Did Latoya Jackson have vitiligo?

dancemasterman

Proud Member
I put this here instead of the Jackson's thread because it can be used in the debate to prove MJ had it.

Latoya looks very light these days. does anybody know if latoya jackson has vitiligo?

No she doesnt have vitiligo like Michael did
Vitiligo doesnt give someone a lighter complexion
it completly removes pigment _ snow white no color

I hope that helps :)

because it can be used in the debate to prove MJ had it.

I offer this video for evidence I made this last year _ along with Dr Kleins
statement on Larry King live last week that he indeed treated MJ for
vitiligo and lupus and that the vitiligo covered Mj whole body extensivley
No one had gathered all the facts and presented them to make a case
in Michaels defense _ I wanted something to show people the facts as I
found them and make up thier own mind _ I am also going to do an update
video to add Dr kliens statements _

How did Michael jackson skin turn white?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ6b7kHGsSg

How do I embed this video ???

Last edited:
LaToya has always had a lighter skin tone than her brothers - no she doesn't have vilitigo

35coork.jpg

okay, I knew that vitiligo didn't evenly lighten the skin. It makes patches and spots and often times people with vitiligo intentionally go lighter as a way to even it out and get rid of the blotches.

okay, I knew that vitiligo didn't evenly lighten the skin. It makes patches and spots and often times people with vitiligo intentionally go lighter as a way to even it out and get rid of the blotches.

Indeed. My mum worked for a doctor (hospital) who had vitilgo. I can completely understand why MJ took the bleaching stuff. The vitilgo can make u look like a giraffe.

I don't think there's any need to further prove Michael had vitiligo. There's already plenty of evidence for those who are interested in the truth. And then there are those for whom all the evidence in the world wouldn't suffice.
Oh and no, La Toya doesn't have it..

LaT has always been light. She's a very pretty girl too. I remember seeing a picture of her as a little girl and she looked just like Paris.

ive been a michael fan since i was ten . im 26 now. ive ever been one to be all negative and i dont want to be slammed down for this.. but i never believed MJ had a skin disease. id like to be proved wrong but i dont judge MJ about whatever happened to his skin. its not really my business. but whenevr i see these pictures, i think the same effect could have happened if you were using bleaching creams.. like patches sometimes dont go as white as others

if MJ had vitilgo.. why the gradual change? i mean hes "white " when he did BAD but hes so much whiter , say , HIStory era... why? if you have vitiligo all piment goes. I also look at pics from Thriller era at awards shows etc,, where you can see MJ has tried to put white on his face to appear "whiter" as the flash of the camera shows this up. there apears to be a even black tone under this white

I don't think there's any doubt that he had vitiligo and lupus. It also explains that umbrella you saw him with whenever he went outside. Sunlight is very dangerous for people who suffer from lupus since it makes the desease worse.

but sunlight is also very dangerous for people who have bleached all the pigment out of their skin.. so it doesnt prove anything to me

but sunlight is also very dangerous for people who have bleached all the pigment out of their skin.. so it doesnt prove anything to me
Well, if that's the case it sounds like a pain in the ass thing to do to yourself. Not something you would do out of your own free will.

But anyway, his doctors have confirmed that he suffered from these deseases, and although they have turned out to be not the most trustworthy people I see no reason why they would lie about this. As far as I know no reliable source ever disputed MJ's explanation of why he had the colour that he had. The only ones that did (ad nauseam) are those that wanted to portray him as a fruitcake.

ive been a michael fan since i was ten . im 26 now. ive ever been one to be all negative and i dont want to be slammed down for this.. but i never believed MJ had a skin disease. id like to be proved wrong but i dont judge MJ about whatever happened to his skin. its not really my business. but whenevr i see these pictures, i think the same effect could have happened if you were using bleaching creams.. like patches sometimes dont go as white as others

if MJ had vitilgo.. why the gradual change? i mean hes "white " when he did BAD but hes so much whiter , say , HIStory era... why? if you have vitiligo all piment goes. I also look at pics from Thriller era at awards shows etc,, where you can see MJ has tried to put white on his face to appear "whiter" as the flash of the camera shows this up. there apears to be a even black tone under this white

Are the interviews and things that his dermatologist for 25 years has said in the past and in the last few weeks not enough proof?

I couldnt care less if his face was bright orange. There are more important things to worry about.

