Christian Members

Re: Any Believers in Jesus Christ Here? (Non-debate thread for believers only)

Do any of you struggle with worrying whether or not people that you cared deeply about (whether in real life or people like MJ or Liz Taylor for some) are "OK" now?

I think that if I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that they were in a better place, I could have peace about ANY loved one who died :( It hurts really bad. I mean, I think about my grandpa and grandma a lot, who died.

Do any of you struggle with worrying whether or not people that you cared deeply about (whether in real life or people like MJ or Liz Taylor for some) are "OK" now?

I think that if I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that they were in a better place, I could have peace about ANY loved one who died :( It hurts really bad. I mean, I think about my grandpa and grandma a lot, who died.

Oh, all too often... If I knew for certain where they are, I'd live this difficult life in much more peace... definitely. ..

What we have to do now is pray for their souls daily, go to church, if possible, to pray there as well, donate/offer in their name little gifts or little somethings, like food or religious items to other people (esp the needy..), and they too will receive these gifts from where they are... When Judgement Day comes, they say it will then be impossible to change anything... That is why we have to continue to keep our loved ones, both alive and departed, in our prayers daily.. and do good..

Sorry to hear about your grandparents... ): I too lost all 4 of them, the last one in '97. ..

May God spread His mercy on us all calling on Him...

I think that if I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that they were in a better place

it's called FAITH. Sometimes I get doubts but as a father I know the lives of my children are a gift from God. One day we'll all return to Him if we lived god fearing lives described in the Holy Bible.

Oh man...

My parents are breaking up.

True.
I also think that, we who know or have come to know Michael's heart, how close he was with Jesus and God, should keep in touch with his children as a reminder of what Michael was realy other that fame, star and music.
His biological family doesn't have to have these things reveiled to them, of what level Michael was God's child. Perhaps we are chosen from around the world as testmony. Remember even Jesus biological brothers didn't understand him necessarly.
Michael's Kids will grow upbelieving in what they are told by those who surround them, just like all of us. That is why we have all kinds of ways of believing in God, while we talking about ONE GOD. It is due to our backgrounds; Michael wanted to break these barriers we are facing. We could be mislead some times, by our own people, because that is the best they know

Agreed. Let's pray as PPB gets older they develop faith in God just like their father did and pray for their salvation.

I think I can handle this but this is really hard for my parents (they both are depressed) and to my little sister and my younger little brother. We are poor so it's hard to find some place to go. And we have to be out of our current house by 15th of May.

I hope they did the right choise.

I'm happy anyway if the case in home doesn't count. I have many theater projects going on, I have friends, I have a girlfriend and so on. So I'm pretty happy and I think it would be stupid to be upset because of the relationship of parents. :)

Great thing that you are being grateful for everything you have. ..

Hope your parents and brothers get to feel better with time.. it's not stupid to be feeling a bit down, a chapter of your parents' life ended. .. But hope you'll still keep in touch with one another.

Evilman,
God bless your soul. I think you have made a ggod choice to focus on the positive God has given you so far, which will give you energy to look forward to the future.
There are alot of negative things going on, in this world but it is upto each individual to make precise decision on how they deal with whatever difficulties they encounter. Your parents have chosen that path, to easy their pain(hope is it easy now, but according to what you said, depression etc, it doesn't sound easy at all). you chose to focus on the positive you have and that is great choice. Michael would have done the same
I will pray for you. I am a mother, and I know how it hit hard on children, but parents don't put this into consideration when they are faced with their differences and heard into divorce.
God bless your heard and your girlfriend

I also wanted to share this message with all of you

I saw a discussion about different believes from different religions and I made this comments which I thought could be beneficial to readers of this thread. I am not changing the oriantation of this thread.

