"Breaking News" All General Discussion Here [Merged]

What do You Think Now???

• Now im Sure Its Michael!!!

Votes: 89 21.4%
  • I Still Think its Not him!!!

Votes: 223 53.7%
  • I now think that its Michael, but still have my doubts!!

Votes: 24 5.8%
  • Im Confused!!!!

Votes: 79 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "Breaking News" General Discussion Here

Kirshach would you mind making a thread asking the community what they think of the high pitched version so that everyone has a look? Like a poll. I am amazed by your discovery, how different it is

Um.. I'm in doubt whether it's really different or not. My brain is about explode so I'd better go to sleep. Morning is wiser then evening as a saying goes :/
But if you really think that the pitched-up version needs to be shared - do whatever you want with it :)

OHhhh so you guys are saying that some parts are MJ and some parts arent? Thats really disturbing (cuz wow, all the songs in MJ's vault, they can't get a completely 100% MJ song???)...but its plausible.

And I have to agree with someone else said, its not up to MJ's standards of production. Thats why I'm not *too* head over heels about this album because I know that's just gonna be the case.

(is geeking all late over the "MJ" version of Can't be Good...Janet in lower pitch LOL )

Re: BREAKING NEWS Countdown and Reactions thread! All discussion in here. [Merged]

Have you guys heard the snippet of Do You Know Where You're Children Are? That sounds exactly like MJ singing, no question. But with BN, you just don't get that sense at all. I listened to it many times and the background vocals sound real to me (the hoos etc) but the main vocal sounds really off. But then again, Privacy, Shout and 2000 Watts didn't sound like him either, but they were him. Could it be that he chose to digitalise his vocals and therefore, it sounds different?

But then again, Michael would never sing him own name like that surely? I'm just totally confused!!!

Yep, I was thinking the same thing... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSDQOWTkCcY

Thank you for giving your time and effort to investigate and help us realize what is happenin.After another play - sounding little different.. on couple of moments unnatural because of the high pitch, but I still hear that its imitator. And it helps at the end to hear the MJ parts more clearly.

As you may recall we both have been here almost all day writing it is not him at BN. By giving this link I am not trying to persuade anybody, but I think they should be given a chance to listen to that. Helps you hear the vocals from a different perspective, and as I said got more parts now to resemble the real thing, for instance it is now with this version that I hear the lower voices of the chorus resembling Michael's voice (which I couldn't notice with the original version)

And you know what this is just a quick pitch editing Kirshach did and look at the transformation. What if it is 3,2 % instead of 3? All I say is maybe this is a mistake Sony did with the vocals and also a factor that adds up to the conclusion that this is not real Michael

can anybody react on my post? If it comes out in a month, michael, the album, then is must be produced yet to get selled. Thousend versions must have been made it takes a while.

so then the tracklist must been done. the songs that are on, are one,

right?

As you may recall we both have been here almost all day writing it is not him at BN. By giving this link I am not trying to persuade anybody, but I think they should be given a chance to listen to that. Helps you hear the vocals from a different perspective, and as I said got more parts now to resemble the real thing, for instance it is now with this version that I hear the lower voices of the chorus resembling Michael's voice (which I couldn't notice with the original version)

And you know what this is just a quick pitch editing Kirshach did and look at the transformation. What if it is 3,2 % instead of 3? All I say is maybe this is a mistake Sony did with the vocals and also a factor that adds up to the conclusion that this is not real Michael

I totally agree with this.The whole song is a mess.

I don't know how many times I have to ask you people to stop with these low blow attacks. Is it that I am not understood? Stop putting down other fans who think it is MJ. God some of you are so juvenile. You can't formulate a response without putting someone else down.

It is fine for everyone to have their own opiniions. You are not less of a fan or deaf or stupid or something like that if you think it is him.

People are doing this again again in their posts. This stops now. Can everybody understand this now?

You cant possibly blame us after all that has gone down in the past few days, you cant expect everything to be perfect here. Far from it! We are all going to be a little bit irrational until something is done about this.

I'm pretty sure calling us Juvenile is putting us down btw.....

Last edited:

OMG...Just heard the song aand to me it is NOT Michael at all.

The way Michael sings is unique and noone can imitate his voice.

When Michael sings,my heart beats like 100000000 per second.The feelings he puts,the emotions,...
Well,listening to this song i didn't feel anything besides a deep sadness.

tHIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON!!! And Idc what anybody thinks. This is MJ! I've been a fan for over 20 years, and his voice has changed through the years we all know that.

This was supposed to have been recorded in 2007. He sounded perfect on Hold My Hand in 2008, and then again he was perfectly recognizable and sounded great on This is It in 2009.

The 'his voice has changed through the years' explanation has been put down so many times.

Its simply not him.

I'm 50/50 myself and I've been listening MJ non stop since 1991. But what can I do?

Either way, if this is fake or real, Sony have all the fault.

If it's real, they mixed it up until make it fake.
If it's fake, someone should sue them or we should do something about it.

