Batman: The Dark Knight [All threads merged].. Dark Knight Sequel Casting Rumors

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Re: Rumor: Controversial Joker Scene(s) in The Dark Knight - Update: Not Cut #24

1 MORE WEEK UNTIL THE DARK KNIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Not to be morbid, but I wonder if Joker dies in the movie. In the comics and cartoons, he always just gets dumped in Arkham Asylum and easily escapes, but a lot of these superhero big screen movies have a way of killing off their villains in the movie they're in, and then moving on to new villains in the next movie. I was disappointed when Eddie Brock died in Spider-Man 3, because I really thought Topher Grace had a very interesting character going with him. It was different from the previously well known version of Brock, but I loved how in the movie, he paralleled Peter as a less noble version of him. I know I criticized Nicholson's Joker for not being like the known Joker, but I never really loved the dumb bodybuilder version of Brock in the first place; it was Venom who was awesome. There are a lot of rumors about Grace reprising the role, so who knows?

Ah, so easy to get off topic. What was I gonna say? Oh, yeah: I wonder who'll play Joker next if he survives the movie. I still say Jim Carrey should be the obvious choice, dammit.

I seriously doubt any actor who participated in Batman and Robin will be allowed in Nolan's Batman. Jim Carey as the Joker? No thanks. That's a whole 360. Hell I'd rather see Bruce Campbell as the Joker then Jim Carey.

Last edited:
Re: Rumor: Controversial Joker Scene(s) in The Dark Knight - Update: Not Cut #24

1 MORE WEEK UNTIL THE DARK KNIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

I seriously doubt any actor who participated in Batman and Robin will be allowed in Nolan's Batman.

Good thing Jim Carrey didn't participate in Batman & Robin, then.

We get TDK on the 16 here on OZ ;)

Good thing Jim Carrey didn't participate in Batman & Robin, then.

OK, let me be more specific smart ass :p Anyone who participated in the Joel Schumacher films. Anything that involves bad hair dye jobs, nipples, codpieces, bodybuilders with strong accents, Robin just existing, and things of that nature. The movies were so bad that he actually apologized for them. The only good thing about Batman Forever was Seal's 'Kiss From a Rose' song from the soundtrack.

Last edited:

Shumuchers films were 2 hour toy commercials.

I just CANT WAIT for this movie....

This has to be a movie for the ages as the buzz over this movie is intense. There is more anticipation for this movie than the latest IJ4 movie that was 20 years in the making!

The film looks good. I feel a little weird about it, since Heath Ledger was so young. It's so sad he passed away. But he seems to, from the previews I've seen, done an excellent job of capturing how demented the Joker is supposed to be. Does anyone remember that animated movie of Batman Beyond or whatever it's called, it was the newer Batman where it's suppsed to be set in the future, But Bruce Wayne has a flash back of when the Joker kidnapped the little Robin? And he totally turned him insane by torturing him and sh*t? Does anyone know the episode I'm talking about? And Batman actually KILLS the Joker in it because what he did to Robin was so horrific? That was freakin' a scary scene. You should look it up on youtube if you haven't seen it. It really epitomizes what the Joker is. He's funny, but undernieth he really is sinister. Anyway, Heath Ledger seems to have captured that. I loved Jack Nicholson as the Joker though too. He was totally nuts!

Okay, this is the video I'm talking about. Watch it if you haven't seen it. The Joker is scary as sh*t in this, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUsVwW_gEno&feature=related

Last edited:

^ The Return of the Joker was ****ing awesome.

So yeah, is anyone going to the midnight premier of TDK? I know I am!:yes::clapping:

^ The Return of the Joker was ****ing awesome.

It was pretty cool, lol. The whole Batman animated series was probably the best one done out of any superhero series ever. They weren't afraid to be dark.

Last edited:

Will The Dark Knight Have a $130 Million Weekend? We’re Thinking Bigger, You?

