Christian Members

Re: Any Believers in Jesus Christ Here?

Yesterday I got my driving permit and today is my 20th birthday yay! :)

I remember a quote from elvis which i like

"No matter what you do their will always be people who don't like you even if your perfect , im not saying im perfect no one is except Jesus Christ and people didn't like him ... they killed him"

hello hello my dear friend!!! I am I catholic, and yes I do believe with all my heart in our lord Jesus Christ. Jesus is the answer, Jesus is love. Amen. Love you

I remember a quote from elvis which i like

"No matter what you do their will always be people who don't like you even if your perfect , im not saying im perfect no one is except Jesus Christ and people didn't like him ... they killed him"

elvis was right when he said that...save what Jesus said, which was 'be ye perfect as i am perfect'

We walk by faith, NOT by sight.

truer words have never been spoken.

no two people see 'skinny' Michael Jackson as the exact same kind of skinny. and some see that same Michael as not that skinny, at all.

if people can't agree on what they see in front of them, no use in arguing about the evidence of things not seen.

vncwilliam, I agree. I was speaking about the Christian faith. I don't need to see Jesus to believe he exists. I know in my heart he exists, and plus the Bible tells me so. That's why Christian's say, "We walk by faith, not by sight." as we don't have to see him, we have the faith that he does exist.

vncwilliam, I agree. I was speaking about the Christian faith. I don't need to see Jesus to believe he exists. I know in my heart he exists, and plus the Bible tells me so. That's why Christian's say, "We walk by faith, not by sight." as we don't have to see him, we have the faith that he does exist.

Good post, earthy. I hope you're doing well.

yes..just as that Hebrews 11:1 scripture says, from which i took half.

Today, a 3rd grade boy who went to an elementary school here in the town where I go to college was playing basketball during gym class and he had a heart attack and died.
Please send prayers out to his family.

I was teaching 4th graders all this week. Today I played some MJ and talked about environment. And they of course asked me to do moonwalk. I did it. Or actually I did it many times this week. :D Great week but I have to go back to my own school next week. :(

Prays to the boy and his family. Sad story. :(

We've got to help Haiti as much we can.. its so so sad :( I donated the other day, there was an argument in my house about how much I donated but it is my own money and its for a very good cause. -- Pope activates world Catholic charities for HaitiWed Jan 13, 2010 4:56pm IST VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - Pope Benedict on Wednesday ordered that the Roman Catholic Church's extensive worldwide charity network be immediately activated to help the victims of the devastating earthquake in Haiti.Speaking at his weekly general audience, the pope also appealed to the international community and individuals to be quick and generous in their aid."The Catholic Church will immediately activate (its aid) through its charity institutions in order to respond to the most urgent needs of the population," he said.A major earthquake struck the capital of impoverished Haiti on Tuesday, flattening buildings and burying hundreds, possibly thousands, of people under the rubble, witnesses said.The Catholic Church has one of the world's largest and most capillary charity networks."I appeal to everyone's generosity, so that these brothers and sisters of ours who are living through a time of need and pain receive our concrete solidarity and the effective help of the international community," he said.Around 80 percent of Haiti's 10 million-strong population is Catholic and 16 percent Protestant. However, most Haitians also practice voodoo, a mixture of Christian and African beliefs.http://in.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idINIndia-45364720100113

Hello all.
Yes I will certainly pray for that boy and his family.

We're having my brother's birthday party tonight. He'll turn 21 tomorrow!!!
I thank God that he's my brother and I can't imagine my life without him. I love him so much! :)

Now, just to get back to school...:wub:

Hi just want to wish everyone a blessed and safe day :)

Bible Possibly Written Centuries Earlier, Text Suggests

Scientists have discovered the earliest known Hebrew writing — an inscription dating from the 10th century B.C., during the period of King David's reign.

The breakthrough could mean that portions of the Bible were written centuries earlier than previously thought. (The Bible's Old Testament is thought to have been first written down in an ancient form of Hebrew.)

Until now, many scholars have held that the Hebrew Bible originated in the 6th century B.C., because Hebrew writing was thought to stretch back no further. But the newly deciphered Hebrew text is about four centuries older, scientists announced this month.

"It indicates that the Kingdom of Israel already existed in the 10th century BCE and that at least some of the biblical texts were written hundreds of years before the dates presented in current research," said Gershon Galil, a professor of Biblical Studies at the University of Haifa in Israel, who deciphered the ancient text.

BCE stands for "before common era," and is equivalent to B.C., or before Christ.

The writing was discovered more than a year ago on a pottery shard dug up during excavations at Khirbet Qeiyafa, near Israel's Elah valley. The excavations were carried out by archaeologist Yosef Garfinkel of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. At first, scientists could not tell if the writing was Hebrew or some other local language.

Finally, Galil was able to decipher the text. He identified words particular to the Hebrew language and content specific to Hebrew culture to prove that the writing was, in fact, Hebrew.

"It uses verbs that were characteristic of Hebrew, such as asah ('did') and avad ('worked'), which were rarely used in other regional languages," Galil said. "Particular words that appear in the text, such as almanah ('widow') are specific to Hebrew and are written differently in other local languages."

The ancient text is written in ink on a trapezoid-shaped piece of pottery about 6 inches by 6.5 inches (15 cm by 16.5 cm). It appears to be a social statement about how people should treat slaves, widows and orphans. In English, it reads (by numbered line):

1' you shall not do [it], but worship the [Lord].
2' Judge the sla[ve] and the wid[ow] / Judge the orph[an]
3' [and] the stranger. [Pl]ead for the infant / plead for the po[or and]
4' the widow. Rehabilitate [the poor] at the hands of the king.
5' Protect the po[or and] the slave / [supp]ort the stranger.

The content, which has some missing letters, is similar to some Biblical scriptures, such as Isaiah 1:17, Psalms 72:3, and Exodus 23:3, but does not appear to be copied from any Biblical text.

http://www.livescience.com/history/earliest-hebrew-text-100115.html

I'm praying for the poor people in Haiti who need our prayers and help so desparately. Let's pray and do what we can, to show that we are Christians.

I'm praying for the poor people in Haiti who need our prayers and help so desparately. Let's pray and do what we can, to show that we are Christians.

Amen, Chelle. We gave what we could afford to give. It felt good to do so.

Not Christian...

Not religious...

I am spiritual...

but I believe in Christ...

along with all other "religious leaders"
like Buddha and Krishna.

Back