Came back thinking i was ready...

most celebrities would never dare to even mention his name after 2003........

I know its like when 2003/2005 happened it was "not cool" to talk bout mj at all and now that hes gone, it likes "cool" for celebrites to talk like they care bout him. even though they didnt show support for mj during the trial- it angers me

Hmmm, i'm late to this conversation and just want to say that IMO, we aren't dying as a community. It's just the recent uproar with the cascio rubbish has divided us.
Having separate threads for 'cascio' song doubters and believers for example have forced fans to separate. It kind of seems like teams, and it frustrates me. We used to be one big family, but now I feel quite scared to post something incase I get my head bit off.

I may sound like i'm contradicting myself, I'm not. The community is there, but just at the moment, with current situations ('Michael' album), we have divided. :(

Just my view, and i respect everyone else's views.

I think if it hadn´t been the Cascio songs it had been something else.
Michael was killed and that´s what it´s all about.He was going to have a big success with This is it,fans would be screaming out their love for him in his concerts and he deserved to see it.
He had still dreams about things he wanted to do and everything was taken away from him.
We are sad,angry,upset and there is nothing we can do about it.
Almost 2 years isn´t really a long time and some of us need more time to heal as much as we can.
Men and women,old and young,black and white have so many things in common and I think we will honor Michael in the future in this community.

You can't blame people for being angry..............and I'll give 4 reasons........

1.) Murder.....need I say more........the upcoming trial might also further reduce traffic to MJ websites because it upsets people and some will just want to get away from it.....

2.) Milking MJ fans.....The Jackson Family, few of Michael's "friends"..........real family/friends don't sell out loved ones for cash...............The estate aren't much better..........the amount of MJ merchandise that has been released since 25/06/09 is ridiculous.........

3.) Complete Stupidity.........that is the decision to release Cascio songs.........and then refuse cough up any of their evidence that "proves" their authenticity............thus greatly reducing the sales of Michael's new album.........and to make matters worse.......the album got almost no promotion........

4.) The Jackson Family..........Just look at the "2300 Jackson Street" forum......even the Estate is getting pissed off when they use Michael's image to fill their pockets.....

And one more reason I personally get angry is that Michael got spat at and insulted by so many when he was alive.................and now he's dead, it's "cool" to be an MJ fan again..........most celebrities would never dare to even mention his name after 2003........

Very true.

The fan community will never die. If people have been here since the start and they're here right now, posting here at this very moment - or given timezones and whatnot - chances are they're here to stay. Plus Michael gained a few admirers in his passing and
Those songs should never divide us or even stop people being fans.

I have a feeling a new album will take a long time to come; but if it's good and it manages to include legit songs and legit B-sides on singles and actual decent videos, we might have a good future ahead of us.

They still have a chance to come up with the goods and by that, the goods don't mean suspicious and illegit vocal performances. I'd get Neff-U or Rodney Jerkins to produce the next album.

I like your positive view on things. I think yes like you say those 3 songs have divided us, but it should not break us- as MJ fans we are like Michael says "unbreakable."

I have a different view in regards to the estate and sony. I do very much enjoy the new album and all the songs in it. Like you I am looking forward to a new album, and I do believe that the estate and Sony after all this controversy are seriously taken the fans opinions to heart. Maybe in a way it wasn't bad that the fans complained so much, maybe it did wake them up. I don't want another controversy and I am sure they don't either. I think they will work long and hard to make sure every song passes the MJ fan snuff test if you know what I mean. There are plenty of great songs still in the vault I believe so there is much to look forward to.

The thing that always worries me is that we all have different expectations for singles and videos. We never seem to be satisfied with anything. We have to start realizing that the MAN is not here anymore and everything won't be as magical as when he was here. If we just treat everything that is coming as a gift then maybe we won't be as disappointed.

I think Rodney Jerkins would be a great producer for the next album, especially when there are more outtakes from Invincible he claims are gems. BTW Neffu produced KYHU so I don't know if he would be a good fit then if you don't believe those songs are Michael.

