Christian Members

I'd like to share with you all some Bible quotes and comments i actually shared with a friend of mine really early this year on January 5th. I sent this to my friend after they had betrayed my trust in a verry cruel way. At that point i didn't even know the true extent of the deceit, but i would shortly after.

The first one was related to the reading of the mass for that day and the other was the reflection for January 5th in the day brightener i had on my desk at work. One ended with joy, the other explained it. I've always loved these 'coincidences'.

I remember takin' quite some time to put it all together and doin' it late mornin'/noon at work (somethin' which i never did; private messaging at work) where i had to put on a brave face, take care of busy bizz as usual when on the inside i was falling apart. That's when my second career and my greatest calling - playin' the clown began and quite frankly i haven't stopped being the clown and the fool ever since. One of these days though i might fill in my resignation and try and look for some of that reasonable happiness one can have in this lifetime while waiting for the true joy in the eternal one.

We have passed from death to life because we love our brothers.

Reading from the first letter of the Apostle John (3,11-21)

Beloved, the news you heard from the beginning it is to love one another, not as Cain did, which was under the dominion of the Evil and killed his brother. And what to kill? Because his deeds were evil and his brother were the best. No wonder, brethren, if the world hates you. We know that we have passed from death to life because we love our brothers, who does not love his brother remains in death. Whoever hates his brother is a murderer and you know that no murderer has eternal life in him.By that I knew love: that He gave His life for us. We therefore our duty to give our lives for our brothers. If someone, having the world's, leading sees his brother missing and his heart close to him, how can the love of God remain in him? My children not only about love and language, but indeed the facts.Thus doing, we know that we will know the truth and to God rest our hearts, in vain we would be condmned our heart, God is greater than our heart and knows all. Beloved, if our heart doesn't condemn us, we are safe with God.

And this was the commentary:

There are so many things interesting and instructive in the liturgy of this day. The First Letter of John we see the revelation of God to love us and wish on us. By this we know love: "He gave his life for us." The result is unexpected for us, but it is God's logic. We think, if he gave his life for us, and we owe to give our lives for him. And this is right. But the apostle, inspired by the Holy Spirit, says otherwise: "So we are duty bound to give our lives for our brothers".

This is characteristic of the New Testament: the insistence on the dynamics of love, not limiting it or stop it from ourselves in some sort of intimate indulgence. God loves us because we communicate, because we accompany the dynamism of his love. And who closes his heart does not enter into this dynamic.

Another point of elevation are reflections upon Cain, the murderer himself, in some sense, before the killer of Abel. Cain yes, he killed Abel, but could not deprive him of love of God, in contrast, Cain, killed, destroyed the divine life itself: is the killer of his life and love. "Whoever hates his brother he is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life in him.

We live because God's life enters into us, and love that we send brothers is made more generous with the gift of God himself, which is fullness of life and joy.

Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full. (John 16:24)

Joy is more than merriment, more than happiness, and more than the other myriad of human expressions and experiences we use to describe happy fulfillment. Joy includes them all, but trandscends them by leagues.

Joy is the certainty that whatever leashes your life to less than love, or whatever has stained your soul with shame or failure has been neutralized by the one power that can free and forgive us all – the living Christ.

As i said to my friend at the end of the message

Therefore, I wish you JOY - the kind only Christ can provide.

In spite of everything that has taken place then and all that has followed i still love and wish my friend well and i really hope they reach that kind of joy, the same i wish to all of you.

Re: Any Believers in Jesus Christ Here? (Non-debate thread for believers only)

Hello Guys,

This is a thread for believers. I understand we all have our own opinion. But if you do not believe in JC please respect the OP and do not use this thread as a place to debate.

Thank you.

Yes I do believe in Jesus Christ is a messenger of God, The Almighty.

I got a job. Many of my co-workers are Christians.
Christmas is just around the corner! Time flies!!!
Have a great weekend listening to 'Michael' and working for your church.
Amen

Gay Vicar, 65, to 'Marry' Nigerian Male Model [Less Than] Half His Age

Rev Coward plans to refuse the request that he remain celibate

To former vicar Colin Coward, it is nothing short of a marriage made in heaven. But the 65-year-old is expected to raise a few traditional eyebrows when he walks down the aisle with the man in his life – a 25-year-old Nigerian model called Bobby.

Mr Coward and his African partner are due to hold a civil partnership later this year, followed by a service at the vicar’s church, St John the Baptist church in Devizes, Wiltshire.

The couple met at a Christian conference three years ago, and are planning to make their relationship official in a few weeks’ time.

19b24b19.jpg

The pair describe themselves as 'deeply committed Christians' and say they are determined to have the church service

Bobby Ikekhuame Egbele, a fashion designer and model, grew up in Nigeria and runs an online clothes shop. Currently in the UK on a holiday visa, he and his ‘husband-to-be’ are waiting for the green light from the Borders Agency, which has requested details of their relationship and residency.

