Batman: The Dark Knight [All threads merged].. Dark Knight Sequel Casting Rumors

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Re: Rumor: Controversial Joker Scene(s) in The Dark Knight - Update: Not Cut #24

don't wait for next week... GO NOW!!

It is the greatest movie out this year thus far... Not only that, the best BATMAN ever.. AND in my estimation the best 'super hero' movie of all time.. I would not call it a PERFECT film, there are still things I would critique and change..

But JOKER stole the show... The first movie EVER that I rooted for the villan over the hero..

Batman The Dark Night Box office record/reactions

OK, to no suprize has Batman: The Dark Night recieved an ALL TIME record for it's opening day.. Beating 'Spiderman 3' with 59.8 million, Batman recieved 66.4 million in the box office on it's opening day..

The midnight showing alone recieved 18.5 million..

This is an increadable feat for a movie...

SIMPLY PUT... GO SEE IT!!! You will be entertained.. It takes 'super hero' movies in a new exciting direction.. It's not NOT just for kids.. That's for damn sure! infact some may want to keep there kids at home..

Last edited:
Re: Batman The Dark Night Box office record/reactions

I'm going to see this on Tuesday, I've already bought tickets. I can't wait! :D

I can't wait to see this in IMAX Cinemas :wub:

*SPOILER ALERT*

This movie is the Empire Strikes Back of the superhero genre. Everything about it screamed "epic." There are probably some things like a lot of subplots that movie buffs will pick on, but what a damn ride to sit through in the theater. Someone mentioned Heath Ledger's name in a thread somewhere about people who died before hitting their prime. Well, after seeing the movie, Heath Ledger may have died DURING his prime. The Joker alone is reason to see this. And mind you, this is coming from someone who hasn't even been a Heath Ledger fan in the past.

Simply craps all over Nicholson's Joker, and if you disagree, then you may have no appreciation for the real Joker. Nicholson was some mob dude in make-up. Heath Ledger WAS The Joker. You forget all about the face behind the make-up and ugly expressions, which might be fortunate for people looking to get into the film without being saddened over the actor's demise.

The fall of Dent was done in a way where you legitimately LIKED the guy throughout. He wasn't just some d*ck who was preventing Batman from being with Rachel. He was a great guy, and it was sad when he became Two Face (or, if you're like me, it was awesome). Speaking of TF, his make-up = brutal, and I mean that in a good way.

I like that it didn't even feel like you were watching a comic book movie, but rather a suspense/mystery/thriller classic with friggin' Batman and Joker in it. Very dark, too. It's rather ridiculous that all this violence and gloom and doom can get a PG-13 rating, but drop a few F bombs and you'll get an "R" for a comedy. Or some nudity.

Argh, I wanna see it again. I might catch a bootleg. (Hey, I already went to the theater and paid. Lay off.)

No, I kill the bus driver.

Last edited:

You guys will think it's amazing.. Im my opinion the best 'super hero' movie ever.. The first one that I rooted for the villan over the hero.. Pretty different..

LOVED IT!!

and if you guys watched the 90's batman, you'll see the difference.. For example 2face look SO different than the old one.. His face actually looks burnt..

That movie must have really been a boarderline for pg-13.. If they added anymore of Jokers sedistic ways, it would have been 'R'.. He's just crazy.. in a twisted cool way.. (cool to me).. lol!

Some of what he says is SO true, in a bad way..

I can't whole heartedly say that it's the BEST superhero movie. For me, I've always felt it was Superman I or II (the first two Supermans get regrettably overlooked too often when people are busy debating about all the new line of superhero flicks), but Dark Knight is up there now. Those are definitely my favorite three right now.

I seriously doubt any actor who participated in Batman and Robin will be allowed in Nolan's Batman. Jim Carey as the Joker? No thanks. That's a whole 360. Hell I'd rather see Bruce Campbell as the Joker then Jim Carey.

