Christian Members

Re: Any Believers in Jesus Christ Here?

I love Jesus. I don't always know what I believe about him but I love him. I do believe he died so that our sins could be forgiven. I feel sad when I sin, knowing that it would hurt him so much. I love God the father too, and our Holy Spirit.

I don't want to judge or condemn anyone else who follows another religion, and I'm thankful that it's really not my job to. God made us all. We are all his children. None of us have the total truth and answer and knowledge..but we can have God's spirit to guide us at least.

It sometimes seems so simple, but can get so complicated. I wonder, is it us who complicated it, or is it really as complex as it seems. Like.. I don't want to judge or be against anyone.. but it doesn't say if you are for me, you have to be against everyone who isn't, does it? It just says if you are not for him, you are against him... but not in those words. So I guess I'm alright. But how about..um.. I was thinking of the passage about being lukewarm. But now that I've read it, it still seems fine that I don't make any judgments against others due to their religious choices. It's not up to me, it's God's job. [FONT=Georgia,Arial] Revelation 3:14-22 � And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
[/FONT]and so he is talking much of hypocrisy. No that I have to have an opinion on something.

Boy I really am in a mood to type every thought that comes to mind. I know that nobody said anything to do with what I'm typing. It's just me thinking out "loud".
[FONT=Georgia,Arial]
[/FONT]
:hugs: I love you A, you feel the same way I do about so many things and you express my feelings so well!! :giggle:

I so appreciate this thread! Its really right on time. Thank you and bless you for starting it ...!! and I love your user name!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one of my very favorite songs in the world, another one from MJ's heart that sometimes makes me feel I wrote it myself. Kind of like Ape, reading my heart and expressing it so much better than I sometimes feel I can, or hitting on so many more spiritu/emotio synapses ... did I spell that entire made up phrase correctly? :giggle:

ineeeooo

This thread makes me feel better. Its just simple plain old love for Jesus Christ. I like that :D :flowers: bless you bless you bless you my friend

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am glad you like my thread!!

God Bless you all!!

I have a question:

What do you do when you start questioning your faith? I do this often and I get really sad and doubtful. I do believe in Jesus but I doubt God quite often and I start thinking twice about the bible sometimes too...

I feel so comforted in my faith. Without it I don't know how I could have gotten by.

I can't go outside on a beautiful day, look up at the blue sky and clouds, see the waves on a beach, see the trees blowing in the wind, feel the sunlight on my skin- and feel that something divine wasnt behind it. We took God's creations and tried to decipher them, put our own names to it, and call it 'science'. I respect and am grateful for science (I'm a biology major!!! lol..and a religion minor!), but I know there is a God, and Jesus.
I cant support the fact that we were monkey's with animal instincts that changed to humans with free-will....that's just foolish to me.

I'm so happy I know what I know, and feel the way I feel :yes:
I love reading this post. I feel the same way. You said it very well! I sit in front of the window at work with a clear view to the open blue sky, peppered with tops of some of the most unique and individuated hi-rises and sky scrapers, both old and new, with a perfect frame of the greenest green trees, so lustrous and lush, and the sky is doing different things all at the same time, on one side blue as the royalest lightish blue, and on the other side greyish blue-grey, with clouds that differ in color and shape ... its fascinating .. one time we had a complete and absolutely perfect rainbow with every color in the scheme, which had a wonderfully high, complete curverture of an arch, that extended from one side of the entire city to the other. I've noticed that each rainbow I've seen in recent months have been at a moment when I had a complete, clear and perfect pan-view of the city.

He is the first-born of ALL CREATION!!! Praise the Lord Christ.

Hallelu-jah! Praise Jah!! All love and praises to the Holy Spirit.

The triune reality of God n Christ.

I am a liberal Christian. I believe others may have their own paths back home and honor and respect the Truth in all paths. I believe we can call God 'Father' or 'Krishna' or 'Buddha' etc and that He takes all calls from all faiths.

For me, on my path, I have been experiencing joy and commitment to Jesus. Actually Michael brought me back to Jesus after a long walk through Eastern thought. I cannot really find a church so far which thinks along these lines, so I worship at home.

I am a liberal Christian. I believe others may have their own paths back home and honor and respect the Truth in all paths. I believe we can call God 'Father' or 'Krishna' or 'Buddha' etc and that He takes all calls from all faiths.

For me, on my path, I have been experiencing joy and commitment to Jesus. Actually Michael brought me back to Jesus after a long walk through Eastern thought. I cannot really find a church so far which thinks along these lines, so I worship at home.