This is expected to be a formality but the ‘marriage’ cannot go ahead until permission is granted. Mr Egbele, who will then become a British citizen, said yesterday: ‘I’m excited about the wedding and that people are interested in it.

‘We want it to be a public thing to inspire other people, but a marriage is also private so that feels a bit strange.’

Mr Coward, who is no longer employed by the Church but still has permission to preach, added that he hopes their public commitment will set an example to other gay people within the Anglican community.

Mr Coward, who lives with Mr Egbele in the Wiltshire village of Marston, said: ‘My goal is for everyone within the Church to feel comfortable with the situation because at the moment the majority of gay Christians marry secretly.

‘It is a taboo subject but the Church is now under huge pressure to change its stance and that pressure will only increase in the future. '

‘Clearly the blessing is going to be quite a sensitive issue. I know that many people will see it and view it with horror. But we are both deeply committed Christians so it would be unthinkable for me not to do it in church and not to do it with the congregation and with all of our friends.‘

'I hope my wedding will inspire others and set a visible example to the church that we are not afraid.’

3cdf05ac.jpg

Reverend Colin Coward fell in love with Nigerian model Bobby Egbele after they met at a Christian conference in Togo in 2007. The pair plan to tie the knot in October

Mr Coward, a former architect and now a gay campaigner, met Mr Egbele in 2007 at a Christian conference in Togo, West Africa, and the pair got engaged earlier this year.

The men are due to ‘marry’ on October 9 at the Register Office in Devizes before having a service at St John the Baptist church.

However, the service will not be a blessing, which is forbidden by the Anglican hierarchy for homosexual couples. But Stephen Green, director of campaign group Christian Voice, yesterday described Mr Coward’s marriage ‘an abomination before God’.

Mr Green added: ‘Mr Coward is just an emotionally disturbed man trying to inflict his predilections on the rest of the Church I fail to recognise him as a Christian because he doesn’t keep the commandments of Lord Jesus.’ A spokesman for the Diocese of Salisbury confirmed it has permitted the service to go ahead but described it as ‘separate’ from the civil ceremony.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1304674/Gay-vicar-65-marry-Nigerian-male-model-half-age.html

I hope you're not trying to start something with the above story, like blaming the Christian church or the Christian Bible's perspective on homosexuality. This should be a peaceful thread.

Shabuya;3132139 said:

I heard its not doing to well at the box office, my family saw the first one though.

Agent M;3149154 said:
However, the service will not be a blessing, which is forbidden by the Anglican hierarchy for homosexual couples. But Stephen Green, director of campaign group Christian Voice, yesterday described Mr Coward’s marriage ‘an abomination before God’.

Mr Green added: ‘Mr Coward is just an emotionally disturbed man trying to inflict his predilections on the rest of the Church I fail to recognise him as a Christian because he doesn’t keep the commandments of Lord Jesus.’ A spokesman for the Diocese of Salisbury confirmed it has permitted the service to go ahead but described it as ‘separate’ from the civil ceremony.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1304674/Gay-vicar-65-marry-Nigerian-male-model-half-age.html

Exactly you cant be Christian and Gay.

Alma;3149307 said:
I hope you're not trying to start something with the above story, like blaming the Christian church or the Christian Bible's perspective on homosexuality. This should be a peaceful thread.

i'm pretty sure he's just informing us.

Agent M;3149154 said:
Gay Vicar, 65, to 'Marry' Nigerian Male Model [Less Than] Half His Age

Rev Coward plans to refuse the request that he remain celibate

To former vicar Colin Coward, it is nothing short of a marriage made in heaven. But the 65-year-old is expected to raise a few traditional eyebrows when he walks down the aisle with the man in his life – a 25-year-old Nigerian model called Bobby.

Mr Coward and his African partner are due to hold a civil partnership later this year, followed by a service at the vicar’s church, St John the Baptist church in Devizes, Wiltshire.

The couple met at a Christian conference three years ago, and are planning to make their relationship official in a few weeks’ time.

19b24b19.jpg

The pair describe themselves as 'deeply committed Christians' and say they are determined to have the church service

Bobby Ikekhuame Egbele, a fashion designer and model, grew up in Nigeria and runs an online clothes shop. Currently in the UK on a holiday visa, he and his ‘husband-to-be’ are waiting for the green light from the Borders Agency, which has requested details of their relationship and residency.

This is expected to be a formality but the ‘marriage’ cannot go ahead until permission is granted. Mr Egbele, who will then become a British citizen, said yesterday: ‘I’m excited about the wedding and that people are interested in it.

‘We want it to be a public thing to inspire other people, but a marriage is also private so that feels a bit strange.’

Mr Coward, who is no longer employed by the Church but still has permission to preach, added that he hopes their public commitment will set an example to other gay people within the Anglican community.

