Craig david, so Under rated!

DARKLIGHTDAN

Proud Member
I THINK HE HAS A BRILLIANT VOICE AND DOESNT GET THE RESPECT HE DESERVES
LIKE ALOT OF GENUINE ARTISTS TODAY, SO I GUESS IM KINDA HERE TO GET PEOPLE KINDA LISTENING TO HIS MUSIC AGAIN...

HE RELEASED AN ALBUM OF MOTOWN CLASSICS IN MARCH (titled: signed, sealed, delivered)

P.S our mike makes a guest appearance in the background :)

Sittin' on the dock

Use somebody (kings of leon cover)

Heard it through the grapevine

All alone tonight

One more lie (standing in the shadows)

fILL ME IN

Medley on GMTV - Walking Away & Signed Sealed Delivered [Acoustic]

I think Craig is a great singer :)
I have all of his albums but I personally think the first one "Born to do it" and the third one "The story goes.." are his best ones :)
Don't really unerstand why he didn't have more hits after his first album.

i think he's a great singer i love the born to do it album, haven't really listen to his others but wasn't born to do it voted as the 2nd greatest album of all time last year by mtv viewers?

I love this song from him:

[youtube]SHBPPhtxuxc[/youtube]

Craig David is one of my fav male artists i grew up listening to, and one of the best vocally , Born to do it is maybe the best RNB/pop album of the last decade with Usher's confessions and R.kellys TP3 (also JT Justified), he's one of the greatest to embrace the uk Garage scene.

Unfortunately he's kinda lost these last couple of years with the music scene changing and everything he hasnt been able to adapt, his 'Trust me' album was weak and rushed in my opinion, also his new album is all cover songs

He needs to go back to his old Uk Garage/RNB style like he did with trenchy stryder on 'where's your love' in 07-08

I wonder where's eStyle :D

I like Craig's smooth voice a lot. He's really too underrated even though he hasn't been very visible in the last years.

Bo_Selecta_393889a.jpg

CRAAAAIG DAVID!

Bo_Selecta_393889a.jpg

CRAAAAIG DAVID!

I never really got that...

I like Craig, he's had a lot of good songs and I've got two of his albums Slicker Than Your Average and Born to do it. And off the two albums my favourites are Rise And Fall (Feat. Sting) and What's your flava? (off Slicker Than Your Average), Fill Me In and 7 Days (off Born to Do It)

Craig David is one of my fav male artists i grew up listening to, and one of the best vocally , Born to do it is maybe the best RNB/pop album of the last decade with Usher's confessions and R.kellys TP3 (also JT Justified), he's one of the greatest to embrace the uk Garage scene.

Unfortunately he's kinda lost these last couple of years with the music scene changing and everything he hasnt been able to adapt, his 'Trust me' album was weak and rushed in my opinion, also his new album is all cover songs

He needs to go back to his old Uk Garage/RNB style like he did with trenchy stryder on 'where's your love' in 07-08

Personally I loved Trust Me. It had a really raw sound, which I loved! Totally did it for me! I always kinda hoped he'd have one of those awesome massive tunes again, I'd love for him to have the same level of success as before.

Anyone who has twitter you can follow him @CraigDavid :)

I never really got that...

I like Craig, he's had a lot of good songs and I've got two of his albums Slicker Than Your Average and Born to do it. And off the two albums my favourites are Rise And Fall (Feat. Sting) and What's your flava? (off Slicker Than Your Average), Fill Me In and 7 Days (off Born to Do It)
I have those two albums aswell :)

Personally I loved Trust Me. It had a really raw sound, which I loved! Totally did it for me! I always kinda hoped he'd have one of those awesome massive tunes again, I'd love for him to have the same level of success as before.

I didn't say it was bad, i said it was weak and rushed, weak as not stronger than his 2 albums before which are classics in my opinion, rushed because it only has like 10 songs with the first single as almost a cover song and the last song which was Kano's ,but the album did have some dope tracks like 'Just a reminder', '6 of 1 thing' and ' she on fire'...

^ Oh sorry, I didn't mean to imply you thought it was bad!
Yeah I love Officially Yours, Friday Night, She's on Fire, 6 of 1 thing the most.

I GOT/LIKE ALL OF HIS RELEASES BUT 'TRUST ME' WAS PROBABLY THE WEAKEST I MUST SAY, 'THE STORY GOES' HAS TO BE MY FAVE, SO MANY GOOD SONGS ON THERE LIKE 'HYPNOTIC, JUST LET HER GO, THIEF IN THE NIGHT...'

I DONT UNDERSTAND THOUGH, LIKE MICHAEL HE HAS SO MANY GOOD UNRELEASED RECORDS WHICH SOMETIMES ARE OFTEN BETTER THAN THE ACTUAL SINGLES THAT ARE RELEASED FOR EXAMPLE...

GOING MY WAY

REASON (LOVEEEE IT!)

