Christian Members

Re: Any Believers in Jesus Christ Here? (Non-debate thread for believers only)

Every night I've started praying for all people... I'm forcing myself to do that for the evil ones too.

Tonight, after a period of many months not crying, I simply broke down. I have to get this off my chest, and I know people here won't consider me crazy.

I'm interested in the human psychology, including or especially that of serial killers. I was zapping the remote control until I saw there was a new documentary on, "Most Evil" on Discovery World. I didn't catch it from the beginning, but it was enough even if if catching it at the end to trouble you. I just couldn't change the channel, I wanted to know everything. Because I was maybe trying to figure out how some people, whether serial killers or not, could be so unbelievably evil. The evil itself. So I was mulling over if people are born this way... say, truly scary-looking like Rasputin and Manson etc. Or the evil one turns them into horrid creatures along the way. Hitler was such a sweet-looking, defenseless babie like all babies are. I'm trying to find out whether there are evil incarnates in this world, demons in the flesh or are turned that way and/or corrupted to self-destruct (not necessarily to destroy others) by those adults who became evil and were made evil by cults or sects, for instance. I've been just reading something about the Children Of God and their shady implication with River Phoenix. I keep watching people confessing shocking things on TV, how they were sexually abused as youngsters, many celebrities even. Then, I've remembered about a dear Romanian poet who just passed away yesterday, who was a sufferer for the world and mocked by many and censored by communists. Then I saw the news of a sixteen-year old girl is a salvage, unnamed, unchristened daughter, and weighs as much as a skeleton does, probably does not even speak... I looked at her mother, and she seemed mentally ill.

Then I 'coincidentally' bump into Most Evil, to read accounts of how victims of serial killers perished, among whom children that were abused, tortured and eaten by their predators. Then I've thought again of how some people manage to wake up in the morning or how some of them must feel knowing their both parents are paralyzed, or their twin babies died or their daughter committed suicide and their 2-year-old son was there to watch, or their mother and father got killed and their son got imprisoned even though out of guilt. How can one truly ever live life afterwards..? How can one be that strong? For I would never, ever be, so I'm asking how others can survive such horrors. And how I can live in peace when knowing others are dying inside all the time and think of nothing but death, being ill, or when sweet children are being turned into monsters or turned into helpless legumes for the rest of their lives or killed? And I'm also wondering... not too much, for fear of a perfectly correct answer, if I were personally wronged in this life, if a close one of mine would have been murdered by someone I know and other such devastating scenarios... would I become evil myself and hate the whole world? Apart from mentally killing the predator myself, would I have killed the person if in my vicinity, or if I caught my love in bed with a friend of mine, would my mind blacken out so much our of too much hurt (because hurting one like me is such an easy thing to do) and anger that I would kill him?... How I would have reacted and what I would have been if physical horrendous things I pray will never happen to me or anybody had happened or hapened? If I had been in somebody else's body and had my soul? How would my soul take all that...?

Then people like Oprah also came into my mind and the many TV/media people whose souls are sold and who try to corrupt children's minds, while posing with angel faces. And I couldn't take it. So, questions keep pouring on my mind like crazy, because.. I'm wondering many things. Are mentally ill people the offspring, the seed of evil.. a curse sent to their parents for their descendants' sins, the demon itself? Are people all only just people or some are born demons? Are some... many, sad, unfortunate corruptions of evil sects and/or associations the purpose for which being to brainwash and/or demonize people?.. And then I also think of these people that come out on TV to defame others or about those who come out to say how they are their own person and proud of that, irrespective of how wrong they are, irrespective of what's moral or God-approved...

