Defense Tactics: Look what TMZ is saying..is this going to be the defense in the trial?

You are far more optimistic of juries than I am! In the U.S., many people called for jury-duty can find ways to get out of it, and juries can be primarily made up of people who are unemployed, retired, and so on. It's possible for either side to challenge (try to get removed) a juror. In this case, the defense will try to select jurors who are not well educated, I'm sure. Of course, there are exceptions, but that is the general trend. A lot of people read only headlines, and aren't necessarily able to differentiate a sensational story, from a true one. I'm sure Murray's defense is counting on this.

Sneedon was counting on sensational headlines also, and we all saw how that turned out.

I have sat on a jury on five different occasions in my lifetime, so far, and can tell you that they are made up of people from ALL walks of life, including those who are employed.

To say that somebody not being well educated could possibly make them a bad juror, is sort of insulting, in my opinion.

whatever happend u never use propofol for a dentist procedure wtf

if this is true and no mather there was a anthi. with them i would be so angry... pff

there is never a procedure with your teeth! that require propofol.. what was he thinking? on his son? oef... im going to loose it..

im sorry i m a fan but this is not something how im raised i can aprove of im sorry. its against every vain in my body

Edit: if its true..

Now here's where it gets mysterious. The Board -- which learned of Tadrissi's actions after Michael died -- initiated a disciplinary action against Tadrissi for allowing Blanket to be anesthetized in his office.

TMZ is having a memory loss I guess. Murray is the one who told detectives that MJ got propofol from other doctors before. He's the one that gave the names of Dr.Adams and Dr. Tadrissi to the cops. That's why their medical records were subpoenaed and medical boards investigated them. TMZ reported these all along.

Deborah French ( http://twitter.com/#!/DeborahFfrench ) has emailed the Estate.. she also called & had people email Margaret Lodise (Guardian At Litem to MJ's kids) so lets see what happens..

My understanding is that Margaret G. Lodise is only assigned for the estate matters. Regardless; other than expressing unhappiness with the story, I cannot see what can be done about TMZ's story legally.

Yes, but that is assuming that the TMZ story is even TRUE, regarding Blanket? (Quite right about dental phobias. Every filling in my mouth was done when I was a child, and there was no anesthetic whatsoever. It amounted to severe TORTURE. Needless to say, I now require some sort of sedation for ANY dental procedure. O.T., though. . )

Whether Blanket part of the story is true or false is irrelevant IMO. sedation for children during dental procedures is actually recommended as they cannot stay still for a long time and get afraid, cry etc. and again even if's true - it was one time thing (july 2008), a legit procedure with a legit doctor and a licensed anesthesiologist.

So IMO there wasn't a unnecessary exposure or negligent medical risk for Michael (or Blanket if true).

this tells me that the defense is still going with their drug addict theory and now they are tying to push a case that Michael put his own child in danger..dont be surprised if something like this comes up at court..them trying to push a child endangerment case against Michael..it makes me sick...Murray's side is running out of lies..so know they are gonna try and tarnish Michael's parental skills....that is a dangerous road to try and travel...they should know that they cannot introduce a minor child into there lies.

whatever happend u never use propofol for a dentist procedure wtf

if this is true and no mather there was a anthi. with them i would be so angry... pff

there is never a procedure with your teeth! that require propofol.. what was he thinking? on his son? oef... im going to loose it..

im sorry i m a fan but this is not something how im raised i can aprove of im sorry. its against every vain in my body

Edit: if its true..
seriously ,i don't need to be dramatic . dentist usually prefer to use general anesthesia for kids when the procedure takes loner time,if u r doing filling on adult ,lets say it is going to take 30 min for kid that becomes some time an hour depending upon kid ,if that kid is hyper active it takes more time .some time dentist suggest that all procedure to be finished in one setting which again required sedation.for child with special needs ,again some dentist prefer general anesthesia.children are not co-operative,i am sure usage of general anesthesia is suggestion by dentist,parent usually don't come with that idea.
p.s.thank u ivy for answer.

