Christian Members

Re: Any Believers in Jesus Christ Here? (Non-debate thread for believers only)

Im not an American, but on their money they have "in God We trust." Still it seems life and christian values are degenerating everywhere and I guess that is what the bible warns.

It is also a free country so people are entitled to do what they wish within the law and to be a demcratic society, otherwise you would be under some sort of control or communism.

I had this email sent to me recently I hope it is not out of place to put it here but as far as I understand it is true and there is a website or news article on it if you google.....
BODY { OVERFLOW-X: hidden; OVERFLOW-Y: hidden}HTML { OVERFLOW-X: hidden; OVERFLOW-Y: hidden}

.externalclass .ecxhmmessage P { PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px}.externalclass BODY.ecxhmmessage { FONT-FAMILY: tahoma; FONT-SIZE: 10pt}

In

President Truman

Established one day a year as a
"NationalDay of Prayer."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In

President Reagan

Designated the
First Thursday in May of each year as

The National
Dayof Prayer.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In June

(then)

Presidential
Candidate Barack Obama

Declared that the USA

"Was no longer a
Christian nation."

---------------------------------------------------------------

This year
President Obama

Canceled the
21st annual National Day

Of Prayer ceremony

At the White
House under the ruse
Of "not wanting to offend anyone"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUT... On September 25, 2009

From 4 AM until 7 PM,

A National Day of Prayer

FOR THE MUSLIM RELIGION

Was Held on Capitol Hill,
Beside the White House.

There were over 50,000 Muslims
In D.C. That day.

image001111.jpg

HE PRAYS WITH THE MUSLIMS!

I guess it Doesn't matter

If
"Christians"
Are offended by this event -
We obviously
Don't count as

"anyone" Anymore.

The direction this country is headed
Should strike fear in the heart of every Christian,
Especially knowing that the
Muslim religion believes that if Christians cannot be
Converted, they should be annihilated.

This is not a Rumor

Go to the website
To confirm this info:

(
http://www.islamoncapitolhill.com/ )

Pay particular attention to the very bottom of the page:

"OUR TIME HAS COME"

I hope that this information will stir your spirit.

The words of
2 Chronicles 7:14
"If my people, Who are called by my Name,
Will humble themselves And pray,
And seek my face, and Turn from their Wicked ways,
Then will I hear from Heaven
And will forgive their Sin and will heal Their land."

We must pray for Our nation, our communities,
Our families, and especially our children.
They are the ones who are going to suffer the most.

If we don't PRAY
May God have Mercy.

IN GOD WE TRUST.

Mystery of mass animal death epidemic deepens after 8,000 turtle doves fall dead in Italy with strange blue stain on their beaks

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ead-fish-wash-Maryland-bay.html#ixzz1ALv71kw5

Thousands of dead turtle doves rained down on roofs and cars in an Italian town in the latest in a growing spate of mass animal deaths across the globe.

Residents in Faenza described the birds falling to the ground like 'little Christmas balls' with strange blue stains on their beaks.

Initial tests on up to 8,000 of the doves indicated that the blue stain could have been caused by poisoning or hypoxia.
Mystery: 8,000 turtle doves fell to the ground dead in Faenza, Italy, and were found to have a blue stain around their beaks

Mystery: 8,000 turtle doves fell to the ground dead in Faenza, Italy, and were found to have a blue stain around their beaks

Shock: Residents described seeing individual doves fall from the sky, before groups of 10 or 20 began hitting roofs and cars

Shock: Residents described seeing individual doves fall from the sky, before groups of 10 or 20 began hitting roofs and cars

A witness told www.examiner.com: 'We have no idea why this happened all of a sudden.

'The doves just started falling one-by-one then in groups of 10s and 20s.'

Hypoxia, a lack of oxygen, is known to cause confusion and illness in animals. It is also a common precursor to altitude sickness.

Experts said results from tests on the doves will not be available for at least a week.

They said that cold weather could have caused the birds' deaths as the flock was swept into a high-altitude wind storm before falling to the earth.

It comes after two million dead fish were found to have washed up on shores in Chesapeake Bay, Maryland.