Mr Coward, who lives with Mr Egbele in the Wiltshire village of Marston, said: ‘My goal is for everyone within the Church to feel comfortable with the situation because at the moment the majority of gay Christians marry secretly.

‘It is a taboo subject but the Church is now under huge pressure to change its stance and that pressure will only increase in the future. '

‘Clearly the blessing is going to be quite a sensitive issue. I know that many people will see it and view it with horror. But we are both deeply committed Christians so it would be unthinkable for me not to do it in church and not to do it with the congregation and with all of our friends.‘

'I hope my wedding will inspire others and set a visible example to the church that we are not afraid.’

3cdf05ac.jpg

Reverend Colin Coward fell in love with Nigerian model Bobby Egbele after they met at a Christian conference in Togo in 2007. The pair plan to tie the knot in October

Mr Coward, a former architect and now a gay campaigner, met Mr Egbele in 2007 at a Christian conference in Togo, West Africa, and the pair got engaged earlier this year.

The men are due to ‘marry’ on October 9 at the Register Office in Devizes before having a service at St John the Baptist church.

Leviticus 18
<SUP>22</SUP> “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable."

Romans 1
<SUP>26"</SUP> Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. <SUP id=en-NIV-27958 class=versenum>27</SUP> In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error "

1 Corinthians 6
<SUP>9</SUP> "Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men<SUP class=footnote value='[a]'>[a]</SUP> <SUP id=en-NIV-28478 class=versenum>10</SUP> nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

This is what the Bible says about homosexuality
No judgement here from me only quotations

Here in Finland there has been a lot of discussion in media during this fall/winter about homos' rights. There was show where they talked about that and people got angry and over 50 000 people have left church in two months (two months ago the show aired).

I'd just quote the Bible. I don't want argue with anyone now.

It's Christmas! God bless all of you! :)

There's nothing wrong to quote the Bible

What we only can do is not to hate them or despise them.......IMO

May God bless you all and Merry Christmas for everyone! :hug:

Merry Christmas and God bless ya all :group:

hey everybody hope for u all to have a great christmas, God Bless each and every one of you :)

serena williams;3150543 said:
Leviticus 18
<sup>22</sup> “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable."

Romans 1
<sup>26"</sup> Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. <sup id="en-NIV-27958" class="versenum">27</sup> In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error "

1 Corinthians 6
<sup>9</sup> "Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men<sup class="footnote" value="[<a href=&quot;http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/#fen-NIV-28477a&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;>a</a>]">[a]</sup> <sup id="en-NIV-28478" class="versenum">10</sup> nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

No judgement here from me only quotations

Evilman;3152078 said:
Here in Finland there has been a lot of discussion in media during this fall/winter about homos' rights. There was show where they talked about that and people got angry and over 50 000 people have left church in two months (two months ago the show aired).

I'd just quote the Bible. I don't want argue with anyone now.

dangerous2000watts;3152203 said:
There's nothing wrong to quote the Bible

What we only can do is not to hate them or despise them.......IMO

Alma;3153268 said:
True..

Praying is the only option for this, really.

agree totally but they're trying to censor and ban the Bible these days, that's a big problem.

billyworld99;3154693 said:
hey everybody hope for u all to have a great christmas, God Bless each and every one of you :)

agreed, Merry Christmas to all.:)

agree totally but they're trying to censor and ban the Bible these days, that's a big problem.

I know... Plus, this whole economic and social crisis worldwide is just one major attempt to get people distance themselves from God and His word, and many are. It's debilitating and all. In my country, a few days ago, one of the most shocking public events since 1989 ever occurred. In 1989, we had a terrible revolution, and 21 years ago today, President Ceausescu and the First lady were gunned down. On Christmas Day... I think we're cursed since that horrible day happened. Two days before that year, a man would set himself on fire while skiing, as a protest against the famine and political and social destruction. Poverty here pushed a man to throw himself from the balcony of the Parliament in full view, 2 or 3 days ago, just when our Prime Minister was about to speak on a new regulation about the education system that they adopted nonetheless, regardless of the man's extreme gesture. He's gonna make it, thankfully, but he's gonna need major monitoring... It's terrible in here, that I'm amazed how meek or debilitated people are that they're not really protesting, and that it takes people like that man (who did a terrible mistake, although was desperate), and a teacher (who starved herself for 70 days) for the authorities to wake up, and they still don't. It's a weird state, and those who govern our country seem to be in this trance that obliterates their reason, for they only act against the society with all the cuts and thefts they do. Cutting each single income, no matter how low, and devoting an impossible huge budget for 2011 for the Secret Services, enough to cover for all and reduce or even eliminate the crisis here. Same goes for other places, too, I'm sure.

It also takes to visit this forum at times, to conclude there's a lot of hatred in people and that they're very much clueless about God..... Or watching a music video from today..