Hey Tink,

I worship at home too, as I find a church to have a lot of people talk about you and spread your business all over. That happened to me, and I never went back.

However, I don't call God Buddha. That's a whole other religion. I know Buddhists and they don't believe in Christ. They pray to Buddha.

HUGS!!

I have a question:

What do you do when you start questioning your faith? I do this often and I get really sad and doubtful. I do believe in Jesus but I doubt God quite often and I start thinking twice about the bible sometimes too...
First of all, I love your signature. :yes: :wub:

Secondly, *smacks face to re-group*

I wonder what you're meaning by 'doubting' God and also, 'doubting' the bible. Do you mean you doubt sometimes there is a God? or do you doubt sometimes that maybe God 'can't' do something you feel needs to be done? or do you mean, you sometimes doubt that God really gives a flyin flip about little ole you? or ... :D you get the idea ... what are you feeling God isn't, or wouldn't or couldn't or doesn't or ... :lol: y'knowww

As for the bible, I guess maybe you mean sometimes you doubt if the bible is truly the inspired Word of God. Not 100% certain that's what you mean but assuming it is ... I can only share with you what is so, - about it for me and I don't mind sharing ..

When I have ever felt that feeling it has centered around which of the bible scholars probably had it correct since they all disagree about some things ...until I realized that there are certain things (Paul tells us) that God really doesn't care about . One of those things is "divisions". No division amid the spiritual body of Christ is amid the most important distinctions I felt I could ever get. The most important thing to Christ that we agree on is Love. "That you all speak in agreement" means let the mouth be moved by the Holy Spirit when you are among yourselves. Its the Love that identifies us as "his disciples" more than anything which of course makes that yet another saving Grace he gives ..."his Grace is sufficient for us" even as we search for a peaceful, bless-ed assurance ...

Another thing for me and I feel the most important thing is the truth inherent in the verse that says, "God's word is alive, and exerts power, and is sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing, even to the dividing of soul from spirit"

The actual reality of that is what it is and I have found that very thing to be the miracle that restores my faithfilled understanding that it is God's word. Because of the power it exerts when I read it, take it in, allow it to speak to my spirit.

A friend shared with me a great "trick" to getting the word into oneself intrinsically and touching the Divine Source Itself, and that is "pray-reading" the Word.

Meaning that with each word, each individuated word that's being read out loud, there is a pause between words being read from the scripture and that pause is filled in with a prayer-word like, "amen!", "hallelujah!", for example:

Our ("amen!") Father ("amen!") which ("hallelujah!") art ("amen") in (hallelujah!!) Heaven ("amen") ..........etc. and before ya know it, yur spirit is filled with "the power" that God's Word is.

Its my experience - hope it encourages you somehow. :flowers:

oh p.s.

It works great when you're in a bind of some kind. Find a part in the bible that "speaks" to that very situation (and if you relax and open the bible in an open state of being, oftentimes God will take you directly to the Word you need) and pray-read that Word you find, whether you found it on your own by searching the concordance, or with the help of the Holy Spirit, whichever way you find it isn't important, and when you find it, pray-read it when you read it. Your spirit will guide you as to whether to do it again or to keep doing it until you 'get' it ... the power that is ... keep doing it if you don't get it ........it will come .. the assurance that wasn't there before you did it ... that's what I mean by the power. The Word will give you that bless-ed assurance you need in that situation......................................................................whatever it is. :yes:

Some things I write so I can read them. Thank you for asking the question! :flowers:

EarthSong!! I LOVE your siggy!! :D

Tink, I LOVED that second post of yours too! :flowers:

Last edited:

Hey Tink,

I worship at home too, as I find a church to have a lot of people talk about you and spread your business all over. That happened to me, and I never went back.

However, I don't call God Buddha. That's a whole other religion. I know Buddhists and they don't believe in Christ. They pray to Buddha.

HUGS!!

Hi : )

That's terrible about the gossiping that can happen. Of all places, church should not be for that purpose! People can be so silly. I understand why you would hesitate to return!

You're right that Buddhists may not believe in Jesus. Buddhists can also be atheist but did you know Buddha himself was a theist? I find that kind of interesting.

What I mean is, I can say how God is revealing Himself to me, in my heart and life right now is through Jesus. But I also feel God might reveal essentially the same Truths- peace, love, kindness, compassion- to someone who's cultural persuation may be different than mine... and essentially I feel God will answer the door for us all. Just as people speak many languages, I feel the Truth can be spoken in different languages to different people. Yet, just as we all understand facial expressions and laughter and tears the same... then we all arrive at a similar Truth via our own spiritual language.

