"Breaking News" All General Discussion Here [Merged]

What do You Think Now???

• Now im Sure Its Michael!!!

Votes: 89 21.4%
  • I Still Think its Not him!!!

Votes: 223 53.7%
  • I now think that its Michael, but still have my doubts!!

Votes: 24 5.8%
  • Im Confused!!!!

Votes: 79 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "Breaking News" Fake Song Talk Here Including Poll

I've listened to it a couple more times and I keep hearing for any shreds of anything that could possibly prove its real but I'm sorry, I just can't. There is no soul in there, no feeling, the annunciation of words, I just don't feel its Michael and I've been listening to Michael for over twenty years. Who knows why Sony did this-to test the water, see if they could get away with it, who knows. But I feel like I've been taken for a ride personally.

Re: "Breaking News" General Discussion Here

Right, we need a statement.

Or an update from Gaz, Smooth or someone.

We are just going in circles.

^^ Yeah... i believe the same thing..

When they gave us 'This is it', as a fan, i almost immediately could place the vocals @ early 80`s Michael.... his voice hasn`t aged here with 'Breaking News', it`s just different.

If it was purely computerized, like 'Ke$ha' for instance, we would still recognize his pronunciation and accent..

I don't understand why certain fans are getting upset with those who believe the vocals to be falsified. We all want nothing more than this song to be 100% authentic King of Pop BUT my ears along with many other ears around the world are alarmed by what they are hearing. I do want to believe that this is MJ, but the problem is that I have listened to him for so many years and this comes off as MJ Karaoke. This sounds like someone who is a talented impersonator but like all impersonators, can't nail it exactly. There's only one Michael Jackson and I'm not sure that's who we are hearing. No one should be condemned for feeling how they do. If you believe, fine, but if you don't that is also fine. I don't really know what to believe anymore. I really don't. It's hard to believe it's fake because no one really has a reason to do such a thing or anything to gain. Really, it would be the opposite. There are so many who say it's the real deal. However, my ears keep screaming to my brain that this isn't the man I love and adore. I can't help it.

[edit: omg that was a coincidence, you just posted that!! ^ i copied and pasted from his tweets]

So, this is what Teddy said:

www.twitter.com/TeddyRiley1 (yes this is 100% his real Twitter account)

This is for everyone that wanna point fingers...you asked me questions I gave my answer in what I can disclose. Here's my quote and forever whoever don't believe me, **** you!!!! I was called on this project by the estate, Sony, and the family co signed it. These songs are created by the Cascios. I did not write the Songs, I was called in to mix and finish what I was given, Without compensation only cause of Michael. Only cause of Michael and the jackson family, who felt I should be on the project, cause of my relationship with Michael. All of the producer that worked on this project got paid before they worked. At the last minute of working on this project these issue about MJ vocals not being real came into par. The vocal yes I feel they are MJ vox...they are very processed. The vocals I was given to me from the Cascios was all I had to work with. I can't and no one can prove anything but MJ. I've worked with MJ 4 times...we spent 1 yr 2, months together working on dangerous, 6 months on history, 2 months on Adam family, 6-8 months on invincible...all of these projects in the pass 20 yrs. Michael is not hear to voice himself and let you know the truth. I asked the company to bring in everyone..professionals, friends, family, and the people who worked with Michael many year and before me. Everyone said it is Michael except the family who says its not because there's no proof. All I'm gonna say here is that I believe its MJ. The truth of this of it all no one knows be MJ and god knows. I have nothing more to say and I can't prove anything...I did not originally produce his vocals nor these songs. I remix, made the tracks different from what they had which would have been unacceptable. I've answered all that I can answer for MJ fan. The Cascios have a tweeter page...they have your answers. If you don't have anything pleasant to ask or talk about don't hit me page. In fact, don't follow me...I've been very nice...I apologize to MJ fan for not having the answers. Blessing to you all.