A few days ago, an article on another website asked, “Is The Dark Knight playing fair? Shouldn’t it pipe down a bit and give Hellboy 2 and Hancock some breathing room? Is this movie a big bully?” Bonkers (and a little sad). At this point, it’s fair to say that Christopher Nolan’s sequel-of-sequels is more like a holiday than a film. The New York Times parlayed that some American ticket buyers are even taking off work (Slashfilm clause: you get the day off if you have to wait in line). Spandex clad men in capes tailgating in the mall parking lot: serious business.
DHD reports that inside sources at Warner Bros. are playing it safe and predicting $100 million for the three-day weekend. We all know that is insanely low. Select IMAX theaters are now offering 6 a.m. screenings after their midnight and 3 a.m. showings went the way of the dodo. Tickets sales are boffo across the board, and have been for weeks.
Nikki Finke’s sources are predicting $130 million, which would place it third for biggest three-day weekend of all time behind Spider-Man 3 ($151 million) and POTC: DMC ($131 million).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRl0-ya5nM4

Last edited:

I'm going to have to say it's pretty ridiculous to have considered cutting it. The guy is playing a maniacal, schtizo killer anyways. If we're all that sensitive, they may as well have scrapped the movie and refilmed with another actor.

It's just a movie.

Last edited:

It was pretty cool, lol. The whole Batman animated series was probably the best one done out of any superhero series ever. They weren't afraid to be dark.
the one that i remember from the 90s was great, the recent ones have been crap although Batman of the future wasnt bad

the one that i remember from the 90s was great, the recent ones have been crap although Batman of the future wasnt bad

Yeah, that's the one I'm talking about. The early 90s "Batman: The Animated Series" was rockin'. The cartoons they make now suck ass though, I agree.

But back on topic, I think the follow-up was that they left the clip in there. We'll see tomorrow. Or day after tomorrow, I guess. I'm going to the first midnight showing here. Gonna be awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

if heath does win, i hope it's because it's a truly good performance and not because he passed away....the grammy's seemed to be all on ray charles and johnny cash AFTER they died but not before

Last edited:

The sad thing is I think IF they give Heath Ledger an oscar, it will be precisley because he's passed away. When has the Acadamy ever given an oscar to a performance in a comic book character adaptation or scientific, futuristic film? Never, as far as I know. Even when that performance is oscar worthy, they never do it. I thought Will Smith was amazing in "I Am Legend", but because of the film genre, he wasn't even considered. The only reason I can see them doing it or even considering it is because Ledger died.

Last edited:

The sad thing is I think IF they give Heath Ledger an oscar, it will be precisley because he's passed away. When has the Acadamy ever given an oscar to a performance in a comic book character adaptation or scientific, futuristic film? Never, as far as I know. Even when that performance is oscar worthy, they never do it. I thought Will Smith was amazing in "I Am Legend", but because of the film genre, he wasn't even considered. The only reason I can see them doing it or even considering it is because Ledger died.

The death certainly gives him more of a shot, sadly, but I'll wait until tomorrow to see if the performance "deserves" it. If it does, then it's good enough for me, even if passing away gave his Oscar chances a push.

Also, I usually skip the Oscars because it looks like some stuffy no-fun elitist stuff. Too formal for me.

Yeah, I agree with you, if the performance is as good as is being said, then he deserves it. It just sucks that they'll give it to him more because he passed then because they think he deserves it.

I hate the Oscars my self. They don't diddly usually anyway, lol.

im a heath ledger fan and to me the guy deserves it his performance on every movie was spectacular and even tho he passed away nothing could take that away from him the dark knight is his last well not exactly the other film he was doin before he died is due to hit cinema's in 2009

roeper said that while the internet buzz is he's gonna get an oscar or be nominated, it's very unlikely and thosewho are in charge of the votes and nominations aren't theones fueling the rumors, it's thosewho want to se ehim awarded

Last edited:

Sorry to break the debate over an offensive word, but I just got back from the movie and...I am seriously questioning whether I truly liked it. It's not by any means bad - in fact, Aaron Eckhart steals this movie, NOT Heath Ledger, but I feel so lukewarm after my first impression. The 2 hours and 30 minutes fly by with this movie, but still - there is something here that I don't feel right about.

Maybe all the hype surrounding it didn't give me a clear head about this movie, but unlike the last Batman movie, this might not be something that I'll see a second time unless relatives or friends really want me to go with them. :/

That's interesting Sparkling9Souls. I had a feeling that would be the casem, that they would over hype it. I didn't love the first one to begin with. Aaron Eckhart is a really good actor. I'm not surprised that you say he stole the movie. I haven't seen it yet though.

How can anyone say Heath Ledger didnt steal the movie of course he did
he locked himself inside an appartment for a whole month to prepare for the dark knight

as im a fan of heath this is my opinion
Heath rock's

Last edited:

I'm going to see this film next week and i'm really looking forward to it, it looks like its gonna be a smash!

Back