... Not to sound that apocalyptic, but one can't help it but think these times we're living are decisive and turning to God is essential for our survival, because that's what it is about nowadays, no matter how rich many may be in tangible things, but many are losing their souls. It's all about surviving extreme tests of the enemy today.....

Last edited:

Merry Christmas to all and may the Lord be with you. Happy Birthday Jesus...Thank you for being my Lord and Savior.

Saint John of the Cross' explanation for Christmas

Given this most special time, i would like to share with you all a poem by Spanish mystic Saint John of Cross who is celebrated on December 14th. In one of his many poems he brilliantly puts into words the story of the creation of the world, the communication between the persons of the Holy Trinity and explains the need for Christmas. It is a relatively long read, but one more than worthwhile.

I vaguely remember sharin' these same verses with a friend of mine one year ago and proposing to read them out by some fireplace the original Spanish version while he read this English one...we were talkin' ants and amoebas and all kinda small creatures and wonderin' how and why God would have such a special role for our lives.

He does have a special purpose for each and every single one of us. What we must struggle though is to find it and seek it relentlessly, no matter what. His will and His plan are bigger and more important than anything we could ever imagine, hope or want.

In the beginning the Word

was; he lived in God

and possessed in him

his infinite happiness.

That same Word was God,

who is the Beginning;

he was in the beginning

and had no beginning.

He was himself the Beginning

and therefore had no beginning.

The Word is called Son;

he was born of the Beginning

who had always conceived him,

giving of his substance always,

yet always possessing it.

And thus the glory of the Son

was the Father's glory,

and the Father possessed

all his glory in the Son.

As the lover in the beloved

each lived in the other,

and the Love that unites them

is one with them,

their equal, excellent as

the One and the Other:

Three Persons, and one Beloved

among all three.

One love in them all

makes of them one Lover,

and the Lover is the Beloved

in whom each one lives.

For the being that the three possess

each of them possesses,

and each of them loves

him who bears this being.

Each one is this being,

which alone unites them,

binding them deeply,

one beyond words.

Thus it is a boundless Love that unites them,

for the three have one love

which is their essence;

and the more love is one

the more it is love.

2. On the communication among the Three Persons.

In that immense love

proceeding from the two

the Father spoke words

of great affection to the Son,

words of such profound delight

that no one understood them;

they were meant for the Son,

and he alone rejoiced in them.

What he heard

was this:

"My Son, only your

company contents me,

and when something pleases me

I love that thing in you;

whoever resembles you most

satisfies me most,

and whoever is like you in nothing

will find nothing in me.

I am pleased with you alone,

O life of my life!

You are the light of my light,

you are my wisdom,

the image of my substance

in whom I am well pleased.

My Son, I will give myself

to him who loves you

and I will love him

with the same love I have for you,

because he has loved

you whom I love so".

3. On creation

"My Son, I wish to give you

a bride who will love you.

Because of you she will deserve

to share our company,

and eat at our table,

the same bread I eat,

that she may know the good

I have in such a Son;

and rejoice with me

in your grace and fullness."

"I am very grateful,"

the Son answered;

"I will show my brightness

to the bride you give me,

so that by it she may see

how great my Father is,

and how I have received

my being from your being.

I will hold her in my arms

and she will burn with your love,

and with eternal delight

she will exalt your goodness".

4. Continues

"Let it be done, then," said the Father,

for your love has deserved it.

And by these words

the world was created,

a palace for the bride

made with great wisdom

and divided into rooms,

one above, the other below.

The lower was furnished

with infinite variety,

while the higher was made

beautiful

with marvelous jewels,

that the bride might know

the Bridegroom she had.

The orders of angels

were placed in the higher,

but humanity was given

the lower place,

for it was, in its being,

a lesser thing.

And though beings and places

were divided in this way,

yet all form one,

who is called the bride;

for love of the same Bridegroom

made one bride of them.

Those higher ones possessed

the Bridegroom in gladness;

the lower in hope, founded

on the faith that he infused in them,

telling them that one day

he would exalt them,

and that he would lift them

up from their lowness

so that no one

could mock it any more;

for he would make himself

wholly like them,

and he would come to them

and dwell with them;

and God would be man

and man would be God,

and he would walk with them

and eat and drink with them;

and he himself would be

with them continually

until the consummation

of this world,

when, joined, they would rejoice

in eternal song;

for he was the Head

of this bride of his

to whom all the members

of the just would be joined,

who form the body of the bride.

He would take her

tenderly in his arms

and there give her his love;

and when they were thus one,

he would lift her to the Father

where God's very joy

would be her joy.

For as the Father and the Son

and he who proceeds from them

live in one another,

so it would be with the bride;

for, taken wholly into God,

she will live the life of God.

5. Continues

By this bright hope

which came to them from above,

their wearying labors

were lightened;

but the drawn-out waiting

and their growing desire

to rejoice with their Bridegroom

wore on them continually.