I don't even know what else I am asking... But it's safe to say that my desperate mood prompts me to ask people to pray for the innocents of this world, babies, children, animals, adults, as well as the ill and/or evil ones, all of them... and just maybe ask for God to always intervene... sometimes, as a flawed human that I am, I'm asking myself why does He not often intervene to prevent the many atrocities that are far beyond worse than their name... and when will His justice prevail?... Like, when a child is drowned to death or burned alive or chopped up and served for dinner? Why...? I know I shouldn't question His ways, I know it's a sin, but I can't help but asking... One day, I know I will find out the answer and I pray He'll forgive me.... but for now, for a very long while I simply cannot hold corruption coming with such ferocious, lustful velocity... If more people in this world could turn their selves more, much more to Him and try to please Him more than themselves and 'sell' their souls to Him only, most of these things wouldn't happen... I often just am a helpless witness of a sick inaudible, invisible laughter of something that is of course not Him.

I don't even know what else to ask... and how to better cope with all this world. I'm also trying to figure out how much longer it will last, when others say and/or feel we have so little time left / we have plenty more time left. And if there is plenty more time left for a continuing decaying world, wouldn't it be horrifying to increasingly be witnessing such dog-eat world?.

Last edited:

Hi guys I hope I can share some of my thoughts with you if thats ok
I believe, yes my belief did wane for different reasons for a while that I wont go into but through it all I was spiritual and believed there is more than we could possibly imagine.
Anyway the reason I am posting is i wanted to share something - a friend of my parents passed away last week and before she passed she was in her hospital bed with her family around her, when she spoke and said that there are people here telling me its time to go but i keep telling them I need to stay with ricky (her husband). Anyway not long after this at all she did indeed pass away. She was a very sweet person and a real follower of our Lord - I think it was the angels that came to take her to heaven and I thought you would like to hear the story.

Hi Alma
Meditation and pray are good ways to broaden your view. Oprah def has tortured so many of us including me. I'm trying to pray for her to realize how innocent Michael was. I try not to watch TV these days except for News and Documentaries, cuz some TV hosts just make fun of people officially and their shows are considered 'very funny.' I guess evil is so subtle that you can't see it clearly sometimes. I hate to degrade people (I can't deny sometimes I'm temp to) cuz' I think those who defame someone even though the person didn't do anything wrong to the haters in person show how they are not confident. It's like.. they can't live without degrading someone to their levels..

We are all sinners indeed. I don't think a new born baby is 100% innocent because we are all sinners. but that doesn't mean a baby is evil.
Sometimes I'm confused watching news about murderers and victims, too. but I think instead of wondering and dwelling on it, we'd better go out and help people in need right away.
I hope you can find the answer from God someday.

Hi, Katrine
Thanks for sharing. I've never seen angels but as you believe, I think they were angels came down to guide her.

Last edited:

Please... pray for my aunt... she passed away today, and pray for my uncle and cousin, they have strong faith but they have gone through so much in their lives... Thanks and God bless you.

aw sweety I haven't seen this till now :hug: but I have been praying for you and your family ever since I heard what happened

I just watched Pilgrim's Progress A Journey To Heaven...has anyone seen that movie it's really amazing....

aw sweety I haven't seen this till now :hug: but I have been praying for you and your family ever since I heard what happened

Thanks Sweetie! :huggy:

God bless you!

door.jpg

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock… (Rev. 3, 20)

I thirst for you prayer http://www.mcpriests.com/03_I_thirst_PrayerEN.htm

"It is true. I stand at the door of your heart, day and night. Even when you are not listening, even when you doubt it could be Me, I am there. I await even the smallest sign of your response, even the least whispered invitation that will allow Me to enter.

And I want you to know that whenever you invite Me, I do come – always, without fail. Silent and unseen I come, but with infinite power and love, and bringing the many gifts of My Spirit. I come with My mercy, with My desire to forgive and heal you, and with a love for you beyond your comprehension – a love every bit as great as the love I have received from the Father ("As much as the Father has loved me, I have loved you…" (Jn. 15:10) I come - longing to console you and give you strength, to lift you up and bind all your wounds. I bring you My light, to dispel your darkness and all your doubts. I come with My power, that I might carry you and all your burdens; with My grace, to touch your heart and transform your life; and My peace I give to still your soul.