I lost count of how many sensationalist headlines we had in the run up to 05 but it never stuck. Although I'd like to pull Harry Levin's tooth without anesthesia and see how he feels. As someone that is scared stiff of the dentist I completely empathise. My parents had to ask my dentist to sedate me as I kept leaping out of the chair when I had to have a tooth pulled out when I was 7. And that was 17 years ago.

there is never a procedure with your teeth! that require propofol..

not true. I know for a fact that propofol can be used during wisdom teeth removal. I'm sure that there will be other dental procedures / oral surgeries as well.

well if the defence try this route and i presume they will seeing as this info no doubt came from them to do damage control after the prelim i hope the pros files motions to make this info inadmissable due it its irrelevence and the fact mj cant take the stand to defend himself

MJ Pushed Dr. To Improperly Give Son Anesthesia

1/13/2011 1:00 AM PST by TMZ Staff
TMZ has learned ... Michael Jackson subjected one of his children to the same risky medical treatment that eventually killed him.

0112-michael-jackson-blanket-ex-getty-2.jpg

Sources tell TMZ ... Michael cajoled a Las Vegas dentist into performing a procedure on Blanket in July, 2008, that involved putting the boy under anesthesia for 2 hours in a dental office that did not have the necessary permit for anesthesia.

TMZ has obtained internal documents from the Nevada Board of Dental Examiners, which detail Michael Jackson's interactions with Dr. Mark Tadrissi. According to the documents, Tadrissi told Michael he couldn't perform the procedure on Blanket because he lacked the permit.

According to the Board's investigator, Michael didn't want to hear about permits and told the doctor, "Have an anesthesiologist do whatever type of sedation required."

Tadrissi capitulated and performed the 2 hour procedure on Blanket ... who was 6 years old at the time. An anesthesiologist had Blanket sedated the entire time.

Now here's where it gets mysterious. The Board -- which learned of Tadrissi's actions after Michael died -- initiated a disciplinary action against Tadrissi for allowing Blanket to be anesthetized in his office. The Board also went after Dr. Tadrissi for allowing Michael to receive Propofol in his office, without the proper permit.

Dr. Tadrissi struck a deal with the Board in 2010 in which he was sanctioned. In a draft of the report, the Board based the sanctions on his treatment of both Blanket and Michael. But in the final version of the report Blanket was taken completely out -- there is no mention of the boy or his treatment.

One source connected with the investigation tells TMZ ... pressure was put on the Board to omit Blanket from the report, and when the final version was issued, the discipline was based solely on Michael's treatment.

Jackson Targeted Dentists to Fuel Addiction

7/12/2009 5:57 AM PDT by TMZ Staff
0626_michael_jackson_exd_11-1.jpg

Doctors aren't the only ones in the cross hairs of authorities who want to find out how Michael Jackson scored various drugs, including anesthesia -- turns out Jackson knew his way around various dental offices as well.

As we have already reported, medical professionals have told TMZ Jackson was an "anesthesia addict," who would would seek out Propofol and other drugs that would sedate him or knock him out. Law enforcement is aware of this, sources say, and dental offices are part of their investigation.

Several Los Angeles doctors have told TMZ it was known in medical circles that Jackson used dentists to feed his habit.

A story just published in the Las Vegas Review-Journal buttresses the stories we've been reporting -- that Jackson had "doctor shopping" down to a science. According to the report, in 2003, a doctor (who spoke on the condition of anonymity) was summoned to Jackson's suite at the Mirage in Vegas.

The doctor says Jackson complained of a sore throat and cough and quickly determined it was a ploy to score prescription drugs. The doctor said, "The whole thing was staged. It was all a lie. They just wanted drugs. They wanted me to call in all these pills under someone else's name."

The doctor says when he refused to go along, Jackson's handlers intimidated him, saying doctors always helped the singer. The MD says at one point he said, "I'll see what I can do," and the handler "came up to me and put a finger in my chest and said 'You do that.'"

