BAD 25 - 2012 - General Discussion [Closed] please cont. discussion in BAD25 Announcement thread

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BAD 25 - 2012 - Official Discussion Thread

I understand that. But if he didn't want to work with Michael again in 2007 why would he change his mind now? He is 5 years older now. He is 79 years old.

Well, in all fairness, working with Michael in 2007 on a brand new album was completely different than working on a special edition of an album he helped produced in 2012. I can only imagine the amount of pressure both Michael and Quincy had if they were to work together again. People will always compare any album they were to collaborate to OTW, Thriller and BAD.

Nothing Quincy said or did can take away the fact that he was the producer of BAD. He was involved in the songs released. He was involved in the outtakes as well. He heard them and helped produced them.

Probably, but I don't care. It would be great if we get an official statement that he is selecting and working on the songs. That way those unreleased songs will be as close as Michael wanted them to be. That is the only reason why I want Quincy to do it. And of course critics will praise everything Quincy do so that way album will be hit. Quincy working again with MJ will also bring good publicity and promotion. Too bad that they didn't ask him to do Behind the Mask and Much Too Soon for MICHAEL album instead of McClain.

You're right. Or, they could've just released those damn demos on a second disc for f*** sake...

You're right. Or, they could've just released those damn demos on a second disc. Those bastards...

For me the best way would be: on the first disc unreleased stuff completed and produced by Quincy Jones, and on the second disc all demo versions of the songs - the way MICHAEL album should have been done.

If they were to release outtakes from the BAD recording session, I hope the producers do not change the feel of the songs too much for the sake of "updating" the sound. Release the songs as closely to the way Michael left them as possible. Or, like OnirMJ said, just released the demos as bonus materials. Well... one can always dream.

Maybe this thread should be sticky? It's quite HOT debate this year. Today I just re-read like less than 10 last pages cause I simply can't keep up :lol:

Its offtopic, but very interesting.
Jaws restoration for blu-ray release
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hLWvXaeDzwU#!

some of Michaels videos have been resmastered digitaly, thriller BJ (t25) and bow("vision" has different transfer of the previous dvds). just don't know if HD transfers are done or not. Or maybe the sd transfers they have have been remastered.

so Michael videos all need new transfers and restoration, especially the 80s ones.
Im sure they know that Michaels videos on blu, will be big hit, as his dvds were. its anticipated not only by fans, but by many who appreciate the advantages of blu-rays.
they should really not screw that.

back to topic.
that trademark registration doesn't prove anything. they just listed everything that is possible to be merchandised. doesn't mean some or most of it would be released or done.

I'm not going to get too excited yet. It could mean Bad Tour on Blu-Ray/DVD, or it could mean this

badunderwear2.jpg

:thumbs_up:

I hope the estate doesn't make big box set of fans requirements for Bad 25, no one can afford to buy it :D

I would sell my soul to get it.

When's the sub-forum for Bad 25 coming? :D :D :D :D

I hope for a HUGE DVD/Blu-Ray BOX-SET edition. With as much as possible. 3 concerts, rehearsal footage, studio footage, grammy performance and other BAD era performances. -

SONY and The Estate should make a HUGE "box-set super deluxe fan edition" with soo much material it fills 5 Blu-Ray discs!

I am dreaming...

I would sell my soul to get it.

I'll buy it too, but I was thinking that if the price is too high, not many new listeners or non fans bother buying it.
I would think that as now is the time for Sony and the estate to introduce Michael for new generations and new listeners, and if the price is too high, albums will stay in the shelves. I know fans will buy, but how many of them?
Of course they could do some sort of De-lux version for fans with fat wallet:)

I'll buy it too, but I was thinking that if the price is too high, not many new listeners or non fans bother buying it.
I would think that as now is the time for Sony and the estate to introduce Michael for new generations and new listeners, and if the price is too high, albums will stay in the shelves. I know fans will buy, but how many of them?