The alarming find is being blamed by authorities in Maryland on the stress caused by unusually cold water and overbreeding among spot fish.
Mystery: Experts said they believed the blue colouration around the doves' beaks may indicate poisoning or lack of oxygen

Mystery: Experts said they believed the blue colouration around the doves' beaks may indicate poisoning or lack of oxygen
Littering the beach: The bodies of two million spot fish have washed up on the shores of Chesapeake Bay, Maryland, after unusually cold weather

Littering the beach: The bodies of two million spot fish have washed up on the shores of Chesapeake Bay, Maryland, after unusually cold weather

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ead-fish-wash-Maryland-bay.html#ixzz1ALvNtd7B
That investigation comes just days after the deaths of an estimated 100,000 fish in northwest Arkansas, which is being blamed on disease.

A statement by the Maryland Department of the Environment said: 'Natural causes appear to be the reason.

'Cold water stress exacerbated by a large population of the affected species (juvenile spot fish) appears to be the cause of the kill.'

Preliminary tests of the water in Chesapeake Bay have showed the quality was acceptable, officials said.

The statement added: 'The affected fish are almost exclusively juvenile spot fish, three to six inches in length.

'A recent survey showed a very strong population of spot in the bay this year. An increased juvenile population and limited deep water habitat would likely compound the effects of cold water stress.'
Gruesome: New Year revellers watched in horror as the birds rained down on houses and cars in Beebe

Gruesome: New Year revellers watched in horror as the birds rained down on houses and cars in Beebe

Mystery: Officials initially blamed high-altitude hail or lightning hitting the birds. Then preliminary lab tests concluded they had died from ¿multiple blunt force trauma¿

Mystery: Officials initially blamed high-altitude hail or lightning hitting the birds. Then preliminary lab tests concluded they had died from multiple blunt force trauma

Mystery: A starling lies along the Morganza Highway in Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana. Experts said hundreds of birds may have died after hitting power lines

Mystery: A starling lies along the Morganza Highway in Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana. Experts said hundreds of birds may have died after hitting power lines

Mass winter deaths among spot fish have occurred twice before in the Maryland area - in 1976 and 1980.

The incident is the latest mass animal death to hit the headlines in the last two weeks.

These include:

* 450 red-winged blackbirds, brown-headed cowbirds, grackles and starlings found littering a highway in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
* 3,000 blackbirds on roofs and roads in the small town of Beebe, Arkansas
* Thousands of 'devil crabs' washed up along the Kent coast near Thanet
* Thousands of drum fish washed along a 20-mile stretch of the Arkansas River
* Two million small fish in Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
* Thousands of dead fish found floating in warm Florida creek
* Hundreds of snapper fish found dead in New Zealand
* Scores of American Coots found dead on Texas highway bridge

Experts have speculated that New Year fireworks, thunderstorms, cold weather, parasites and even poisoning may be behind the deaths.

But conspiracy theorists have also speculated on the internet that secret government experiments could be behind them, with some even claiming it was a sign of a looming Armageddon at the end of the Mayan calendar next year.

Tests are being carried out on the dead birds and fish, but results are not expected for several weeks.
The plot thickens: Rescue chief Christer Olofsson holds a dead bird in Falkoping, Sweden. Dozens of jackdaws were found dead on the street

The plot thickens: Rescue chief Christer Olofsson holds a dead bird in Falkoping, Sweden. Dozens of jackdaws were found dead on the street
Creepy: Thousands of dead drum fish were also discovered just miles away lining the shores of the Arkansas River

Creepy: Thousands of dead drum fish were also discovered just miles away lining the shores of the Arkansas River

Scientists have been baffled by the sudden deaths of hundreds of birds which have plummeted to the ground seemingly simultaneously in several locations.

Two hundred American Coots were found dead on a highway bridge crossing Lake O' the Pines in Big Cypress Creek, Texas.

They are believed to have been hit by passing vehicles while walking or apparently trying to roost on the bridge.

Swedish experts blamed the shock of New Year fireworks for the unexplained deaths of 50 jackdaws found on a street in Falkoping, Sweden.

Many of the birds are believed to have died from stress or as a result of being run over while disoriented.

The largest incident took place in Beebe, Arkansas, were horrified revellers witnessed around 3,000 blackbirds crashing to their deaths into homes, cars and each other as they celebrated New Year.

Another 450 birds were found strewn along a highway in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, after apparently hitting overhead power lines.

In both cases, the birds are believed to have become confused and were flying at a lower height than usual.

The deaths of tons of fish across the globe is being attributed to unusually cold water.

Thousands of Brazilian fishermen have been left struggling to make ends meet after the sale of seafood was temporarily suspended when masses of fish were discovered in Paranaguá, Antonina and Guaraqueçaba Pontal do Paraná.