I know you through and through. I know everything about you. The very hairs of your head I have numbered. Nothing in your life is unimportant to Me. I have followed you through the years, and I have always loved you – even in your wanderings. I know every one of your problems. I know your needs and your worries. And yes, I know all your sins. But I tell you again that I love you – not for what you have or haven’t done – I love you for you, for the beauty and dignity My Father gave you by creating you in His own image.It is a dignity you have often forgotten, a beauty you have tarnished by sin. But I love you as you are, and I have shed My Blood to win you back. If you only ask Me with faith, My grace will touch all that needs changing in your life, and I will give you the strength to free yourself from sin and all its destructive power.

I know what is in your heart – I know your loneliness and all your hurts – the rejections, the judgments, the humiliations, I carried it all before you. And I carried it all for you, so you might share My strength and victory. I know especially your need for love – how you are thirsting to be loved and cherished. But how often have you thirsted in vain, by seeking that love selfishly, striving to fill the emptiness inside you with passing pleasures – with the even greater emptiness of sin. Do you thirst for love? "Come to Me all you who thirst…" (Jn. 7: 37). I will satisfy you and fill you. Do you thirst to be cherished? I cherish you more than you can imagine – to the point of dying on a cross for you.

I Thirst for you. Yes, that is the only way to even begin to describe My love for you. I THIRST FOR YOU. I thirst to love you and to be loved by you – that is how precious you are to Me. I THIRST FOR YOU. Come to Me, and I will fill your heart and heal your wounds. I will make you a new creation, and give you peace, even in all your trials I THIRST FOR YOU. You must never doubt My mercy, My acceptance of you, My desire to forgive, My longing to bless you and live My life in you. I THIRST FOR YOU. If you feel unimportant in the eyes of the world, that matters not at all. For Me, there is no one any more important in the entire world than you. I THIRST FOR YOU. Open to Me, come to Me, thirst for Me, give me your life – and I will prove to you how important you are to My Heart.

Don’t you realize that My Father already has a perfect plan to transform your life, beginning from this moment? Trust in Me. Ask Me every day to enter and take charge of your life. – and I will. I promise you before My Father in heaven that I will work miracles in your life. Why would I do this? Because I THIRST FOR YOU. All I ask of you is that you entrust yourself to Me completely. I will do all the rest.

Even now I behold the place My Father has prepared for you in My Kingdom. Remember that you are a pilgrim in this life, on a journey home. Sin can never satisfy you, or bring the peace you seek. All that you have sought outside of Me has only left you more empty, so do not cling to the things of this life. Above all, do not run from Me when you fall. Come to Me without delay. When you give Me your sins, you gave Me the joy of being your Savior. There is nothing I cannot forgive and heal; so come now, and unburden your soul.

No matter how far you may wander, no matter how often you forget Me, no matter how many crosses you may bear in this life; there is one thing I want you to always remember, one thing that will never change. I THIRST FOR YOU – just as you are. You don’t need to change to believe in My love, for it will be your belief in My love that will change you. You forget Me, and yet I am seeking you every moment of the day – standing at the door of your heart and knocking. Do you find this hard to believe? Then look at the cross, look at My Heart that was pierced for you. Have you not understood My cross? Then listen again to the words I spoke there – for they tell you clearly why I endured all this for you: "I THIRST…"(Jn 19: 28). Yes, I thirst for you – as the rest of the psalm – verse I was praying says of Me: "I looked for love, and I found none…" (Ps. 69: 20). All your life I have been looking for your love – I have never stopped seeking to love you and be loved by you. You have tried many other things in your search for happiness; why not try opening your heart to Me, right now, more than you ever have before.

Whenever you do open the door of your heart, whenever you come close enough, you will hear Me say to you again and again, not in mere human words but in spirit. "No matter what you have done, I love you for your own sake Come to Me with your misery and your sins, with your troubles and needs, and with all your longing to be loved. I stand at the door of your heart and knock. Open to Me, for I THIRST FOR YOU…
"

Could you guys pease pray that the Lord will give me strength! I feel like I can't take it anymore, I look in the mirror and I can't find myself in the reflection anymore... pleas pray that He'd give me the strength to do what I have to do.

