Christian Members

The Transfiguration of the Lord - preview of the Resurrection

Today we celebrate the amazing mystery which took place on Mount Tabor.

About eight days after Jesus said this, he took Peter, John and James with him and went up onto a mountain to pray. As he was praying, the appearance of his face changed, and his clothes became as bright as a flash of lightning. Two men, Moses and Elijah, appeared in glorious splendor, talking with Jesus. They spoke about his departure, which he was about to bring to fulfillment at Jerusalem. Peter and his companions were very sleepy, but when they became fully awake, they saw his glory and the two men standing with him. As the men were leaving Jesus, Peter said to him, "Master, it is good for us to be here. Let us put up three shelters—one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah." (He did not know what he was saying.)
While he was speaking, a cloud appeared and enveloped them, and they were afraid as they entered the cloud. A voice came from the cloud, saying, "This is my Son, whom I have chosen; listen to him." When the voice had spoken, they found that Jesus was alone. The disciples kept this to themselves, and told no one at that time what they had seen.

(Luke 9:28 - 36 NIV)

fraangelicotransfigurat.jpg

Hah, Shabuya. :D Yesterday was probably the first time this season I really watched whole race from first lap to the last lap and I decided to post to F1 thread today.

Our premier and show after it went fine. After shows we had party and I was drinking first time in long time. I was a bit drunk in the end of the evening and I was at home like 3 AM. Then I went to bed. Wow, dramatic after party, gotta say. :D

But yeah. I also had practise yesterday for that another play after F1 race. It went kinda well. I just felt like I need one day off because last week was pretty hard anyway. Today I have it. :) Later this week (starting tomorrow) I have four shows. Great.

Take care with the partying lol. Hopefully u guys had good plays this week.

Re: Any Believers in Jesus Christ Here? (Non-debate thread for believers only)

just want to ask

how is Jesus a lord

and he was born by a woman

i.e he was a human ???????

so how he is a god in the same time ??????

plz enlighten me

thanxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm not good enough in English that I could explain that. Sorry. But I think someone here can explain it. ;)

Last show today and then 2 weeks break! Finally. :D Next week we start rehearsing next play but no shows next week. Oh yeah, and school starts next Wednesday. :(

Happy Sunday!!!

Last edited:

just want to ask

how is Jesus a lord

and he was born by a woman

i.e he was a human ???????

so how he is a god in the same time ??????

plz enlighten me

thanxxxxxxxxxxx

all things are possible with God. He created the human being in all his and her mystery. what makes him God is that He can do the things even that you cannot conceive of. lo. indeed, why call Him God if He cannot do the things that blow your mind as well as the things that you understand?

Hello. I hope all of you are doing well. Please pray for a special intention of mine. I applied for a different job, actually one of my old jobs that I hope to get back. I pray that I am rehired. Thank you.

Hello. I hope all of you are doing well. Please pray for a special intention of mine. I applied for a different job, actually one of my old jobs that I hope to get back. I pray that I am rehired. Thank you.

I will!!!

Good luck!!!

Hey Michelle! I'll pray for you. I wish you luck!

High school starts tomorrow. :eek:

School already!

Yeah. Here in Finland we start this early. ;)

School seems to be pretty cool. But I lack in motivation... oh well, I think it comes sometime. :)

I will keep you in my prayers

God bless you

I truly believe that Michael was saved....he was too good of a person not to be....he followed the word of the Lord. Michael was such a Blessing to us all. I pray everyday that God gives me the strength to get through the trials and tribulations that I am going through in my own life right now. I know through Christ I will be victorious.

Great attitude! Michael was surely a person who tried to follow the word of God.

I'm listening this song. Do you like this, too?

You are blessed and highly favored.

Great attitude! Michael was surely a person who tried to follow the word of God.

I'm listening this song. Do you like this, too?