I also think the best way to go about would be to release a regular version for casual fans and a deluxe version for hardcore/collector fans. My wallet is rail thin at the moment, but where there's a will there's a way! :)

If Quincy is involved in the project then that is just fine. I would rather have people who worked with Michael on the album in the first place. I think if Spike Lee is doing a documentary about it that he would talk to Quincy also.

About him not working with Michael in 2007. It comes off rude how he said it. If the timing wasn't right so be it. I know I am going to get in trouble for saying this but I think some people didn't want to work with Michael before he died and now it seems people jump at the chance. I am not saying quincy but other people. For this project he should be involved despite whatever crap he said about Michael. No matter what Michael always thanked and respected him many times over the years for their work together.

I hope for a HUGE DVD/Blu-Ray BOX-SET edition. With as much as possible. 3 concerts, rehearsal footage, studio footage, grammy performance and other BAD era performances. -

SONY and The Estate should make a HUGE "box-set super deluxe fan edition" with soo much material it fills 5 Blu-Ray discs!

I am dreaming...

I hope that too.

I agree 100 % that a plain 1 disc BAD Tour concert should be released for non fans, and casual fans.

But they should give the fans a real treat with a special box set with soooo much extra it's worth all the money.

I would have no problem paying $100 for a 5 Blu-Ray set with 3 concerts, rehearsal footage and a LOT of extra material. - I would buy in a heartbeat!

I hope everything is reasonably priced because I would want to buy more than one copy lol.

I hope for a reasonably price too of course.

But I've (we've!) been waiting for this release for SOO long, so now it looks like it finally comes I just hope it is released properly and not like Dangerous Bucharest concert - worst release EVER!

BAD deserves a GREAT BIG ASS release with HUGE promotion!! :)

I hope we'll get to see this!
tatiana3.jpg

In order for Bad 25 to gain market appeal, it has to be packed with special features. What I meant is that there are too many Michael Jackson "greatest hits" albums released in the past decade. In 2003, Number Ones was released, which became one of the best selling albums in 2009. In 2009, This Is It (also a greatest hit album) topped the chart. Half of the songs on Bad are included in Number Ones. Casual fans who bought Number Ones or TII might skip Bad 25; unless Bad 25 is going to be a stand-out. If I was just a casual fan, I'd most likely buy the greatest hit album if the special edition is just the original album with a few remixes.

If I was a marketing executive in Sony, I'd not even entertain the idea of setting up a ridiculous high price because that would just turn people away. Of course I'd love to have a deluxe version for hardcore fans. But, the regular version gets to be special; otherwise, what's the incentive for the general audience to get a copy of Bad 25 if they already got Number Ones.

The concert DVD/Blu-ray, on the contrary, doesn't have the over-supply problem. The challenge is how to promote to the mass and make people realize The Bad tour is indeed one of the best concert tours in history, so that they want to re-live the experience.

Just my opinon.

Didn't Bucharest sell quite well?

Love the new BAD 25 skin for this place! It's awesome.

Now, about a DVD or BAD 25 CD, well, I just hope that news about anything will be official soon. It's been a long time!

I hope we'll get to see this!
tatiana3.jpg

If they have that concert in good quality, it should be added as extra material!! - That would be great, and ALL fans would love it, really L.O.V.E it!

She really is damn hot.

But I guess MJ in BAD era could pretty much score any girl he wanted...

The concert DVD/Blu-ray, on the contrary, doesn't have the over-supply problem. The challenge is how to promote to the mass and make people realize The Bad tour is indeed one of the best concert tours in history, so that they want to re-live the experience.

I think the best way for people to realise the magic of the bad tour before its gets released on dvd- blu ray (this is hopefully it does) would be to telecast it on tv . That way people can get teh chance to really see & feel the awesomeness of that tour and it will make people especially non fans want to buy it

Bad era? Ha! I think MJ could've scored any girl in many eras :)

^I know that's right!:wub::shifty: And Tatiana is still not over MJ by the way! lol She be the first to buy that DVD/Blu-ray if they ever include the kiss on it. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back