BAD25 - designated Discussion Thread

Re: Michael Jackson BAD25 - The Announcement We Have All Been Waiting For

I start to think that cause its specifically noted its from "private vhs copy", that way they are preparing us that the quality won't be that good. it also say "The visuals have been restored", so who knows. i don't think Michael watched the tape over and over again and its damaged that much as most vhs tapes.

It's not VMA. It's Grammy Awards.

By BAD. - Sure you are right. Don't know why I wrote VMA ?? :lol:

Grammy!

The fact that Diana was there is nice, but the reality is all the shows were the same at the end of the day.

Orly?

The shows were far from being the same 'at the end of the day'

60 minuntes - surely that is not correct!

The concert is like 100 minutes or so isn't it??

I start to think that cause its specifically noted its from "private vhs copy", that way they are preparing us that the quality won't be that good. it also say "The visuals have been restored", so who knows. i don't think Michael watched the tape over and over again and its damaged that much as most vhs tapes.

I believe it must be good. Cause if a good quality VHS is restored properly, it can turn out in great DVD quality.

Somehow it makes me think that footage in teaser and daybreak footage isn't the real thing which is meant to be..

Hess;3643810 said:
Look at 4:30 - there's a poster for House of Wax 3D. - Surely 3D was not used in cinemas back then, so do you think it is something MJ put there on purpose.

3D was often used in cinemas back in the eighties. The technique isn´t new at all (red-cyan glasses actually were invented in the 19th century) and as mentioned 3D hit cinemas already 30 years ago.

If the only copy we have was Michael's own personal VHS copy, that makes it special to me, personally....
How can we be sure it really is his personal copy though?

Hmm...

;)

Bad Tour concerts were about 120 min in 1988, including the 15 min Band Interlude. You can testify it by the amateur recordings we have.

Also, Amazon just shows off random info to get people pre-ordering things. They're not loyal source at all.

Ever since I joined MJ fansites and made an MJ related YouTube account around 2006/2007, the one request/demand I saw everywhere was for the release of the second leg of the Bad Tour on DVD. There were hundreds of petitions on various sites for Michael to release it, but as you all know he never did.

Now here we are in 2012 awaiting the release of the Bad Tour, just a four month wait. The fanbase has waited 25 years for this, and in four months it will be here. People are still complaining? Would you rather have this VHS rip of Wembley 88 or would you rather have nothing? I choose the VHS rip and if you'd rather have nothing no one is forcing you to buy it.

It just annoys me because this has been at the top of the fans' wishlists since I can remember. It's finally coming. Let's enjoy this.

THANK YOU!

Yesterday the initial reaction was so overwhelmingly positive. I enjoyed it so much!

Then the first rainclouds appeared and now the positivity seems to fade because of all the second guessing and fore judging.

We have a teaser on a website in a tiny little window & a boulevard morning news clip (ON YOUTUBE!!!!) from which we don't know if it includes the final result (qualitywise).

I wrote yesterday on a german forum: With this package no one should have a reason to complain or cry about it.
Perhaps HAPPY TEARS, but nothing else!

But let's wait with the negativity at least till the final thing is here. And don't ruin yourself & others these four month of pleasant anticipation.

60 minutes can't be right :cry:

How can we be sure it really is his personal copy though?

Hmm...

;)

:lmao: that's awesome...

That reminds me of how my little cousin taped over part of my original VHS Oprah interview...grrrr lol

it should be something like 1 hour 54 minutes I'm pretty sure we will get extras on it too but we will have to wait and see I guess, I personally believe the DVD that is being released will be better quality then the daybreak clip so stop worrying and see what we get when it gets released.

so guys..., can anybody give us a piece of advice how to buy this album or dvd or set so that the sales growth of both counted every single piece/unit... for the charts...

It will be counted as a box set with 3x CD + 1 DVD (3 boxsets =9xCD+3DVD), or as ONE unit?

Im not sure if anybody answered, because every day there are tens of new pages of this thread, its hard to follow it...

So, if anybody can answer, post me a PM or here on pg. 57/58!

china's fans looking forward to group buying

I'm still so excited! How I can survive till September. :D Wembley concert will be amazing!

Is that dvd cover final?

Do you guys know whether or not Spike Lee's documentary is associated with the Estate or Sony?

I'm pretty sure it's "Estate approved" and is related to Bad25.

That means fans from other countries can buy the IJCSLY single right? Just to be sure...

that means anyone can buy it from Amazon.com as long as they are willing to pay $12.44 + shipping costs to their country

but check local or near countries first

for example Amazon.de (Germany website) has the same CD single for 3.49 Euro

Sanity.au has it for 4.99 Australian Dollars

So I would recommend shopping around for a good price before pre-ordering it on Amazon.

Anybody knows when the Spike doc is gonna be released?

:bugeyed Amazon's wembley bad concert 1998

An official DVD from a VHS tape? They can't be serious!
:bugeyed Did they at least bother to replace the VHS sound with the multitrack master sound on the DVD?

No one said he spoke about re-adding it there, but that she told him to sing it.

oh ok then must have TOTALLY misread whoever's post I was looking at at the time.

People need to stop freaking out about the dvd being converted from a vhs tape. Tons and tons of movies have been converted and have been proven to turn out great. Technology has gotten so good in the last 20+ years, and I for one don't care.

We're getting the Bad Tour FINALLY for God shakes. Let's be happy. Why is it whenever a new MJ release comes out, people have to bitch about something. Just be glad we're getting it. It's obvious to me after the Michael album fiasco, Sony & The Estate are going all out for Bad 25. Just be glad they aren't doing the same thing with Bad 25 like they did to Thriller 25 by throwing unwanted remixes with 1 unreleased track and a DVD of the albums music videos instead.

This will be BIGGER than Thriller 25 IMO.

Back