That said though, I will say I have always had a huge place in my life and heart for Jesus. I am reading on the bible now and find such tremendous joy!

hugs back!!! :D

Hi : )

That's terrible about the gossiping that can happen. Of all places, church should not be for that purpose! People can be so silly. I understand why you would hesitate to return!

You're right that Buddhists may not believe in Jesus. Buddhists can also be atheist but did you know Buddha himself was a theist? I find that kind of interesting.

What I mean is, I can say how God is revealing Himself to me, in my heart and life right now is through Jesus. But I also feel God might reveal essentially the same Truths- peace, love, kindness, compassion- to someone who's cultural persuation may be different than mine... and essentially I feel God will answer the door for us all. Just as people speak many languages, I feel the Truth can be spoken in different languages to different people. Yet, just as we all understand facial expressions and laughter and tears the same... then we all arrive at a similar Truth via our own spiritual language.

That said though, I will say I have always had a huge place in my life and heart for Jesus. I am reading on the bible now and find such tremendous joy!

hugs back!!! :D

I love your post!!!

HUGS!!!

I would love to hear more about this.

Especially how Michael brought you to Jesus!! Please share!! :D will ya :flowers: huh will ya :flowers:

Michael brought me to the bible, or at least I feel God did, via him. Right now its a long story cause its so late, but yeh whenever u feel to share yours, I'd love to hear about it. Its so interesting to hear similiar experiences of Michael. Somehow its so upbuilding for some reason.

We are here to "encourage one another in love". I guess that's why we are also encouraged in sharing our love for Michael Jackson. It still fascinates me though :giggle: how so many people are committed to loving this guy so much and to such important degrees as bringing us to God. So many share this experience. It probably will never cease to amaze me.

First of all, I love your signature. :yes: :wub:

Secondly, *smacks face to re-group*

I wonder what you're meaning by 'doubting' God and also, 'doubting' the bible. Do you mean you doubt sometimes there is a God? or do you doubt sometimes that maybe God 'can't' do something you feel needs to be done? or do you mean, you sometimes doubt that God really gives a flyin flip about little ole you? or ... :D you get the idea ... what are you feeling God isn't, or wouldn't or couldn't or doesn't or ... :lol: y'knowww....

.......oh p.s.

It works great when you're in a bind of some kind. Find a part in the bible that "speaks" to that very situation (and if you relax and open the bible in an open state of being, oftentimes God will take you directly to the Word you need) and pray-read that Word you find, whether you found it on your own by searching the concordance, or with the help of the Holy Spirit, whichever way you find it isn't important, and when you find it, pray-read it when you read it. Your spirit will guide you as to whether to do it again or to keep doing it until you 'get' it ... the power that is ... keep doing it if you don't get it ........it will come .. the assurance that wasn't there before you did it ... that's what I mean by the power. The Word will give you that bless-ed assurance you need in that situation......................................................................whatever it is. :yes:

Some things I write so I can read them. Thank you for asking the question! :flowers:

Thanks so much for answering. And thanks about my sig too. hehe. :)

I think the reason I "doubt" the bible is because I've been having a hard time believing in God. The bible is inspired by "God." I mean, Michael's death really strengthened my faith but I feel it all going back down again into how I felt about it all before. Sometimes I think about there being a God and laugh at myself for thinking such a thing. But then I think, "There's HAS to be, there just has to be." I DO believe in an afterlife, I just don't think we all go to this bright shining place and meet God and stuff. I believe we do go somewhere but with God? I'm not so sure how I feel about that. Some days I believe in God and then I start really thinking too much about it. Ok, now it probably sounds like I'm rambling. It's hard to explain. It's kind of like this: I believe in God and then I don't. If that makes any sense at all. I've never had any "experiences" or anything. Nothing. I know the key is to believe as what my teacher keeps telling me but it's so hard to have such a strong faith in that. Then I look around at the world and I sometimes look at that as "proof" of God. I know I'm one in 6 billion but I pray every night and I don't feel anything afterward but I keep praying in hope that I can find something. You know what I mean? I have faith, just not a whole lot of it. I guess I feel that "God" or whoever it may be isn't listening to me. Like I said, I know I'm one in 6 billion, but still...

I DO believe in Jesus. I really do. I don't know why it is I can believe in Jesus but not God. It's just so hard to explain but sometimes I get really scared when I start doubting because it makes me fear death.

Sorry to post something like this here. But I really need to let it out.

