BAD 25 - 2012 - General Discussion [Closed] please cont. discussion in BAD25 Announcement thread

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BAD 25 - 2012 - Official Discussion Thread

Things I want:

1. Bad World Tour 1988 concert dvd and possibly worldwide cinema release
2. Bad World Tour live album
3. Bad 25 album with new songs, demos and photos

Last edited:

Things I want released for BAD25:
1. BAD World Tour 1988 Concert DVD and possibly a cinema release
2. BAD World Tour 1988 concert CD
3. BAD World Tour 1988 concert Poster
4. BAD World Tour 1988 concert T-Shirt
5. BAD 25 CD with unreleased songs, Demos and Remixes
6. Spike Lee BAD25th Documentary DVD/Blu-Ray with additional interviews and studio footages and exclusive clips
7. BAD 25 accessories.

Fans singing happily to his songs are boring, but I love it when they show the craziness, like hundred of fans fainting! Of course, they shouldn't cut any of Michael's amazing dance moves, but they could show some fans fainting in-between songs...

No!! Just not these AGAIN! :pth: Shots like these ruin the video IMO. Try to watch, for example, MITM of Bucharest 1992 DVD version. It's almost unwatchable.

vlcsnap2012042714h45m09.png

vlcsnap2012042714h45m44.png

vlcsnap2012042714h47m19.png

vlcsnap2012042714h47m25.png

To me these are the shots that give the appropriate hype :)

vlcsnap2012042714h50m59.png

vlcsnap2012042714h52m23.png

Excuse the image quality on these last ones
16600519.jpg

42860155.jpg

Contacted Pepsi Romania 2 days ago and they said:

"Dorian, if you stay tuned, you will find about the Pepsi updates at the right moment!"

Wow, didn't expect that!

I think it's fair to say our little funny country doesn't usually get much stuff like that... :lol:

@MJJLatvia: The crowd on Queen's shows are very involved into the whole show, the crowd has their part in the shows. Radio Gaga, We Will Rock You, Love Of My Life, Another One Bites The Dust, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, the many call and responses, etc.

Freddie and the band wanted to involve the audience into the show, they wanted them to be a huge part of the concert, to sing along and clap on songs (that were wrote just for that) like Radio Gaga or We Will Rock You.

Audience shots in their performances are very important since they were huge crowds who were very involved in the show. Nobody wants to see nothing but Freddie singing and "throwing his c*nt around the stage" (in his own words) and Roger Taylor banging his drums for whole minutes and stuff like that. That stuff is great, but the audience is the main attraction on songs like We Will Rock You, Radio Gaga, and the others I mentioned. Not to mention that the crowd shots from their concerts are showing the audience as a whole (most of the time) rather than individuals who scream and bang their heads or whatever. THAT would be boring, but not seeing a sea of people clap their hands at the same time to Radio Gaga or sing the verses to Love Of My Life with Freddie just standing there.

With that said, it's a whole different story on Michael's concerts.

Last edited:

Hi there, I contacted Pepsi UK (Britvic) to see if these cans would be available in the UK and it's bad news for UK people.

Here is there reply:

"Thank you for your e-mail. I can confirm unfortunately these cans will not be available to buy in the UK. I hope this information is useful. Kind regards"

Not cool :no:

The crowd on Queen's shows are very involved into the whole show, the crowd has their part in the shows. Radio Gaga, We Will Rock You, Love Of My Life, Another One Bites The Dust, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, the many call and responses, etc.

Freddie and the band wanted to involve the audience into the show, they wanted them to be a huge part of the concert, to sing along and clap on songs (that were wrote just for that) like Radio Gaga or We Will Rock You.

Audience shots in their performances are very important since they were huge crowds who were very involved in the show. Nobody wants to see nothing but Freddie singing and "throwing his c*nt around the stage" (in his own words) and Roger Taylor banging his drums for whole minutes and stuff like that. That stuff is great, but the audience is the main attraction on songs like We Will Rock You, Radio Gaga, and the others I mentioned. Not to mention that the crowd shots from their concerts are showing the audience as a whole (most of the time) rather than individuals who scream and bang their heads or whatever. THAT would be boring, but not seeing a sea of people clap their hands at the same time to Radio Gaga or sing the verses to Love Of My Life with Freddie just standing there.

