ATTN Members! VOTING IS NOW OPEN for the SoBe Thriller AD!

Someone just posted this on myspace
not sure if it been posted here yet

Naturally, when Pepsi launches a major promotional campaign which centers around a very distinct catchphrase: "Thrillicious!" and proceeds to puts out a ~$5,500,000 Super Bowl commercial based entirely on the Thriller theme, coupled with an elaborate Web site (Thrillicious.com), one would expect for the "Thrillicious" campaign to continue well beyond the Super Bowl event. In fact, according to reports that is exactly what Pepsi plans to do at the next biggest television event--the 2008 GRAMMY Awards.

The Super Bowl commercial starring Naomi Campbell has become an online viral sensation, and has received several hundred thousand more views on YouTube than any other Super Bowl commercial. If those views translate into votes, there is a good chance that this commercial will be featured on the YouTube home page on February 12th, the same day that Thriller 25 is released. Widespread polls, surveys, and ad meters have also consistently placed the SoBe Life Water commercial as one of the top ads of the Super Bowl.

EURweb advises its readers: "Look for a continuation of the Thrillicious momentum and more links between SoBe Life Water and "Thriller" during Sunday's telecast of the 50th Annual Grammy Awards at 9 p.m. on CBS."

As reported previously, the 2008 GRAMMY Awards will be featuring an "All-Star Thriller Tribute" so what better time could there possibly be to further promote the Thrillicious campaign than right in the middle of this event?

Further promotional strategies remain unclear and unannounced. Will additional "Thriller-themed" commercials be produced, perhaps with different celebrities dancing with the lizards? Will billboards and posters be produced to promote the "Thrillicious" Life Water beverage? Presumably, more downloadable 'episodes' of Lee the Lizard will be produced and put up for download on the official Thrillicious site.

EURweb

Last edited:
I had the hardest time finding the video just now. I had to put in "Sobe water" to find it. Has anyone else had this happen?

Wow! great post qbee! With all this promotion I really hope MJ just makes an appearance at the Grammys...but if he doesn't then thats OK, he still gets great attention :)

strategies remain unclear and unannounced. Will additional "Thriller-themed" commercials be produced, perhaps with different celebrities dancing with the lizards? Will billboards and posters be produced to promote the "Thrillicious" Life Water beverage? Presumably, more downloadable 'episodes' of Lee the Lizard will be produced and put up for download on the official Thrillicious site.

EURweb

Now see, this could be very interesting. What if we start seeing other celebs dancing with the lizard. Celebs who are linked to Michael in some way just like Naomi is? Then what if we see the very last person dancing with the lizard as Michael himself? Boy, would that be nice!!

Someone just posted this on myspace
not sure if it been posted here yet

That is a blatant copy and paste of the story (and picture) that I wrote on my site February 7th, they just chopped off my site as a source :closedeyes:.

http://mjjr.net/news-i195-9.html

Everything written in it was based on my own observations and speculation, the ONLY part that came from EURweb was the quote: "Look for a continuation of the Thrillicious momentum and more links between SoBe Life Water and "Thriller" during Sunday's telecast of the 50th Annual Grammy Awards at 9 p.m. on CBS."

---

Anyways, today's the last day to vote!

http://www.youtube.com/adblitz

The results are in...

#1 - Interview
#2 - Budweiser Clydesdale Team Commercial
#3 - Thrillicious

So, the Thrillicious commercial will not be featured on the front page, although it did receive hundreds of thousands more views than any other Super Bowl commercial.

The results are in...

#1 - Interview
#2 - Budweiser Clydesdale Team Commercial
#3 - Thrillicious

So, the Thrillicious commercial will not be featured on the front page, although it did receive hundreds of thousands more views than any other Super Bowl commercial.
It probably could have been #1 if folks were actually clear on how to vote for the commercial. I'm still not sure if I voted correctly. There were no clear-cut instructions listed on the site that I could see.

Darn, I voted like 10 times too. Oh well, #3 is pretty good, and in the end, its the views that really count. That shows more people were interested in that commercial then any other.

It probably could have been #1 if folks were actually clear on how to vote for the commercial. I'm still not sure if I voted correctly. There were no clear-cut instructions listed on the site that I could see.
I didn't like the voting system at all. If people would've been able to cast a vote directly from within the Thrillicious YouTube page itself, things would've been a whole lot smoother and many more would've voted. Instead, if you were on the Thrillicious YouTube page watching the commercial, you'd have to click the "Vote" banner, then navigate through the maze of different commercials (always randomized, Thrillicious was normally one of the last ones when I tried) just to find the right commercial AGAIN, then give it a thumbs up and hope that it counted. It took a lot more time and effort than a lot of people cared to go through, I'm sure.

Last edited:
Back