Thank you. I love you, God belss you all.

I pray for you sweetie :hug: Keep the faith.

Love you, too :heart:

karom in times when I most needed help God used "someone" to talk to me and stood me up through these words,
http://www.biblebell.org/lap.html#blesstheLord

I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; For You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety. (Ps 4.8) Safety in God

But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; Let those also who love Your name Be joyful in You. For You, O Lord, will bless the righteous; With favor You will surround him as with a shield. (Ps 5.11-12) God is my shield

Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I am weak; O Lord, heal me, for my bones are troubled. My soul also is greatly troubled; But You, O Lord how long? Return, O Lord, deliver me! Oh, save me for Your mercies' sake! (Ps 6.2-4) My Troubled soul

I am weary with my groaning; All night I make my bed swim; I drench my couch with my tears. My eye wastes away because of grief; It grows old because of all my enemies. (Ps 6.6-7) Weary & weeping

O Lord my God, in You I put my trust; Save me from all those who persecute me; And deliver me (Ps 7.1) Persecuted

The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, A refuge in times of trouble.
And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You. (Ps 9.9-10) God is my refuge

How long, O Lord? Will You forget me forever? How long will You hide Your face from me? How long shall I take counsel in my soul, Having sorrow in my heart daily? How long will my enemy be exalted over me?
Consider and hear me, O Lord my God; Enlighten my eyes, Lest I sleep the sleep of death; Lest my enemy say, "I have prevailed against him''; Lest those who trouble me rejoice when I am moved.
But I have trusted in Your mercy; My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.
I will sing to the Lord, Because He has dealt bountifully with me. (Psalm 13)
Why does God delay?

I will love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. (Ps 18.1-2) God is my strength

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer. (Ps 19.14) Lord, hear my prayer

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup Runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. (Psalm 23)
The Lord is my Shepherd

To You, O Lord, I lift up my soul.

O my God, I trust in You; Let me not be ashamed; Let not my enemies triumph over me. Indeed, let no one who waits on You be ashamed; Let those be ashamed who deal treacherously without cause.
Show me Your ways, O Lord; Teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, For You are the God of my salvation; On You I wait all the day.
Remember, O Lord, Your tender mercies and Your lovingkindnesses, For they have been from of old. (Ps 25.1-6)
I lift up my soul unto God

The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? (Ps 27.1) Whom shall I fear?

One thing I have desired of the Lord, That will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord, And to inquire in His temple.
For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; In the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me high upon a rock.
And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me; Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord. (Ps 27.4-6)
In times of trouble

Sing unto the Lord, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. (Ps 30.4-5) Joy cometh in the morning

O love the Lord, all ye his saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer. Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord. (Ps 31.23-24) God strengthens my heart

Many sorrows shall be to the wicked; But he who trusts in the Lord, mercy shall surround him. (Ps 32.10) Obtaining mercy

Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him, On those who hope in His mercy, To deliver their soul from death, And to keep them alive in famine.
Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and our shield. For our heart shall rejoice in Him, Because we have trusted in His holy name.
Let Your mercy, O Lord, be upon us, Just as we hope in You. (Ps 33.18-22) God watches over me

The Angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, And delivers them.
Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him! (Ps 34.7-8) Taste & see that the Lord is good

The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, And His ears are open to their cry. (Ps 34.15) God listens to me

The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit. (Ps 34.18) God ministers to my broken heart

Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass. (Ps 37.5) Trust God & He will do it!

The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, And He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the Lord upholds him with His hand. (Ps 37.23-24) If I fall, God picks me up

Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. (Ps 55.22) I give my burdens to God

In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, And my refuge, is in God. (Ps 62.7) The rock of my strength is God

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands. Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations. (Psalm 100)
I make a joyful noise unto the Lord

Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:

Who forgiveth all thine iniquities;
who healeth all thy diseases;
Who redeemeth thy life from destruction;
who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's. (Ps 103.1-5)
Bless the Lord, Oh my soul

For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is God's mercy toward them that fear him.