Fish were also discovered rotting and floating in Spruce Creek, Florida, after another period of cold weather.

100,000 drum fish were found strewn along the shore of the Arkansas River.

And the cold snap has been blamed for the deaths of 40,000 Velvet swimming crabs - known as 'devil crabs - found littering beaches in Thanet, Kent.
Thousands of them: Crabs washed up at Palm Bay, Margate, are thought to have died of hypothermia

Thousands of them: Crabs washed up at Palm Bay, Margate, are thought to have died of hypothermia

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Two-MILLION-dead-fish-wash-Maryland-bay.html

These are Mass animal/bird deaths worldwide, especially in those countries were God is most forgotten. 8000 turtle doves falling from the sky?........ The dove being the symbol of the Holy Ghost or even Jesus.

John the Baptist preached a baptism for the forgiveness of sins and in so doing he was preparing the way for the Lord.[2] Jesus came to the Jordan River where he was baptized by John at a site traditionally known as Qasr al-Yahud (the Jews' Castle).[2][3][4][5][6][7] This event concluded with the heavens opening, a dove-like descent of the Holy Spirit, and a voice from Heaven saying, "This is my beloved Son with whom I am well pleased."In Eastern Christianity, Jesus' baptism is commemorated on 6 January, the feast of Epiphany. In the Roman Catholic Church, the Anglican Communion, and some other Western denominations, it is recalled on a day within the following week, the feast of the Baptism of the Lord. In Roman Catholicism, the baptism of Jesus is one of the Luminous Mysteries of the Rosary. It is a Trinitarian feast in the Eastern Orthodox Churches.

Residents in Faenza described the birds falling to the ground like 'little Christmas balls' with strange blue stains on their beaks.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ead-fish-wash-Maryland-bay.html#ixzz1ALxifj5n

How God-fearing people, especially non-believers, should become when something this catastrophic and ominous is occuring? Something this massive and paradoxistic: yesterday being the Baptism of Jesus in the Jordan river (the white dove descending on Earth to announce it), this being the call for Humanity to repent for sins and become worthy of receving His holy blood, the Eucharist; the Danube waters were also christened yesterday on here, a turtle dove being released by the bishop, and a cross was thrown to bless the waters. A day celebrating life in Christ. A day after, thousands of turtle doves drop dead in other parts of the world, the descent of the dove taking a whole other meaning.. More innocent beings being sacrificed on this Earth, Jesus becoming a martyr already, though it's not even Easter yet; this earth is becoming the valley of death, when it should become the garden of redemption and life...yet many still don't see how open the Heavens are to warn us. Also, pay attention to the countries where these mass deaths are occuring, they're not random...

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...d=201817256339889828327.0004991bca25af104a22b

ps: strange how my father has just come to my room after me posting the above, to bring me the empty nest of a little bird he once had found and that I almost have forgotten about... The little bird's nest he found dropped from a tree, he saw no bird around, so he took it. God works in mysterious ways, He does..

Last edited:

I hope all of you have a great weekend.

Moderators, please delete. I was having trouble posting. I still can't read the thread properly, but that's truly irrelevant now. Thank you.

Last edited:
As Alma already mentioned, these days we are celebrating the Lord's baptism, the revelation of His divine nature. He who was blameless underwent the process of purification in the Jordan river by John the Baptist, as the 3rd chapter in Saint Matthew's gospel (NIV) tells us:

13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. 14 But John tried to deter him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?”
15 Jesus replied,“Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John consented.

taufe-10.jpg

st-john-baptist.jpg

16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”
jesus-baptism(rh).jpg

Although i am on the road to conversion to Catholicism, in this month full of ecumenical action, i will go ahead and post of couple of commentaries from other branches of Christianity. One of them belongs to Martin Luther himself - “A truly Christian life is nothing else than a daily baptism once begun and ever to be continued.”

The other belongs to Fr. Estephanos Issa, a member of the Syriac Orthodox Church of Canada - "It is essentialfor each Christian individual to ask themselves whether they truly bear the identity of Christ.The identity which sets the children of God apart from the rest, those who renew the vows of baptism and identify themselves as citizens of heaven before earth.Celebrating the epiphany of the Lord is a reminder for us to ask ourselves how much of Christ do we allow to appear in us through our words, our actions, our behavior and our manners.We should come humbly before the Lord and ask Him to include us in the company of His saints to be completely identified with His people and their righteous lives for the Glory of His name."http://www.stbarsaumochurch.com/Sermons/TheEpiphany/tabid/178/Default.aspx

Later this month between January 18 - 25th around the world churches of great many denominations will participate in the Week of prayer for Christian unity which will include common services and moments of prayer and worship. I know i'll sound like a broken record to some, but i cannot help but agree with John Paul II who said the division among Christians is both a sin before God and a scandal before the world. The Lord desires and demands from us a unity of voice and message. He prayed for it.