With that said, it's a whole different story on Michael's concerts.

That's true, but even in Michael's concerts I can recall songs like Human Nature which involves audience as well. I think there must be some other songs as well, but can't recall at the moment. Even when Michael is doing ''hee hees'' and ''auuch'' before the songs he involves audience similiar way Freddie did. Anyway, the audience as whole is better IMO in all situations and songs rather than watching on one individual. That doesn't give hype for me but I wish to see Michael at that point and skip that shot. Audience shots from above look very great and aren't boring for me at least.

I love the parts in songs live where song meets it's one of culminations, before that light is turned down and then suddenly goes bright and shows epic crowd. Something like that is in MITM as well :)

vlcsnap2012042715h39m04.png

vlcsnap2012042715h39m58.png

vlcsnap2012042715h40m02.png

vlcsnap2012042715h40m07.png

Last edited:

That's true, but even in Michael's concert's I can recall songs like Human Nature which involves audience as well. I think there must be some other songs as well, but can't recall at the moment. Even when Michael is doing ''hee hees'' and ''auuch'' before the songs he involves audience similiar way Freddie did. Anyway, the audience as whole is better IMO in all situations and songs rather than watching on one individual. That doesn't give hype for me but I wish to see Michael at that point and skip that shot. Audience shots from above look very great and aren't boring for me at least.

I love the parts in songs live where song meets it's one of culminations, before that light is turned down and then suddenly goes bright and shows epic crowd. Something like that is in MITM as well :)

I agree. Crowd shots are important and some are very cool. Just not the excessive close ups of random screaming girls or people fainting. I don't care about that stuff. I just wanna see Michael dance.

Shots of the whole crowd and stuff like that are cool though. They show you how big and important MJ's concerts were.

I agree. Crowd shots are important and some are very cool. Just not the excessive close ups of random screaming girls or people fainting. I don't care about that stuff. I just wanna see Michael dance.

Shots of the whole crowd and stuff like that are cool though. They show you how big and important MJ's concerts were.

Exactly.

There was TOO much crowd shots in Bucharest dvd. It felt like that every 2nd shot was showing audience. We want to see Michael perform. Yes there can be some crowd shots but not too much.

Last edited:

^ Old joke :dont_mention_it:

:bugeyed
ShuGX.jpg

We'll see:D
According to that statement, they are supposed to make an announcement today 04.27.2012
"Bad tour live in Wembley/Rome 1988 Theather/DVD official announcement"

If there is no such an announcement today, we can safely say its a fake:)

I know it a fake, just messing :innocent:

Last edited:

That was already confirmed as fake :/

Its the 5th time its been brought up in this thread. It was an April fools joke.

Its the 5th time its been brought up in this thread. It was an April fools joke.
I thought it was the 6th time, but I might be wrong.

I think BAD 25 should be a double album with tracklist something like this:

CD1
1. Bad (Original Album Version)
2. The Way You Make Me Feel (Original Album Version)
3. Speed Demon
4. Liberian Girl
5. Just Good Friends
6. Another Part of Me
7. Man in the Mirror
8. I Just Can't Stop Loving You (Original Album Version)
9. Dirty Diana (Original Album Version)
10. Smooth Criminal (Original Album Version)
11. Leave Me Alone
12. Streetwalker
13. Todo Mi Amor Eres Tu
14. Fly Away
15. Scared Of The Moon (Demo)
16. We Are The World (Demo)
17. We Are Here To Change The World
18. Cheater (Demo)

CD2
1. Buffalo Bill (previously unreleased)
2. Chicago 1945 (previously unreleased)
3. Crack Kills (featuring Run DMC) (previously unreleased)
4. Groove Of Midnight (previously unreleased)
5. Make Or Break (previously unreleased)
6. Hot Fever (Demo of The Way You Make Me Feel) (previously unreleased)
7. Pyramid Girl (Demo of Liberian Girl) (previously unreleased)
8. Al Capone (Early Version of Smooth Criminal) (previously unreleased)
9. Eaten Alive (Original Demo) (previously unreleased)
10. I Just Can't Stop Loving You (French Version) (previously unreleased)
11. Get It (Duet with Stevie Wonder)
12. Come Together (Uncut Studio Version)
13. Smooth Criminal (Uncut Studio Version) (previously unreleased)