I'd actually like to see Bruce Campbell as the Joker - but only cuz I'm a fan and if the film happened to be an all-out crack fest XD. I think there's no doubt though that it would have to return to campy 60's Batman then, being Bruce Campbell and all.

The film looks good. I feel a little weird about it, since Heath Ledger was so young. It's so sad he passed away. But he seems to, from the previews I've seen, done an excellent job of capturing how demented the Joker is supposed to be. Does anyone remember that animated movie of Batman Beyond or whatever it's called, it was the newer Batman where it's suppsed to be set in the future, But Bruce Wayne has a flash back of when the Joker kidnapped the little Robin? And he totally turned him insane by torturing him and sh*t? Does anyone know the episode I'm talking about? And Batman actually KILLS the Joker in it because what he did to Robin was so horrific? That was freakin' a scary scene. You should look it up on youtube if you haven't seen it. It really epitomizes what the Joker is. He's funny, but undernieth he really is sinister. Anyway, Heath Ledger seems to have captured that. I loved Jack Nicholson as the Joker though too. He was totally nuts!

Okay, this is the video I'm talking about. Watch it if you haven't seen it. The Joker is scary as sh*t in this, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUsVwW_gEno&feature=related

I *adore* the animated series. I grew up watching it, right up through Batman Beyond and Justice League and am collecting it all now. And Return of the Joker was crazy sick O_O. That scene with Robin being a little carbon copy of Joker is NUTS. It's so... twisted. And just perfect, the characterizations and the showdown and everything. If you wanna see another creepy Joker story, this fan film from 'Bat in the Sun Productions' is excellent & well-researched/scripted (REALLY - it's rare to find a fan film so well done):

***WARNING*** It might not be suited for everyone. It is a little violent. Viewer discretion is advised. :)

It was pretty cool, lol. The whole Batman animated series was probably the best one done out of any superhero series ever. They weren't afraid to be dark.

the one that i remember from the 90s was great, the recent ones have been crap although Batman of the future wasnt bad

A friend and I actually end up talking about this quite often. It's true - a lot of cartoons back then were a great deal darker. The team behind Batman: The Animated Series did actually get in trouble with the FCC on occasion, I believe, but they made it clear that that good storytelling was their main priority above all else, not the 'corruption of the little boys of America' (and girls! :girl_pride: ) :laugh:. I never catch Saturday morning cartoons anymore, but I have managed to watch some of the new Batman series. It's not... that bad. It'll never be anywhere near as good as the old series, but what are ya gonna do? :dntknw: My friend and I reckon our generation kinda just went through a golden age of entertainment :happy:.

I can't whole heartedly say that it's the BEST superhero movie. For me, I've always felt it was Superman I or II (the first two Supermans get regrettably overlooked too often when people are busy debating about all the new line of superhero flicks), but Dark Knight is up there now. Those are definitely my favorite three right now.

Really? I loved Christopher Reeve and the Superman films were definitely great (I actually liked Superman III the best believe it not - Richard Pryor and the cracktastic "bad kryptonite" make it a real fun film to watch & get silly with in the company of friends and uh :drunken::D). They were great films for their time, definitely awesome superhero films. But there's a lot of zanyness in them that I'm not sure can appeal to everyone. I dunno, I'm not saying anything against you. I just never been able to get over Zod and the throwing of the El thingy... I dunno, maybe Family Guy has something to do with that :cheeky:. But they are great films. Whereas everyone else hated Superman Returns, I liked it because I thought it paid good & proper homage to the old ones.