I would love to hear more about this. Michael brought me to the bible, or at least I feel God did, via him. Right now its a long story cause its so late, but yeh whenever u feel to share yours, I'd love to hear about it. Its so interesting to hear similiar experiences of Michael. Somehow its so upbuilding for some reason.

We are here to "encourage one another in love". I guess that's why we are also encouraged in sharing our love for Michael Jackson. It still fascinates me though :giggle: how so many people are committed to loving this guy so much and to such important degrees as bringing us to God. So many share this experience. It probably will never cease to amaze me.

This is amazing to read!! Connecting through Jesus as Michael's birthday wraps is just a wonderful end to this day. I will write out my story, and I would also love to hear yours, very much so. This is so beautiful. I feel Michael watching over us, I truly do! I will share my story tomorrow. :)

Courtney, I feel sometimes when I pray for something and God does not answer fast enough, I become frustrated. But I do know now that he answers in His time, and in His time only.

The best thing about Jesus is He is Faithful! And He forgives and accepts us how we are, even when we doubt things.

This is amazing to read!! Connecting through Jesus as Michael's birthday wraps is just a wonderful end to this day. I will write out my story, and I would also love to hear yours, very much so. This is so beautiful. I feel Michael watching over us, I truly do! I will share my story tomorrow. :)

I have a group for MJ to remember his life and legacy, If you're interested, I will send you the link. Just PM me.

I think the reason I "doubt" the bible is because I've been having a hard time believing in God. The bible is inspired by "God." I mean, Michael's death really strengthened my faith but I feel it all going back down again into how I felt about it all before. Sometimes I think about there being a God and laugh at myself for thinking such a thing. But then I think, "There's HAS to be, there just has to be." I DO believe in an afterlife, I just don't think we all go to this bright shining place and meet God and stuff. I believe we do go somewhere but with God? I'm not so sure how I feel about that. Some days I believe in God and then I start really thinking too much about it. Ok, now it probably sounds like I'm rambling. It's hard to explain. It's kind of like this: I believe in God and then I don't. If that makes any sense at all. I've never had any "experiences" or anything. Nothing. I know the key is to believe as what my teacher keeps telling me but it's so hard to have such a strong faith in that. Then I look around at the world and I sometimes look at that as "proof" of God. I know I'm one in 6 billion but I pray every night and I don't feel anything afterward but I keep praying in hope that I can find something. You know what I mean? I have faith, just not a whole lot of it. I guess I feel that "God" or whoever it may be isn't listening to me. Like I said, I know I'm one in 6 billion, but still...

I DO believe in Jesus. I really do. I don't know why it is I can believe in Jesus but not God. It's just so hard to explain but sometimes I get really scared when I start doubting because it makes me fear death.

Hi there, I feel excactly the same way as you!
I do believe in Jesus Christ and I do believe in God, most of all I want to believe. But sometimes when I start to think my faith too much I begin to doubt is my faith real etc. I hate it when I do it because I don't want to doubt God's existence or whatever, I want to believe in Him, and I do believe in him, but I can't help it that sometimes I start doubting..
I also pray every night but haven't had any "experiences", I wish I could, to strenghten my faith.
I love to read stories from other Christians who tell their experiences with God or anything related to religion because that proves me that there is God and it also gives me more faith. I have also learned that reading bible helps a lot (maybe it should be evident that you read the Bible but I've only read it occasionally) When I start doubting, reading Bible comforts me very much. I just should read it more often.

Hi there, I feel excactly the same way as you!
I do believe in Jesus Christ and I do believe in God, most of all I want to believe. But sometimes when I start to think my faith too much I begin to doubt is my faith real etc. I hate it when I do it because I don't want to doubt God's existence or whatever, I want to believe in Him, and I do believe in him, but I can't help it that sometimes I start doubting..
I also pray every night but haven't had any "experiences", I wish I could, to strenghten my faith.
I love to read stories from other Christians who tell their experiences with God or anything related to religion because that proves me that there is God and it also gives me more faith. I have also learned that reading bible helps a lot (maybe it should be evident that you read the Bible but I've only read it occasionally) When I start doubting, reading Bible comforts me very much. I just should read it more often.

Thank you. Glad somebody else feels the same way. It's more like wanting to believe in him more than anything. I do believe in him because I want to believe that there's something out there but then I get to really thinking about it.
I love reading experience stories too because it does bring comfort but I don't know how much of that I can truely believe because what if some it is coming from their head you know? It all just seems too good to be true and yet, I find myself wanting to believe it. I guess you know when you really get your chance to experience it but I have a feel the only way I'll ever know is when I die. Which scares me even more.
But I love Jesus and I pray to him all the time. It gives me hope. I've found Jesus, why can't I find God?