DVD1
Bad World Tour - Live Wembley 1988

DVD2
Spike Lee Documentary about Bad. Including interviews with Quincy Jones, Bruce Swedien, Bill Bottrell, John Barnes, Greg Phillinganes, Stevie Wonder, Siedah Garrett, Glen Ballard, Andraé Crouch, Miko Brando, Steve Stevens, Christopher Currell, Michael Boddicker, Rhett Lawrence, David Paich, Steve Porcaro, Tatiana Thumbtzen, Martin Scorsese, Wesley Snipes, Buz Kohan.

OnirMJ;3629179 said:

CD1
3. Speed Demon
4. Liberian Girl
5. Just Good Friends
6. Another Part of Me
7. Man in the Mirror
11. Leave Me Alone
12. Streetwalker
13. Todo Mi Amor Eres Tu
14. Fly Away
18. Cheater (Demo)

CD2

DVD1

DVD2
Spike Lee Documentary about Bad. Including interviews with Quincy Jones, Bruce Swedien, Bill Bottrell, John Barnes, Greg Phillinganes, Stevie Wonder, Siedah Garrett, Glen Ballard, Andraé Crouch, Miko Brando, Steve Stevens, Christopher Currell, Michael Boddicker, Rhett Lawrence, David Paich, Steve Porcaro, Tatiana Thumbtzen, Martin Scorsese, Wesley Snipes, Buz Kohan.

That would be GREAT!! But it should be released on Blu-Ray too. - And LOTS of extra material and rehearsal footage!!

OnirMJ;3629179 said:

CD1
3. Speed Demon
4. Liberian Girl
5. Just Good Friends
6. Another Part of Me
7. Man in the Mirror
11. Leave Me Alone
12. Streetwalker
13. Todo Mi Amor Eres Tu
14. Fly Away
18. Cheater (Demo)

CD2

DVD1

DVD2

MJ never recorded with RUN D.M.C. It was a project only.

And regarding some tracks you mentioned like Scared Of The Moon, We Are The World, Eaten Alive, they're closer to the Thriller era than Bad era.

IJCSLY (French version) is poorly translated, too bad.

Why would people expect songs they never heard any word of, except a title of it online, and not expect a track like Don't Be Messin', which Bruce Swedien has specifially mentioned a couple of times and vaguely described it. I have yet to see someone mention it in their wishlist, yet songs may not have been recorded (for all we know) and songs that have pretty much nothing to do with the Bad sessions (Eaten Alive demo, Get It) are being mentioned. I just find that a bit strange, that's all.

MJ never recorded with RUN D.M.C. It was a project only.

And regarding some tracks you mentioned like Scared Of The Moon, We Are The World, Eaten Alive, they're closer to the Thriller era than Bad era.

IJCSLY (French version) is poorly translated, too bad.

After meeting and discussing a demo called "Crack Kills", however, Run DMC's concerns (or posturing) dissipated. "He's the best man in the world," Rev Run gushed. "He's an incredible human being. We ate soul food at Michael's studio last night, and it seemed like he was in touch with God. He's so calm, so content, and I'm going to go into the studio to do a tape with him. It'll be an anti-crack song... The whole thing was just great..." Unfortunately, the collaboration between the Kings of Hip-Hop and the King of Pop was never realized for the album, though there are existing demos. Joe Vogel

Scared Of The Moon, We Are The World, Eaten Alive are from 1985. For me that is the start of the Bad era. Early version of Smooth Criminal was written in 1985 too. Liberian Girl even earlier than that. For me Thriller era is 1981-1984. Bad Era 1985-1989.

OnirMJ;3629208 said:
After meeting and discussing a demo called "Crack Kills", however, Run DMC's concerns (or posturing) dissipated. "He's the best man in the world," Rev Run gushed. "He's an incredible human being. We ate soul food at Michael's studio last night, and it seemed like he was in touch with God. He's so calm, so content, and I'm going to go into the studio to do a tape with him. It'll be an anti-crack song... The whole thing was just great..." Unfortunately, the collaboration between the Kings of Hip-Hop and the King of Pop was never realized for the album, though there are existing demos. Joe Vogel

Scared Of The Moon, We Are The World, Eaten Alive are from 1985. For me that is the start of the Bad era. Early version of Smooth Criminal was written in 1985 too. Liberian Girl even earlier than that. For me Thriller era is 1981-1984. Bad Era 1985-1989.

