BAD 25 - 2012 - General Discussion [Closed] please cont. discussion in BAD25 Announcement thread

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BAD 25 - 2012 - Official Discussion Thread

Even if we get just one BAD Tour second Leg concert then I won't have any complaints but I just hope that it will be one of the concerts where Michael performed the way you make me feel. the concert i would like to have the most is one of the July shows in Wembley, May 23rd live in Rome, Kansas February 23rd (first night) Tokyo 1988, Madison Square Garden March 5th or Los Angeles January 27th (final show) any of them concerts would please me.

They released the two concerts from Wembley '86, which are easily the worst Queen concerts ever. Freddie sounded bad during the Magic Tour anyway, but at Wembley he sounded the worst he ever did.

Montreal '81 and Milton Keynes '82 (Live At The Bowl) are way better. They also have a few 70s shows ready for release at any time (a couple of which are in the pipeline for this year and maybe next year), which is also great news especially since they didn't release much 70s live stuff, if any at all.

Queen's two nights at Wembley '86 might have been the most important shows they did, but they're certainly not the best, in fact they're among the worst they did imo.

They're re-releasing their live stuff his year (as part of the deal with their new label Universal) and I think they'll have some bonus stuff for Montreal '81 and Milton Keynes '82 and also I think they'll release a 70s show too, hopefully Hammersmith '79 or Earls Court '77. A live album of their very last show at Knebworth '86 might be interesting too, just for the fact that it was their last show with Freddie, though that too isn't their best (still better than Wembley though, by a lot).

Trust me, it's not all milk and honey in Queen's camp either... as of yet.

I'd also like to mention that while ''main'' night's (which was second night) DVD quality is decent (but could be better anyway), but the first night's (additional extra DVD) quality was so bad. Really crappy made DVD's. Their Montreal 1981 Blu-Ray release was amazing tho.
Some shots/angles in DVDs were quite good. But majority looked like VHS with halos, ton of grain etc :doh:

vlcsnap2012013017h29m13.png

vlcsnap2012013017h22m15.png

vlcsnap2012013017h20m24.png

Regardless of this, some few shots looked really good (like these below) but in majority it was done poor job.

vlcsnap2012041917h03m01.png

vlcsnap2012041917h03m11.png

vlcsnap2012041916h56m03.png

vlcsnap2012041917h00m05.png

Excuse me for being off-topic lol

Last edited:

Do you know, who owns the (publishing or any) rights to these scans, offered 2 yeras ago on eBay, who bought it?

Michael-Jackson-3D-Scan.jpg

ajhu.jpg

I'd also like to mention that while ''main'' night's (which was second night) DVD quality is decent (but could be better anyway), but the first night's (additional extra DVD) quality was so bad. Really crappy made DVD's. Their Montreal 1981 Blu-Ray release was amazing tho.
Some shots/angles in DVDs were quite good. But majority looked like VHS with halos, ton of grain etc :doh:

Regardless of this, some few shots looked really good (like these below) but in majority it was done poor job.

Excuse me for being off-topic lol

Indeed. Montreal '81 is at least 10 times better. The video-audio quality is WAY better (since it was shot on 35mm and released on Blu-Ray) and the performance is way better.

Then again, any vocal performance is better than the ones from the Magic Tour, let alone Wembley, which might as well be the worst. :lol:

Here's how Montreal '81 looks like. Like I said, it was shot on 35mm. The same kind of cameras were supposedly used by Michael for the Bad Tour as well.

[youtube]GnJqZkY67JI[/youtube]

and a cover of Elvis's Jailhouse Rock:

[youtube]KAw62Y12qCc[/youtube]

Last edited:

Was the Wembley show Michael did the one that Princess Diana went to?

OMG,

I've just had a vision about a release of THE BAD TOUR live in 3D in the cinema with 7.1 surround sound!!! WTF? THAT WOULD BE JAWDROPPING!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

I'm not gonna stop until we get confirmation so please Sony & The Estate of Michael Jackson, please release the second leg of the BAD World Tour on DVD this year.

They can leave 3D alone as far as I'm concerned.

BUT - it true would be amazing if they released BAD in cinema! - And then released it on Blu-Ray afterwards. :)

Check Michael Bush' Facebook. He said that he has been going through the vaults for all things Bad and he mentions an 'announcement' WHOS BAD?!?!?!?!

