Both Janet and Michael make 'Worst Videos of All Time' list

MsCassieMollie

Proud Member
http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/videogaga/64353/real-turkeys-the-wors t-videos-of-all-time/

JANET JACKSON - "JUST A LITTLE WHILE"
After Janet's Super Bowl "wardrobe malfunction" scandal, the stakes were high when she released her next album, Damita Jo. She needed a comeback, and she needed it bad. The logical strategy would be for her make an amazing video, which didn't seem like it'd be so hard for her to pull off--after all, this was the woman behind such iconic MTV classics as "Rhythm Nation" and "Pleasure Principle." But instead Janet came up with this hot mess, in which she seemed to be wearing horrifically unflattering cast-off costumes from Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert and dancing more like Tito Jackson than the Janet Jackson we all once knew and loved. Her label at the time, Virgin Records, panicked and pulled the plug on this video's promotion on the eve of its U.S. premiere, and then only allowed it to be broadcast overseas...where apparently music-video standards are a lot lower:

MICHAEL JACKSON - "YOU ROCK MY WORLD"
No disprect to the late, great MJ, of course. The King Of Pop made dozens of amazing, groundbreaking videos during his illustrious career. This, however, was not one of them. In 2001, Michael released his inaptly titled Invincible album and its first single, the video for which was a massive allstar affair featuring comedian Chris Tucker and Marlon Brando. Yes, THE Marlon Brando. Brando was apparently paid a fortune (a rumored cool million) to utter one line: "Now?" Yup, that's all they wrote for him. It's sad that this was one of Brando's final acting roles (not to mention one of Michael's final music videos), but Brando's nanosecond-long cameo still turned out to be the most interesting moment in this truly underwhelming clip:

EDDIE MURPHY & MICHAEL JACKSON - "WHATZUPWITU"
Howe bizarre that Michael Jackson, arguably the greatest music video visionary ever, ended up on this list twice? But hey, not every video can be "Thriller" or "Billie Jean." Anyhoo, in the past, moonlighting singer Eddie Murphy enlisted some truly talented musicians to help him launch his music career. He recruited Rick James to collaborate on "Party All The Time," for instance. That didn't go so well. Then he convinced Jackson (because apparently the "New King Of Pop," MC Hammer, wasn't available) for this mess--and the result was even worse. What is up with this?:

Are you kidding me? I thought "You Rock My World" was fantastic. Janet's video is not even that bad sure it's no "Rhythm Nation" but still. I can understand why "Whatzupwitu" is on that list but I thought it was a cute video.

WHAT?!
You Rock My World & Whatzupwitu are excellent videos!
Oh, and Marlon Brando says more that just 'Now?' so the person who wrote that has got it wrong.

The writer of this list "Look everyone I'm putting Michael in a list he doesn't deserve to get attention."

Worst Videos of all Time? Give me a break.

And whose blog is this? Anybody can write a blog, including this idiot. Does not mean they should be taken seriously.

Last edited:
never saw janet's video. I understand why whatxupwitu is on the list. That is one video he should not have made. However You rock my world? It should have won video of the year award for crying out loud.

Whatzupwitu sucks song and video and deserves to be on such list, but You Rock My World can never be on such list. Granted, it is not one of Michael's best videos, but not THAT bad. I don't like it because Michael didn't introduce anything different in it. No new concepts or ideas were presented in the You Rock My World video. Its inclusion in such list is laughable anyhow because it is nowhere near such low levels and you can find tens or hundreds of far far worse videos to include.

so i'm supposed to take seriously, somebody who looks down their nose at audiences outside of the USA, and says 'no disrespect' to Michael and then disrespects him?
anyway, i love yrmw and wuwy

what tha hell? YRMW is a fantastic video!

MsCassieMollie: Love your siggy :) where is it from?

What is wrong with YRMW? :unsure: It wasn't MJ's best, but it was a whole lot better than most videos put out this past decade. At least the video was somewhat related to the song. If there's anything I dislike about music videos it's when they just don't make sense. Take Telephone by Lady Gaga & Beyonce for example. The song is about not being able to answer the phone cause you're dancing in a club. The video is LG wearing some outragious costumes in prison and going on a killing spree with Beyonce. Add to that the constant product placement and you have one of the "Worst Videos Of All Time" imo. And I can think of some more deserving candidates rather than MJ to be on that list.

Unfortunately, MJ has set the standard so high for himself that people are ready to jump on him as soon as he falls slightly below their expectations. Sure, as the writer says, YRMW was no Thriller or Billie Jean but that doesn't mean it's not better than most other videos out there. For him to be on any "worst video" list is a joke. Apart from Whatzupwitu but that wasn't a "Michael Jackson" video, he just did his friend Eddie a favour like many great artists at the time and featured on his song. I think it's kinda funny after seeing it a couple of times, but I can see why people don't like it.

WTF? this persons got rocks in their head man YRMW is awesome i love it! not to mention mjs dancing is awesome and the choreography is great! this annoys me just because its not Thriller some idiot has to say that its crap :/
oh and MsCassieMollie, i love ur siggy too hes so cute!!

LMFAO... im sorry but im sure alot of rap videos are far worst than yrmw
plus yrmw was great and funny

:wtf: I love You rock my world... not his best? Possibly, but still really good!

They picked the You Rock My World video over the one for Liberian Girl?

You Rock My World!? Are they crazy? Have they SEEN the videos out these days?

They'll find any way to put Michael down, I swear.

Why do we have to listen to other people? "You Rock My World" MV is awesome. And that Brando was paid much money for little talking has nothing to do with the quality of the MV whatsoever. If one opens mouth to criticize something, he/she had better know enough to give some damn detailed analysis why it is considered bad/worst but not otherwise.

what about Katy Perry's 'California Girls'? what a stupid video...My gawd, NO ONE makes great videos anymore....it's like they've gone back to the abstract style before Michael changed all that.....But whatever, if people wanna enjoy the boring videos nowadays, with dancing hoez and no real entertainment at all...they can go ahead...Imma be enjoying my Vision DVD with the greatest videos EVER made...I'm set for life, baby!

Why do we have to listen to other people? "You Rock My World" MV is awesome. And that Brando was paid much money for little talking has nothing to do with the quality of the MV whatsoever. If one opens mouth to criticize something, he/she had better know enough to give some damn detailed analysis why it is considered bad/worst but not otherwise.

Very well-said!

This person who wrote that review obviously hasnt got a brain in their head cuz "you rock my world" is one of the best mj film clips ever!

And yes i have to agree with u arklove bout katy perry's "california girls" video, its so tacky

Who cares about that??? We wouldn’t have music videos or black artists or a black President in US without MJ anyway so for me there is nothing to say about it. It’s just laughable …. And I don’t think Miko Brando or his father Marlon Brando was paid for being in the video. Miko's own daughter, Prudence, was Michael Jackson's Goddaughter. He was his best friend and his bestman. It’s probably just rumors like everything else about MJ. Michael Love you To Eternity, and Beyond!!!¸„ø¤º°¨ ♥

Whatzupwitu is shit, so no surprise there, I was expecting to see YANA, coz that video sucks ass.

lol wuwy aint even Michael's song so how could it be Michaels video? and the people who make these lists are talentless losers so their pov means nothing to me.

Back