I'm seeing TDK in a matter of few hours in IMAX. I AM SO FRIGGIN AMPED!!! I should sleep but I'm too excited! I've been waiting for this film for so long & heard so many good things and that the movie has lived up to the hype and a friend told me that he imagines it's like what seeing Star Wars back when must have been like (and you said something along the same lines Grand Master S, but I didn't want to read your spoiler) so I am like dying to see it. I MUST SLEEP... can't... contain... my.... excitement. :wild:

On a lighter note, I think this video is appropriate to share (this user has a lot of funny videos which are worth checking out, a lot of which are modeled after the Mac/PC commercials):

Last edited:

Really? I loved Christopher Reeve and the Superman films were definitely great (I actually liked Superman III the best believe it not - Richard Pryor and the cracktastic "bad kryptonite" make it a real fun film to watch & get silly with in the company of friends and uh :drunken::D). They were great films for their time, definitely awesome superhero films. But there's a lot of zanyness in them that I'm not sure can appeal to everyone. I dunno, I'm not saying anything against you. I just never been able to get over Zod and the throwing of the El thingy... I dunno, maybe Family Guy has something to do with that :cheeky:. But they are great films. Whereas everyone else hated Superman Returns, I liked it because I thought it paid good & proper homage to the old ones.

I can forgive the goofball stuff because it's essentially supposed to be a kid's movie, but without being an abomination like Batman & Robin. Also, Superman is for traditional heroic values. I actually wish Superman Returns wasn't afraid to use the "truth, justice, and American way" line. Other than inferior special effects (and the random throwing of the S), though, I don't think there's anything about those films story wise that doesn't hold up today. At least in the first two. By part III they weren't taking it seriously whatsoever, and I don't even want to mention Superman IV.

And it also had a lot to do with Christopher Reeve's performance of Superman, which I think is by far the best played superhero ever. No other embodied their character more.

I'm sure it doesn't appeal to everyone, but I've never considered that before when evaluating things. Michael Jackson doesn't appeal to everyone either, and that doesn't stop them from enjoying lesser versions of him like Justin Timberlake. I just assume that people who can't get into the same stuff I do are retarded, and that I am smart. The world is better that way.

Last edited:
Re: Batman: The Dark Knight [All threads merged]

On Thursday we told you that 4,591 Internet Movie Database users had rated The Dark Knight a 9.7 out of 10 (or a 9.0 out of 10 from regular IMDb voters), good enough for the #4 spot on the top 250 movies of all time list. We expected the film to slide down a few slots as a larger sample of votes came in. We were wrong.

It’s now Saturday night, and with 19,000 more votes counted, the film has propelled into the coveted #1 spot! Of course, The Dark Knight is expected to slide down the list as more and more votes are added to the average, but it’s worth noting this almost unprecedented accomplishment.
The top spot has been held by The Godfather since sometime in the late 1990’s (this late 1996 capture of the chart from the early days of IMDb shows Star Wars in the top slot). As far as I can tell, no film has unseated The Godfather from the top spot in the last decade. The last film to get even close was The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, which got a high as the #2 in 2004. Return of the King currently sits comfortably at #14.

I happen to be a fan of Heath Ledger's, have been from the beginning (10 Things I Hate About You, and on...) and I saw this film in IMAX on Friday. I reserved myself to what I thought of the film until it was all over. My worst fear was that the hype would tarnish people's thoughts on Heath's acting and the movie itself. IT BLEW MY MIND! Heath DID steal the movie. That WASN'T Heath Ledger as the Joker on screen...THAT WAS THE JOKER. HE BECAME the Joker. I loved all the other characters and thought they did well but every time Heath was on screen you were riveted towards him. And I found myself, not as a Heath fan but as a BATMAN fan, just wishing the Joker would pop up or feeling the anticipation of WHEN he'd be back. This movie, much like BATMAN begins but even more so with this one, was made to be a "super hero" flick in real life. It's VERY dark, and you feel as you're watching it like you can relate to ALL of the characters. I found myself laughing and getting excited by the fight scenes (I LOVE action movies), and I couldn't help crying either (several times actually). Heath stole the show, and I think one of the best scenes in the movie was...I wont spoil it for anyone so I'll just say it involved the Joker and a Nurse outfit, enough said. This film and the Joker caught the spirit of what Batman has always been about. Now, I've always loved the first two Batmans (I refuse to call it the originals because the new Batman movies are NOT remakes, they're a whole new series) and even loved Batman Forever (with the riddler and Two Face), but I felt even though they were dark in their own right they still had a feel of cartoon with them if you get me. Whereas the new series is very dark and very real. It feels like they could actually happen, which is cool. Jack's Joker was amazing and I'll always love his Joker, but Heath's Joker blows Jack's away. It's like you feel like you don't EVER want to be in the same room as him, he's so sick and twisted. If Heath doesn't win an oscar I will be upset, because this character that he made was VERY deserving and it WASN'T over hyped. Like I said before, it was the JOKER on screen in the film NOT Heath Ledger as the Joker. HE DESERVES the oscar! And not just because he died, and if he gets one and people think that I will be disappointed. Because some people will, and those people will have obviously NOT seen the movie.