( That's not true, it rarely all goes. You'll still have blotches. And I think, but that's just my personnal opinion, that if there is a way to go from black to porcelain white by bleaching your skin, and Michael would want to do that, Michael would hire some real professionals that don't create blotches. But, as far as I know, there is not one treatment that strips away ALL pigmentation in your body. Prove me wrong if there is. Michael always had blotches, people say he was totally white, but that's not true, I'll show you some pictures (from about 2005 I think) where you can see spots on his arms but that are rare pictures since Michael is mostly covered up. It is very plausible that Michael had even more spots on his chest, back and legs but we can't know that and there's no prove of that so I'm not going to argue over that.)

If you don't want to believe it, that's totally up to you. But I do think it's a bit sad. Anyway, I'll try to give you some evidence and I hope you take the time to read it. You can make your own conclusions.

I've got an uncle and an aunt who got Vitiligo and I know what it looks like. However, they mainly got it on their hands and arms and they're white so it isn't as noticeable.
I really do believe Michael has vitiligo.
* Michaels doctor confirmed it
*Michael said it himself
*And there are pictures, even videos where you can still see non-covered blotches.
Vitiligo often start at the hands and with some people, it can be pretty limited but some others gradually get it all over their body, Michael's definately not the only one.
Desiree_Vitiligo_080327_mn.jpg

This little girl has got vitiligo And as you can see, it got worse over the years.
In Michael's case I guesse it went the same, it started with some spots (some say that's why he started to wear the glove, to cover up spots) which were very easy to cover up with some dark make up. and that's what they did but it became clear that in his case, the vitiligo was spreading rapidly, that's why they decided to start covering up the dark spots with lighter make up (just like the little girl above).
Michael gradually became lighter and that's why, I believe, lots of people believe he somehow (I don't know if there is a way to get So white but whatever...) gradually bleached his skin. But just think about it, Wouldn't it be weird if they decided well, not let's stop covering up the light spots with dark makeup and just cover up the dark stopt with porcelain white make up.... That would be ridiculous! He would have gone from black to porcelain white over night. So they covered everything that was visible with make up. (Michael almost always wore long sleeves, long trousers, long hair a hat and gloves and pulled his socks up high) And gradually used a lighter make up.
If you have vitiligo, you'll never have an evened out skin tone. There will always be blotches, and I do believe Michael bleached the dark spots that didn't go away so he doesn't need a thick layer of make up to cover it all up. This is actually a 'treatment' prescibed by doctors if the vitiligo gets so bad. They can't stop it, they can't restore the pigment, they can only try to make the patient look 'okay' to the rest of the world. They make the remaining darker areas lighter to match the affected skin
That's why they might have found 'bleaching creams' and that's why, after a while, Michael's spots don't look like this (this is not Michael by the way):
23_7D5112102D_Maxines_arms%201.jpg

But like this:

There are a lot of videos on youtube of pictures where you can see the vitiligo and some are real but others are just pictures with bad lighting.
Videos on the other hand can't be faked however and since he's running around in this video, it can't be the lighting either. Watch his right arm, if this isn't going to convince you, nothing will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s0e2YPTHIU

Some other pictures where you can see the vitiligo:
In 2002 Michael had a spider bite and he gave his permission to the doctor to release these pictures don't pay attention to the spider bite):
sb3hx4.jpg

mj2dc5.jpg

mj_spider2.jpg

some others:
Look at the arms
018.jpg

on his forehead:
019.jpg

On his wrist and in his neck:
008.jpg

One where the vitiligo hadn't spread that far yet, He's still mainly black but you can see lighter spots on his cheek which was poorly covered up with make up (which is a bit too light)
80.jpg

Look at his arms/wrists, why do you think he's hiding his hands?
mj92.jpg

Some other badly covered up blotches in his neck and on his ear and nose during the bad era. Offcourse, you can't see the black-white spots because, as I said, they gradually started covering everything that's visible with a lot of make up. The make-up is lighter then the black blotches but still a lot darker then the white blotches. You can vaguely see that his skin underneath the thick layer of make up obviously isn't even :
005.jpg

Same day, other angle, same spots on the same place so it can't be the lighting:
020.jpg

As for LaToya, I don't think she's got vitiligo, did she ever say so? As others mentionned before, LaToya has always been lighter then her other brothers and sisters.

Last edited:
Oh and i have experience with bleaching creams, personally and by observation. Bleaching creams don't work like this. Your skin is quite an even tone when you bleach and you don't become de-pigmented by bleaching cream.