Some of the stories in the bible are a bit exaggerated so sometimes it gets hard for me to take it seriously at some points but I do enjoy reading it as I find it really interesting. We studied the Old Testament last year and it was quite interesting and a lot of it does make sense.

I loved your post! So candid and seemed so easily expressed. For me its the creation itself, every bit of it makes it clear to me that there is a Master Intelligence operating this universe. This Intelligence created a human being to have a pumping system that goes on and on and the things of creation creates archtypes for man made necessities ... that fasinates me .. that this Master Mind Intelligent Creator created man to duplicate His works by using His prototypes to make everything we need! lol :D Makes me go, 'wow' and I guess the fact that so many varieties of things are created ... pigeons with three orange toes that look like twigs :lol: head jutts forward with each step they take :lmao: This Great Creator sometimes just cracks me up! and he made them look gentle like doves as they pepper large urban cities with reminders of God's love, creation and caring for us, that we never forget Him. That's all I feel God really wants from man - to be acknowledged in the ways that matter to Him.

There's a scripture where it says he has numbered the hairs on your head. Do you believe that I wonder, just curious for the sake of discussion. I believe it for the simple reason that those planets do exactly what they are 'supposed' to do without any help from anything, in complete synchronity, without fail, ever, and so do the sun and the moon ....

Quick story to demonstrate acknowledging the creation and directly experiencing God ..

My mother was about to get into her car and pick me up at the grocery store and as I was sitting on a bench in front of the grocery store underneath the big awning, looking up at the drizzly overcast sky which I love to see .... love to see the sky ...and so, suddenly from nowhere there began a torrential downpour of huge drops of seemingly endless rain, a downpour so vast that people were not even willing to try to go running to their cars - and I seriously didn't want my mother coming out in it, so I tried to call her back and she'd already left apparantly just before the sudden downpour ... and so I looked up at the sky and acknowledged with my spirit that beautiful charcoal grey ... and I said, "oooooooooo please, please, please please please stop the rain just so mama can get down here in peace ok?" and as sure as you are reading this, and in this amount of time, the rain had stopped. I just looked up there and with my heart acknowledged that clearer sky and just burst into laughter and said, "God, you're so funny! ooooo Thank You thank you thank you!!" I'm pretty sure that's what I said ....anyway ... all that to say, ", He listens, he hears, he really does. I think He's sometimes like a friend who you talk to and kinda just ramble about things and they hear you but they look they're just barely there - maybe its kind of like that lol.

I do believe he's numbered every hair though because I believe this Divine Intelligence, the one that created pomogranates and collard greens, and lady bugs and black eyed peas, worms and eucalyptus trees, tumbleweed and kidney beans, ocean waves and lightening speed, He prolly can number the hairs on each of His human creations' heads ... Yes, the creation is what keeps me seeing God.

I'm beginning to think the word "believe" kind of throws some of us off at first in life. At first, since we have had no experience to attach it to and someone is saying, "believe" its like you feel, "yah well ok but in what??" lol For me it just means, be willing to acknowledge, and if you need anything (you meaning me) then call on the name of that one ... YHWH ... pronounced the same in every language when saying it in the language it was presented in...and spiritually, it's God breathed into our human spirits as we call upon that name, the name He introduced Himself as with, to Moses. His first-born of all creation, only begotten Son, first born offspring of the Father ... Yeshua or Yeshewa .. or may even be another way to spell it, Jesus' name ... Jehovah's Son Christ Jesus, who is an aspect of God like fingers are an aspect of the hand ... seperate yet one, in Life and Nature.

I've discovered that doctrinal differences don't matter and are sometimes the first thing Satan spirit throws at us when Paul said that God said don't be arguing over things that cause divisions ... doctrines .... debates ... its a tool of Satan who "blinds the minds of the unbelievers so the glorious good news of the Christ might not shine through".

I feel all God wants us to do when we feel like we're groping is tell Him we're trying to reach for Him whomever He is. I say, "my maker" when I really want to make sure God Creator Jehovah YHWH Jah Yah Abba Father Wonderful Counselor Eternal Father Ressurrection ... Jesus seemed to buld in understanding on the issue by saying, "if you have seen me you have seen the Father" meaning it is quite good enough and right on track in His eyes

my take anyway

Last edited:

First of all, return good wishes for this day to Earth Song, and Happy Sunday to Everyone!! :D

My story is a bit what I think of as, "unique" and not very easy to convey via written text because of the spiritual nature of it all being in the realm of the 'unseen' ... but I'll try and make this difficult to explain thing, brief as possible. . .