I'm actually seeing it again today so...hehehe...

This movie is in my top three Favourite films EVER, and that's saying something for me. If you haven't seen it GO SEE IT! NOW! Stop what ever it is that you're doing and GO SEE IT! It'll BLOW YOU AWAY!

IT'S

ALL

APART

OF

THE

PLAN!

**CACKLES**

Last edited:

The sad thing is I think IF they give Heath Ledger an oscar, it will be precisley because he's passed away. When has the Acadamy ever given an oscar to a performance in a comic book character adaptation or scientific, futuristic film? Never, as far as I know. Even when that performance is oscar worthy, they never do it. I thought Will Smith was amazing in "I Am Legend", but because of the film genre, he wasn't even considered. The only reason I can see them doing it or even considering it is because Ledger died.
Will smith should of had won something for that role, I'd say its his best piece of acting since he done Ali

I happen to be a fan of Heath Ledgers, have been from the beginning (10 Things I Hate About You, and on...) and I saw this film in IMAX on Friday. I reserved myself to what I thought of the film until it was all over. My worst fear was that the hype would tarnish people's thoughts on Heath's acting and the movie itself. IT BLEW MY MIND! Heath DID steal the movie. That WASN'T Heath Ledger as the Joker on screen...THAT WAS THE JOKER. HE BECAME the Joker. I loved all the other characters and thought they did well but every time Heath was on screen you were riveted towards him. And I found myself, not as a Heath fan but as a BATMAN fan, just wishing the Joker would pop up or feeling the anticipation of WHEN he'd be back. This movie, much like BATMAN begins but even more so with this one, was made to be a "super hero" flick in real life. It's VERY dark, and you feel as you're watching it like you can relate to ALL of the characters. I found myself laughing and getting excited by the fight scenes (I LOVE action movies), and I couldn't help crying either (several times actually). Heath stole the show, and I think one of the best scenes in the movie was...I wont spoil it for anyone so I'll just say it involved the Joker and a Nurse outfit, enough said. This film and the Joker caught the spirit of what Batman has always been about. Now, I've always loved the first two Batmans (I refuse to call it the originals because the new Batman movies are NOT remakes, they're a whole new series) and even loved Batman Forever (with the Joker and Two Face), but I felt even though they were dark in their own right they still had a feel of cartoon with them if you get me. Whereas the new series is very dark and very real. It feels like they could actually happen, which is cool. Jack's Joker was amazing and I'll always love his Joker, but Heath's Joker blows Jack's away. It's like you feel like you don't EVER want to be in the same room as him, he's so sick and twisted. If Heath doesn't win an oscar I will be upset, because this character that he made was VERY deserving and it WASN'T over hyped. Like I said before, it was the JOKER on screen in the film NOT Heath Ledger as the Joker. HE DESERVES the oscar! And not just because he died, and if he gets one and people think that I will be disappointed. Because some people will, and those people will have obviously NOT seen the movie.

I'm actually seeing it again today so...hehehe...