Michael's legacy has survived many many controversies and this is just another bump in the road that we will get through. MJJc will be around for generations to come!

MJ's death and the Michael album sure did a number on many in the fan community! I didn't buy the album for the three reasons that someone mentioned above! lol

But, I didn't shove it down anyone's throat despite having my opinion on it! And that's is the problem with some who had opinions both ways on the album! They did no how to respect each others opinions! SMH

MJ death is something that I will never get over or understand why it happened until we get the truth! Being online for me help's and to share my opinion on it even though that sometimes get crazy too with some who like to label MJ an addict!

Firstly I have not hijacked this thread. If all thhing were rosey and we were doing our best to celebrate Michael then I am pretty sure Dianne would be able to stay.

Instead the hate everywhere is destroying peoples enjoyment thus in time they will get fed up and leave.

Its the circle of life. Only we are making this happen. Or at least speeding it into over drive.

Gaz ... I must agree with you that negativity was destroying people's enjoyment here.

The whole over-reaction by a certain group of fans regarding tracks on MJ's new album that they felt were not Michael's, started it all. Many of us who were excited by Michael's new album were left feeling heartbroken all over again .... and I personally stopped coming here for a while to avoid the continual breaking down of this very beautiful album/gift to us.

I see "This is It" makes mention of those tracks once again here on this thread.

I watched where "This is It" and numerous others carried on and on and on negatively & relentlessly about it on another MJ fan board too. It just was not a pleasure anymore to visit these MJ Fan Clubs anymore. I felt they were crippling us with their continual complaints of an album that is really quite beautiful. It would have left Michael heartbroken too I feel to have witnessed it.

I trust they tire of complaining .... and leave us to continue enjoying the beauty and positivity of Michael in MJ Fan Clubs / HOMES like you have built for us here on MJJC.

We will survive Gary .... negativity should never get the better of us ... and Michael has a fan base like no other who will love him eternally.

To D.Electric ... many of us are still hurting and probably will forever .... but keep the faith & love for Michael burning. We're here for each other .... XX

Last edited:
^^^ I don't agree with you angel2. I think the whole mood was ruined by both sides, the people who attacked anyone with a different opinion. Don't say it's just us who weren't happy about the album.

Last edited:
Firstly, Gaz, Thankyou for replying to my thread... I appreciate that current events are very difficult for you. May I suggest a few things that may be contributing to the decrease in member traffic:
1) There are people like myself who deal with grief by simply dissociating themselves from anything related
2) There was a huge increase in new members in 2009... I can imagine a huge proportion of these joining were band wagon hoppers and have since lost interest
3) Conspiracy theory wackjobs dirtying the place up, leading to many getting fed up
4) A complete lack of respect for other members
5) DRAMA. Seriously, some of you need to chill out.

Secondly, Are you guys FOR REAL

My post was referring to the fact that I have found it very difficult to come to terms with the loss of someone I loved, even nearly two years on. At the time I sought comfort here and received it... however, I found to deal with my grief Ive had to turn away from anything and anyone associated with him. I like to think that late 2009-early 2010 I was atleast some support to some members here and wanted to aplogise for just dropping off the radar.

At no point, was I referring to conspiracy bull-ish. Do you know what? I couldnt give a CR*P about sony bull-ish, or estate stuff. I really couldnt care less about any of it. Do you know why? Because it doesnt matter. So what? To me, it looks You guys have become so consumed with your hatred against sony etc that you have forgotten your LOVE for everything else. So what if Sony have released a crap CD or someone else has sung on it? there is no proof, so what is ranting and raving and p1ssing other people off on forums going to do? I mean, FFS, you turned my post about grieving the loss of a great man into an argument about CRAP. I respect you feel passionatly about it... but keep it amongst yourselves, dont ruin everyone elses day. do something productive about it... Annoying people isnt going to get them to agree with you. And by this I DONT mean removing your freedom of speach... I mean show some respect for other people... How would you like it if pushed my way into your home and started spitting on your furniture because I disagree with the UN decision on Libya? Its the same damn thing - its destructive and counter-productive to your cause.