And I have seen folks with vitiligo and it is the same process. There is also a newsman of FOX who has this disease and right now is wearing dark make-up to cover up the blotches but soon he will be forced to go lighter in make-up as the disease progress. This was the exact progression of MJ. He went lighter with make-up until it really made no sense. He had to give in to his disease. The eventual depigmentation rules in mose cases of vitiligo patients. They just have to accept that they will be paler than usual. C'est la vie.

MJ couldn't hide it anymore, and he tried for years.

My grandmother is a light skinned black person. One holiday she had on make-up that looked perfectly normal in real time. I took a picture of her with the flash and her face appeared paper white in the picture, especially in contrast to her neck and arms which did not have the make-up on. Those pictures of Michael that you referred to never struck me as off because it looks exactly like what happened to my grandmother. Trust me, she was not turning or trying to be white. It just happened to be the way the flash interacted with the make-up. Pictures don't tell you everything, especially not motive (i.e. It's one thing to say he looked white and it's another to say he intended to look white.).

Vitiligo info:
Vitiligo is a relatively common skin condition in which patches of the skin lose all pigmentation (color) and become milky-white. Lack of pigmentation may also occur in the hair and mucous membranes (e.g., inside the mouth). The condition is usually progressive, with existing patches of white skin expanding over time and new patches forming. The progression may be rapid or gradual. Vitiligo can occur anywhere on the body. It is usually widespread and scattered, but may be localized.

The white patches of vitiligo occur when melanocytes (cells that produce melanin, the substance responsible for skin color) in the skin either disappear or stop working. It is not known why this happens. The most prevalent theory is that vitiligo is an autoimmune disorder, where antibodies (cells that normally fight infection) attack and kill melanocytes. There may be a genetic link to vitiligo.

The white patches of vitiligo may occur anywhere on the body, but they are more common in certain areas (e.g., face, hands, upper arms or legs, genitals). Vitiligo usually shows no other signs or symptoms. However, it may be associated with certain autoimmune diseases (e.g., high or low levels of thyroid hormones).

If your pigment cells are being destroyed gradually, then your loss of color will appear gradual as well. If Michael's skin color had changed overnight, I suspect that you might have had the same argument: "How did it happen so suddenly? If you had a disorder your cells would be destroyed gradually. Clearly, he did something to make it happen."

Additionally, if his face, one of the common vitiligo areas, was the earliest to lose pigment, it would make sense that his face would appear lighter.

My question to you would be why would someone completely remove their pigment and how could they do it?

Michael's own dermatologist said he did have vitiligo. I don't think we need more proof than that.

I think LaToya just has a lighter skin tone, but if that was MJ he'd get accused of lightening his skin tone...why is the media so against MJ?!.. anyway..

About the make-up in Thriller Era that you mention - Back then, make-up companies did not spend money developing good make-up in a ranges of tones for black people... it was RUBBISH and often gave an 'Ashy' look, which is what I think you are referring to.

This article may be of interest - http://foundationforblackskin.com/2...k-skin-the-history-of-make-up-for-black-skin/

''Make Up For Black Skin – The Difference

One of the major differences between make up for black skin and make up for lighter skin shades has to do with the underlying tones that the skin is made up of. Each tone type will react differently depending on how the cosmetic product was created. While some shades will enhance your natural beauty, others will leave your skin looking ashy, pale and chalky.''

Some companies really get it right now though, such as MAC.

Even in recent photos of him leaving the clinic, you can see the uneven colour in his face, like under MJs make up he still had visible vitiligo patches even though they had been lightened by treatment. I'll post some pics later..

MJ first wore brown makeup to cover up the vitiligo...then as there was more white than brown patches they switched to white makeup and had treatment to lighten the patches. There is a man that lives near me that has vitiligo and is going through the same (without the make up). And that Fox News presenter.. Lee Thomas/Thomas Lee...

He had it. Why do people find this so hard to believe?

Last edited:
thanks guys for all the info. really hope i havent annoyed anyone over this. ill read all this stuff thoroughly

can i just say though, that when it says the "progression may be rapid or gradual". i take this to mean the progression over the body.. not the progression in colour - from black to gragually lighter, ending up white. so i am still really unsure as to why MJ was darker in the BAD era than he was during the HIStory era, say. this doesnt make any sense to me cos once a patch of skin is affected.. it looses all its pigment and you are white. there is no gradual colour change, from what i understand about this disease.