Crd_Jesus_Jordan_with_John_17.jpg

Although human frailities, wordly considerations and doctrinal differences built over centuries have caused throughout history bloodshed, desent and adversity, it is our duty as Christians of the third millenium to struggle and work together around the most essential elements of our faith which bind us together (such as the baptism) and while respecting the diversity and identity of each confession to work together for the furthering of the Kingdom of God and building a truly credible testimony before the entire world of our common faith in Christ the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth and our Redeemer.

Here are some of the prayers to be used during the upcoming week of prayer which has as theme - One in the Apostles’ Teaching, Fellowship, Breaking of Bread and Prayer (cf. Acts 2:42). For 2011, the churches in Jerusalem were the initial consultants to the Joint Working Group for the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity.

The Christians of Jerusalem call upon their brothers and sisters to make this week of prayer an occasion of renewed commitment to work for genuine ecumenism grounded in the experience of the early Church. http://www.geii.org/wpcu_index.htmIt is also an occasion to pray for peace in the Holy Land and renewal of dialogue with the other two great monoteistic faiths – our Jewish and Muslim brothers who share our belief in one divine source of all creation.

Some of the texts to be used during the services contain the following prayers. If some of you could remember to do this in a few days, it would be great. The complete texts can be found on the site of the Holy See http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/pontifical_councils/chrstuni/weeks-prayer-doc/rc_pc_chrstuni_doc_20100526_week-prayer-2011_en.html

Merciful God, may your life-giving Spirit move in every human heart, that the barriers that divide us may crumble, suspicions disappear, and hatreds cease, and that, with divisions healed, your people might live in justice and peace. We pray to the Lord.
Kyrie, kyrie eleison.
Loving God, hear our prayers for your holy city, Jerusalem. End her suffering and make her whole. Make her your home once again, a city of peace, and a light to all peoples. Foster harmony in the holy city among all her inhabitants. We pray to the Lord.

Litany of Christian Unity
In Christ, the world is reconciled to God who entrusts to us the message of reconciliation. As the ambassadors of Christ’s reconciling work, we make our petitions to God:

When we pray together from our diverse traditions,
Holy One who makes us one, make our unity visible and bring healing to the world.
When we read the Bible together in our diversity of language and context,
Revealing One who makes us one, make our unity visible and bring healing to the world.
When we establish relations of friendships among Jews, Christians and Muslims, when we tear down the wall of indifference and hatred,
Merciful One who makes us one, make our unity visible and bring healing to the world.
When we work for justice and solidarity, when we move from fear to confidence,
Strengthening One who makes us one, make our unity visible and bring healing to the world.
Wherever there is suffering through war and violence, injustice and inequality, disease and prejudice, poverty and hopelessness, drawing us near to the cross of Christ and to each other,
Wounded One who makes us one, make our unity visible and bring healing to the world.
With Christians of the Holy Land, we too are witnesses to the birth of Jesus Christ in Bethlehem, his ministry in Galilee, his death and resurrection, and the descent of the Holy Spirit in Jerusalem; when we yearn for peace and justice for all in the sure and certain hope of your coming Kingdom,
Triune One who makes us one, make our unity visible and bring healing to the world.

May the Father, who is faithful to his promises and unfailing in his help, sustain you as you go forth to strive for justice and seek an end to division.
Amen.
May the Son, who sanctified the Holy Land by his birth, ministry, death and resurrection, bring you redemption, reconciliation and peace.
Amen.
May the Spirit, who gathered the first believers in Jerusalem as one, unite you in faithfulness to the teaching and fellowship, the breaking of bread and prayers, and inspire you to preach and live the Gospel.
Amen.
May the One God, Father, Son and Spirit, bless you and keep you, as you go forth to proclaim his Good News to the world.
Thanks be to God.

Blessing
May the blessing of the God of peace and justice be with us;
May the blessing of the Son
Who weeps the tears of the world’s suffering be with us;
And may the blessing of the Spirit
who inspires us to reconciliation and hope be with us
from now into eternity.
Amen.