MY FIRST LOVE

^ Wow thanks for posting those unreleased songs, they sound great! Shame they never were released. How old is Craig now btw? :)

I wonder where's eStyle :D

I like Craig's smooth voice a lot. He's really too underrated even though he hasn't been very visible in the last years.

Haha, thanks to your message I'm here now! :D
Well, I haven't been in this thread cuz' I'm barely online in the forum, lately. Haven't posted a large text for ages... I'm not into forums anymore, that much.
But now that I'm here, of course I'd also like to say something about the topic:

First of all - of course I already bought this new album of Craig called Signed, Sealed, Delivered. It is great, I'm lovin' it, that's for sure! Tho' I'm just wondering about one thing - if he really had or wanted to do a Motown related album, why the hell is there no song of The Jacksons on it at all? I was very disappointed about that cuz' I was quite sure that there will be something on it of them.
Anyhow, the album all in all is awesome and regarding Craig and his talent/voice:
I had a thread about this here before, either. I said what I think about all this very often and I don't wanna repeat myself all the time, tho' I'd just like to say one thing to the whole - I agree to most of you who posted in here and I too think that he has a great talent. I like Craig David very much and think that he's underrated, too! Very underrated!!! It's always very disappointing and not quite understandable to see all the bad, weird musicians on tv, where the most of them really don't have talent at all, how they come into tv. Also it is a bit frustrating to always see those standard kind of singers who really don't make anything special, new or great anymore.

Bump!

Come on guys, where are the CD fans out there? I'm lookin' for some people from this forum to talk about Craig a lil more! :D

I just made myself a Michael Jackson & Craig David Live album mix today! :)

Thats the problem, he doesnt get the recognition he desreves anymore. His album 'Trust me' in 2007 was amazing.

That's totally true! And his newest Motown album is off the hook, in my opinion, too!
Why does everybody always have to compare him to MJ? Is MJ the only musician out there? We all know that he's one of the best or even THE best for the most of us here but there are also a lotta other musicians out there who are really good and deserve some respect or recognition! Always comparing to Mike and then followed by saying, 'Ah, MJ is waaay better, that guy is not so good' or somethin' like that is nonsense and childish, in my opinion. MJ is the best, ok, I bet we all know that here, we are in a Michael Jackson forum but can we put Michael to the side for one second and also talk about some other musicians, please?

Craig is unbelievably talented and he's doing it right - one doesn't always have to try to be up in the charts or try to be "so 2010". He's doing his style, he doesn't try to proof anything, he's just doing his own thing and tryin' to improve himself and his talent, that's all and I love all of his work - really!

That's totally true! And his newest Motown album is off the hook, in my opinion, too!
Why does everybody always have to compare him to MJ? Is MJ the only musician out there? We all know that he's one of the best or even THE best for the most of us here but there are also a lotta other musicians out there who are really good and deserve some respect or recognition! Always comparing to Mike and then followed by saying, 'Ah, MJ is waaay better, that guy is not so good' or somethin' like that is nonsense and childish, in my opinion. MJ is the best, ok, I bet we all know that here, we are in a Michael Jackson forum but can we put Michael to the side for one second and also talk about some other musicians, please?

Yeah i've been saying that for weeks, even months now and im sick of saying it. If you compare everyone to Michael then everyone else is bound to look bad in comparison.

I sound like a broken record, but this section is designed specifically to be an escape from talking about Michael to talk about other musicians. People are ruining that tbh.

Craig is unbelievably talented and he's doing it right - one doesn't always have to try to be up in the charts or try to be "so 2010". He's doing his style, he doesn't try to proof anything, he's just doing his own thing and tryin' to improve himself and his talent, that's all and I love all of his work - really!

I totally agree with that, Craig has a good voice ( like an angel :D ) and he got real talent
in my opinion. Think he chooses the right way, a way that more celebrities should choose. Cause most of them, have no own opinion I think, they all do what everybody is doing.
So not did Craig ;) He is a fabulous acoustic singer. Thats the honest truth, Michael would be proud of him,

Yeah i've been saying that for weeks, even months now and im sick of saying it. If you compare everyone to Michael then everyone else is bound to look bad in comparison.

I sound like a broken record, but this section is designed specifically to be an escape from talking about Michael to talk about other musicians. People are ruining that tbh.

Totally agree! ;)

I totally agree with that, Craig has a good voice ( like an angel :D ) and he got real talent
in my opinion. Think he choose the right way, a way that more celebrities should choose. Cause most of them, have no own opinion I think, they all do what everybody is doing.
So not did Craig ;) He is a fabulous acoustic singer. Thats the honest truth, Michael would be proud of him,

Thanks, hun' - very nice post! :)

I think he's really talented... and his voice... OMG, it's amazing, I have most of his CDs, among my faves are Rise and Fall, Walking away and All alone tonight.

I think he's really talented... and his voice... OMG, it's amazing, I have most of his CDs, among my faves are Rise and Fall, Walking away and All alone tonight.

Yupp, I have all of his albums and they're awesome!
And you just called some of the best songs by him ever - I love these three songs you mentioned, too! :)

Back