ATTN Members! VOTING IS NOW OPEN for the SoBe Thriller AD!

Gotta Keep the Momentum Up! Obama is just about 50 votes shy of SOBE. Keep VOTING!

Vote for it you guys.. If it wins, of course Pepsico will highly consider making more MJ inspired commercials for SoBe

I still cant believe that after all that hype about the Superbowl Michael thing a commercial is all we got to see. And it didnt even have him in it...

I still cant believe that after all that hype about the Superbowl Michael thing a commercial is all we got to see. And it didnt even have him in it...

Keep the faith...he's just building things up.

p.s., i voted and i thought it was great!

Well the fans shouldny have hyped it -
or read more into it than what was said
there were several warning for them in this
thread noy to put expectations in anything
or come back whining when it wasnt what
THEY hyped it up to be ..

The add is GRAET and will be good promo for Intoducing
Thiller - all the news that has reported on it also mentions
T- 25 and it is very popular on you tube being voted as
the best ADD plus it will play on TV also now its not just a one
time add for superbowl only - well his spirit was in it and every saw
that --- thats what made it so popular - they were dancing to
Thriller ... Im sure it will serve its purpose ..... of getting attention
On MJ and Thriller and it HAS done that .

its all good .... things are going as planned ...
Michael has a plan ... lets just all sit back and
watch it unfold - and quite trying to make our
own plan for him _ becuase we are usually WRONG ..:p

Last edited:
The commercial is actually one of the first rain drops from the MJ storm that is coming!!!

All I can say is, TWO YEARS AGO we would have thought this to be a possibility at all.

Two years ago, would you have thought that Michael Jackson's music would be featured in a commerical, sponsored by Pepsi, on the BIGGEST night of televison in America? I certainly didn't think it would happen, not in a million years.

even BEFORE two years ago i wouldn't think that was possible. :lol: I thought Pepsi would stay the HELL away from MJ for ETERNITY after 93.

BTW yahoo put up the best commercials of the superbowl and Mike got no love :(

Thanks to the member who posted the youtube link, so that we could vote! :punk:

Hello members,

Here is another place where they are accepting comments & opinions on the article shown below. Please go there & flood them with comments in support of MJ's commerical to be included in the top 5!:)

Sorry, didn't see a direct link I could post:
Go to yahoo sports, shutdown corner to find this article:

Top five Super Bowl commercials: From Timberlake to 'The Godfather'

By Jamie Mottram
Monday, Feb 4, 2008 12:08 am EST

Last edited:
Thanks to the member who posted the youtube link, so that we could vote! :punk:

Hello members,

Here is another place where they are accepting comments & opinions on the article shown below. Please go there & flood them with comments in support of MJ's commerical to be included in the top 5!:)

Sorry, didn't see a direct link I could post:
Go to yahoo sports, shutdown corner to find this article:

Top five Super Bowl commercials: From Timberlake to 'The Godfather'

By Jamie Mottram
Monday, Feb 4, 2008 12:08 am EST
OMG :D that's amazing thanks for posting

Just small little update.. Since early today's 75 thousand views.. it is up over 155,000 views..

The commercial is being viewed AT LARGE..

This is a great time to post comments about Thriller 25, and then his new ALBUM after Thriller 25.. That will be promotion in itself

^^ I saw that, yesterday I left it at 35k views today 150k+ views.... its rocking!:yes:

I also love the fact that so far each article i read about the Super Bowl ads mentions that ad but also the T-25!!!

^^ See, SOny and Mike knew this.. That's why they did it.. Creating a sturr, more than IN YOUR FACE.. Mike is back.. The sturr, get's MJ in the atmosphere. gets people talking and wondering.. Less chances of..

"Jackson tried to have a Superbowl comeback and failed" ... Now it's getting the talk of THRILLER 25, dodging many evil bullets by the media.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/advertising/admeter/2008-02-04-results-chart_N.htm

20th Annual Super Bowl Ad Meter results

10 most popular

BudweiserDalmatian trains Clydesdale to make beer wagon team.

grey.gif
FedEx FedEx beats giant carrier pigeons.

grey.gif
BridgestoneCritters scream with squirrel missed by car.

grey.gif
DoritosGiant rat goes for guy's bag of chips.

grey.gif
Bud LightFire-breather heats up romantic dinner.

grey.gif
Bud LightMen sneak beer into wine-and-cheese party.

grey.gif
Coca-Cola Cartoon-character parade balloons go after Coke Classic.

grey.gif
Diet Pepsi MaxStar-studded cast stops dozing.

grey.gif
Planters Scent of nuts makes homely woman alluring.

grey.gif
(tie) Tide to GoShirt stain is louder than a job candidate.

grey.gif
SoBe Life WaterLizards dance with model Naomi Campbell.
grey.gif

Last edited:
^^ See, SOny and Mike knew this.. That's why they did it.. Creating a sturr, more than IN YOUR FACE.. Mike is back.. The sturr, get's MJ in the atmosphere. gets people talking and wondering.. Less chances of..

"Jackson tried to have a Superbowl comeback and failed" ... Now it's getting the talk of THRILLER 25, dodging many evil bullets by the media.

Exactly! And you just know they would have jump on that bandwagon!!

Thanx for the update StarTrader.... Gotta go vote some more!:yes:

Last edited:
As to promotion by Sony-BMG: from answers I have got, none of it came yet beyond creation of sites and issuing press releases. No single paid advertisement yet. I mean, just existence of Myspace page, among others, is not paid banner advertisement where common people could see it and go there without themselves intentionally searching for it.

So as far as I see Sony-BMG spent very minimum of marketing efforts in this -- just a mere few thousand for creating and maintaining sites and video compilations.

Not only those people who listen to radios and somehow may hear one of new remixes have to have chance to know that "Thriller 25" is released. General public, too. Now, none of common people, if ones are not glued to radios, know anything about "Thriller 25"; and Pepsi advertisement did not help it, though it may help indirectly *if* people will find way to know of the new release.

So it would be great deal if Michael would appear on Grammys and there will be direct mention of "Thriller 25" album. Better, with Internet banners advertisements accompanying this. Even more better common TV advertisements, though it is not very much probable. One of possibility is none of advertisements will be made of any kind by Sony-BMG depending on their belief in scale of the project. Be lets hope something will appear.

Last edited by a moderator:
TSCM said:
The full-out promotional campaign isn't set to start until February 8th. This commercial is just a nice little appetizer for what is to come. The fact that AP picked up on the commercial AND mentioned the Thriller 25 release is a bonus. The most important thing is that tens of millions of people have now enjoyed hearing Thriller and watching the comical lizards (and Naomi :wink:) dance to his classic.

This commercial will be all over the news and widely discussed across the net well past the time that the actual Thriller 25 promotional campaign begins, no doubt. And who knows what else is planned with the Thrillicious campaign.

This is what I mean -- lets hope actual advertisement campaign will start and it will not be only Michael Jackson's job. :)

Well there are three thrillicious commercials and I like the one with Naomi Campbell in it the best...so vote for all of them lol.

Back