As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear him. For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.
As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth. For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more.
But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children. (Ps 103.11-17)
God understands my weakness

Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints. (Ps 116.15) Concerning death

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. (Ps 119.105) A light for my path

The Lord shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul.
The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in From this time forth, and even forevermore. (Ps 121.7-8) God preserves me

O LORD, You have searched me and known me.

You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off.
You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways.
For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether.
You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is high, I cannot attain it.

Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence?

If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.
If I take the wings of the morning, And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, Even there Your hand shall lead me, And Your right hand shall hold me. (Ps 139.1-10)
God knows all about me and is always with me

The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, To all who call upon Him in truth. He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him; He also will hear their cry and save them. (Ps 145.18-19) God hears my cry

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. (Prov 3.5-6) I must trust God with all my heart

My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, nor detest His correction; for whom the Lord loves He corrects, just as a father the son in whom he delights. (Prov 3.11-12) God chastens me because He loves me

Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary.

There is no searching of His understanding.

He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall,

But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength;

they shall mount up with wings like eagles,
they shall run and not be weary,
they shall walk and not faint. (Isa 40.28-31)
I must WAIT upon the Lord to renew my strength

(Jesus said,

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.
Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.
Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you." (Mt 5.3-12)
God blesses me when I am poor in spirit

(Jesus said, "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.
My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand.
I and My Father are one.'' (John 10.27-30) I am safely held in the palm of God's hand

(Jesus said, "I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die." (John 11.25-26) Jesus is my resurrection and eternal life

(Jesus said, "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also." (John 14.1-3) Jesus promised to come back for me

(Jesus said, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14.27) Peace, sweet peace

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. (Rom 5.1-5) Why I should glory in my tribulations

The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.
For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. (Rom 8.16-18) I am God's child

Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. (Rom 8.26) Holy Spirit joins in my prayers

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. (Rom 8.28) God works everything for my good

For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Rom 8.38-39) Nothing can separate me from God's love. Nothing!

No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. (1 Cor 10.13) God won't let me be tested beyond what I am able to bear

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. (Philip 4.6-7) Peace that surpasses all understanding

God said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Cor 12.9-10) When I am weak, then I am strong

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. (Philip 4.12-13) In Christ, I can do all things

Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory. (Col 3.2-4) My life is hidden with Christ in God

But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep (died), lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep (dead).
For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.
And thus we shall always be with the Lord.
Therefore comfort one another with these words. (1 Thes 4.13-18)
The glorious Rapture of God's children

Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. (Heb 4.14-16) God has experienced my suffering

Therefore He (Jesus) is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He ever lives to make intercession for them. (Heb 7.25) Jesus is praying for me

Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls. (Heb 12.1-3) I must run life's race with endurance

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.
But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. (James 1.2-4) Problems? I count them all JOY!

Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. (James 4.7-8a) I can make Satan flee

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

to an inheritance incorruptible
and undefiled
and that does not fade away,
reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, receiving the end of your faith the salvation of your souls. (1 Pet 1.3-9)
I am kept saved by the power of God

For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. (1 Pet 3.17) Life isn't fair!

Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. (1 Pet 5.6-7) I cast all my cares on God

And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.

He who has the Son has life;
he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may KNOW that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God. (1 John 5.11-13)
I KNOW I am saved!

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. (1 John 5.4) My faith is my victory!

(Jesus said, "Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?

Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?
Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
Therefore do not worry, saying, `What shall we eat?' or `What shall we drink?' or `What shall we wear?' For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." (Mt 6.25-34)

God bless you. :)

sorry, double post..

Last edited:

A week ago, I was posting about many questions of mine yet left unanswered... among which whether it is possible or not that not only people are getting born on this earth, but also demons in the flesh... I asked myself on fewer occasions if angels in human form also exist.

I was watching the "Dancing With The Stars" version from my country ("I'm Dancing For You") when at some point they presented an out-of-contest unbelievable case of a 5 year-old girl who was abandoned at birth by her mother and left at the door of her grandmother. A grandmother who tortured the little girl for I don't know how long.... broke the bones in her body, arms and legs, that it's a wonder she can still walk somehow, slowly anyway.. She also was once given something toxic to drink or something burning the throat, and also threw her down from the 3rd floor of the block... and other tortures...