:wtf:

In the hands of a trained anesthesiologist propitious is a safe drug. In the hands of a incompetent **** it is a weapon. Court cases are won in courtrooms not tmz

Actually according to the dental board documents it's true that Mark Tadrissi is sanctioned for allowing a Nevada licensed anesthesiologist giving MJ general anesthesia in his office for which he lacks a site permit (doesn't have permits for anesthesia given in his office).

see: https://nvbod.glsuite.us/DataTier/D.../2/6/aff195be-19f5-4999-9cf9-85dc697df836.pdf
page 2 first paragraf

Like TMZ says there's no mention of Blanket.

So it's a dental procedure with a reason for anesthesia (according to TMZ), that occured with a legit dentist and a LICENSED anesthesiologist (according to the dental board documents), that just happened in an office without permit for anesthesia (according to TMZ and dental board). So it's nothing more than a "location" and "documentation" issue and NOT a "medical risk" issue.

(If you read the above document you'll see the Board of dental examiner's sanction is based solely on "failure to acquire necessary permits").

Regardless I agree wholeheartedly that the headline is HIGHLY sensationalized and designed to make MJ look bad.

yet another non story.:smilerolleyes: try again arseholes

This could have been deliberately planted by Murray's defense team. TMZ and other tabloid shows are not known for naming sources, or verifying the authenticity of their "reporting." Sadly, I think we can expect more of this crap.

agree. and just when nevada is looking at his licence aswell. same ole

doesn't this kind of news taint the jury pool ,how this is going to affect them?
yes it taints ppl and thats why the laws in the usa are so ridiculous inregards to this . u just hope they dont remember half the crap they read when it comes to only hearing whats said in court and not in the press. yet again mj will be on trial. mjs name and his kids dragged through the mud for 2 years prison max, aint even worth it half the time

As we have already reported, medical professionals have told TMZ Jackson was an "anesthesia addict," who would would seek out Propofol and other drugs that would sedate him or knock him out. Law enforcement is aware of this, sources say, and dental offices are part of their investigation.

Several Los Angeles doctors have told TMZ it was known in medical circles that Jackson used dentists to feed his habit.

A story just published in the Las Vegas Review-Journal buttresses the stories we've been reporting -- that Jackson had "doctor shopping" down to a science. According to the report, in 2003, a doctor (who spoke on the condition of anonymity) was summoned to Jackson's suite at the Mirage in Vegas.

The doctor says Jackson complained of a sore throat and cough and quickly determined it was a ploy to score prescription drugs. The doctor said, "The whole thing was staged. It was all a lie. They just wanted drugs. They wanted me to call in all these pills under someone else's name."

The doctor says when he refused to go along, Jackson's handlers intimidated him, saying doctors always helped the singer. The MD says at one point he said, "I'll see what I can do," and the handler "came up to me and put a finger in my chest and said 'You do that.'"

So is Murray going to claim intimidation now?
Somehow I can't see MJ's bodyguards insisting that Michael isn't monitored and that there is no resus equipment in the room......

Last edited:
Murray is 6'5 225 lbs, ain't none of those bodyguards intimidated him to do anything. Murray should've stayed in Texas with his poor patients and MJ would've still been alive.

Thus far, the ONLY "fire" I have seen from certain members of the family came regarding the 3-FAKE songs.

Any response aside from that has either been "passive" or didn't exist at all. Such A Pity!

Well, they ought to speak up when its concerning the kids. Little Blanket is probably somewhere playing with his X-men or learning his multiplication tables not knowing he's the subject of worldwide attention by a bunch of fools for something his loving father did to help him.

Actually according to the dental board documents it's true that Mark Tadrissi is sanctioned for allowing a Nevada licensed anesthesiologist giving MJ general anesthesia in his office for which he lacks a site permit (doesn't have permits for anesthesia given in his office).

see: https://nvbod.glsuite.us/DataTier/D.../2/6/aff195be-19f5-4999-9cf9-85dc697df836.pdf
page 2 first paragraf

Like TMZ says there's no mention of Blanket.