Looking for images of the baptism, I accidentaly ran into this next one. Although from a stylistic and aestethic point of view is a bit too minimalist and mathematical in its logical framework approach for my tastes, I am amazed by its simplicity, accuracy and clarity of message. Jesus truthfully is the only link between God and sinful man and the only way of salvation.

arrowdown.gif

I know i've mentioned the C.S. Lewis' work that I am greatly fond of. The Screwtape letters is actually used as reference in the book i am about to tell you all about. I recently discovered a contemporary Christian author whom i am enjoying very much. His name is Gary Thomas. I look forward to reading many other of his books, but the first and only one i've read so far is called Sacred marriage. Some of you might already be familiar with the book. It was published in 2000 and as the cover shows it poses a most intriguing question – what if God designed marriage with the purpose not of making us happy, but holy rather?

scrdmrrg.jpg

The basic idea of the book is that marriage is one, if not the most important laboratory in which we can cultivate some of the most important Christian values of love, charity, gentleness, patience and faith thus increasing our spirituality and communion with God both as individuals and as couples. One of the aspects i enjoyed the most and this seems to be Mr. Thomas' mission and calling is the integration of Scripture, church history, and the wisdom of the Christian classics into modern experience. I loved that although an Evangelical writer himself, in support of his arguments he has used quotes and references from the earliest days of Christianity and from different branches – from early fathers of the Church or modern Orthodox authors to Catholic saints from the middle ages, like Francis de Sales.

Gary Thomas rightfully points out the lack of literature dedicated to the importance and relevance of the Christian marriage. It is a sacrament after all and one that affects most of us. It should not be taken lightly or considered of secondary importance. Although some members of the church choose to dedicate themselves entirely to the Church and Christ, the rest of us who make up the Body of Christ do find ourselves with the option of marriage sooner or later in our lives. Mr. Thomas makes a great plea on behalf of all Christian marriages and considers that even the most difficult ones are worth the effort because they make out of those who suffer better Christians.

It is his belief that people who are quick to resolve to divorce and seek in the changing of parterns a new beginning and outlook on life do not realize that the truly missing part was a proper relationship with their creator. He argues that the essential question is not finding whom we should marry in particular, the person is more or less irrelevant, but rather what we can accomplish as a Christian couple with that person whom we married. I do have to disagree with him though.

I can understand his plea on behalf of marriage and i know the divorce rate all over the world is frightful, but i would caution against marrying at all costs. Many people, including Christians end up (and that is not a hazardous choice of words) being married for the sake of getting married and attaining a certain social status which eludes single people. Other reasons can be fear of loneliness, need of material support or fear of 'burning' as Saint Paul said.

I personally think it is an awesome decision we should ponder with great care. In my humble opinion it is mighty important to open our physical and spiritual eyes when we take such a step which will impact not only our future but most possibly future children as well.

If we are to have truly successful Christian marriages, meaninful lives of worship and not have too many attempts at it, we do have to make sure we are choosing the Mr./Mrs. Right first time around. We have to make sure the one we committ ourselves to is the one who will makes us complete human beings, better Christians and the one who will be able to bear us when we are unbearable even to ourselves. Of course time and nature take their toll and people change, at times in unfortunate ways, but that doesn't mean we should not keep our eyes open at the beginning of any relationship with any potential marriage parteners and seek true compatibility on all levels – physical, intellectual and spiritual. If any of these three lacks, then the others will not and cannot compensate for it.

Returning now to Mr. Thomas' amazing book – it is beautiful to see how he departs from the biblical analogies both in the Old and the New Testament and the relationship between God and the Church as one of matrimony. I loved the fact he did not shy away from controversial aspects such as preconcieved male notions many would qualify as misoginistic in considering female attitudes either as too weak or needy on the one hand, or manipulative on the other because of inborn feminity. He gives several examples of men who have reconsidered their attitudes towards their wives and women in general and have come to treasure them and their needs and in the process have improved their relationship with God and their faith life. Among one of his many pertinent observations, the author rightfully points out that is one thing to have feelings for your wife and it is an entirely different matter to express them.

Another seemingly controversial topic he tackles with great care, honesty and depth is the importance of the sexual bond between spouses. He rightfully describes the marriage between a man and a woman as the only proper forum in which our natural, God-given sexual impulses should be developed and enjoyed. He points out there is no separation between the holy and profane in marriage and the life of prayer and praise and the expression of sexuality are not contradictory notions.