You are blessed and highly favored.
I absolutely love that song..I tell my husband each and everyday how truly blessed we really are. The Lord ALWAYS takes care of us..he meets our needs..not our greeds. Thank you for sharing that video..:)

August 15th marks the Assumption of the Virgin Mary. Pope John Paul II explained it masterfully in his encyclical Redemptoris Mater http://www.vatican.va/edocs/ENG0224/__P9.HTM

By the mystery of the Assumption into heaven there were definitively accomplished in Mary all the effects of the one mediation of Christ the Redeemer of the world and Risen Lord: "In Christ shall all be made alive. But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ" (1 Cor. 15:22-23). In the mystery of the Assumption is expressed the faith of the Church, according to which Mary is "united by a close and indissoluble bond" to Christ, for, if as Virgin and Mother she was singularly united with him in his first coming, so through her continued collaboration with him she will also be united with him in expectation of the second; "redeemed in an especially sublime manner by reason of the merits of her Son," she also has that specifically maternal role of mediatrix of mercy at his final coming, when all those who belong to Christ "shall be made alive," when "the last enemy to be destroyed is death" (1 Cor. 15:26).

sanctamaria.jpg

Five years before our very own hero was born, on August 29th 1953 in the city of Siracusa in Italy, in the humble house of a newly wed couple a simple plaster cast having the figure of the Holy Heart of Mary began to cry. That miraculous act, confirmed as such by scientific research, lasted for four days until September 1st.

The humble roots of the family and the simple material of the icon demonstrate the evangelical value of essentialism. The world seeks to confuse us with illusions of fame, possessions and hedonism of all kind, but the Lord is always here to remind us that what truly matters in life is our closeness to Him.

In the meantime, the house were the two spouses lived has become a chapel and a great sanctuary to the Madonna delle lacrime has been built. In the 57 years that have passed many pilgrims have visited the area. John Paul himself requested to have the relic holder in which Mary's tears were kept two weeks before he went home to the house of Lord.

May the most Merciful Mother of God help us, protect us and guide us all to Her son, our Lord Jesus Christ. And may we, as her sons and daughters give her and all of heaven less reasons to cry, but more to rejoice because of our faith and our fellowship with one another.

Sure thing. Hope to hear some goods news about it soon. God bless you.

Hi all!!!

School seems to be pretty cool. But I lack in motivation... oh well, I think it comes sometime.:)
Doing the Lord's work could be a possible motivation.

I absolutely love that song..I tell my husband each and everyday how truly blessed we really are. The Lord ALWAYS takes care of us..he meets our needs..not our greeds. Thank you for sharing that video..:)
That's a great expression. I hope you don't mind if I borrow it.

Hi all!!!
Hi yourself. Hope you find some time to relax.:)

I truly believe that Michael was saved....he was too good of a person not to be....he followed the word of the Lord. Michael was such a Blessing to us all. I pray everyday that God gives me the strength to get through the trials and tribulations that I am going through in my own life right now. I know through Christ I will be victorious.

:hug:

You know, you're not alone. We all go through trials but don't worry God is with us at all times and His mercy is infinite. At the most opportune time the victory will come. :flowers:

EDIT:

Shabuya
Another great post by you. ( As always) Thanks for this.

Last edited:

Hey, Lainy! Nice seeing YOU in this thread!:wild: And...you are right about what you said above!

I come into agreement with everyone here for everyone's prayers to be answered!:angel:

Hey, Lainy! Nice seeing YOU in this thread!:wild: And...you are right about what you said above!

I come into agreement with everyone here for everyone's prayers to be answered!:angel:

Thank you very much MP. :flowers: I just didn't come into in this thread before because I didn't knew of its existence. I'm glad to see you here. :)

I just wanna say to Him.
Thank you for what happened the last months.
Thank you for bringing her in my life.
And sorry I didn't come to church the last 3 years.
You will see me soon.

God bless you all!

hey guys been busy with my last year of school how are you guys?

I'm fine, well I'm in love with my girl, so really fine:):wub:
How are you?

May God bless and give us the strength to heal this world. I feel really sad when I see those horrible things that happens on our planet.
May he help us.

God bless you all.
:angel:

I'm fine too. Just a bit busy at the moment but fine anyway. :)

Heyy, Science_freak, you found some girl? :p

Oh yeah, I gotta go, 1 hour and ten minutes till the start of the show - I need makeup and stuff...

God bless you friends!

Back