Spirituality has nothing to do with going to church or mosque or snagouge etc. It is believing in God. At the same time, you can't believe in what you don't know. That is where teachings of word of God becomes necessary. Now, if you are a kind of person who like to pursue things to know the real truth, you will find that, the bible in histoey of Jesus, decribe verywell what God wants of to be and do, in order to become his children. This is about re-establishing a broken relationship. When God created Adam, he had made him with pure heart and LOVE enough to have relation with God without so called SIN-which we all know, keeps us away from seing the glorie of God.
In the same bible we read that God tried to establish that relationship back by giving us messages through messangers, but the ruler of this world-Devil will make sure the message doesn't get that far. In some cases, he would twist the message and people will endup not following. At last God came on earth himself as Jesus. This way, he could live our daily lives and show us how to go about it. Therefore, if you follow Jesus teachings, which you will know either because your were taught by someone or you read the bible(or other teaching,s if any) yourself.
In most cases, both are needed. Your parents can be those teachers to give you basics and then you can read the rest on your own to graspe as much as needed.
Do we have to go to church for this? not necessarly, but if you dont have enough basis, it is better to go to church and learn.
Even Jesus said" there will be time when you will not need to go to Jerusalem.." He also said "You will pray better when you will pray from your heart..." When people have understood what the word of God is all about, they understand these things. At the sametime, I am not saying that going to church is not necessary. It depends on you real, but is not compasory for someone to be christian.
That being said, I do believe that following his teachings are the true way to knowing God. Now, it should be clear that, not only those considered christians follow Jesus way. Jesus was a teacher and a teacher is universal. anyone can choose to take him(jesus) as an example to there spiritual path. NOw, if someone is following someone else, eg. Muhammad, Does it mean Muhammad message was contrary to Jesus teaching? Or he just rewrote the same teachings and they became his?
I always say this. Today, there are people turning to God by taking the example of Michael. If Michael was doing good things enough to br seen as light to path to God, what is wrong with that?
I think most of time we are stuck in pocession. Whose idiology is that? etc. If you look the church, that is how it got divided. It started to become those who belong to Peter or Paul, to Thomas etc.
I have not read Quran to know what it contain, but I wouldn't juge it as a book that teaches wrong and contradictory to the message of Jesus.
In all religion I know one thing they luck, it is KNOWLEDGE of GOD. If we knew God enough, we would understand that juging others doesn't make us any better because we are saved by his grace; not according to our work, which include how many times we attend certain religion building.
At last, there is no holly water to be pabtized in, to make someone holly. Those were old traditions. Yes Jesus was baptized by John in river Jordan. John had come before Jesus to prepare Jesus arrival and baptizing was part of prepation of people, for the arrival of Jesus
Jesus baptize in holly spirit that guids you through your life by testifying to you all what Jesus taught us, all about the word of God and help us distinguish between good and evil, becuase, on our own, the flesh can't. It is easly tempted. And this is what sets apart Jesus from other messangers of God claimed to be on earth. In fact, that is the reason he came on earth, so that, he can give a streight distinct between right and wrong, otherwise, we would keep guessing or Laws like those of Moses, can be twisted by devil and sin would continue to dominate

Last edited:

Thank you Alma and MJLoveForEver. :)

I'd like to post this song here.

Of course it is upsetting that parents are getting divorce. Both of my parents are important to me. But divorce is their decision. And that's the way it goes. I hope they can find happiness as singles because they haven't been happy together in many years.

I just had two final shows of a play. And there is one premier next week's Saturday. :)

I prayed in this night to God to say hello to them both from me, and I get tears. I really miss them both. :/

For those who are currently fasting (for the Easter's Lent, in this case) or just searching for and needing a powerful prayer, here is the prayer of Saint Ephrem the Syrian:

'O, Lord and Master of my life,
Grant not unto me a spirit of idleness,
of discouragement,
of lust for power,
and of vain speaking.

But bestow upon me, Thy servant,
the spirit of chastity,
of meekness,
of patience,
and of love.

Yea, O Lord and King,
grant that I may perceive
my own transgressions,
and judge not my brother,
for blessed art Thou
unto ages of ages.

Amen.'