Ultimately, it wont be Michaels post 2009 music that becomes his legacy, its REALLY NOT. Its his love and his humanitarian efforts, and with that Its his community. Its YOU GUYS.

In ten years time, the world wont care about sh1tty sony releases. What they will care about is the difference his life made to this world. If you really want to protect his legacy, go volunteer at an orphanage, do something for charity, hug a stranger, raise your children right... Give your old clothes to oxfam! ANYTHING that exudes the spirit of Michael. Give up this aggressive and negative attitude towards everything michael related. Stop turning everything into an argument about 'fake' tracks. Stop HATING each other.

Lastly, if you get upset by other people's opinions on discussion forums, remember, It's the Internet, not ball cancer.

I LOVE the entirety of this post D.Electric .... you basically said EVERYTHING I feel too.

Thank you !!

Hugs to you .... because IMO you have been blessed with the knowledge of the true essence & worth of who Michael was and still is to us.

God bless ... XX

Michael's legacy is set. Nothing can and will destroy it. He survived the bs crap and ridicule thrown his way. Thriller is the best selling album of all time and I don't think that will be broken. Many of his albums are best selling albums and continue to do well. He changed the way music and videos were done. I think he is in the guiness book of records for most charitable celebrity or something like that. His biggest legacy of all are his children. You see him in each one of them.

Fans don't have to agree on everything. That is impossible. Just agree to disagree for the most part. We all love Michael and are adjusting to his passing in different ways. It's been almost 2 years and it still hurts. But I know that no one can take away everything he did and accomplished.

wow this is strange i read the 1 post, i read someone who is grieving and cant see pictures of michael and than there is gaz saying the forum is dying

Two different things right???? The first post had nothing to do with a negative forum only with michael himself???
Or did i read it wrong?? I read it twice

Firstly, Gaz, Thankyou for replying to my thread... I appreciate that current events are very difficult for you. May I suggest a few things that may be contributing to the decrease in member traffic:
1) There are people like myself who deal with grief by simply dissociating themselves from anything related
2) There was a huge increase in new members in 2009... I can imagine a huge proportion of these joining were band wagon hoppers and have since lost interest
3) Conspiracy theory wackjobs dirtying the place up, leading to many getting fed up

My post was referring to the fact that I have found it very difficult to come to terms with the loss of someone I loved, even nearly two years on. At the time I sought comfort here and received it... however, I found to deal with my grief Ive had to turn away from anything and anyone associated with him. I like to think that late 2009-early 2010 I was atleast some support to some members here and wanted to aplogise for just dropping off the radar.

At no point, was I referring to conspiracy bull-ish. Do you know what? I couldnt give a CR*P about sony bull-ish, or estate stuff. I really couldnt care less about any of it. Do you know why? Because it doesnt matter. So what? To me, it looks You guys have become so consumed with your hatred against sony etc that you have forgotten your LOVE for everything else. So what if Sony have released a crap CD or someone else has sung on it? there is no proof, so what is ranting and raving and p1ssing other people off on forums going to do? I mean, FFS, you turned my post about grieving the loss of a great man into an argument about CRAP. I respect you feel passionatly about it... but keep it amongst yourselves, dont ruin everyone elses day. do something productive about it... Annoying people isnt going to get them to agree with you. And by this I DONT mean removing your freedom of speach... I mean show some respect for other people... How would you like it if pushed my way into your home and started spitting on your furniture because I disagree with the UN decision on Libya? Its the same damn thing - its destructive and counter-productive to your cause.

Ultimately, it wont be Michaels post 2009 music that becomes his legacy, its REALLY NOT. Its his love and his humanitarian efforts, and with that Its his community. Its YOU GUYS.

In ten years time, the world wont care about sh1tty sony releases. What they will care about is the difference his life made to this world. If you really want to protect his legacy, go volunteer at an orphanage, do something for charity, hug a stranger, raise your children right... Give your old clothes to oxfam! ANYTHING that exudes the spirit of Michael. Give up this aggressive and negative attitude towards everything michael related. Stop turning everything into an argument about 'fake' tracks. Stop HATING each other.