I feel a bit of background is important for context, and that is the fact that I was born with a spiritual inclination from my earliest memory, life began in an enchanted way, with a kind of a "Wonderland" feeling of excited kind of peace living with mommy, daddy and older brother. After being here on the planet 3 years snuggled in the nest of home a divorce occurred, so by age 4 life changed and I'm now living with my Grands ..but it was still Wonderful and all the more so in many ways to include visits to the country church my grand daddy had pastored for many years. I found it very intriguing how the Holy Spirit would cause the church members to all sing in unison a song that would spontaneously create itself right there on the spot as the church members prayed in song and although there was lots of great worship going on, I never saw very much study of the bible, exept the fact that each night, on the front porch, after the sun had just gone down, my grand mother and daddy would read bible scriptures to eachother out loud. That was my favorite moment in life, just sitting there listening.

By age 5 I moved with my mother to the other side of town and that turn of events caused a shocking and eye opening experience - I was violently attacked by a 19 year old. It was a rude awakening that life is not going to be a Wonderland afterall. The years of childhood after that was a kind of a 'torture' feeling for me because the devil had stolen my joy and I could not understand the gleefulness of other kids, running and playing during things like Easter egg hunts .... ugh it was truly torture sometimes, but not all the time. There was so much joy in many ways hard to explain, but it mostly was when I was alone. I didn't trust anyone any more and I no longer understood the world children around me seemed to have been living in.

By age 6 (1967) and up I was afraid all the time. My first consolation came through music when someone left Diana Ross and The Supremes Greatest Hits at our apartment and I became stuck on Baby Love. It was the portal that showed me that Entertainment could be the key back to joy again. By the time the Jackson 5 came out in 1969, I was spiritually predisposed to finding the maximum amount of joy in song and can't tell you what a joy it was to see those kids in my age group giving us all that positivity. OK, so, that's entertainment and life goes on. By 18, even though life had been very rough because that experience at 5 created an avalanche of "victimizations" which challenged my self image constantly but I still had the inborn optimism and found expression through Theatre in school. After graduation I went to go to school and accepted an invitation to live with relatives in a whole new world - a wonderous place I never knew - suddenly I had a "new fantastic point of view" where I could see life very differently and nothing I had perceived in the past was perceived the same way now.

That's when I gave myself permission to give myself the one thing I hadn't known fully ... the joy and blissfulness of innocent trust throughout childhood... so in fall of 1979 I embarked upon "re-living" my childhood which for me was working out great except for the fact that the people in this "new world" didn't understand why an 18 year old wasn't interested in all the things an 18 year old was supposed to be. What they didn't know was that I had lived all of it already and needed to reach 'back' much more than I needed to do those things.

So, now to the bible ..

I was so alone in this place, although it was amazing in many ways. The loneliness was killing me. And although I had always maintained the "spiritual" inclinations that kept my optimism alive, I turned 19 feeling dreadfully alone, lost and misunderstood with no clue how to find true direction.

So I was sitting on a bed praying and afterward I idly sat there and opened a magazine, thumbing through ... then I got to the Michael Jackson article, I believe it was the 1980 issue of Ebony, where Michael was talking about God, His creation, and how we can talk to God at any time throughout the day and how he believes in the bible. That moment that I saw the word, "bible" I got up and went and located a bible a guy had given me in high school and opened it. The first scripture I saw that had meaning for me spoke directly into my dilemma - it was in the book of Proverbs. I fell in love with the bible and began to carry it with me everywhere. There is more to that story but that is the long and short of it for me. Mostly long :giggle: sorry again but yeh, I just wanted to give some background because when I found the bible I was on a much needed quest for guidance and direction. I also realized from reading about Michael that I wasn't alone in knowing the value of the state of being that is ideal which comes from living in the realm of innocence as in childhood (in my case re-living it) and even though I had serious doubts that Michael would ever understand me nearly the way I understood him, since I had admired him very much for using his fame to share God's word with people, I felt to just do what Michael said, and stuck with God's word in my life as my anchor.

God's wisdom, counsel, peace and power ... despite many challenges, has been the guiding Source, but even more than that, it deepened a relationship with God that I learned begins with listening to God speak, through His creation and His Word. It gave balance to what was already a spiritual inclination and put a foundation underneath my faith. From then on, I'd have God's Word to support that spiritual inclination and that would become something nobody would ever be able to take away.