For more information/indications on this prayer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayer_of_Saint_Ephrem

http://www.christianpost.com/news/m...ger-biola-university-team-up-for-japan-49539/

judith-hill.gif

Judith Hill, an alumna of Biola University, is a half-Japanese singer who has shared the stage with Michael Jackson and Elton John. She will perform at a free benefit concert for Japan earthquake victims on March 24, 2011 at Biola University in La Mirada, Calif.

Michael Jackson's Back-Up Singer, Biola University Team Up for Japan
By Josephine Vivaldo|Christian Post Contributor

Biola University and half-Japanese singer Judith Hill, who performed at Michael Jackson’s memorial services, will team up Thursday for a benefit concert for Japan earthquake victims.

Hill, an alumna of the southern California Christian school, had already planned on performing at the free concert to celebrate Women’s History month. But she decided to refocus the concert to raise funds for Japan upon hearing news that the country her mother was born in was devastated by a 9.0-magnitude earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear crisis. Hill’s father is African-American.

The R&B singer shared with The Christian Post on Tuesday, “A lot of people reached out to me and showed their concern for my family. I'm a big part of the Japanese community and it’s really hard for me because emotionally it's really close to home so this is different from any other charity benefit disaster situations that have happened. I'm very much involved in doing anything I can to help the community.”

The main theme song for the concert is titled, “For My Sister,” which she collaborated on with Japanese pop artist “Ai.” She plans to sing portions of the song in Japanese with the purpose of honoring the people in Japan.

The main verses in the song are, “When you need a helpin’ hand, I’ll be there for my sister … and it doesn’t matter where you are. You can never be too far. I’ll be there for my sister.”

Although Hill’s music is not overtly Christian, her faith in Jesus Christ is infused in her lyrics, she said.

"I want more Christian news!"

“Being a Christian should influence every aspect of our lives. We take our faith wherever we go, whether we are working at a store or driving,” Hill said in the interview. “For me, music is probably the main thing I do in life and my faith in Christ always comes up in lyrics and my overall worldview.

“When I write messages of hope, love, relationships, struggles, pain, there is an underlining message of hope in Christ and I think that is what drives the hope in my life and I take that wherever I go.”

Hill highlighted that although financial donation is a great help to Japan at the moment, she believes that music can also help to comfort survivors of the March 11 quake and tsunami.

As someone who grew up in a musical family, Hill personally attested to music having a huge impact in her life. Hill grew up playing the piano and singing, which not only led to her composing, playing and singing her own songs later in life, but also sharing the stage with world renowned musicians such as Michael Jackson and Elton John.

Hill sang alongside the “King of Pop” Michael Jackson in the 2009 hit movie “This Is It.”

She concluded with a message to Japan and to Japanese people in the United States.

“My message to Japan is to know that God loves them and that the whole world is keeping them in their thoughts and prayer and to stay encouraged knowing that they will get through this difficult time,” said Hill. “We all love them and my mind hasn't gotten off the subject ever since it happened.”

She also urged Japanese Americans to pray for Japanese families affected by the disasters.

Hill graduated from Biola University in 2005 with a degree in music composition. After graduating, she toured with French pop star Michel Polnareff. Then in 2009, she was selected as one of Michael Jackson’s back up singers for his planned comeback tour “This Is It.”

Thanks, Cassie, wonderful to read when (few, too few) artists are letting God show them the way to go and follow Him. It's heartwarming.

Thanks, Cassie, wonderful to read when (few, too few) artists are letting God show them the way to go and follow Him. It's heartwarming.

Agreed. There are some Christian artists that don't want God to guide them in thier career (arts) but only their spiritual lives.

Agreed. There are some Christian artists that don't want God to guide them in thier career (arts) but only their spiritual lives.

