Chicago is on Sony Music Unlimited, 30 second Snippet preview has been released.

Some instruments are just too loud in the combination with MJs vocals... the beginning sounds a little bit autotuned
but its a great track overall!

Thanks for the lyrics. I nearly havent understood nothing withou them :D

EDIT: Enjoyed the 2nd time much more, anyway the vocals dont sound raw some parts..

Not a fan of the production on this at all, but I love the vocal lines and LOVE that chorus. Can't wait to hear the original version.

Is there another link to the song on youtube? the link that was posted says the user removed the video. I'm so dieing to hear this song.

interesting that he doesn't use any 'hehee's or 'hoooh's.

Official Cover Art

Chicago_zpsf180f93c.jpg

Fantastic, I would of been extremely happy with this if Michael had brought this song out while he was alive as his comeback song.

I like the instrumental... It's simple and I think it fits the song's concept.

Makes me laugh that people are insinuating that autotune was used. There wasn't.

My god. INSTANTLY the man blows me away.

The song is called Chicago and the first line is 'I met her on my way to Chicago'......it just hits you instantly and it's sung brilliantly.....It's so simple yet so brilliant. Sometimes I hear or see Michael do something on youtube and it almost makes me cry, but it's not out of sadness as I used to do the exact same thing before he died. It's his talent. He was just SO talented.

Raving to everyone about this song, hope everyone else hear likes it just as much as me. Got to praise Timbaland as well, haven't heard the original yet so I can't tell exactly how much they have changed it but whatever they have done is brilliant.

My god. INSTANTLY the man blows me away.

The song is called Chicago and the first line is 'I met her on my way to Chicago'......it just hits you instantly and it's sung brilliantly.....It's so simple yet so brilliant. Sometimes I hear or see Michael do something on youtube and it almost makes me cry, but it's not out of sadness as I used to do the exact same thing before he died. It's his talent. He was just SO talented..

Haha, I know exactly what you mean, I'm the same.

Found a couple of d/l links if anyone is interested, Google is your friend. The one I found has a listen box, so you can just listen to the song instead of downloading, if that type of thing bothers you, if the Sony links provided aren't working, like it wasn't for me.

From the first verse to the chorus, I thought "THIS IS A HIT"...Timbaland really did an amazing job, now I feel like a douche for doubting him all this time. This song is REALLY FREAKING GOOD, though. The instrumental, the vocals, the bridge, everything is on point. Sooo looking forward to this album even more now, and hearing if Michael's original of "She Was Lovin' Me" is any similar to this.

EDIT: link deleted.

You can listen to the song here

Ps, no download link.. its just a stream.

Last edited:
Damn this song is DIRTY, some hoodrat shit right there ahahahah

The production reminds me alot of The Weeknd, which I think fits mikes voice and the song really well.

So beyond stoked for this album, these two songs stand up against the music Michael released when he was with us, and thats an amazing achievement, so glad Sony finally decided to seriously do something solid with the tracks left in the vault.

the intro could be longer
..after Listening-Session #20 :D

but they really did something with the voice, right?
I cant find a song where he sounds like that... its like a mix between heartbreaker and break of dawn in the smoother parts.. but not 100% untouched

anyway Chicago still grows in me :) I like it

but they really did something with the voice, right?
I cant find a song where he sounds like that... its like a mix between heartbreaker and break of dawn in the smoother parts.. but not 100% untouched

anyway Chicago still grows in me :) I like it

That voice is also in "Butterflies". And "Fall Again". That is MJ singing in his lower registers. And he sounds real good. :blush:

Everyone bow down to the King of Pop... This is the sort of song only Michael Jackson can pull off.

The ducks are cool too.

That voice is also in "Butterflies". And "Fall Again". That is MJ singing in his lower registers. And he sounds real good. :blush:

no dont think so
at first I really hoped it isnt Malachi but after a few seconds I knew its Michael but with a different Voice..
I like it anyways, also lyrically brilliant :)

YAYYYYY I finally go to hear the song and let me just say it's one of a kind. I absolutely LOVE the song. I am so very proud to be a michael jackson fan. so happy, so happy, so happy.lol.

Although it lacked that real POW factor I was initially expecting, I've grown to Love the song after the 10th + time listening to it. Very Urban...with a 90's feel to it. This song will be lapped up by the public and I feel it will appeal to non-MJ fans.

Back