They can leave 3D alone as far as I'm concerned.

BUT - it true would be amazing if they released BAD in cinema! - And then released it on Blu-Ray afterwards. :)

:yes:

:wild:
+ DVD :cheeky:

you got a link to his facebook mate?

It would be amazing if this would happen on August 31st Sony release the BAD Tour live in Wembley in theatres, and they put it on Big screens in stadiums all around the world to relive the experience, and then after that they could release it on Blu-Ray & DVD in a 2 disc set and on the second disc could be the Barcelona & Pensicola rehearsal footage.

I know this probably won't happen but Heyy people can dream right? :)

My dream come true = seeing the BAD World Tour 1988-1989.

OMG,

I've just had a vision about a release of THE BAD TOUR live in 3D in the cinema with 7.1 surround sound!!! WTF? THAT WOULD BE JAWDROPPING!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

Is it even possible to do that? I don't know much about how they do the 3D conversion, but is it possible to release a Bad tour concert in 3D? I mean, a good 3D?

What 'many concerts'? It was just four L.A. concerts which were rescheduled from 14,15,20,22 December to 16,18,26,27 January. Those are all the 'many' 89 concerts he did, just four.

Wow omg are you being serious? Im pretty sure you know what i meant and fyi people have different views on certain things, to you the word "many" may be 100 concerts or what ever... you honestly dont have to reply to every little thing you see on the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:

OMG,

Aaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

lol why 3D?

Is it even possible to do that? I don't know much about how they do the 3D conversion, but is it possible to release a Bad tour concert in 3D? I mean, a good 3D?

Before it required three cameras shooting from different angles at the same time in order to have a good 3D, like Captain EO.

With today's technology -- a piece of cake! You don't need 3 cameras any more.

Currently they are even developping a 3D technology on big screen without needing specific glasses. (It'll probably take a dozen if not several dozen years for that). Nonetheless the 3D technology without special glasses already exists on smaller screen such like Nintendo DS I think.

Be prepared for the next generation of mobile phones with 3D screens and probably holographic projection as well. ;)

(As far as even sharper colors than on LED/LCD and Plasma are concerned, lazer tv sets are on their way, but still cost too much to manufacture).

Before it required three cameras shooting from different angles at the same time in order to have a good 3D, like Captain EO.

With today's technology -- a piece of cake! You don't need 3 cameras any more.

Currently they are even developping a 3D technology on big screen without needing specific glasses. (It'll probably take a dozen if not several dozen years for that). Nonetheless the 3D technology without special glasses already exists on smaller screen such like Nintendo DS I think.

Be prepared for the next generation of mobile phones with 3D screens and probably holographic projection as well. ;)

(As far as even sharper colors than on LED/LCD and Plasma are concerned, lazer tv sets are on their way, but still cost too much to manufacture).

Wow, so i guess it would be fun to see MJ in 3D during Bad Tour! Hahaha

I'm not gonna stop until we get confirmation so please Sony & The Estate of Michael Jackson, please release the second leg of the BAD World Tour on DVD this year.

ZAKK there is a rumor going around that you want the 2nd leg of the Bad World Tour on DVD/Blue ray. Is that true?

Waw if Bush is looking for Bad things, then we may have some interesting clothing to see.

It would be absolutely incredible to see Bad tour in IMAX! THAT would be the ultimate way to experience that tour :wild:

Yep it it possible.

The current 3D release of the 1997 blockbuster 'Titanic' was converted to 3D. The've been working for serveral years on this project. And since we already know that the montage of the current BAD tour release began two years ago, it makes me think.

Will there be a cinematic 3D release, following the 'This Is It' succes?? The first COMPLETE tour at a cinema?? Again, MJ would be a pioneer, if the release it in 3D with a high quality audio surround soundtrack.

And it would be awesome if the whole original album is mastered in surround sound and featured on the upcoming Bluray in the highest quality available!

Even if they release BAD tour in 2D, with current 3D TVs you'd be able to watch it in 3D.

@Arklove, personally I don't think that IMAX would be that incredible. IMAX is usually used for movies and documentaries with beautiful landscapes. Soo having a close-up of a crowded stadium and of MJ's outfit without being able to see him dancing (because of the exaggerated close-up) would be quite frustrating.

p.p.s. @Arklove, shut up!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back