So it's a dental procedure with a reason for anesthesia (according to TMZ), that occured with a legit dentist and a LICENSED anesthesiologist (according to the dental board documents), that just happened in an office without permit for anesthesia (according to TMZ and dental board). So it's nothing more than a "location" and "documentation" issue and NOT a "medical risk" issue.

(If you read the above document you'll see the Board of dental examiner's sanction is based solely on "failure to acquire necessary permits").

Regardless I agree wholeheartedly that the headline is HIGHLY sensationalized and designed to make MJ look bad.

Ivy, thanks, you're good at explaining clearly & calming people down.

Well, they ought to speak up when its concerning the kids. Little Blanket is probably somewhere playing with his X-men or learning his multiplication tables not knowing he's the subject of worldwide attention by a bunch of fools for something his loving father did to help him.

why would they. the kids already probably think ther dad was a druggie anyway considering whos raising them

I don't know how these people live with themselves doing these kind of stories. Michael would not endanger his children. I know we need to do the trial but I am not looking forward to it.

ivy posted the docs above

yeh sorry, i've edited my post now. thnx.

edit:

i thought they were talkin about some other documents, like the drafts, not the final report.
because it says
TMZ has obtained internal documents from the Nevada Board of Dental Examiners, which detail Michael Jackson's interactions with Dr. Mark Tadrissi. According to the documents, Tadrissi told Michael he couldn't perform the procedure on Blanket because he lacked the permit.
even though later on in the article TMZ says the final report doesn't mention Blanket.. confusing..

Last edited:
Yes, I remember very well the verbal violence of Sneddon and crew. They even had a PR firm (Tellem International). It was totally outrageous. So, either it never happened (Blanket), or if it did, was well within medical/dental standards. We can expect a LOT more of this, sadly.

"Pressure was put on teh medical board to omit Blanket in the testimony"...by who? By MJ? Right! :doh: (And like the MEDICAL BOARD would agree to leave that out "under pressure" if it was a case of endangering a child! :doh: ) I bet the reason why Blanket's name won't be there is because it never even happened in the first place. ANd if it did, there was nothing "sinister" in it. I am also certain that they deliberately used Blanket's name to add "shock value" because people will associate his name with the dangling incident. It would not have teh same effect they would say it was Prince or Paris.

Also, I don't see how this could help Murray in any kind of way. HE is the one on trial...not that other guy. If the other guy is an anesthesiologist he obviously is TRAINED to give Propofol and will know what to do if a patient stops breathing. Murray did not know what to do. MJ didn't DIE when that guy administered Propofol. And obviously that guy kept a record of the sedation or I dount they'd know about it or would be able to prove it. Murray was treating MJ for three YEARS, and there is not one record that can be found.

And again, all these people trying to say they gave Propofol because "MICHAEL WANTED!!! HE INSISTED!!". So Dr. Murray...If someone insists that you put a gun to their head and pull the trigger...would you do THAT too then? After all...they WANTED!!! And they INSISTED!!! If a patient dying of cancer asks you to put them out of their misery and give them a drug so that they will die....will you do that too? Because they WANTED...and they INSISTED?! :doh: So it's now the patient who carries the responsibility, not the doctor? The doctor can do whatever he wants as long as the "patient insisted"....Well....how do we know Michael insisted anything in the first place? Do they have in writing that they informed Michael about the anesthesia and it's risks....and did he sign it? :mello:

This thing is ridicilous. Sensationalism. And that still won't help Murray. It won't make his actions any less reckless.

They can't be serious. Kids get sedated all the time for dental care. My son can't get anything major done unless its under sedation. There are entire dental practices that specialize in sedation care especially for kids and it still doesn't compare to Murray. Blanket's here, Michael's not. This little bs doesn't let Murray off the hook in any way.

"Pressure was put on teh medical board to omit Blanket in the testimony"...by who? By MJ? Right! :doh: I bet the reason why Blanket's name won't be there is because it never even happened in the first place. ANd if it did, there was nothing "sinister" in it. I am also certain that they deliberately used Blanket's name to add "shock value" because people will associate his name with the dangling incident. It would not have teh same effect they would say it was Prince or Paris.