So, with prayers

and sighs and suffering,

with tears and moanings

they asked night and day

that now he would determine

to grant them his company.

Some said: "If only

this joy would come in my time!"

Others: "Come, Lord,

send him whom you will send!"

And others: "Oh, if only these heavens

would break, and with my own eyes

I could see him descending;

then I would stop my crying out".

"Oh, clouds, rain down from your height,

earth needs you,

and let the earth open,

which has borne us thorns;

let it bring forth that flower

that would be its flowering."

Others said: "What gladness

for him who is living then,

who will be able to see God

with his own eyes,

and touch him with his hand

and walk with him

and enjoy the mysteries

which he will then ordain".

6. Continues

In these and other prayers

a long time had passed;

but in the later years

their fervor swelled and grew

when the aged Simeon

burned with longing,

and begged God that he

might see this day.

And so the Holy Spirit

answering the good old man

gave him his word

that he would not see death

until he saw Life

descending from the heights,

until he took God himself

into his own hands

and holding him in his arms,

pressed him to himself.

7. The Incarnation

Now that the time had come

when it would be good

to ransom the bride

serving under the hard yoke

of that law

which Moses had given her,

the Father, with tender love,

spoke in this way:

"Now you see, Son, that your bride

was made in your image,

and so far as she is like you

she will suit you well;

yet she is different, in her flesh,

which your simple being does not have.

In perfect love

this law holds:

that the lover become

like the one he loves;

for the greater their likeness

the greater their delight.

Surely your bride's delight

would greatly increase

were she to see you like her,

in her own flesh".

"My will is yours,"

the Son replied,

"and my glory is

that your will be mine.

This is fitting, Father,

what you, the Most High, say;

for in this way

your goodness will be more

evident,

your great power will be seen

and your justice and wisdom.

I will go and tell the world,

spreading the word

of your beauty and sweetness

and of your sovereignty.

I will go seek my bride

and take upon myself

her weariness and labors

in which she suffers so;

and that she may have life,

I will die for her,

and lifting her out of that deep,

I will restore her to you".

8. Continues

Then he called

the archangel Gabriel

and sent him to

the virgin Mary,

at whose consent

the mystery was wrought,

in whom the Trinity

clothed the Word with flesh.

and though Three work this,

it is wrought in the One;

and the Word lived incarnate

in the womb of Mary.

And he who had only a Father

now had a Mother too,

but she was not like others

who conceive by man.

From her own flesh

he received his flesh,

so he is called

Son of God and of man.

9. The Birth

When the time had come

for him to be born,

he went forth like the

bridegroom

from his bridal chamber,

embracing his bride,

holding her in his arms,

whom the gracious Mother

laid in a manger

among some animals

that were there at that time.

Men sang songs

and angels melodies

celebrating the marriage

of Two such as these.

But God there in the manger

cried and moaned;

and these tears were jewels

the bride brought to the

wedding.

The Mother gazed in sheer wonder

on such an exchange:

in God, man's weeping,

and in man, gladness,

to the one and the other

things usually so strange.

For those of you who know Spanish - thinks Marta ;) , here are the original verses - at the middle of the page, no.9 - Romances http://www.mercaba.org/DOCTORES/JUAN-CRUZ/poesias.htm

May God bless you all and Merry Christmas for everyone! :hug:

Merry Christmas and God bless ya all :group:

Happy Holidays to all.

Merry Christmas to all and may the Lord be with you. Happy Birthday Jesus...Thank you for being my Lord and Savior.

Merry Christmas everybody :)

christmasicon.jpg

Alma dear, i'm really sorry to hear about the situation in your country. These days are difficult for the entire world, seems like you guys got it a bit worse than others though. God bless you all.

I heard its not doing to well at the box office, my family saw the first one though.

I really don't care how it's doin' at the box office. I loved it. You should really take your girls to see it and Prince Caspian as well.

Re: Saint John of the Cross' explanation for Christmas

Given this most special time, i would like to share with you all a poem by Spanish mystic Saint John of Cross who is celebrated on December 14th. In one of his many poems he brilliantly puts into words the story of the creation of the world, the communication between the persons of the Holy Trinity and explains the need for Christmas. It is a relatively long read, but one more than worthwhile.

I vaguely remember sharin' these same verses with a friend of mine one year ago and proposing to read them out by some fireplace the original Spanish version while he read this English one...we were talkin' ants and amoebas and all kinda small creatures and wonderin' how and why God would have such a special role for our lives.

He does have a special purpose for each and every single one of us. What we must struggle though is to find it and seek it relentlessly, no matter what. His will and His plan are bigger and more important than anything we could ever imagine, hope or want.

In the beginning the Word

was; he lived in God

and possessed in him

his infinite happiness.

That same Word was God,

who is the Beginning;

he was in the beginning

and had no beginning.