Last edited:

I am a strong Christian and believer in my Lord Jesus Christ, who saved us from our sins!!! I find it amazing how every single Christian I have come into contact with at school is so loving, welcoming and kind. I have made many great new friends this way.
Anyway, I gave my heart to Jesus almost 11 years ago, when I was 7. I know the Holy Spirit lives in me. I try to show Christ's love through everything I do. I never, ever miss church, except when I'm sick or on vacation and have no way of getting to church. Sometimes I get a hunger and desire to learn more about my Lord, so I completely immerse myself in His presence by listening to Christian music, praying, reading my Bible, etc. It's an amazing feeling. God is so good to me!
Knowing Michael is up in Heaven with our Lord comforts me very much. Can't wait to groove with him -- and I'll be able to Moonwalk! XD

stateofshock, I just read your post to me and I'm just letting you know that I didn't ignore it. I'll be responding back soon. Thanks so much for your posts though, I love them a lot. :)

Lorraine, I am so inspired to see that Michael brought you back to Jesus!!! We need to discuss inspirational Bible verses and have our own personal study!!! I can't wait to hear your story!!
God is so good!!!! Michael would be so happy to hear this!

I love this "Father's Love Letter". My mum gave it to me on the day of my confirmation.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My Child,

You may not know me, but I know everything about you. Psalm 139:1
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I know when you sit down and when you rise up. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Psalm 139:2[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am familiar with all your ways. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Psalm 139:3[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Even the very hairs on your head are numbered. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Matthew 10:29-31[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For you were made in my image. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Genesis 1:27[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In me you live and move and have your being. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Acts 17:28 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For you are my offspring. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Acts 17:28 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I knew you even before you were conceived. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jeremiah 1:4-5 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I chose you when I planned creation. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ephesians 1:11-12 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You were not a mistake, for all your days are written in my book. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Psalm 139:15-16[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I determined the exact time of your birth and where you would live. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Acts 17:26 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You are fearfully and wonderfully made. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Psalm 139:14 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I knit you together in your mother's womb. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Psalm 139:13 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And brought you forth on the day you were born. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Psalm 71:6[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have been misrepresented by those who don't know me.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]John 8:41-44[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am not distant and angry, but am the complete expression of love. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 John 4:16 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And it is my desire to lavish my love on you. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 John 3:1 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Simply because you are my child and I am your Father. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 John 3:1[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I offer you more than your earthly father ever could. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Matthew 7:11 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For I am the perfect father. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Matthew 5:48 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Every good gift that you receive comes from my hand. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]James 1:17[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For I am your provider and I meet all your needs. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Matthew 6:31-33 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My plan for your future has always been filled with hope. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jeremiah 29:11 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Because I love you with an everlasting love. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jeremiah 31:3 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My thoughts toward you are countless as the sand on the seashore. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Psalms 139:17-18[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And I rejoice over you with singing. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Zephaniah 3:17 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I will never stop doing good to you. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jeremiah 32:40 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For you are my treasured possession. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Exodus 19:5 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I desire to establish you with all my heart and all my soul. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jeremiah 32:41 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And I want to show you great and marvelous things. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jeremiah 33:3 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you seek me with all your heart, you will find me. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Deuteronomy 4:29 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Delight in me and I will give you the desires of your heart. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Psalm 37:4 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For it is I who gave you those desires. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Philippians 2:13 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am able to do more for you than you could possibly imagine. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ephesians 3:20 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For I am your greatest encourager. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 Thessalonians 2:16-17[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am also the Father who comforts you in all your troubles. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 Corinthians 1:3-4 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When you are brokenhearted, I am close to you. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Psalm 34:18 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As a shepherd carries a lamb, I have carried you close to my heart. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Isaiah 40:11 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]One day I will wipe away every tear from your eyes. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Revelation 21:3-4 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And I'll take away all the pain you have suffered on this earth. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Revelation 21:3-4 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am your Father, and I love you even as I love my son, Jesus. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]John 17:23 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For in Jesus, my love for you is revealed. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]John 17:26[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He is the exact representation of my being. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hebrews 1:3 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He came to demonstrate that I am for you, not against you. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Romans 8:31 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And to tell you that I am not counting your sins. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 Corinthians 5:18-19[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jesus died so that you and I could be reconciled. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 Corinthians 5:18-19 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]His death was the ultimate expression of my love for you. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 John 4:10[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I gave up everything I loved that I might gain your love. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Romans 8:31-32 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you receive the gift of my son Jesus, you receive me. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 John 2:23[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And nothing will ever separate you from my love again. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Romans 8:38-39[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Come home and I'll throw the biggest party heaven has ever seen. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Luke 15:7 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have always been Father, and will always be Father. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ephesians 3:14-15 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My question is… Will you be my child? [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]John 1:12-13 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am waiting for you. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Luke 15:11-32[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Love, Your Dad
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Almighty God[/FONT]
Thanks for this, its very important for whenever we forget what God says about us vs. what anyone else (even we) may ever say about us :yes:

By taking one of the most beautifull people away from me and the world.
That really makes me angry.
People like osama and other bad people still living, and michael is death.
I think that makes no sense at all.....
God wants to make this world a better place, isn,t it?
Why does he take the good ones instead of the bad ones?
If god was a human i would sue him!

but hey, who am i to judge.
jenny is just a little flo somewhere on this huge planet we call eart.
aw, my heart went out to you when I read this. :( It reminded me of so many times when I have felt frustration and directed it toward God ...

... and then there's Jesus..

What do I mean - well its starting to seem to me like the madder I have gotten (and I do mean I have gotten plenty angry like Jonah in the desert) God has reminded me that the things I complain about are things God and Christ went through as well, as if God is saying to me, " CHILD, listen - I have had to watch my ONLY begotten Son be tortured to death so that I could save this entire world, and he was shortchanged, mistreated and disrespected, by even the devil himself."

Interestingly though, as it relates to this, Jesus also died very young and in the prime of life. I imagine it must've seemed to Mary Magdeline and everyone else around that God took away the most special human ever to walk the face of the earth ... healing sick, restoring life, walking on water to show God's power, taking mere water and making wine so people could party hearty lol, feeding multitudes of people with nothing more than a "number 2 combo snack", carrying that enourmous piece of lumber up-hill on his own shoulder, in order for he himself to be nailed to it by way of his very hands and feet ...........

......and there I am wanting to complain because of the way someone shortchanged or treated me ....

.. when in fact there is nothing I experience that Jesus didn't experience as well. I don't know if that helps you but it does help me when I let myself go there and realize what all Jesus went through. The Great Intelligence of the Universe has good reasons for things and He is truly ONLY Good, so its truly ALL GOOD, even for MJ.

Maybe in time we can see the reason for this. Maybe something needed to be done to bring the world's attention to what it means to fight the good fight. So many have respect for MJ now who didn't before. Please know I do feel your pain :( :hug: I really do.

State of Shock, you're awesome!!!

Earth_Song1 you're sweet!!! :) Our Amazing Creator is awesome!

stateofshock, I just read your post to me and I'm just letting you know that I didn't ignore it. I'll be responding back soon. Thanks so much for your posts though, I love them a lot. :)

O goodie! :) I am stoked about hearing how you came through Eastern religion to Jesus Christ by way of Michael Jackson! The whole thought of that is completely fascinating! :popcorn: I'll be looking for it, and glad you were encouraged by my posts.

Last edited:

Absolutely no i don't believe in any form of religion i don't like how it makes people narrow minded how it makes people treat others differently its not right. heres a quote i like

"Man never commit Evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions"

ThrillerMJ, why are you here in this thread then? Sorry, but if you don't believe, then why? Just curious. I don't go into threads if I do not share their thoughts and views on religion. I am not a narrow minded person for believing in Jesus Chist!! And I certainly don't treat people differently!! Believe me when I say, I am saying this in the nicest way and sincerely too! :)

Your message does not kill my joy however!!

Blessed be thy name Jesus Christ!!

Last edited:

ThrillerMJ, why are you here in this thread then? Sorry, but if you don't believe, then why? Just curious. I don't go into threads if I do not share their thoughts and views on religion. I am not a narrow minded person for believing in Jesus Chist!! And I certainly don't treat people differently!! Believe me when I say, I am saying this in the nicest way and sincerely too! :)

Your message does not kill my joy however!!

Blessed be thy name Jesus Christ!!

Well the thread did start with a question i simply posted my answer :).

I have nothing against people believing in Jesus i understand it can be a great comfort to people my best friends parents are extremely religious i don't say anything bad against it when i'm around them because it would be really disrespectful i don't agree with any form of religion but this is just my opinion on it i find it very corrupt and contradictory and with religious extremists harming other humans in the name of there God just puts me of the idea completely.

I have Christan friends who know I'm Gay and don't treat me any differently because of it I'm not saying you do treat people differently based on sexual orientation but I've came under ALOT of attack from religious groups based on my sexuality my sexuality is my business not theirs,if God does exist then why would he create Gay people? if there a Sin wouldn't he send a Plague to wipe us all out?

Im sorry if my post has annoyed you but you did say " Any believers in Jesus Christ?" i just simply answered :) again sorry if i annoyed you

Back