Yeh I don't understand that, and they can't be talking about MJ doing any pressuring, even though some people will think that, because this investigation was done after his death!

not true. I know for a fact that propofol can be used during wisdom teeth removal. I'm sure that there will be other dental procedures / oral surgeries as well.

ok maybe in the us *seems there is everything possible with propofol* but not here..

"Pressure was put on teh medical board to omit Blanket in the testimony"...by who? By MJ? Right! :doh: (And like the MEDICAL BOARD would agree to leave that out "under pressure" if it was a case of endangering a child! :doh: ) I bet the reason why Blanket's name won't be there is because it never even happened in the first place. ANd if it did, there was nothing "sinister" in it. I am also certain that they deliberately used Blanket's name to add "shock value" because people will associate his name with the dangling incident. It would not have teh same effect they would say it was Prince or Paris.

Also, I don't see how this could help Murray in any kind of way. HE is the one on trial...not that other guy. If the other guy is an anesthesiologist he obviously is TRAINED to give Propofol and will know what to do if a patient stops breathing. Murray did not know what to do. MJ didn't DIE when that guy administered Propofol. And obviously that guy kept a record of the sedation or I dount they'd know about it or would be able to prove it. Murray was treating MJ for three YEARS, and there is not one record that can be found.

And again, all these people trying to say they gave Propofol because "MICHAEL WANTED!!! HE INSISTED!!". So Dr. Murray...If someone insists that you put a gun to their head and pull the trigger...would you do THAT too then? After all...they WANTED!!! And they INSISTED!!! If a patient dying of cancer asks you to put them out of their misery and give them a drug so that they will die....will you do that too? Because they WANTED...and they INSISTED?! :doh: So it's now the patient who carries the responsibility, not the doctor? The doctor can do whatever he wants as long as the "patient insisted"....Well....how do we know Michael insisted anything in the first place? Do they have in writing that they informed Michael about the anesthesia and it's risks....and did he sign it? :mello:

This thing is ridicilous. Sensationalism. And that still won't help Murray. It won't make his actions any less reckless.
Summer I love your post's you always take it too the next level and MAKE people understand the situation...because...YOU DO have alot of medical knowledge and can put thing out for people in laymen s terms..:clapping:

I don't understand how they can't leave Michael alone even now. It's hard to ignore these things. People believe these crazy stories and it makes things hard. These things feel like an invasion of privacy. I don't know how Michael dealt with it all.

Speaking of signing off on anesthesia and it's risks, aren't there forms that are supposed to be signed by the patient when undergoing anesthesia?

Yep. And it's another one of those "even ifs" - doesn't change anything that Murray did and doesn't change the fact that a doctor has to say no to it, especially if it's for treating insomnia.

I'm scared to death of dentists, so I have asked a couple in my lifetime if it's possible to do things under anesthesia*** (which I'm scared of too, but I thought I'd still ask and then ask for more information in case they say yes) - I know there are dentists here who do this, but health insurance doesn't cover it and I probably couldn't afford it, that would be something I'd have to find out first as well. I think those that are offering it will give you anesthesia if you ask for it, possibly not if you just need a new filling, but for bigger things.

But this is what I heard from all the dentists - anesthesia is too much of a risk for relativly small things that can be done with lidocaine (even if it's a wisdom tooth that has to be surgically removed or similar things). That the anesthesia as such is a risk that one shouldn't take for anything that a dentist does. Now I'm sure I'd get a bit of a different story if I went to one of those that you have to pay for yourself. But in general - they will tell you "no". So I don't really get what the hell is wrong with all those doctors. IF the story is true.

P.S. ***Which they could use against me if a doctor ever gives me Propofol for my insomia? Right? Or can a patient ask stupid things out of fear?

P.P.S.:
So if you ask to have a sedation when getting dental work done, you are immediately an "addict seeking to get a fix"?

Have not read the rest of your post yet ... but yes, wow, I must be a (Propofol) addict too then looking for a fix!

Last edited:
Back