This movie is in my top three Favourite films EVER, and that's saying something for me. If you haven't seen it GO SEE IT! NOW! Stop what ever it is that you're doing and GO SEE IT! It'll BLOW YOU AWAY!

IT'S

ALL

APART

OF

THE

PLAN!

**CACKLES**
What a nice review...I really can't wait to see it!!

I need to amend my first post, I said that the Joker and Two Face were in Batman Forever when it should have said the Riddler and Two Face...sorry...LOL.

I just got back from seeing it again and it was JUST AS AMAZING as the first time. !!!!!

LOVED IT!

Oh and I also wanted to note that those who say Heath might not be nominated simply because of the genre of film this was or because it's based off of a comic book, well I have to mention that Johnny Depp was nominated for his role as Capt. Jack Sparrow, let us not forget that. I understand it's not in the same genre of film. However, IF an actor can be nominated because of his performance in a film based off a DISNEY THEME PARK RIDE I'm pretty sure that Heath's brilliant performance has a chance.

If an actor can create a character that is so brilliant with acting that is amazing as Johnny did with Jack or in this case as Heath did with the Joker there is a VERY good chance that he could stand to garner a nomination regardless of the film genre.

Last edited:

Will smith should of had won something for that role, I'd say its his best piece of acting since he done Ali

I know. I thought his acting was really good in that film.

Heath might get nominated, but the chances of him winning aren't good.

I'm planning on seeing this today :D Everyone's been telling me how good it is and I feel left out :p And I'm glad that Heath did such a good job in this movie :yes: At least he went out with a bang. lol

You guys will love this movie more than u think.... :)

I'm not saying Heath won't win because he doesn't deserve it, I'm saying his chances aren't good because the Acadamy rarely gives best actor oscars for roles in science fiction and/or comic book adaptation films, if they ever have.

I'm not saying Heath won't win because he doesn't deserve it, I'm saying his chances aren't good because the Acadamy rarely gives best actor oscars for roles in science fiction and/or comic book adaptation films, if they ever have.

oh okay sorry

my mistake

And just because they haven't does not mean they wont. If the performance is worthy of a nomination and the award itself, as Heath's performance in this film IS, then it has every bit a chance at Oscar than anyone else.

NOW...Again this movie and Heath WERE AMAZING!!!

And just because they haven't does not mean they wont. If the performance is worthy of a nomination and the award itself, as Heath's performance in this film IS, then it has every bit a chance at Oscar than anyone else.

NOW...Again this movie and Heath WERE AMAZING!!!

i totally agree with u on this heath was amazing in whatever role he did
i would say his best before the dark knight was his performance in candy if u aint seen it go rent it its worth it

Last edited:

The movie and Heath Ledger were amazing... Heath's Joker was a lot better than Jack Nicholson's. My favorite part was the hospital explosion; it was well planned out and it looked good. :D

Just came back from seeing it and thought it was great! Heath stole the whole movie. I really do think he should be nomianted for an oscar and it has nothing to do with his passing because I actually forgot all about that while watching the film. He really does deserve all the praise he has gotten. This is easily the best movie i've seen this year.

I finally saw it. Heath WAS the film. On it's own the film is good, but Heath made it special. He made the Joker real, he made him sympathetic and relatable, he made you care about the character. He brought a truth to the role and humanity. Even though the Joker was doing things you couldn't understand or connect with, Heath somehow made the character someone you felt for, someone you understood, someone you wanted to come out on top, because as warped as the Joker's thought process was, Heath made it seem like he was right. He raised it to the level of art, which I think rarely occures in acting. Heath created truth with his role, and because of that, he shouldn't just be nominated for an oscar, he should win. Heath was obviously a special person whose flame extinguished too early. The special ones always suffer in the world though. But he made an impact and as my father said, he is an important figure in the world. He wasn't an actor, he was an artist.

The film itself was good, enjoyable, but Heath Ledger was the only thing in it that really mattered at all.

Last edited:
Back