In a true show of coherence of life and discourse, Gary Thomas offers a very open testimony about his own life and marriage (which has now lasted for over 25 years) to Lisa, whom he describes lovingly and with great respect, revealing enough about their relationship to be of use to others, but not too much to infringe her privacy and dignity.

Also in terms of examples he uses very intriguing couples in History from Abe Lincoln and his tempestous wife to the Lindbergh family. One of the anecdotes I liked best was about Howard Hendricks, a seminary professor and speaker of great acclaim whom is quoted in one instance after having made an impressive sermon and was called a 'great man' by one of the young people in attendance. He referred to his wife asking her how many great men she knew and she promptly answered 'one less than you think'. Gary Thomas firmly believes that God gives influential men wives who can help keep them with the feet on the ground.

One of the most beautiful ideas expressed in the book is that of service. It is only fair that I quote one of the most meaningful and beautiful passages of the entire book:

“Kathleen and Thomas Hart talk about the 'Paschal mystery' of marriage – the process of death and resurrection as a way of life for married people. Every day we must die to our own desires and resurrect as servants. Every day we are called to identify ourselves with Christ's suffering on the cross and be empowered by the Risen One. We die to our expectations, demands and fears and we awake to a life of compromise, service and courage. In that sense, a truly Christian marriage proposal is truly an offer, not a request. Instead of saying “will you do this for me?” when we are asking someone to enter a marriage relationship, the true question ought to be:“ are you willing to receive what I can give?” If marriage is approached each day from this perspective none of the partners will face disillusionment since both will be consumed with the desire to fulfill to the best of their abilities the duty of serving the other one.”

Here is a beautiful image which i thought conveys Gary Thomas' words most beautifully – two individuals leading different lives being brought closer and closer together until their beings, their lives and their mission become one.

fork_onz8.jpg

And since i've used paintings, literature and prayers, i think it's high time we got some music is this 'tiny' post of mine, don't you all agree? :giggle:

The following videos could come as surprise to some, but i am a great lover of all artistic expressions, especially when used to praise the Lord – from medieval architecture and music, to modern abstract paitings to hip hop. I know that both Kanye West and DMX, as many other rappers, are judged rushly and many times mercilessly for human mistakes, but i admire and appreciate these men who share their talent and their inner and outter struggle with the world, especially when they get their praise on.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b8AyHupByuU?fs=1&amp;hl=ro_RO"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b8AyHupByuU?fs=1&amp;hl=ro_RO" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MYF7H_fpc-g?fs=1&amp;hl=ro_RO"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MYF7H_fpc-g?fs=1&amp;hl=ro_RO" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

And yes, i can only join Kanye when he says: bring the day that I dream about, next time i'm the club everybody screamin' out: Jesus walks.....with me.

<object width="560" height="381"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xkr68?width=560&theme=none&foreground=%23F7FFFD&highlight=%23FFC300&background=%23171D1B&start=&animatedTitle=&iframe=0&additionalInfos=0&autoPlay=0&hideInfos=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xkr68?width=560&theme=none&foreground=%23F7FFFD&highlight=%23FFC300&background=%23171D1B&start=&animatedTitle=&iframe=0&additionalInfos=0&autoPlay=0&hideInfos=0" width="560" height="381" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed></object>

For those of you with more conservative music tastes, here is the now classic River of dreams from Billy Joel

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hSq4B_zHqPM?fs=1&amp;hl=ro_RO"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hSq4B_zHqPM?fs=1&amp;hl=ro_RO" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

One of the most important tasks we have as Christians is to immitate the Lord. We cannot claim to love Him and not love our brothers and sisters, especially those most in need. That is why we must always try, in however small or apparently insignificant way to change the world. As Christians we must walk the fine line between the sin of apathy in the face of injustice and that of hopelessness believing that pain and death are the final destiny of any and all human beings. In Christ we are victors, because He has overcome the world, we must never forget that.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6rCYSAWRlZU?fs=1&amp;hl=ro_RO"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6rCYSAWRlZU?fs=1&amp;hl=ro_RO" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-IUSZyjiYuY?fs=1&amp;hl=ro_RO"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-IUSZyjiYuY?fs=1&amp;hl=ro_RO" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has – Margaret Mead, a hero from a country tragically torn by faith and the divisions among Christians I was mentioning some verrry many paragraphs before.