The little girl eventually was adopted by a merciful man and his wife, the man being a former known football player here who, along with his wife, also adopted another child, a boy close to the girl's age. A reporter asked her if she loves her new father. She said: "I love my daddy. But I don't love him most. I love God more." ... She is a wonder, as she sees the origin of love and life at such a tender age.

The family was asked to come on the show, where they received monetary aid. The show's hosts later told the public that the little girl gave the two of them an angel each, and added what I immediately afterwards concluded, that she is one herself.

Last edited:

Hi everyone, especially Darth Sidious! I am doing good, thanks. Just very busy with work, and running a Carol Burnett site.

Was so happy to see that this thread is still going on, and that's thanks to you all.

I hope to pop in more often as time allows.

God bless.

Great to hear from you! Sounds like ya got a lot on your plate, you're very busy. Good luck with all your stuff, I hope the Lord blesses your projects.

God bless all of you.

Bless you too.:)

Hey everyone we should pray for the entire MJJ Community. It's not a community anymore. Lately there have been some rumors about the Jackson family using Michael's 3 children and some people on here are turning their backs on them. We should pray for them and the Jackson family.

Karom, hang in there. I will pray for you!

^^ thanks :hug:

Saint Cecilia - November 22nd

saint-cecilia-stained-glass.jpg

st_cecilia_window_r2_c1.jpg

St%20Cecilia%201627-1628.jpg

Today we celebrate the patron saint of MUSIC.

Sancta Cecilia ora pro nobis, but most especially for musicians - let them use their craft to bring praise to the Lord and be an example of love, mercy and peace to all.

Karom, you are in my prayers. As is this entire community.

Goes without saying that Michael's family is in prayers - now and always.

Hi everyone! How are we all? Think of you & pray for you all.

Happy Thanksgiving

God has not promised me sunshine
That's not the way it's going to be
But a little rain (A little rain)
Mixed with God's sunshine
A little pain (A little pain)
Makes me appreciate the good times

An awesome cut from an amazing performance directed by my man Spike Lee :D featuring three incredible artists: Jennifer Hudson, John Legend and the Roots.

Let us all be grateful and thank the Lord for all He has done for and in us and all that He will do.

Let us praise Him, He is worthy of all honor and glory.

THANK YOU LORD.

Jesus, i trust in You.

Hi everyone! How are we all? Think of you & pray for you all.

Doin' great, thanks for asking. Nice to see you back :)

Shabuya that was a great video. Thanks for share. :)

Please pray for those people living from Rio de Janeiro. There are a truly war in there. Let's pray for all police men (heroes) and all innocent people who lives on favelas (shanty town) that terror ends asap.

*prays for peace the world over*

God does send miracles. My sister's future-to-be husband nearly died a couple of days ago due to pancreatitis. He was, I'd say, moments away from a peritonitis that would have infected his entire organism. They successfully removed his necrosed gall today that caused his pancreatitis, and is, thankfully, convalescing well and most likely will get discharged on Wednesday.

God is good....

God does send miracles. My sister's future-to-be husband nearly died a couple of days ago due to pancreatitis. He was, I'd say, moments away from a peritonitis that would have infected his entire organism. They successfully removed his necrosed gall today that caused his pancreatitis, and is, thankfully, convalescing well and most likely will get discharged on Wednesday.

God is good....

Wow Thanks God! :clap:

I believe in Jesus Christ

November 30th - Saint Andrew

On November 30th churches both in the East and West celebrate Saint Andrew - the "first called" among the Apostles of the Lord, Saint Peter's brother. He was the one who introduced Simon to Christ and same as his brother he became a fisherman of men leading many people(s) to He who is the Way, the Truth and the Life.

When i was in Rome during Easter, this was one of the many corners of St. Peter's Basilica which attracted me most.

