Behind the Mask - Official Discussion Thread

Re: The "Behind the Mask" Thread

could be yeah.

Excellent song, sounds superb.

Can't help but notice similarities between that though and this: (first 4 bars)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9utFNqhJUgY

Further more proves MJ's involvement with the Sonic games for SEGA :)

"Behind The Mask" original by Yellow Magic Orchestra is from Japan... so is SEGA... ;)
YMO are electronic music gadfathers in japan... just like Kraftwerk in Europe.

I'm going to be really honest here. I don't like the song. It sounds a bit dated and I don't think its well put together, I think its a bit repetitive. But it might grow on me so will listen to it a few times more.

Shanice is the wife of film star, Flex Alexander, and the mother of their two children ~ nine-year-old Imani, and six- year-old Elijah.and six- year-old Elijah.

http://www.blackstarnews.com/news/131/ARTICLE/6930/2010-11-18.html

Hah, how ironic, that is the dude who played Michael in that crappy biography movie "Man In The Mirror" that portrayed Michael as a freaky person. It was released in 2004 during the time when Michael was accused and charged. Michael needed to release a statement in which he condemned the movie as a false portrait.

He did release a message via MJJSource in 2004 about this, can't find at the mo'

*^^^^

He did? Please I hope soo much you can find it.

Well, just listed to the entire album.. BTM is definitely on of the best tracks there..

its really creates an awesome 80s retro vibe.. great addition to the album!

-Dal

Oh Sophie you don't like my favorite song. Maybe you might grow to love it. By the way that man in the mirror was horrifying as you guys said and I am glad it was denounced my Michael.

I dont get why they used the call and response from the Bucharest show in the background. :S The bit just before Wanna Be Startin Somethin.

I guess it does sound quite cool, just seems strange to use live performance vocals in a song.

I am totally addicted to the song though. I think its excellent, makes me feel good :) haha

Instant classic. People are gonna be playing this song for years and years.

Yeah they definately included the call and response from before Wanna Be Startin Somethin Bucharest.

What are peoples thoughts on this?

Call and response? Hmmm...i'ma have to listen to the song again to see what you mean :). I really love this track, the beat and melody is stuck in my head, it's probably my fav track of the 7 tracks.

Yeah they definately included the call and response from before Wanna Be Startin Somethin Bucharest.

Call and response from Bucharest? :scratch:

I just hear the cheering of a live crowd...but I don't hear any indication where it would be from..Could you be more specific?

I really like how the third verse starts very late in the song, i didn't expect that. Really love that melody, damn!!!

the crowd noise and Whistle is taken from HWT Bucharest.

Listen in the background at about 3:34.

You can hear the call and response from before WBSS in Bucharest 1992.

'How you doin? Hee Hee, hee hee' etc......

the crowd noise and Whistle is taken from HWT Bucharest.

Which is taken from DWT Bucharest haha

Listen in the background at about 3:34.

You can hear the call and response from before WBSS in Bucharest 1992.

'How you doin? Hee Hee, hee hee' etc......

Ohh.. yeah it could be from there.. but he did that in a lot of concerts so I think its tough to say for sure ;)

On a side note, anyone else really love the Saxophone in this song? It fits perfectly IMO :D

yea i hear it too....I don't know why they needed to add that. The crowd noise and whistle sound was well adjusted to the song. I liked it

is my favorite from de album... i hope they make a great video for it!

I hear the sax too and also love it. We will bring this to number 1.

This song is BRILLIANT...I could do without the live audience part...but man, his vocals, the beatboxing, and the saxophone are sexy as hell....Such an '80's vibe to it...it's amazing..

Back