About them birds and fish incidents Alma was mentioning - i would wait for the tests and the scientifical explanations before jumping to any dooms day predictions. Michael was so very right in Jam – we must live each day like is the last. We should take responsibility for ourselves, our lives and our families and have the best possible relationship with the Lord now. We shouldn't be needing outstanding natural phenomena to induce fear in us. Christianity is a faith built on love, hope and peace. There is no place for fear in any of that. We must trust God, avoid sin and love Him and all those around us, starting with the nearest ones with all our might.

I also agree with Michael when he sang in Shout that nowadays we are 'too busy focusing on ourselves and not His Majesty'. There truly has got to be some type of change for this day and age.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MsSOEZWe81Q?fs=1&amp;hl=ro_RO"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MsSOEZWe81Q?fs=1&amp;hl=ro_RO" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

There's nothing that can't be done if we raise our voice as one. Another day that i dream about is the one when the world will not only hear, but truly listen to Michael's message. We should have done it long ago, he had been singing and living this message since his childhood, but we payed more attention to his cute cheeks and Afro; he tried to convince us in his solo career, but we were too busy speculating about elephant bones and dates; he tried to heal the world and get us to do it as well, but he was silenced by horrible lies; he continued to write this kind of amazing songs during his trial, but very few got to listen these precious jewels of art and spirituality. Some have awakened after June 25th 2009, but not nearly enough. My question is – will we ever be ready and willing to listen to his message and that of countless others? Will we ever learn to give a damn as he said in Earthsong? Hopefully we will and soon, for all our sakes....

God bless you everybody. Keep praising the Lord and glorfying Him with your words, thoughts and deeds. I'll try to do that, less visibly though. I would greatly appreciate it if every now and then you could spare a prayer for a horrible sinner like me.

Always trust Him and remember that one day every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Christ is Lord.

divinemercy.jpg

Thy will be done. Help us and protect us all.
I pray in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen.

Millions of crickets dead worldwide.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41034340/ns/us_news-environment/?gt1=43001

All scientists are saying with respect to all this mass death of birds, fish, insects, animals, is that it is "normal" or "common".. or that it's being cause by year-end fireworks or stress. 0_0.. Scientists today wanna 'comfort' people, saying there's no reason to worry about, they wanna keep people in the dark. Millions of innocent creatures are dying worldwide, and these people act like nothing is happening and that we have Nothing to fear? Is it maybe that They are afraid because more people seem to now look up for comfort, rather than listen to how they keep on denying, or, rather, challenge God with a mindblowing arrogance? Or maybe that all these deaths are resulting from their 'secret' experiments that will later be used on humans? Whatever it is, many innocent lives are perishing, truly the most innocent ones, and it's incredibly alarming, no matter what.

Last edited:

Thanks for your the message on my profile Shabuya. You dont accept VMs or Pms so I gotta thank you here. hope everyone's doin' okay.

My first week of new classes is over! Good week overall. I will be celebrating my older brother's birthday with him on Monday. His birthday is Tuesday. I thank God that He gave me a brother who loves me unconditionally and cares for me and protects me. I also thank Him for the close relationship that we have as brother and sister. :)

Three weeks after his birthday is my birthday!! :D

My first week of new classes is over! Good week overall. I will be celebrating my older brother's birthday with him on Monday. His birthday is Tuesday. I thank God that He gave me a brother who loves me unconditionally and cares for me and protects me. I also thank Him for the close relationship that we have as brother and sister. :)

Three weeks after his birthday is my birthday!! :D

That's wonderful.. Happy birthday to him.

Anyone mind if I post a Catholic link? Non-Catholics don't have to pay attention to it if they don't want. There's something I discovered online that is bizarre, yet not eerie - it's on the verge of miraculous to me.

Anyway I can't see the scroll on the right hand side of the last page of this thread...is it my computer or are others having trouble?

Anyway I can't see the scroll on the right hand side of the last page of this thread...is it my computer or are others having trouble?

Yes Ive had this trouble as well since I posted a link a few posts back on the last page, but this page is ok now for some reason. But if I go into advanced to post on this page then I have the same problem of no side bar.

I have problems too with no side bar on the last page. Please report the issue.

I am not Christian, but muslim..
But I do believe in Jesus, he is very inspiring to me, but I only get motivated by him now.. So I don't know everything about him at all yet..

I am a born again Christian. I believe Jesus Christ is God in human form and He is my Lord and Saviour.

