskers to feel objects around them.

( I didn't google that ) :innocent: LOL

Why do we all have different accents?

Because we're not good enough yet.

How many pennies have been thrown away?

This thread reminds me Of LUCY from charlie brown teaching Linus "little known facts" haha

haha about lucy and chuck ..it so does!

trillions beyond zillions?

God is a spirit and they that worship him must
worship him in spirit and in truth.

why do they have to send rockets into space?

Because we are curious and somewhat thoughtless. (who knows how we've thrown off the balance out there!)

Who decided that we should brush our teeth? No other animals brush their teeth...

:lol: good one..

Also who said we need to use toilets and most animals can just go where ever they like :puke:

( Gets a weird image of an animal trying to climb onto a toilet ) :lol:

:puke:

Why do we love so many people in our lives in all different kind of ways.. love is love but you can feel that emotion at so many different levels with so many different people :wub:

Why do we love so many people in our lives in all different kind of ways.. love is love but you can feel that emotion at so many different levels with so many different people :wub:[/b]

I don't really know. But indeed, there are so many different levels and different ways to love someone, that it's never the same :wub:

Why some people whom we deeply love betray us and hurt us? :(

:huh: I have a few questions. I know I may be a little late on this thread....but here goes. Hope some ppl still read this.

1) Why do we dream? Where do they come from?

2) Is it true that dogs and some other animals can only see in black and white?

3) If there was one day you can live over again, what day would it be and why?

4) What's the strangest thing you have ever eaten? Why did you eat it in the first place?

:D Hope it wasn't too much at once..haha.

^ Sushi coz I was told it was nice :puke: :lol:

What was the best thing before sliced bread?

If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and
apes?

Well, as they told us in school...."there are no stupid or weird questions"... (You know, like when you were in school and you didn't understand something and were a bit embarrassed to ask because you thought everyone else understood it and you'll look stupid...so you went "Uhm...this is a stupid/weird question...but..." and at the same time everyone else sat up because they wanted to know the answer too and were GLAD someone asked because they were wondering the same thing but were too afraid to ask because they were scared it will make them look stupid...(And yes, I was always the one who asked tons of questions in class...! :toofunny: I didn't care what others think or how it will make me look...if I didn't understand something or was wondering about something, I asked. Plain and simple. I mean, how can I learn all this different stuff, if I don't understand something...))

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaanayways....so I think if you ask a weird question....you'll get a weird answer, a) if the answer to the question just happens to be WEIRD (but usually it's weird only because it's something unfamiliar, or something we don't understand...don't you think? because how do we define "weird"? What is the definition of "weird"? Just like Michael said during LWMJ...anything can be strange to somebody. Giving an interview is "weird" to someone who isn't used to it...but not to someone who does it often. Looking at other people's vomit is weird to someone...but not to us nurses because we do it every day and it's part of our job...Staying our of the sun is weird to someone because they love the sun and wanna get a good tan...but it's not weird to another person (like me) who can not really stay in the sun for a long time because of getting a sunburn. Etc. Etc...Know what I mean...!).

Anyways so where was I...? *scratching her head* :toofunny: (That's typical summer for you...getting all side-tracked because of babbling so much! :toofunny:). Uhm....oh yeah...I was answering if you get a weird answer to a weird question. Well...b) If the other person is mean, rude and/or ignorant yo umight get a weird answer because they will think the question was stupid. Or...c) They come up with some elaborate crap because they have no idea what the real answer is. Or...d) You get an elaborate and REAL answer to your question because the person you asked realized that you wanna know and that you are interested, and they happen to know the answer..so they answer to their best knowledge.

There! Was that a "weird" answer...? :toofunny:

Why do people come to the hospital when they then refuse all therapy...but then blame us nurses and the dctors etc. for bad treatement when they or their child won't get better...? That's something I am still unable to understand to this day. WHAT DO THEY WANT FROM US???

Last edited:
Back