Bad sessions/project started in 1986. But it's true that MJ had some ideas before that date. Anyway, I find the style of We Are the World, Scared Of The Moon, Eaten Alive, closer to Thriller style than what we got to hear on BAD album.

images

Also:

May 1987

Spin Magazine in an article titled “Michael Jackson’s Running Scared” mention the anti crack drug song proposed with Rappers Run DMC.

“It’s the lunch break before the band Run DMC come in to collaborate on an anti-drug song for the new album. Everyone is tucking in. Jackson nibbles on a pomegranate.

Finally, Run DMC come swaggering in. Quincy introduces Michael, who remains silent. Seconds tick away in embarrassed silence. Run DMC are unsettled and can’t get their recording right. Its another wasted day”

The song eventually doesn’t make the track listing.

Last edited:

back on topic.
BAD25 projects:
BAD World Tour 1988 DVD/Blu-Ray
BAD World Tour 1988 CD/Digital download
BAD25/BAD World Tour 1988 posters and t-shirts
BAD25/BAD World Tour 1988 phone cases & computer wallpapers and pencil cases and eyewear
Spike Lee BAD 25th Anniversary Blu-Ray/DVD & Digital download
BAD25 CD with unreleased songs, demos and remixes

Regarding this post, all credit due to bboy87 from prince.org:

The Bad Album As It Happened - 1986 – 1987:

1) Rumours circulate that the follow up to Thriller will be a collection of Beatles songs.

2)
12th September 1986

The first new material expected to be included on Michael’s forthcoming new album is featured in the 17-minute 3D Space fantasy Captain Eo which is exclusive to Disney.
Captain Eo is premiered at the Epcot Centre in Orlando, Florida. The songs included in the movie are We Are Here To Change The World and Another Part Of Me. Only one will eventually make the final track listing.
Billed as ‘a celebration against evil’ Captain Eo also starring Angelica Houston as the wicked Queen, is directed by Francis Ford Coppola and George Lucas.

3)
October 1986

The earliest rumours surrounding Michael’s long awaited follow up to Thriller include:
The album is called either Meisterwerk or Bad.
There is an anti drug song with rappers Run DMC.
Its produced by Quincy Jones and Thomas Dolby.
There are ballads with Barbra Streisand, Stevie Wonder and Freddie Mercury.
There is also rumoured to be a version of Nelson Mandela with George Michael.

5) November 1986

Michael’s new album and single are reported in the UK press as being set for January 1987. A proposed duet with George Michael is expected to appear on the album.

Rumours begin circulating that Barbara Streisand will duet with Michael Jackson on his follow up to the worldwide acclaimed Thriller. Whitney Houston will also be mentioned in the build up to the albums release

6) 6th November 1986

Rolling Stone magazine report that rappers Run DMC are in the studio with Michael working on an Anti Crack Drug song..

7) 19th November 1986

Filming begins on the brand new Michael Jackson video set to accompany his new album. The track in question is titled “Bad” and his being shot on location at Masters School in Dobbs Ferry in New York. Several scenes are also shot at in a subway station in the Bronx.

8) This Original cover shot for the Bad album is later scrapped by Walter Yetnikoff President of CBS Records. It would later turn up in Michael’s book Dancing The Dream.

9) The song is originally intended as a duet with Prince, but the Purple one didn’t think it was for him and turned the opportunity down. Reports that surfaced in early 1987 said that there meeting was like a Mexican stand off with only a few pleasantries exchanged.

Michael’s album and single is delayed for a further few months. A new scheduled date is for April.

10) 26th January 1987

Number Ones magazine published in Great Britain as the first shots from Michael’s proposed Bad video.

11) February 1987.

Number Ones magazine published in Great Britain as exclusive photos from Michael’s new Pepsi Commercial. The article is entitled “Behind The Mask”. The song supporting the commercial is reported to be titled The Price Of Fame.