Good for Judith. I am glad she is following Michaels' footsteps of allowing God to work through them in creating music

Please, anyone... I'm not sure if you're aware, maybe some of you, if not all, know that there is a thread on this very subforum where members are not only saying they don't believe in God, but also call Him 'bastard', 'imaginary friend', one that is a killer, that the Bible is the book promoting killings, rapings, misoginism... I can't express the conflicting feelings of anger and immense sadness in me, so I will ask those of you who can see that... to find the strength to ask God to make you pray for their lost minds and souls, please... I will do it once I calm down... The insults in there are unbelievable...

No wonder, God's patience for us ungrateful nothings (religiously expressing myself) is shrinking and this world is in the state it is....

Yeah, I can't add anything more.

Oh know, that's horrible! I know it's THIER opinions but God wants EVERYONE to be saved.

Here's a great website and article I find:
http://www.everystudent.com/journeys/why.html

Why Is Life So Hard?
"Why?" When life is hard, is there a way to have peace?
Why do people get cancer? Why are there earthquakes that destroy entire cities? Why do people have to work so hard just to have enough money to barely feed their families?

Subconsciously, we probably ask ourselves questions like these quite often. But consciously we rarely do. We're so busy living our lives we rarely stop and wonder WHY?

But then something happens to wake us up. Our parents get divorced. The girl down the street gets abducted. A relative gets cancer. That wakes us up for awhile. But then we can often sink back into the denial. That is, until another tragedy hits, another incongruence. Then we're likely to think, Something isn't right here. Something is really, really wrong. This isn't how life's supposed to be!

So, WHY do bad things happen? WHY isn't this world a better place?

There is an answer to the WHY question, found in the Bible. But it's not an answer that most people like to hear: the world is the way it is because it's the world that we, in a sense, have asked for.

Sound strange?

What or who could make this world different than the way it is? What or who could guarantee that life is pain-free, for everyone, all the time?

God could. God could accomplish that. But he doesn't. At least not right now. And we're angry with him as a result. We say, "God can't be all-powerful and all-loving. If he were, this world wouldn't be the way it is!"

We say this hoping that God will then change his position on the matter. Our hope is that putting a guilt trip on him will make him change the way he's doing things.

But he doesn't seem to budge. WHY doesn't he?

God doesn't budge -- he doesn't change things right now -- because he's giving us what we asked for: a world where we get to treat him as though he is absent and unnecessary.

Remember the story of Adam and Eve? They ate the "forbidden fruit." That fruit was the idea that they could ignore what God said or gave them, and strike out on life apart from God. For Adam and Eve sort of hoped that they could become like God, without God. They consumed the notion that there was something more valuable in existence than God himself, something more valuable than having a personal relationship with God. And this world system -- with all of its faults -- came as a result of the choice they made.

Their story is the story of all of us, isn't it? Who hasn't said -- if not audibly at least in their hearts -- God, I think I can do this without you. I'll just go this one alone. But thanks for the offer.

We've all tried to make life work without God. Why do we do that? Probably because we've all bought the notion that there's something more valuable, more important, than God. For different people it's different things, but the mindset is the same: God isn't what's most important in life. In fact, I'd just as soon do it without him altogether.

What is God's response to that?

He allows it. Many people experience the painful results of others' or their own choices that run contrary to God's ways...murder, sexual abuse, greed, lying/fraud, slander, adultery, kidnapping, etc. All of these can be explained by people who have refused to give God access and influence over their lives. They are going about their lives as they see fit, and they and others suffer.

What's God view on all of this? He's not smug. In fact, God could rightly be viewed as leaning forward, compassionate, hoping we will turn to him so that he can bring real life to us. Jesus said, "Come to me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest."1 But not all are willing to go to him. Jesus commented on this when he said: "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing."2 Again, Jesus brings the issue back to our relationship with him. "I am the light of the world. He who follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."3

But what about when life is unfair? What about those horrible circumstances that hit us in life, caused by someone other than ourselves? When we are feeling victimized, it's useful to realize that God himself endured horrendous treatment from others. God more than understands what you are going through.

