Bobby Brown claims he once dated Janet

I like Janet alot. And I don't believe Janet really said that to Bobby. But nevertheless, I agree with Datsymay. If she didn't say that, she needs to get out there and refute it. Most if not all of the Jacksons rely on the public for their living. And too much of the public already have enough bad impressions about them purely out of their misrepresentation in the media. The media's behavior is increasingly making other people think they can make a quick buck by slamming the family. If Janet doesn't want this to get out of control and add to an already big mess, she needs to say something IMO.

Last edited:
Are u serious? I aint thanking Leno for crap ish. lol

Dats u really think what Bobby said is true? You know people (celebs mostly) make books USUALLY to make money and/or sensationalize...not necessarily to show some 'truth' to the world or something.

Really it's not a big deal. Race is an important issue but bobby brown and what he has to say is not. lol

Last edited:
I like Janet alot. And I don't believe Janet really said that to Bobby. But nevertheless, I agree with Datsymay. If she didn't say that, she needs to get out there and refute it. Most if not all of the Jacksons rely on the public for their living. And too much of the public already have enough bad impressions about them purely out of their misrepresentation in the media. The media's behavior is increasingly making other people think they can make a quick buck by slamming the family. If Janet doesn't want this to get out of control and add to an already big mess, she needs to say something IMO.
Thanks very much. This is all I have been trying to say yesterday when I got victimised.:)

Are u serious? I aint thanking Leno for crap ish. lol

Dats u really think what Bobby said is true? You know people (celebs mostly) make books USUALLY to make money and/or sensationalize...not necessarily to show some 'truth' to the world or something.

Really it's not a big deal. Race is an important issue but bobby brown and what he has to say is not. lol
I don't know whether it is true or not but if you read all my posts you will see that I used the word "IF" quite a lot. I wasn't there, so I am prepared to keep an open mind as I have said before. The reason why I showed concern is because MTV chose to use that statement from Bobby to promote the book. Of all the things Bobby said in the book, MTV chose that one. Why, because they know that it is potentially damaging for the Jacksons, esp within the black community.
For people who say it doesn't matter what the black community thinks about the Jacksons, well, it DOES matter, because the Jacksons are members of that community and nobody wants to be isolated from their own people, not even if your name is Jackson. :)

sure the media can pick and chose what they want from the book but that doesn't mean it's gonna do any real damage. Doesn't mean people are gonna care. Tons of things have been said about the jacksons involving race...what bobby freakin brown says is not gonna necessarily leave a significant dent in anyone's minds. This is BOBBY BROWN, not MLK, Jesse Jackson, or Barack Obama :lol:

Last edited:
There's too much focus on race, which is what in turn breeds racism in the first place. Seperatism and prejudice. I don't care what any community thinks of the Jacksons, I don't lump them in to a group of people, they are just people to me, and that is how I will judge them.

There's too much focus on race, which is what in turn breeds racism in the first place. Seperatism and prejudice. I don't care what any community thinks of the Jacksons, I don't lump them in to a group of people, they are just people to me, and that is how I will judge them.

Yep. So let's get the focus back to where it needs to be with the King of Rocks & Blunts. :)

I completely agree.

I do not think Janet should say anything about what Bobby said. I do not see how a suppose comment that Janet said to Bobby would mean anything. I mean, please. There is something not right with Bobby and he says all sorts of things. If the family said that comment, which I do not think they did, who cares? If they did not, who cares? No one really pay attention to Bobby like that anyway. If anything, people will be more interested in what Bobby has to say about Whitney than anything else.

BTW, Jay Leno can kiss my rear. I do not have to thank him for anything. I would be thankful when he is gone and has disappeared from TV.

the only people Janet dated were the guys she married and that is what she said in an interview once before.

the only people Janet dated were the guys she married and that is what she said in an interview once before.
Just because someone says something doesn't mean it's true. Janet always said that she wasn't married (to Rene'), didn't she? She only admitted it after the divorce.

Last edited:
It's April 10th and I personally have not heard about it ANYWHERE else aside from in here..

SO!!!!!!

I'm standing by my word that it does not matter.. and it's not going to be a big deal..

I do believe Janet dated Bobby at one time, even while she was married. I don't believe the comment he made though about her family not supporting her having a relationship with a Black man. Um, James Debarge is black and so is Jermaine Dupri. And you don't get more ghetto than JD so what does that say. lol

I do believe Janet dated Bobby at one time, even while she was married. I don't believe the comment he made though about her family not supporting her having a relationship with a Black man. Um, James Debarge is black and so is Jermaine Dupri. And you don't get more ghetto than JD so what does that say. lol
But she eloped with James, you don't need approval for that.

Back