BAD25 - The Announcement We Have All Been Waiting For [General Discussion]

Re: Michael Jackson BAD25 - The Announcement We Have All Been Waiting For

If the source is really an VHS tape, then the quality will probably be like Yokohama DVD, maybe a little better... =/

If the source is 4x3 & they keep it, you will see black bars ;) I really don;t hope they will ruin the 4x3 image by cutting the bottom & above space of the image....

I just want good quality images, if that means a black bar or two then so be it.

woohooo...thanks for posting that....yup...I am pretty much breathless watching that. Also....I feel bad for that poor girl that passed out...she probably waited hours only to discover that she missed the whole thing...well THAT IS the effect that Michael has on people...:rollin:......yeah...I need...to .remember,,,,to ,,,breath,,,:lmao:

I have a 46" HD TV too... Watching 4:3 ratio program with wide screen TV is quite bad...

Anyway, I'll take what I get.

Hopefully, the footage in film (16:9) will surface in the near future.

My bf told me our amplifier will 'up-convert' to 1080p....Whatever that means lol ..

Start saving guys because the case, jacket, box set will add up. I have to make a date to get the one that will only be at Walmart.

allright. im confuzzled. 4.3, and 16.9 are new terms for me. i have a 22 inch led lcd tv. how will it affect my picture?

Omg! such good news!!
tumblr_m4398qA37T1rpwvqh.gif
exactly what i did when i read the announcement.

Is it common that anniversary editions get released around the same time as the original was released?
Why wait so long?
Is it like that with other singers too?

As long as the picture is clear and not like Live in Japan, I am happy.

YES!!! This is great news, can't wait to get buy the dvd with the concert!

It is not a long wait because something comes out in June.

As long as the picture is clear and not like Live in Japan, I am happy.

And as long as the sound is better than Bucharest DVD..lol

so let me get this straight..I can own this deluxe boxset for only 45.00 US dollars???

3 CD and 1 DVD is $45 on MJ Store. Probably Amazon would have it lower.

There's a case which includes 3 CD, 1 DVD, A tshirt, a replica ticket, tour program, back stage pass, lanyard etc for $199.99

Literally jumped in the air and punched my fists.....accidently knocking over a bottle of coke in the process but who cares!!This looks like a fans wish list, amazing product being released here by the estate! Now I'm eagerly awaiting news of what unreleased songs will be on the disc 2 package

Nah, in our time when LED TV's are selling like hotcakes, I'm sure they'll give us something we all can enjoy :yes:

3 CD and 1 DVD is $45 on MJ Store. Probably Amazon would have it lower.

There's a case which includes 3 CD, 1 DVD, A tshirt, a replica ticket, tour program, back stage pass, lanyard etc for $199.99

WOW....I better start saving NOW....I am gonna make sure I get this....I gotta have this..:jump: I dont think I willl be able to get the 199.00 dollar package....but that is ok.....the 3 cd's and the 1 dvd with the concert....oh man...i dont care what I have to go without from now til then.....I am gonna own that. Thank you for answering Ivy. I AM SOOOOOO EXCITED.....OK....BREATH.......:D

There's no problem if the TV is LED/LCD/16:9,etc. just set the f*cking aspect ration on "widescreen" and watch it!

Dirty Diana from the Bad Tour Concert in Wembley in 16.07.1988. Listen to the powerful bass, sounds very like James Bond music stylish bass! =D

O.M.G!!!!!! YES!! :wild:

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! I cannot contain my excitement.

What makes this extra special for me is that I was at this very concert that night!!!!!

This is only a true if the source is 16x9 & you cut it to 4x3. If the recorded source is 4x3 you will have black bars on left & right.

Ok, but all the videos on Dangerous, History 1 & 2, Number Ones are 16:9 without black bars. But on the Vision DVD there are black bars on the same videos. Why? If the original videos were in 4:3 like on the Vision that means that it is possible to convert them to 16:9 like on all those other DVDs.

Dirty Diana from the Bad Tour Concert in Wembley in 16.07.1988. Listen to the powerful bass, sounds very like James Bond music stylish bass! =D

Oh my, oh my, oooooh my :dropdead:

Great news and i can't be sure, but maybe Blu Ray was simply not possible, maybe the visual quality is not Blu Ray worthy. I really DO wonder how the DVD is gonna look. I certainly hope its sharp and crisp looking enough. There ain't a tracklist yet of the three cd's?

uhggg....I have to go to work..I will be back here later to catch up....have a great day guys......I AM SOOOO EXCITED.

This is only a true if the source is 16x9 & you cut it to 4x3. If the recorded source is 4x3 you will have black bars on left & right.

Yeah, I know. I was only trying to explain to him what 4:3 and 16:9 mean... the 'extra picture are' will of course be black if the source is 4:3.

This sounds amazing! I'm just disappointed that we won't get Blu-ray, so I hope that right after this release the estate will start working on finding some pro-filmed Bad tour concerts so we can someday have a Bad tour blu-ray boxset!

I wish they would add a The Way You Make Me Feel performance from another concert in there. (The one where Tatiana kissed him would be great...) And it would be nice to have the option to play it like it was part of the concert, not only as bonus footage.

So... as you know Michael said that he had a big crush on Princess Diana... I can't wait to see how great he will perform to impress his lady! :D Michael should have performed The Way You Make Me Feel with Princess Diana as the girl! lol

Ok, but all the videos on Dangerous, History 1 & 2, Number Ones are 16:9 without black bars. But on the Vision DVD there are black bars on the same videos. Why? If the original videos were in 4:3 like on the Vision that means that it is possible to convert them to 16:9 like on all those other DVDs.
because the vision is widescreen dvd. the dvd was authored in widescreen. meaning the picture is widescreen on all videos. the videos that are 4:3 have black bars on the sides to fill the missing. the same does your tv when you watch 4:3 picture on WS tv.
those who still have old 4:3 tv's need to zoom in, so the blackbars won't be on all 4 sides.
people with ws-tv don't need to do anything.

if some prefer to watch the old 4:3 dvds on ws-tv with streched picture, thats not possible with vision.

Back