Lastly, if you get upset by other people's opinions on discussion forums, remember, It's the Internet, not ball cancer.

Right thats what i thought, thats how i read it, i never thought you were speaking of something else see my post before.... i dont see why anybody can read it differently???
Common, is it that bad with some of us? that if someone is grieving we read negative and conspiracy??
Sorry D Electric, i was not one of them
Big hugs for your grieving and i can understand! Kiss

I agree. There is lots of hate now.. What is wrong with people!?? You can't even share your honest opinion without something reply with a bad comment. Even though if if my opinion is negative, and you're just honest. ;/!

I first realised it after the Michael album...

So true. you cant reply without someone bad comment, and most of the time its the same people too.. but.. here is the but
i dont get why we are posting about it here? its Deletrics post and that has nothing to do with this

Gaz I think you are not right by saying so. If you post to a thread with this kind of attitude what do you expect from simple members. The fan community is dying...hell no. Our love for Michael will always be here no matter what happens, our support, our admiration. Michael is was and will always be a part of our lives, of who we are and who we would like to be in some aspects of life.

What your are witnessing is the death of the Michael Jackson fan community.

I to share your concerns as I see we have dropped 50% member traffic in the last few months, and this is in the middle of album and single releases.

Dianne I am sorry to say but we are now at the beginning of the end.

Note to mods, Please do not move this - this echo's what i said in the staff room a few days ago.

This community will not die.

Gaz ... I must agree with you that negativity was destroying people's enjoyment here.

The whole over-reaction by a certain group of fans regarding tracks on MJ's new album that they felt were not Michael's, started it all. Many of us who were excited by Michael's new album were left feeling heartbroken all over again .... and I personally stopped coming here for a while to avoid the continual breaking down of this very beautiful album/gift to us.

I see "This is It" makes mention of those tracks once again here on this thread.

I watched where "This is It" and numerous others carried on and on and on negatively & relentlessly about it on another MJ fan board too. It just was not a pleasure anymore to visit these MJ Fan Clubs anymore. I felt they were crippling us with their continual complaints of an album that is really quite beautiful. It would have left Michael heartbroken too I feel to have witnessed it.

I trust they tire of complaining .... and leave us to continue enjoying the beauty and positivity of Michael in MJ Fan Clubs / HOMES like you have built for us here on MJJC.

We will survive Gary .... negativity should never get the better of us ... and Michael has a fan base like no other who will love him eternally.

To D.Electric ... many of us are still hurting and probably will forever .... but keep the faith & love for Michael burning. We're here for each other .... XX

I agree. Thank you for this post.

I agree. Thank you for this post.

Sorry but the rift was caused from the moment the Cascio sold those tracks to SONY. When BN was streamed, many people were outraged by the voice they heard, knowing that DYKWYCA and STTR and BG were left out for which no controversy ever occured. We cannot blame people for not recognizing MJ's voice on those tracks, can we?

DElectric- Hope you can come back and be with your extended Michael Jackson family again. We will welcome you with open arms. You are not alone. :better:

Hey Gaz, not to worry this community will not die. We are still healing. Fans have different ways to cope with this great loss. I can understand your frustration, but be patient we will make it through. Hopefully this trial will bring closure to many of us and we can move on with Michael as a united family. :better:

I think what Gaz was getting at with the "community is dying" comment was that this bad vibe & nastyness thats around isn't showing signs of going away and until that does go away then there will always be a division hence the fact that a community cannot continue as a single unit.

Sorry but the rift was caused from the moment the Cascio sold those tracks to SONY. When BN was streamed, many people were outraged by the voice they heard, knowing that DYKWYCA and STTR and BG were left out for which no controversy ever occured. We cannot blame people for not recognizing MJ's voice on those tracks, can we?

Completely agree....The fans should not be blamed in this instance :( People are just standing up for what they believe in...

Dannii, sending you much love and strength! :give_heart: :huggy: Take care!