StAndrew-fcp-b.jpg

Here is another beautiful melody. I do disagree with the title though - God is not watching from a distance, but rather He is in every single one us. We only need to let Him have His way in us, no matter if that involves pain for shorter or longer times. He is never late in delivering us from evil and He always makes things come together for the good of those who love Him, no matter what.

God is good....

God is good indeed. Very glad to hear about it Alma dear. See? There are miracles happening all the time all around us, there isn't only darkness in this world :) Praise the Lord - now and always.

Shabuya that was a great video. Thanks for share. :)

Please pray for those people living from Rio de Janeiro. There are a truly war in there. Let's pray for all police men (heroes) and all innocent people who lives on favelas (shanty town) that terror ends asap.

Don't mention it Lainy. Sorry to hear about the troubles in Rio. God willingly, things will come down. God bless all the people.

I believe in Jesus Christ

Welcome :) Nice to have you among us.

Re: Happy Thanksgiving

Thanks Shabuya! Good to be back

So what have I missed havent been on here for about 2 months :S blames new bf lol

The+Virgin+Mary.jpg

Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for and protect your garden, now and always.

Amen

Chrissy - you haven't missed all that much, as you will see for yourself. New beau, eh? :giggle: Love is indeed wonderful and it can make you lose focus of just about anything and anyone else around, but still.....it's good to visit ole friends, right? Welcome back again :)

Jesus is......

the reason for the season, the foundation of our hope, our strength and our Savior.

bk214.jpg
4uegd00z.jpg

jesus141.jpg

f9yj000z.jpg

akegd00z.jpg

yeshua.jpg

cfgcf00z.jpg

npymd00z.jpg

simplylove.jpg

dqn8d00z.jpg

5nymd00z.jpg

8gb5d00z.jpg

December 8th - the immaculate conception of the Virgin Mary

I know this particular doctrine is an issue of contention among Christian denominations, even among those who share the devotion to Mother Mary, but this is what we, in the Catholic Church believe

annunc.jpg

SanctaMariaMed.jpg

Holy Mary, relieve the afflicted, help the discouraged, solace those who weep, plead for the people, intervene for the clergy, intercede for the choir of monks, pray for consecrated women: let each and every one experience your consolation.

May Our Lady Queen of Peace
gather us all within the mantel folds
of her maternal love,
that each may know increasing peace and joy,
strength for the unpredictable future,
renewed faith in God's compassionate love
for us for whom He became a man bringing us
salvation, consolation and fulfillment.

http://www.sanvincenzoabbey.org/englishVersion/Archive/christmascarda.html

Before i arrive 2 today´s celebration, let me first just share some images and footage from one of the best movies of the holiday season - The Chronicles of Narnia the Voyage of the Dawn Treader .

I haven´t read all that much in my lifetime, but for the little that i did read, C.S. Lewis is my favorite author of all time. His whole life story is incredibly inspiring. An atheist in his youth, he became one of the most influencial Christian writers of the 20th century and one of the most beloved figures in children's literature.

His love story with Joy Gresham is equally impressive, not only because of their similarities (both former atheists and successful writers), but also due to the way in which they met and most of all because of the short amount of time – four very short years they shared together - before being separated by death. A grief observed, which he wrote after Joy's death remains to this day one of the best books dealing with grief, the loss of a loved one and the burdensome questions one cannot help but ask of the Lord during such trying circumstances. I actually gave away my copy of the book to a former boss of mine who is now living in another country. She had lost her husband last year due to a heart disease. However small, i hope it brought her some comfort.