There is nothing in life that could be more painful than what Jesus endured on our behalf, when he was deserted by his friends, ridiculed by those who would not believe in him, beaten and tortured before his crucifixion, then nailed to a cross, in shameful public display, dying of slow suffocation. He created us, yet allowed humanity the freedom to do this, to fulfill Scripture and to set us free from our sin. This was no surprise to Jesus. He was aware of what was coming, foreknowing all the details, all the pain, all the humiliation. "And as Jesus was going up to Jerusalem, he took the twelve disciples aside, and on the way he said to them, 'Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of man will be delivered to the chief priests and scribes, and they will condemn him to death, and deliver him to the Gentiles to be mocked and scourged and crucified, and he will be raised on the third day."4

Imagine knowing something that awful was going to happen to you. Jesus understands emotional and psychological anguish. The night that Jesus knew they would arrest him, he went to pray, but took some friends with him. "And taking with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, he began to be sorrowful and troubled. Then he said to them, 'My soul is very sorrowful, even to death; remain here and watch [keep awake] with me. And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, 'My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will but as thou wills."5 Though Jesus confided in his three friends, they didn't understand the depth of his torment, and when Jesus returned from prayer he found them asleep. Jesus understands what it's like going through pain and extreme sadness alone.

Here it is summarized, as John describes in his gospel: "He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world knew him not. He came to his own home, and his own people received him not. But to all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave power to become children of God."6 "For God sent the Son into the world, not to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him. For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."7

There is no question that there is pain and intense suffering in this world. Some of it is explained by selfish, hateful actions on the part of others. Some of it defies an explanation in this life. But God offers us himself. God gives us the knowledge that he has endured also, and is aware of our pain and needs. Jesus said to his disciples, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid."8 There is ample reason to be afraid, troubled, but God can give us his peace, which is greater than the problem before us. He is after all, God, the Creator. The one who has always existed. The one who created a universe on the backstroke.

Yet even in his power, he's also the one who knows us intimately, even the smallest, insignificant details. And if we will trust him with our lives, relying on him, though we encounter difficulties, he will hold us securely. Jesus said, "These things I have spoken to you, so that in me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world."9 He went through our ultimate threat -- death -- and overcame it. He can take us through the difficult circumstances of this life, and then bring us into eternal life, if we will trust him.

We can either go through this life with God or without him. Jesus prayed, "O righteous Father, although the world has not known you, yet I have known you; and these have known that you sent me; and I have made your name known to them, and will make it known, so that the love with which you loved me may be in them, and I in them."10

Please, anyone... I'm not sure if you're aware, maybe some of you, if not all, know that there is a thread on this very subforum where members are not only saying they don't believe in God, but also call Him 'bastard', 'imaginary friend', one that is a killer, that the Bible is the book promoting killings, rapings, misoginism... I can't express the conflicting feelings of anger and immense sadness in me, so I will ask those of you who can see that... to find the strength to ask God to make you pray for their lost minds and souls, please... I will do it once I calm down... The insults in there are unbelievable...

No wonder, God's patience for us ungrateful nothings (religiously expressing myself) is shrinking and this world is in the state it is....

Yeah, I can't add anything more.

What lack of respect... What sadness! :no:
I've ever seen some threads like that but I haven't had the courage to read yet. Perhaps they're discussing their atheism to try to understand and alleviate their existential concerns.:brow: But the worst thing is that they don't respect for the Divine Majesty of God and don't look on their miseries. Phrases like, "God is no more than a figment of our imagination." It's so sad because the Jesus reactions flee to the limits of our imagination. Jesus doesn't fit in the human imagination.
The love of God is infinitely greater than we can understand or imagine.

Thanks Alma for the making us aware.

deleted post

Last edited:

Ok, I know we all have very strong opinions, but the board is religiously neutral. That means, either we have the same rules for everyone, or we don't have these discussions at all. So that means that you have to watch what you say about people who are atheists and agnostic. If they called you lost because you believed in God, it would not be liked. Please do not ruin the great vibe this thread had by posting things that can even be taken as insults by people just because they think differently. Just like I posted over there for them to consider you, you all have to be considerate of them. This is a fan board of many different opinions.