Honestly that's what I think - for me it's like the too much photoshopped pictures from Arno Bani :doh: - They want to do the best and they get the worst !

Re: "Breaking News" Fake Song Talk Here Including Poll

the first line of the song is 'everybody's wanting a piece of michael jackson'

michael's sung MANY personal songs, and NONE of them has him singing his own name.

now thats just the first line of the song. don't even get me started with everything else.

Guys if a machine can completly change your voice how can we say its defo not him???
Its defo him in parts
I no its sounds stupid but just because it dont sound like him doesnt mean it isnt???
I think it all depends what the rest of the cascio tracks are like
I think any one who isnt buying the album is a fool.

I don't quite comprehend the argument some of you are using that his voice changed over the years, and this is why we should believe it's him. Yes his voice changed, but this was in '07. This Is It, the film, came out last year, compare the vocals on Breaking News, to the live vocals of Human Nature, or IJCSLY from the film. They're not the same, and this was a 50 year old man singing those two songs, and despite a little growth and growl in his voice, he still sung as if he was 25. We're all confused here, but the thought of "his voice changed, he was older" can easily be disputed by watching This Is It.

for me 1-2mins is bit different sounding mj voice the rest is nearly okay i think ;)

anyway still love the song and i am still very sure this is michael :)

Frank Cascio just posted this
Francesco Cascio: Sadly to say its Not Sony In this case. "Breaking News" is a great song. The mix on the version that you heard is not correct, that being said, It is 100% Michael voice. He recorded it in my home in NJ in 2007. Please, the fans should be enjoying this special moment as It is special!!! There are people out there trying to take that away from you " The Fans " and the world... "Jealousy" Please embrace this song as Michael was very proud of it.. I hope this find you Well. thank you for supporting MJ all these years. He loved all of his Fans from the bottom of his heart, you were his extended Family and what kept him going. Please read between the lines in this situation. All my love, Frank

You cant possibly blame us after all that has gone down in the past few days, you cant expect everything to be perfect here. Far from it! We are all going to be a little bit irrational until something is done about this.

I'm pretty sure calling us Juvenile is putting us down btw.....

It is a fact. Firstly, we asked for this to stop numerous times. It has been ignored.
Secondly we are not asking for things to be perfect. We are just asking for respect for your fellow members. Hard times do not negate being responsible.
And yes, if you have to put down someone else to prove your point, then you are acting in a juvenile manner.

So, I'm asking you guys to stop it.

this complete mess, im not sure what to think yet. I know it doesnt hear like the MJ we know, but TR being so sure its real... the thing we hear may be a product of heavy HEAVY edition...
Im hearing it right now and parts still sound like him and parts no, like I said before i dont care anymore if its him or not, the seed of the doubt is planted SO THIS SONG IS NOT VALID ANYMORE... too bad cause i really like the song
edit: maybe people who still thinks it can be him, me included, think so cause i cant accept the idea of a ''MJ'' track not singed by MJ himself

Re: "Breaking News" Fake Song Talk Here Including Poll

This song is absolutely not Michael.

I've been listening to the 20 second snippet of "Do You Know Where Your Children Are" on repeat instead. Says a lot...

....i hope we won´t see a Michael double in the One more chance video that will be available on the Vision DVD......:smilerolleyes:

Teddy Riley never said he was was really sure it was MJ. He basically said he was given these vocals to work with and that he was told they were MJ's and had been analyzed by experts.

I dont really believe they were analyzed by experts, because if they were the experts would have come to the conclusion that its not MJ, because it isnt.

I can because I believe its him as well. I think most of the questioning going on wouldn't even be there if it wasn't first suggested by people who the fans believe in that its not him.

I agree!!! I think these fans have been listening to all this crap and they fall for it. His voice has changed - more mature- that's it. But it is him! It is an amazing song period, and if these fans that feel its fake don't want to buy this incredible album then that is their problem. I know the rest of the world will, and I certainly will buy several copies!!!

This is ridiculous - I wonder if noone would have brought up that it might not be MJ, if the fans would have reacted this way or they would have enjoyed it like I have been enjoying it!!

I've listened to this song many times throughout the day and I simply cannot put Michael's voice to it no matter how hard I try. Nothing about it is 'Michael' to me. There's no emotion, no depth, the melody and composition seems severely lacking... I can't find much similarity between the voice on this track and any that Michael recorded through 2008 with Hold My Hand. To be honest, it sounds like an outtake from a run-of-the-mill male pop artist, not Michael.

Sony claims it was "recorded in New Jersey in 2007 and recently brought to completion." I feel the last bit of that quote is key. Did Michael actually finish recording it, or how much did he complete? Did someone else "fill-in" the blanks? How extensively was it edited, and what does the original pre-edit version sound like? Of all the incredible unreleased tracks we've heard (including the leaked snippets of Another Day / Place with No Name) it bothers me that this is what Sony decides to push out as the first new song.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back