Returning to the movie now and i must confess to my own shame that i haven't read any of the books, on Friday i saw the third installment of the Narnia series. I highly recommend it to anyone who has watched it yet. For those of us who like stories of kings and queens, dragons and magical ships, funny creatures with even funnier names like dufflepuds, basically for kids from 1 to 92....this is a perfect movie. Add to it the awesomely important Christian message and you got a recipe for successful childrearing. *has visions of DS takin' his three girls to see the movie* :giggle:

Beyond the special effects, the incredible acting and the amazing story, the most important thing for me going in and out of that movie theatre was the Christian element felt throughout the movie. Those of you familiar with the story should know that Aslan (Liam Neeson has the perfect voice for this role), the lion who in the first movie sacrifices himself only to return to life symbolizes Christ. In this third movie there is talk of Aslan's country – obviously the Kingdom of God and the only way through which to reach it is by death as the tearjerker of the finale proved. Btw of that i got one complain – how on earth is one supposed to wear them annoying 3D glasses and cry at the same time?

One of the most important lines in the whole movie is said by the slave trader who puts Lucy and Eustace 'on the market' when he says – someone else will pay for all of you. That is an obvious reference to Christ's sacrifce on the Golgota on behalf of all humanity. Certain verses from Isaiah come to mind.

And if y'all don't wanna take my word for it, i betta put up some evidence about that wonder of a movie. All images are property of Twentieth Century Fox and Walden Media, with the exception probably of that cute drawing whose author i couldn't find. Would've been more than glad to give credit where due.

Here's the trailer of the movie

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hrJQDPpIK6I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hrJQDPpIK6I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

'Miss Lucy' :)
The_Chronicles_of_Narnia_Voyage_of_the_Dawn_Treader_20000.jpg

Georgie Henley was really, really great. Loved to bits the snow spell scene, loved it sooo very much.

Caspian and Edmund 'fighting'
47507.jpg

Ben Barnes and Skandar Keynes (wonder if he's related to the famed economist) were wonderful as well, as always.

the_chronicles_of_narnia_3_31-535x300.jpg

A wonderful surprise was Will Poulter who played the bratty, but awesome Eustace
Will-Poulter-playing-Eustace-Clarence-Scrubb-the-chronicles-of-narnia-7451192-396-594.jpg

212208305_4bad6fc2bc.jpg

eustacedragon.jpg

In an interesting parallel to the Peter Pan story where Wendy couldn't remember him once she grew up, the older children - Peter and Susan once they grew up they weren't allowed into Narnia anymore. It all might have something to do with children's purity and honest belief in the beautiful, magical and true of this world, something which most of us adults feel obliged to let go of if we are to be 'serious, responsible' people.

The whole cast and the complete credits with the entire incredible team which made this vision a reality are here http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0980970/fullcredits#cast God bless them all &#8211; producers, director, special effects folke, all the actors, all the people behind the scenes.

December 12th marks the celebration Mexico's patron &#8211; Our Lady of Guadalupe. The Marianic aparation to local saint Juan Diego took place in December 1531. Ever since, this image has been a source of comfort and strength for the Mexican people and believers from all over the world.
385px-Virgen_de_guadalupe1.jpg

This holiday reminds me of my Mexican colleague back in Madrid 7 years ago and the Mexican students i've met at the Escorial at a summer school last year. I hope they are all blessed with good health, happiness and prosperity.

May the most merciful mother of our Lord Jesus Christ protect us all sinners and pray for us now and at the hour of our death.

Before i leave you with an amazing Narnia poster, i'd like to share with you all a couple of very interesting comments i've heard from two monks. Albeit they belonged to differing denominations and i heard the two little stories quite apart in time, they are very beautiful.

One monk was citing a Chinese proverb which said &#8211; a man was walkin' down a road and he thought he saw an animal; as it got closer it became clear it was a man, as they got face to face he could see it was his brother.

The other story which i heard today went like this &#8211; i looked for God, but i couldn't find Him; i looked for myself, but i couldn't find me either; i looked for my brother and i've found all three.Beautiful and true, right? :)

To quote the kids on the Narnia ship after they won the battle &#8211; it wasn't just us who did it. It is never so. All that is good and lovely can only come from and through God.

So folks &#8211; go right ahead and watch the movie cause the return to Narnia truly is a return to magic and to hope and never forget to praise to Lord for all His mercy and His grace.

VOyage%2Bof%2Bthe%2BDawn%2BTreader%2Bnew%2Bbanner.jpg

Last edited:
Back