I don't want to have to warn this thread again. Please be respectful of one another.

Thank you.

I've not ruined any vibe in this thread, but raised some awareness on this sad situation. But to avoid further negativity and offense, I'll delete them.

And once again, the atheist thread is more than that, it is obviously bashing God and the Bible, and if this happens again, I won't just stand by it, sorry. God is most supreme, the very infinite of goodness and righteousness, who are we, we are nobodies comparing to Him, and it's very, immensely sad to see Him being reduced to a complete mockery or nothingness. Incredibly immensely sad.

Will delete my previous posts now.

"God Himself Is Judge

A Psalm of Asaph.

The Mighty One, God the Lord,
speaks and summons the earth
from the rising of the sun to its setting.
Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty,
God shines forth.

Our God comes; he does not keep silence; [1]
before him is a devouring fire,
around him a mighty tempest.
He calls to the heavens above
and to the earth, that he may judge his people:
“Gather to me my faithful ones,
who made a covenant with me by sacrifice!”
The heavens declare his righteousness,
for God himself is judge! Selah

“Hear, O my people, and I will speak;
O Israel, I will testify against you.
I am God, your God.
Not for your sacrifices do I rebuke you;
your burnt offerings are continually before me.
I will not accept a bull from your house
or goats from your folds.
For every beast of the forest is mine,
the cattle on a thousand hills.
I know all the birds of the hills,
and all that moves in the field is mine.

“If I were hungry, I would not tell you,
for the world and its fullness are mine.
Do I eat the flesh of bulls
or drink the blood of goats?
Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving, [2]
and perform your vows to the Most High,
and call upon me in the day of trouble;
I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.”

But to the wicked God says:
“What right have you to recite my statutes
or take my covenant on your lips?
For you hate discipline,
and you cast my words behind you.
If you see a thief, you are pleased with him,
and you keep company with adulterers.

“You give your mouth free rein for evil,
and your tongue frames deceit.
You sit and speak against your brother;
you slander your own mother's son.
These things you have done, and I have been silent;
you thought that I was one like yourself.
But now I rebuke you and lay the charge before you.

“Mark this, then, you who forget God,
lest I tear you apart, and there be none to deliver!
The one who offers thanksgiving as his sacrifice glorifies me;
to one who orders his way rightly
I will show the salvation of God!” "

What's happening to the world? :cry:

A gunman entered an elementary school in Rio de Janeiro on Thursday and opened fire with two handguns, killing 11 students and wounding 13 others before turning his guns on himself.

source: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/08/world/americas/08brazil.html?_r=1&ref=brazil

This has never happened before here in Brazil. :no:
Please if you can, say a prayer for all them.
The world needs prayer. :cry:

EDIT: Alma, thanks so much for your post.

As Christians what's your opinion on gay marriage?

My opinion is the same as God's

Leviticus 18 22
"22'(S)You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination"
1 Cor 6 9
"9Or (K)do you not know that the unrighteous will not (L)inherit the kingdom of God? (M)Do not be deceived; (N)neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor [a]effeminate, nor homosexuals"

What's happening to the world? :cry:

A gunman entered an elementary school in Rio de Janeiro on Thursday and opened fire with two handguns, killing 11 students and wounding 13 others before turning his guns on himself.

source: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/08/world/americas/08brazil.html?_r=1&ref=brazil

This has never happened before here in Brazil. :no:
Please if you can, say a prayer for all them.
The world needs prayer. :cry:

Very shocking and sad, Lainy.. Prayers to all of those innocent lives perished and their families, what tragedy. .. Was the gunman young, middle-aged...? Am asking out of curiosity, can't possibly imagine what darkness he could nurse, and how he could put it into action that atrociously...

EDIT: Alma, thanks so much for your post.

You're welcome, Lainy...

Back