@jacksonson777 NO ONE GAINS OR LOSE FROM THIS BUT THE FAMILY, SONY, AND THE ESTATE. SO WHAT CAN I SAVE? REALLY

@jacksonson777 SAVE MY ASS??? FOR WHAT? BE SERIOUS...I'M PUTTING THE ARROW IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. IT REALLY DOESN'T MATTER WHAT I SAY.

Darkchild: It doesnt sound like him to me.

http://twitter.com/only1darkchild

:bugeyed

Yes, it will get very ugly! :ph34r:

SONy must know that many people are not comfortable with this song
and that our conclusion is that this is not Michael

Kirshach would you mind making a thread asking the community what they think of the high pitched version so that everyone has a look? Like a poll. I am amazed by your discovery, how different it is

I'd honestly rather not have a new album at this point. This whole situation is just going to be too painful. We don't know what's going on and we don't know who to trust.

The One.;3058857 said:
Teddy says yes, Darkchild says no. Who the hell am I supposed to believe???

Teddy I say because based on the instrumental parts of Breaking News, he knows for sure how to conceive the melody of the song. Darkchild on the other hand did, with the exceptions of songs like Heartbreaker, YRMW, We´ve Had Enough and possibly Unbreakable, have no taste of creating the right melody in his tracks with Michael. Privacy, far from great stab-in-the-media-track like Leave Me Alone, Why you wanna trip on me and Tabloid Junkie and no rock classic like Beat It and Dirty Diana. Threatened, far from a Thriller. Invincible, no way a good title track as Off The Wall, Bad or Blood on the Dance Floor.

I think (my humble opinion)... Teddy is full of shit. I will buy the album MICHAEL and I think that every fan HAS TO buy it but I am really disappointed about all this. This Teddy's interview upset me so much so this will be my last post here. He is talking about conspiracy from John McClain and Sony against fans and Michael's Legacy but what he gave us was fake Breaking News. I am starting to think that maybe it's not John McClain the bad guy here.. I would really like to hear LNFSG that he did and than decide who has done better job. We must unite and demand an official explaination from Sony and Estate about whole this mess. It is not tabloid storys anymore, it is Theodore "Teddy" Riley himself who confirmed that RF articles about war between Sony and John McClain is real. Something is wrong here and we fans have to do something.

Gaz please react and tell us what to do.. smooth_criminal05, eleonora, MKgenie, Damien any inside information??

That is it from me..

What did Teddy say?

The newly leaked "Do you know were your children are" is 100 times better then
this breaking news thing. make that 1000 times better

When was this recorded?

I don't know why some fans are saying it's not going to be on the album.

It clearly states in the press release:

“Breaking News,” a never heard before song by Michael that appears on the new album was recorded in New Jersey in 2007 and recently brought to completion."

I've listened to it a couple more times and I keep hearing for any shreds of anything that could possibly prove its real but I'm sorry, I just can't. There is no soul in there, no feeling, the annunciation of words, I just don't feel its Michael and I've been listening to Michael for over twenty years. Who knows why Sony did this-to test the water, see if they could get away with it, who knows. But I feel like I've been taken for a ride personally.

I second that. I voted not sure, because I am really confused. I try to understand all that encompasses the situation and nothing really makes sense. There are plenty of MJ tracks out there to release and so it wouldn't make sense to try and pass off a fake. Why would they purposely try to ruin something they have so much money invested in? It really doesn't make sense. However, at the same time I can't convince myself that it is all 100% MJ. So frustrating!

To me the issue really isn't fake vs. authentic. This song is not a fake MJ song for there is some MJ vocals. The issue is that Sony and/or the Estate are willing to go that far to get an imposer or use computer to "fill in the gap" to turn an original unreleasable demo to a fininished track.

If they advertize this song as a Michael Jackson demo, then I'd feel better. Becasue I know what to expect. But, what they are doing now is borderline cheating. It kills integrity of the project. When I buy a Michael Jackson product, I always get high quality material. Everything from the Jackson Five albums to This Is It stand for quality. Quality should be what the Estate of Michael Jackson stands for.