He was himself the Beginning

and therefore had no beginning.

The Word is called Son;

he was born of the Beginning

who had always conceived him,

giving of his substance always,

yet always possessing it.

And thus the glory of the Son

was the Father's glory,

and the Father possessed

all his glory in the Son.

As the lover in the beloved

each lived in the other,

and the Love that unites them

is one with them,

their equal, excellent as

the One and the Other:

Three Persons, and one Beloved

among all three.

One love in them all

makes of them one Lover,

and the Lover is the Beloved

in whom each one lives.

For the being that the three possess

each of them possesses,

and each of them loves

him who bears this being.

Each one is this being,

which alone unites them,

binding them deeply,

one beyond words.

Thus it is a boundless Love that unites them,

for the three have one love

which is their essence;

and the more love is one

the more it is love.

2. On the communication among the Three Persons.

In that immense love

proceeding from the two

the Father spoke words

of great affection to the Son,

words of such profound delight

that no one understood them;

they were meant for the Son,

and he alone rejoiced in them.

What he heard

was this:

"My Son, only your

company contents me,

and when something pleases me

I love that thing in you;

whoever resembles you most

satisfies me most,

and whoever is like you in nothing

will find nothing in me.

I am pleased with you alone,

O life of my life!

You are the light of my light,

you are my wisdom,

the image of my substance

in whom I am well pleased.

My Son, I will give myself

to him who loves you

and I will love him

with the same love I have for you,

because he has loved

you whom I love so".

3. On creation

"My Son, I wish to give you

a bride who will love you.

Because of you she will deserve

to share our company,

and eat at our table,

the same bread I eat,

that she may know the good

I have in such a Son;

and rejoice with me

in your grace and fullness."

"I am very grateful,"

the Son answered;

"I will show my brightness

to the bride you give me,

so that by it she may see

how great my Father is,

and how I have received

my being from your being.

I will hold her in my arms

and she will burn with your love,

and with eternal delight

she will exalt your goodness".

4. Continues

"Let it be done, then," said the Father,

for your love has deserved it.

And by these words

the world was created,

a palace for the bride

made with great wisdom

and divided into rooms,

one above, the other below.

The lower was furnished

with infinite variety,

while the higher was made

beautiful

with marvelous jewels,

that the bride might know

the Bridegroom she had.

The orders of angels

were placed in the higher,

but humanity was given

the lower place,

for it was, in its being,

a lesser thing.

And though beings and places

were divided in this way,

yet all form one,

who is called the bride;

for love of the same Bridegroom

made one bride of them.

Those higher ones possessed

the Bridegroom in gladness;

the lower in hope, founded

on the faith that he infused in them,

telling them that one day

he would exalt them,

and that he would lift them

up from their lowness

so that no one

could mock it any more;

for he would make himself

wholly like them,

and he would come to them

and dwell with them;

and God would be man

and man would be God,

and he would walk with them

and eat and drink with them;

and he himself would be

with them continually

until the consummation

of this world,

when, joined, they would rejoice

in eternal song;

for he was the Head

of this bride of his

to whom all the members

of the just would be joined,

who form the body of the bride.

He would take her

tenderly in his arms

and there give her his love;

and when they were thus one,

he would lift her to the Father

where God's very joy

would be her joy.

For as the Father and the Son

and he who proceeds from them

live in one another,

so it would be with the bride;

for, taken wholly into God,

she will live the life of God.

5. Continues

By this bright hope

which came to them from above,

their wearying labors

were lightened;

but the drawn-out waiting

and their growing desire

to rejoice with their Bridegroom

wore on them continually.

So, with prayers

and sighs and suffering,

with tears and moanings

they asked night and day

that now he would determine

to grant them his company.

Some said: "If only

this joy would come in my time!"

Others: "Come, Lord,

send him whom you will send!"

And others: "Oh, if only these heavens

would break, and with my own eyes

I could see him descending;

then I would stop my crying out".

"Oh, clouds, rain down from your height,

earth needs you,

and let the earth open,

which has borne us thorns;

let it bring forth that flower

that would be its flowering."

Others said: "What gladness

for him who is living then,

who will be able to see God

with his own eyes,

and touch him with his hand

and walk with him

and enjoy the mysteries

which he will then ordain".

6. Continues

In these and other prayers

a long time had passed;

but in the later years

their fervor swelled and grew

when the aged Simeon

burned with longing,

and begged God that he

might see this day.

And so the Holy Spirit

answering the good old man

gave him his word

that he would not see death

until he saw Life

descending from the heights,

until he took God himself

into his own hands

and holding him in his arms,

pressed him to himself.

7. The Incarnation

Now that the time had come

when it would be good

to ransom the bride

serving under the hard yoke

of that law

which Moses had given her,

the Father, with tender love,

spoke in this way:

"Now you see, Son, that your bride

was made in your image,

and so far as she is like you

she will suit you well;

yet she is different, in her flesh,

which your simple being does not have.

