Did he even like Pepsi?

Ms. BlueGangsta

Proud Member
Did he really like to drink Pepsi, or did he lie to us in every commercial. :bugeyed
If you know please tell me.:D
pepsi-michael-jackson_live.jpg

No, he didn't drink Pepsi. But he didn't lie. You never see him drink it in any commercial.

He made it point blank that he would never drink the stuff, and in the ad, he appears to drink from the can, but its empty.
MJ resented having to shill for a sugary drink he opposed and only did the ads for the Pepsi promotion of the Victory tour.

Like everyone says, I too heard that he did not actually like Pepsi. I don't think he drank much sugary soda anyway. Just judging by his weight. LOL. Because of the very high sugar content that's stuff is extremely unhealthy (Pepsi, Coke, no matter which one) when people drink it a lot.

It makes no difference to me whether singers/actors like the product they advertise or not.

For the most part, I think artists do not like the products they advertise, neither do they have.

Aside this, personally I felt a bit annoyed when Pepsi, in 2012, launched a new venture that featured MJ’ s image on (over a billion of) its cans.

Especially, taking into account the fact that Pepsi decided to immediately end its sponsorship of MJ right after the 1993 allegations.

Here's a joke at Pepsi's expense, it looks gross but Michael made a point. He preferred drinking coke, fanta, etc.

434338_1347650202377_453_300.jpg
what the heck is that???

Especially, taking into account the fact that Pepsi decided to immediately end its sponsorship of MJ right after the 1993 allegations.
that's when I stopped drinking it, too. I only drank it because of Michael, but when they stopped that sponsorship right after the allegations, I decided to boycott Pepsi

mj_frenzy;4143885 said:
Aside this, personally I felt a bit annoyed when Pepsi, in 2012, launched a new venture that featured MJ’ s image on (over a billion of) its cans.

Michaels Lover;4143900 said:
I stopped drinking it, too. I only drank it because of Michael, but when they stopped that sponsorship right after the allegations, I decided to boycott Pepsi

I still hold a bitter angered grudge at Pepsi (mainly Pepsi Canada) because they promised they sell MJ cans worldwide for Bad 25 promotion, but they didn't, they sold the cans in limited countries which and they say they're gonna sell those in Canada, but they lied and after I emailed Pepsi Canada and got their response which didn't give me the answer I wanted to which I was insulted when they didn't take me seriously so I boycotted and officially quit with Pepsi and never drank, buy or support the product since.

He made it point blank that he would never drink the stuff, and in the ad, he appears to drink from the can, but its empty.
MJ resented having to shill for a sugary drink he opposed and only did the ads for the Pepsi promotion of the Victory tour.

Bahaha! rofling HARD right now.

I knew he did not drink it, but I did not know that he was that opposed to it.

in which ad did he appear to drink from the can?? I have never seen that in any of the commercials he has done. only in this one, Tito and Jackie does it
and the bottle at least, is clearly not empty

Image2_1.jpg

Image1_1.jpg

mj_frenzy;4143885 said:
personally I felt a bit annoyed when Pepsi, in 2012, launched a new venture that featured MJ’ s image on (over a billion of) its cans.

I think the pesi contract ended, when Michael cancelled the rest of the dangerous tour and not "right after the allegations". Those two go close together but as I remember it, the deal made with pepsi was conected to the tour, so as he cancelled the tour their obligations were off. Pepsi could maybe have made a clear statement or handeled things differently but that would be anothe story...

^Yeah, the allegations were known worldwide on late August 1993, if I remember correctly but Pepsi didn't dismiss him despite the horrendous claims.

pepsi too sugary anyways I prefer coke but i need to stop drinking sodas all together

I quit with Pepsi and for personal reason I stopped drinking Coke, I'll have to drink a different brand of cola I don't care.

I've always preferred Coke over Pepsi, I just asked my parents to buy me that soda to collect these Pepsi MJ cups back in 1993. There were 6 in total, the Dangerous eyes in black, white, and pink and the BOW silhouette in black and gold. I wanted to get the Bad 25 cans but I didn't find them.

2unuk1t.jpg

JamesDean;4144312 said:
I think the pesi contract ended, when Michael cancelled the rest of the dangerous tour and not "right after the allegations". Those two go close together but as I remember it, the deal made with pepsi was conected to the tour, so as he cancelled the tour their obligations were off. Pepsi could maybe have made a clear statement or handeled things differently but that would be anothe story...

Let me be more specific:

Of course, contractual agreements (regarding Pepsi’s sponsorship of the ‘Dangerous’ Tour itself) were applied immediately when the tour abruptly ended.

But, the 1993 allegations was the starting point for Pepsi to end that broader relationship (that included also the sponsorship of the tour itself) which had been built even years before. Also, as far as I know, Pepsi never made a statement in support of MJ (during that period), nor did it try to re-approach MJ again the following years.

This only cements my opinion that Pepsi tried to distance itself from MJ as soon as the 1993 allegations came to light, & for me, this is what matters.

Finally, Pepsi’s general, unfavorable treatment towards MJ at that time (that goes beyond a mere end of a tour sponsorship agreement) was also reflected on many of his fans who not only stopped drinking that beverage but also eagerly boycotted that drink.

(personally, I do not remember myself even tasting Pepsi because I abhor that type of drinks)

I've always preferred Coke over Pepsi, I just asked my parents to buy me that soda to collect these Pepsi MJ cups back in 1993. There were 6 in total, the Dangerous eyes in black, white, and pink and the BOW silhouette in black and gold. I wanted to get the Bad 25 cans but I didn't find them.

2unuk1t.jpg
oh my, these cups are cool. I've never seen them. I did look for Pepsi Bad25 cans but couldn't find them here.
We were raised on Koolaid, but when we grew up we graduated to soda, because we didn't like coffee or tea. My sister became a Pepsi fanatic around the time of the Alfonso commercial (although she doesn't care about Michael). I've never seen her or her kids drink anything other than Pepsi. Ever.
When I think of Pepsi, I think Michael, my sister, and Joan Crawford.

I purchased these cups a while back on eBay...we never got cool things like that in my country
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
I don't if it's my phone but I can't see your pic.

My bad, there were 7 cups. The first pic I posted are mine.

Vasos-pepsi-michael-jackson-20150221080844.jpg

Mexico broadcasted the Pepsi commercial Mike did in the Dangerous era and Billie Jean street version quite often. And even though not all people aren't fans or hardcore ones like myself, many bought the cups.

can you see it now? and wow, I want all those cups :eek:hno:

Back