12) March 1987

An artist impression of Michael is on the cover of Right On Magazine and features an article called “Michael Jackson The Calm Before The Storm”. The article features pictures from the Bad video shoot.

Michael begins work on another video from his new album with Colin Chivers, Academy Award winner for Special Effects direction for Superman. The song would later be known as Smooth Criminal and would the central focal point of a movie called “Moonwalker”.

II Regarding this post, all credit due to bboy87 from prince.org:

1) April 1987

A song Michael passed over for his Bad Album was La Isla Bonita by Patrick Leonard who worked with Michael on the Victory Tour. Leonard composed the song with Michael in my mind but it ended up being recorded by Madonna who wrote the lyrics to the song. The song went to No. 1 on the UK charts on 25 April 1987 for 2 weeks. La Isla Bonita peaked at no. 4 on the US Billboard singles chart.

2) May 1987

Spin Magazine in an article titled “Michael Jackson’s Running Scared” mention the anti crack drug song proposed with Rappers Run DMC.

“It’s the lunch break before the band Run DMC come in to collaborate on an anti-drug song for the new album. Everyone is tucking in. Jackson nibbles on a pomegranate.

Finally, Run DMC come swaggering in. Quincy introduces Michael, who remains silent. Seconds tick away in embarrassed silence. Run DMC are unsettled and can’t get their recording right. Its another wasted day”

The song eventually doesn’t make the track listing.

3) July 1987

News surfaces that Michael’s new album Bad will be released on 31st August 1987. It will feature 10 tracks with a bonus on the CD release. The album will feature the brand new single I Just Can’t Stop Loving You, Smooth Criminal, Another Part Of Me from Captain Eo and the duet Just Good Friends with Stevie Wonder. Of the 11 tracks including the bonus on the CD Michael as written nine.

4) 15th July 1987

I Just Can’t Stop Loving You is premiered in the UK on the Gary Davies Radio 1 Lunch time show.

Dueting with Michael on the album is relevantly unknown Siedah Garrett, whose previous other hit was as a guest vocalist on Dennis Edwards “Don’t Look Any Further”.

Garrett had been composing another song for Michael’s album whn she was invited to stand next to Michael in the studio to duet on the song. Their vocals proved to be remarkably similar.

5) 27th July 1987

I Just Can’t Stop Loving You is released. The UK issues special limited edition 7” & 12” singles with a poster of Michael. Baby Be Mine from Thriller is included on the B-side.

There is no official video to promote the single. A montage from earlier Michael Jackson videos is used to promote the single on shows like Top Of The Pops and The Roxy Network Chart Show.

6) 8th August 1987

I Just Can’t Stop Loving You enters the UK charts at no.5

7) 15th August 1987.

I Just Can’t Stop Loving You hits the Top Of The UK charts in its second week. This achieved without the help of an official video release. The song spends 2 weeks at the top of the charts.

I Just Can’t Stop Loving You will spend 9 weeks on The UK Top 100 singles chart

8) 25th August 1987

Radio 1 UK disc Jockey Mike Smith is prevented from playing exclusive tracks from Michael’s Bad album. Only I Just Can’t Stop Loving You and the title track Bad are allowed to be aired. So incensed is Smith that he vows to break the embargo by planning to play exclusive tracks on his show on 1st September.

9) 31st August 1987

Bad is officially released

Over two and a quarter million copies are shipped to record stores in America. Britain as orders of over 600,000, while Japan as 400,000. All sales records are expected to be smashed in Germany, France and Holland.

Mike Smith keeps his promise to his radio audience by playing exclusive tracks from the album.

10) 1st September 1987

Bad is officially released in the UK.

The 24-minute special “The Magic Returns” is aired on Channel 4 and includes the premiere of his new video Bad directed by Martin Scorsese. The special also includes a retrospective of his career

The script for the video is written by Richard Price and is based on a true story about a student called Edmund Perry, who was shot dead by a plain-clothes officer who claimed he was being mugged.

The colour segment was filmed in a subway station in Brooklyn.

Appearing in the cast is an up and coming actor Wesley Snipes.

Dutch magazine Top 10 dated 1-22nd September 1987 as an exclusive flexi disc giveaway with snippets of all the tracks from Bad except Leave Me Alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back