In perfect love

this law holds:

that the lover become

like the one he loves;

for the greater their likeness

the greater their delight.

Surely your bride's delight

would greatly increase

were she to see you like her,

in her own flesh".

"My will is yours,"

the Son replied,

"and my glory is

that your will be mine.

This is fitting, Father,

what you, the Most High, say;

for in this way

your goodness will be more

evident,

your great power will be seen

and your justice and wisdom.

I will go and tell the world,

spreading the word

of your beauty and sweetness

and of your sovereignty.

I will go seek my bride

and take upon myself

her weariness and labors

in which she suffers so;

and that she may have life,

I will die for her,

and lifting her out of that deep,

I will restore her to you".

8. Continues

Then he called

the archangel Gabriel

and sent him to

the virgin Mary,

at whose consent

the mystery was wrought,

in whom the Trinity

clothed the Word with flesh.

and though Three work this,

it is wrought in the One;

and the Word lived incarnate

in the womb of Mary.

And he who had only a Father

now had a Mother too,

but she was not like others

who conceive by man.

From her own flesh

he received his flesh,

so he is called

Son of God and of man.

9. The Birth

When the time had come

for him to be born,

he went forth like the

bridegroom

from his bridal chamber,

embracing his bride,

holding her in his arms,

whom the gracious Mother

laid in a manger

among some animals

that were there at that time.

Men sang songs

and angels melodies

celebrating the marriage

of Two such as these.

But God there in the manger

cried and moaned;

and these tears were jewels

the bride brought to the

wedding.

The Mother gazed in sheer wonder

on such an exchange:

in God, man's weeping,

and in man, gladness,

to the one and the other

things usually so strange.

For those of you who know Spanish - thinks Marta ;) , here are the original verses - at the middle of the page, no.9 - Romances http://www.mercaba.org/DOCTORES/JUAN-CRUZ/poesias.htm

Merry Christmas everybody :)

christmasicon.jpg

Alma dear, i'm really sorry to hear about the situation in your country. These days are difficult for the entire world, seems like you guys got it a bit worse than others though. God bless you all.

I really don't care how it's doin' at the box office. I loved it. You should really take your girls to see it and Prince Caspian as well.

Hi you all Jesus lovers! I just found this thread and I started to read it. First I wanted to wish you all a peaceful merry Christmas!!!
Yes, I love Jesus too. He's a wonderful Model and spiritual Guide for me. I do not agree with everything in Christianity belief(s) but Jesus is my Loving Brother and one of my Beacons of Light. He is Light (to me). There are other Spiritual Guides that I love too.
I moved from pure Christianity to a more mystical Sufi Path, but Jesus still has his big place in it and the Path deepens my faith, my love, my trust in God, Jesus and great spiritual Teachers (Michael is one!).

Thank you for the beautiful poem Shabuya! I love Christian mystici like St. John of the Cross, Theresa di Avila, Eckhart, Margareta Porete and others...

Love to you all!

Last edited:

I was misleading... I didn't read all posts and I thought the post was about gay rights. I'm really sorry. (Since English is not my first language, it's still demanding to read all posts. I'm really sorry, again. I didn't want to be rude... )

Yes.. We should not allow people ban the Bible and hate Christians.

Someone told me that there's no God yesterday , but I know he's living in us and his angels are protecting me.......
I could have been shocking because the person is someone I thought we are close...
but it wasn't that shocking.
I think that's my fault. If I was so full of joy and stable, the person might have thought I was Godly person and couldn't say like that.

I have read about and met many great Christian. I wish I could be more like them.

That's my new year's resolution.

Hope you are having a great day! God bless you all. Just want to let you know you are blessed!

Leviticus 18

Romans 1

1 Corinthians 6

You forgot Exodus 20:17 which says:

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his man-servant, nor his maid-servant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor anything that is thy neighbor's.

When Juese was born a star was born in the same exact time ! is n't this amazing !

As creator of this thread, I wanted to take the time to thank you all for keeping it going. Between work, and other things that demand my time, I can't be here as much as I would like. I hope you all had a wonderful CHRISTmas, and hope you will have a blessed New Year.

That being said, I have been reading some of the posts about gay's and the Bible. It is true, and the bible even states it. It's a sin. You can't be gay and be a Christian. People can not re-write the bible to attend to their needs and to justify their actions. These are my feelings.

Last edited:

Thought this wasn't a debate thread? Why use scripture here to debate, if it is not a debate thread????

Anyway, yes. I do. Kind of. :)

As creator of this thread, I wanted to take the time to thank you all for keeping it going. Between work, and other things that demand my time, I can't be here as much as I would like. I hope you all had a wonderful CHRISTmas, and hope you will have a blessed New Year.