And about the other thing... I've noticed myself I come here less and less and I think it's because all the negativity in all the threads. Yes, we're all still hurting. But it's up to us now... We can turn this into a positive thing by helping others. Let's make him proud... :heart:

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others, and if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama

So, Ive been away from MJJC quite a while. Ive been completly staying away from anything Mike related, trying to heal... It was working. I thought I was ready to come back here, get involved in some discussions.

I was totally wrong. After reading through a few posts, seeing pictures... I was dead wrong.

This is just a message to say Hi, and I hope youre all well. Im going to try and come back every now and again...but for me, life is just a hell of a lot easier if I just ignore everything.

Love to you all

xxx

I wish I could be like you and just ignore anything that is MJ related. I did try that more than quite a few times by either reading or playing video games. But those methods just totally failed for me. Bought a Nintendo Wii thinking that was the cure that I needed for my Depression. That was helping me get better until Dr. Death decided to plead not guilty. And that just put me right back in to my depression again. And I just totally given up on finding ways to cure my depression. I tried just about everything and nothing has help for me. There has only been 2 things that has help me to find some relief from depression and that is eating and sleeping. It is all that I want to do mostly anymore.:(

And Gaz I'm sure this site is not going away any time soon

I can completely understand what many members here say about "being away is better than stay here - too much hurt".
I´ve also ignored the communites for quite a few months. It helped me a little bit to carry on. To don´t remember the worst day of my life. But I also think that this place is good for the fans to be connected - I think Michael would have wanted that.
I really hope that this community will stay forever. Love ya all!!! ;)
Thanks all for your support. Let´s try to think positive - as hard as it is. Michael was also very strong - just remember the awful trial - he has survived. We have to fight to survive, too.

What your are witnessing is the death of the Michael Jackson fan community.

I to share your concerns as I see we have dropped 50% member traffic in the last few months, and this is in the middle of album and single releases.

Dianne I am sorry to say but we are now at the beginning of the end.

Note to mods, Please do not move this - this echo's what i said in the staff room a few days ago.

Gaz:

Im the living example of the opposite, I have been visiting this site from a long time and It was until a few months that i decided to join. Perhaps I am the exception but I really believe in this community, and I also like it a lot.

I think that the hard decissions you have taken with all the new album mess, have been the correct ones, at least you have taken decisions, which is something brave and right. We know other places and things are the same, or worst.

Legally, this site could be yours but there is some of us that morally we feel it as ours as yours or even more.

Anyway we thank you for sharing, and dont feel negative, lets have faith instead, begining of no end, you cant give up, we know is hard but you can count on us.

I think time is the key, things are going to be better as time goes by. I think the troubled tracks were in part an excuse for people to release their hurt about MJ fisical lost with fights and hate. Some others express their fury about MJ lost against sony and others involved in the new album (because they think they are not doing things right), and because they have not direct contact with them, they come here to the forum and fight whoever that does not think like them. Its kind of what happens with D.Electric but in a negative way. This is only my thinking I hope I dont hurt sensibilities.

So, Ive been away from MJJC quite a while. Ive been completly staying away from anything Mike related, trying to heal... It was working. I thought I was ready to come back here, get involved in some discussions.

I was totally wrong. After reading through a few posts, seeing pictures... I was dead wrong.

This is just a message to say Hi, and I hope youre all well. Im going to try and come back every now and again...but for me, life is just a hell of a lot easier if I just ignore everything.

Love to you all

xxx

Hi, D:Electric, we love you too. Yea I know its really hard, but thats the way life is. Keep on, time will help. Think that MJ is in a much, much better place now.

I hope you post more frecuently.

Regads.

Everyone has a right to their opinion and Gaz certainly is no fool for saying what he believes and has experienced. I don't like the thought, but I'm not going to write him off as some silly adolescent either. I believe Michael Jackson's fans can survive anything, and have. Trials, accusations, lies, manipulation, Cascio tracks... ain't nothin' and no one gonna steal our shine. MJ rises above it all and so do we. That's how we roll. ;)

Electrifying comback.

100% with you.

Back