I am not Christian, but muslim..
But I do believe in Jesus, he is very inspiring to me, but I only get motivated by him now.. So I don't know everything about him at all yet..
The New Testament is a great place to start. See also Mel gibson's movie Passion of the Christ.

I am a born again Christian. I believe Jesus Christ is God in human form and He is my Lord and Saviour.

Welcome Black Porsche! :D

Welcome from me too.:)

I am asking for prayers for a friend of mine that I went to middle and high school with. She is 21 years old. Her chest is concave and her ribs are pushing against her lungs and her heart, which is bad, and it was very hard for her to walk around her small college campus for short periods of time without getting very fatigued. She is having surgery to fix this tomorrow (Monday), and is also taking a semester off from college to have this and recover.
What they are going to do, from what I understand, is stick a rod in her and break all of her ribs then put them back together correctly. The surgery should take about 3 or 4 hours. I will be getting updates from her mother throughout the day tomorrow.
Please pray for her that she will finally be free from all this trouble this is causing her, and that she will have a speedy recovery. I will let you all know how she is doing once I find out. :)

MJJ_luv1991 Lord willing she will finally be free from all this trouble.
I'll pray for her.

Pope Benedict XVI is reminding all christians of their individual responsibility to go out and bring Christ to those who don't know Him.

"I would like then to invite Christians, confidently and with an informed and responsible creativity, to join the network of relationships which the digital era has made possible. This is not simply to satisfy the desire to be present, but because this network is an integral part of human life. The web is contributing to the development of new and more complex intellectual and spiritual horizons, new forms of shared awareness. In this field too we are called to proclaim our faith that Christ is God, the Saviour of humanity and of history, the one in whom all things find their fulfilment (cf. Eph 1:10). "
And,
"We can't remain calm regarding the notion that, after two thousand years, there are still people that don't know Christ and still haven't heard his message of Salvation."
The Pope's message for World Mission Day.

God Bless

i'm not sure that Pope is true.

My friend got through her surgery and her chest is flat now!! She is now resting comfortably at home and will not be able to do anything for four weeks. Thanks for the prayers!!! I hope to visit her very soon!

That's wonderful news!.. The best of health to her ahead!..

Storm Warning by Billy Graham is a well-written overview of the problems of the world today including terrorism, natural disasters, economic crisis, and conflicts that we see in today’s headlines. Graham relates these storms to the Christian life. He tells of the coming apocalypse, giving his insights on the four horsemen from the book of Revelation.
This book is a revision of the original book from 1992. This was an easy book to read. It was interesting and held my attention through each chapter. Graham tells of personal situations and relates them to current and upcoming events.

Graham covers cults and the ways they deceive including spiritual deceptions and the cult of self, giving thoughts and advice on each point. He shows from Scripture the importance of and how to be an over-comer.

My favorite parts of the book are Graham’s treatment of the signs of the times and the coming apocalypse. He treats horseman separately, giving examples of how each will affect the world. He finishes the book with the return of Jesus to Earth, ending the reign of Satan.

I recommend this book. It is insightful on the signs of the times and shows just how close we are to the end. He goes on to show that we can make it through any storm with God on our side. Five out of five stars!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I’d like to thank Thomas Nelson Publishers for providing me this Book free as part of their BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

other Review
I have just finished reading Storm Warning. This book is such an eye-opener. It was heart felt and spiritually encouraging.
The truth and facts of older times and modern times is right on. I wish that every one could read this book and grab hold of this simple, but in depth message for what is approaching. As a born again believer and one who knows who they are in Christ Jesus, this book truly puts the revelation of John’s visions right where we can understand and acknowledge.
Thank you Billy Graham for your stedfastness, dedication and obedience to God’s calling on your life. Thank you for sharing your heart and life’s blood with us. I can hear the hoofbeats..
Even so, Jesus come quickly.
In Christ,
Linda Howard
http://www.amazon.com/Storm-Warning-recession-terrorist-devastating/dp/0849948134/ref=pd_sim_b_1

Thank you for recommending this book, sounds important.

:hi: Just stopping by to say hi. Its been a while since I visited last. How is everyone? Is anyone here a member of http://www.christianforums.com ? I just joined there the other day, its a really great site :)

Let's pray for Egypt. The implications of the bloody conflicts there are affecting us all, especially Europe and the USA's allies, the economy, the explosion of prices, the outlook on life in general.

Oh... I think I'll about that later... But don't know about it yet, since they're Christians in a way too... and I don't wanna feel like somebody gets offended by others' views on their religions..

Back