That being said, I have been reading some of the posts about gay's and the Bible. It is true, and the bible even states it. It's a sin. You can't be gay and be a Christian. People can not re-write the bible to attend to their needs and to justify their actions. These are my feelings.

Agreed....

These days we are also celebrating the first Christian martyr - Saint Stephen. Saint Paul, at that time still Saul from the spiritual standpoint, was in the crowd witnessing his martyrdom. Amazing how a persecutor of Christians became the Apostle of the Gentiles, isn't it? The Lord works not only in mysterious, but most of all in wondrous ways.

stephen_icon.jpg

st-stephen.jpg

Thousand upon thousands of Christian martyrs followed Saint Stephen - from the persecution of Christians in the Roman Empire to current day martyrs of all denominations in all parts of the world, missionaries and priests sacrificing themselves. When i was at the Colosseum in Rome for the Via Crucis on Good Friday this year i couldn't help but think of all those who gave their life there as a testimony for their faith in Christ.

Today i'm thinking most of a very special friend of mine whose name is Stephen. Last week as i was sitting in a coffee shop and writing him a 2 page letter and a Christmas card, i was being overwhelmed with gratitude. I really hope they arrived by today and he has read them. I cannot truly express my gratitude to him for all he has done. I am really in his debt. I´ve known him for years, but i only saw him this March and at that point i had no idea how much we would connect. I hope to see him again on New Year's. He has lightened my burdens throughout this terrible year. When other friends couldn´t be there for me, he was and because of that they were there as well. I'd love to be able to do something in return next year. So...THANK YOU.....again Stephen.

God bless you my friend. God bless you and your loved ones (your fiancé is very lucky and blessed to have you by her side) and God bless all (y)our friends.
*military salute* :cheeky:

And although in Budapest the Basilica is dedicated to another saint Stephen - the Hungarian king who through his baptism Christened an entire most beautiful nation, i'd also like to share with you all a picture which shows the dome of St. István.

20080516020248_img_46731.jpg

That church was my spiritual home many years ago and i remember all the occasions when i was praying there during Michael's trial for his freedom, his family and his defense team. It was nothing special really. I know many were doing the same all over the world. The Lord heard all our prayers and He delivered him from his enemies.

Garden;3156231 said:
Hi you all Jesus lovers! I just found this thread and I started to read it. First I wanted to wish you all a peaceful merry Christmas!!! Yes, I love Jesus too.

Thank you for the beautiful poem Shabuya! I love Christian mystici like St. John of the Cross, Theresa di Avila, Eckhart, Margareta Porete and others...

Love to you all!

You are most welcome, i'm glad you enjoyed the poem by San Juan de la Cruz. Welcome to the thread as well.

Jesus lover - what a beautiful definition. Above and beyond anything else i might be, that is my first identity indeed - a Jesus lover.

Love to you as well :)

dangerous2000watts;3156358 said:
I was misleading... I didn't read all posts and I thought the post was about gay rights. I'm really sorry. (Since English is not my first language, it's still demanding to read all posts. I'm really sorry, again. I didn't want to be rude... )

Yes.. We should not allow people ban the Bible and hate Christians.

Someone told me that there's no God yesterday , but I know he's living in us and his angels are protecting me.......
I could have been shocking because the person is someone I thought we are close...
but it wasn't that shocking.
I think that's my fault. If I was so full of joy and stable, the person might have thought I was Godly person and couldn't say like that.

I have read about and met many great Christian. I wish I could be more like them.

That's my new year's resolution.

Hope you are having a great day! God bless you all. Just want to let you know you are blessed!

Oh honey......i feel so much sadness in your words. I'm truly sorry you feel that way, but please DO NOT feel guilty about anything. You are a godly person. The Lord certainly accepts whatever it is you can give to Him now. He knows you because He created you. He cares for you and He loves you unconditionally, you don't have to do anything to deserve His love. Jesus payed the price when He came into the world, suffered for all of us on the cross and was raised from the tomb conquering sin and death so we can all find eternity.

You are, as all of us, a work in progress. He knows that and He doesn't demand from you anything more than you can give Him right now. Of course there is room for growth in every single one of us, but our God is a merciful Lord and is always by our side, especially in our moments of frailty. Never doubt that.

You too are blessed. God bless you honey - today and everyday.

Ohood;3157146 said:
When Juese was born a star was born in the same exact time ! is n't this amazing !

Everything is amazing about Christ, isn't it? :)

Earth_Song1;3157366 said:

THANK YOU once more from the bottom of my soul for creating such a beautiful thread. God bless you my friend and may the new year upon us bring you great blessings.

I share your feelings about all else.

MsCassieMollie;3157487 said:
Today is my 21st birthday! :D

37.gif

May you have a blessed birthday honey. Now u can even drive if u want to :giggle: just take care not to do it while tired, trust me, i know what i'm talkin' bout.

Last edited:
Back