dewey is in the HOT SEAT!

Hey :ciao:

How have you been, Dewey?

Anything exciting happened last week?

Fave season of the year?

What book are you reading now?

Sweet Daz! I'm alright, I guess. Feeling a little 'under the weather' yesterday and today. :( Nothing too exciting happening last week, steady laughing, you could say... Spring is my favorite season, it's so beautiful.

I'm still reading Bitter Greens by Kate Forsyth, page 243. (Historical fiction about Rapunzel) Sometimes, it takes me forever to finish a book.

Yes!! Could you believe that news??
To kill a Mockingbird and Gone With the Wind are my two favorite books AND movies. Rare times when the movie totally matched the magic of the novels.
You're a librarian? I'm jealous. Where at??

I also love those 2 books and films! :yes: Couldn't agree more about how they match.

Yes, I am a Librarian Girl. :lol: In Orlando, Florida.

I'm still reading Bitter Greens by Kate Forsyth, page 243. (Historical fiction about Rapunzel) Sometimes, it takes me forever to finish a book.

That sounds very interesting.

Kate Forsyth is an Australian author with a Ph.D in folklore/fairy tale something or other. :lol: The book is set in medieval Italy (nunneries, witches, lots of hair references...it's good so far)

I read the description for it on goodreads. Sounds like a very innovative idea and a very interesting and unique perspective. It reminds me of the film "The Hours" for some reason. Have you seen it?

No, but I just read the description for it on IMDb. How fascinating!

This came to mind :D

Would you choose a day at the beach or have a brisk walk in the forest?

Why yes! :lol:

TFs9Nq.png

Ah, that makes sense. :lol: I live quite far from the beach. I have only ever been once. :p

I would love to live on the beach, but the potential threat of hurricanes scares me. Went through 3 in 2004.

Yeah, I live in a safe cocoon of mountains. :lol: We don't even feel earthquakes here, unless they're very strong. The last earthquake that was felt in my region was in 1977, I think. And even then, the greatest damage was a few broken lamps. :lol: Whereas in the south, it brought buildings down. :bugeyed

Hey Dewey,

Next silly question for you.

You see it's a Sunny day outside, what do you plan to do? Even secretly if you need to go to work or have other duties to attend to? :D

I would love to play "hooky" with my boys and go to the beach all day. {But, I'd probably just go to work.):p

hooky
[ ?ho?ok? ]
NOUN informal (play hooky)
stay away from school or work without permission or explanation.

It's an idiom, an expression for 'being absent without leave' you could say.

My boys are 14 and 11. :D

Thanks for that idiom :D

Wow, beautiful ages, right? I'm sure, you are really proud of them :blush:

A cool question popped into my head :lol:

If you could ONLY save 5 books out of the library, what would they be and why?

Oooooh. I'll have to think on that for a bit. Do you mean for people to check out or have as reference in the library? So much information is now available online, from Google to subscription based databases...many people no longer use a library as they did 20 years ago. Surprisingly, patrons still come to the library to read newspapers. Power supply is a huge priority now too because people want to plug in to recharge their phones or laptops.

Anyway. :laugh:

I'd say bestselling fiction books are still a must. Then children's books, all grade levels. An excellent dictionary and encyclopedia set. Test prep books. Language learning.

It's very hard to choose just five titles.

Last edited:
Nice choices made :agree:

WOW, FREE electricity too then? :blink:

I agree especially tabs go 'hungry' quick :blush:

How awesome is it to work around books all day? I have decided that in case I fail at what I want to do now, I will get one of those librarian degrees and work in a library. And if I fail at that too, I will get a job at a book store. :lol:

By the way, how long is that librarian course thing? :unsure:

Well, here in the US, after you get a Bachelor's degree in a field of study, you can get a Master's degree in Library and Information Science. It takes a year if you do it full time and now, it can be done online. I thought about doing the dual Juris Doctor/MLS route, but didn't go for it.

I enjoy working with the books and all materials, but being a public librarian also requires dealing with people/customer service everyday. :blink:

Last edited:
Why not? :unsure:

Yeah, but as you said, people don't frequent libraries as they used to. :lol: Maybe I would try out for some library at a university or something. :lol: Although I suppose those are more frequented...

Academic libraries are a great option. :yes:

Do you mean why didn't I go for the JD/MLS degree? I guess I didn't want to do all the extra work. :laugh: Legal research is very interesting.

Yeah, I always see myself working at a university in some capacity or another. :lol: I think I was made for school.

Aw, that's too bad. It is indeed interesting. :yes:

Don't know if this has been asked yet or not but, If you could sit and talk with any figure from history, from any century, who would it be and why?

Other than Michael... I'd say Michelangelo. His sculpture/art is incredible.

Ready for more :D

"What could have happened to you in Highschool that would have altered the course of your life? "

"What was the meanest thing someone ever said to you? "

"What was the most heartwarming thing someone ever said to you? "

Don't forget to pop into fellow HOTseats though
:cheeky:

:hiya:

Daz, you always keep me thinking.

I loved high school. I had a chance to go to Québec to be immersed in learning French, but I didn't go for it because I was scared to death to not be able to speak English. :laugh: I also stopped playing clarinet after high school, but if I would've continued in college, maybe I would've done more things with music. And... being more involved with the college applications process in high school may have sent me in a completely different direction as far as where I went to college.

Meanest thing? Well...:blush: I walk with a limp, so... I've experienced some meanness just based on my appearance.

Heartwarming? "We'd like to welcome you to the MJJC team." :winking2: Or, "You're the best Mommy ever" (my son)

I'll be sure to check my list of questions for others in the Hot Seat. :yes:

Back