Will I buy the album? Yes, becasue I still hope there are genuine Michael Jackson songs in the album. But, this whole "Breaking News" fiasco is affecting my confidence in all future projects.

I'm diasppointed at Teddy Riley. As a highly talented producer himself, he should have told Sony and/or the Estate that Breaking News should not be released. Isn't it a producer's job to help the artist to select appropriate material to be included in the album? He not only allowed this to happen, but also helped making it. WHY?????

Breaking News is just not strong enough to be marketed as a Michael Jackson song. I'm not insulting Michael's vocal. I'm talking about the whole production of the song. It really can't hold up to Michael's standard.

john13th;3058966 said:
Teddy I say because based on the instrumental parts of Breaking News, he knows for sure how to conceive the melody of the song. Darkchild on the other hand did, with the exceptions of songs like Heartbreaker, YRMW, We´ve Had Enough and possibly Unbreakable, have no taste of creating the right melody in his tracks with Michael. Privacy, far from great stab-in-the-media-track like Leave Me Alone, Why you wanna trip on me and Tabloid Junkie and no rock classic like Beat It and Dirty Diana. Threatened, far from a Thriller. Invincible, no way a good title track as Off The Wall, Bad or Blood on the Dance Floor.

What does that have to with this situation? That's nonsense.

And Rodney Jerkins is a fine producer in his own right.

Guys if a machine can completly change your voice how can we say its defo not him???
Its defo him in parts
I no its sounds stupid but just because it dont sound like him doesnt mean it isnt???
I think it all depends what the rest of the cascio tracks are like
I think any one who isnt buying the album is a fool.

If they took Breaking News out then i'd be fine with it.

It seems to me like they put Breaking News out to see how we reacted to it. . . .to see if we bought it or not. The majority of us with fully functional ears have not bought it.

I don't know how many times I have to ask you people to stop with these low blow attacks. Is it that I am not understood? Stop putting down other fans who think it is MJ. God some of you are so juvenile. You can't formulate a response without putting someone else down.

It is fine for everyone to have their own opiniions. You are not less of a fan or deaf or stupid or something like that if you think it is him.

People are doing this again again in their posts. This stops now. Can everybody understand this now?

Thank you for giving your time and effort to investigate and help us realize what is happenin.After another play - sounding little different.. on couple of moments unnatural because of the high pitch, but I still hear that its imitator. And it helps at the end to hear the MJ parts more clearly.

I still think its michael! And i really don't care what u think of that. I been a fan for 24 years, listening to michael daily, and i am also a musician and singer, so work with music daily also. And i believe its him. So call me what u like, i really don't care.

Jesus CHRIST this is confusing.

I don't think I'm the only one here who hasn't a clue as to who to believe in this whole mess

I'm 50/50 myself and I've been listening MJ non stop since 1991. But what can I do?

Either way, if this is fake or real, Sony have all the fault.

If it's real, they mixed it up until make it fake.
If it's fake, someone should sue them or we should do something about it.

God, I wanna hear those Invincible outtakes so bad since they will not appear on this album I guess

I still think its him till proven otherwise. There are parts of that track which can't be impersonated and I don't believe Michael recorded only parts of the song, why would he do that? Thats stupid.

Corey Rooney posted on FB that it's definitely NOT Michael's voice!!!
He is a ex SONY executive that did that great 2 hour interview about MJ

I assume it's this message he posted on FB?

"I can't believe they released a Michael Jackson single that's not really him!!!!!! Trust me people!!!!!!!!!

I sat in a session where we solo'd the vocals and it was just someone set up to sound like him and the only parts that really sounded like him were samples from older records of his. There was nothing that was consistent with any of his pre...vious recordings as far as vocal control or just plain habits. Last but not least when we asked if there were any out takes or alternate tracks they said that they were erased because they needed to make room on the hard drive!!! Who does that??? Tell me who would erase anything with Michael Jackson's voice? It is sad!!"

Is it only the Cascio tracks which are questionable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back