However I am really interested in everything everyones said and i will be looking more into it. i know its neither here nor there really and it wont bring him back and all this is redundant... but its nice reading about anything MJ related at the mo for me

i think it means progression over the body. It is true once a part is depigmented it is totally white but i think pigement can randomly come back and then go again in areas, but as for your question mj covered those parts with makeup in bad but by history there were so many white parts he gave up and started covering the dark parts, of whicxh there were less.

I honestly don't know what to believe. Because Michael was less than forthcoming about his surgeries, some people understandably question his vitiligo explanation. I found these quotes illuminating by people who knew him well over a long period of time.

Quote by John Landis

"When Michael proudly showed me the results of his first experiments with bleaching his skin (his chest looked like he was wearing a a pale white vest), I was horrified and told him that the doctor who did this was a criminal and that she should go no further," recalls John Landis, who directed "Thriller." He did not speak to me for almost two years after that. And when I did see him again, his plastic surgeries had progressed to the grotesque."

--Source: Rolling Stone Michael Jackson Tribute. p. 83.

Interview with Quincy Jones in Details Magazine

Q: You were there to witness the strange evolution in Michael's appearance. Did you ever step in and saying anything about it?
A: Oh, we talked about it all the time. But he'd come up with, "Man, I promise you I have this disease," and so forth, and "I have a blister on my lungs," and all that kind of b.s. It's hard, because Michael's a Virgo, man—he's very set in his ways. You can't talk him out of it. Chemical peels and all that stuff.

Q: Did you believe him about the disease?
A: I don't believe in any of that bullshit, no. No. Never. I've been around junkies and stuff all my life. I've heard every excuse. It's like smokers—"I only smoke when I drink" and all that stuff. But it's bullshit. You're justifying something that's destructive to your existence. It's crazy. I mean, I came up with Ray Charles, man. You know, nobody gonna pull no wool over my eyes. He did heroin 20 years! Come on. And black coffee and gin for 40 years. But when he called me to come over to see him when he was in the hospital on his way out, man, he had emphysema, hepatitis C, cirrhosis of the liver, and five malignant tumors. Please, man! I've been around this all my life. So it's hard for somebody to pull the wool over my eyes. But when somebody's hell-bent on it, you can't stop 'em.

Q: But it must've been so disturbing to see Michael's face turn into what it turned into.
A: It's ridiculous, man! Chemical peels and all of it. And I don't understand it. But he obviously didn't want to be black.

http://men.style.com/details/features/full?id=content_9937

the opinions of landis and jones are irrelelvent. i scares me how some fans have actually been brainwashed into this skin bleeching stuff. have u read up on lee thomas and and i suggest u google the name Gautam Singhania a indian biz mogul who has vit and only came out a couple of years ago. he is totally white like mj after being dark. the ignorance astounds me even today.u have klien talking about his treatement of mj and testimony ontop of everything else. u can see the amount of makeup mj wore during the bad era and lips which are a main area affected. u can only cover it for some long until u have to dipigmentation like the picture below

Kishore_Biyani-small.jpg

94b.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe it was the colours of make-up used to hide it that changed.

.. not the progression in colour - from black to gragually lighter, ending up white. so i am still really unsure as to why MJ was darker in the BAD era than he was during the HIStory era, say. this doesnt make any sense to me cos once a patch of skin is affected.. it looses all its pigment and you are white. there is no gradual colour change, from what i understand about this disease.

Last edited:
can i just say though, that when it says the "progression may be rapid or gradual". i take this to mean the progression over the body.. not the progression in colour - from black to gragually lighter, ending up white.

Yes, I guess you're right about that. Sorry.

The degree of pigment loss in each vitiligo patch can vary within each patch. This means that within each patch there may be different shades of pigment. A border of darker skin may encircle an area of light skin.

The most important symptom of vitiligo is usually the appearance of a light colored patch in the skin, referred to as de-pigmentation. This de-pigmentation (loss of skin color) may vary in shade from patient to patient and also from one patch to the other. Such white patches are more common on the peripheral parts of the body (like face, hands, torso and genitalia) which are more exposed to sun light. This distribution is some time called centrifugal distribution.
The white/lighter color patches of vitiligo are more easily seen in the dark skin. Vitiligo may be noticed only in winter in the white races when the surrounding skin is tanned, and vitiligo affected skin stands out by contrast, so vitiligo diagnose in white races is relatively difficult.

The degree of pigment loss can vary within each vitiligo patch which means that there may be different shades of brown in a vitiligo patch. This is called ‘trichrome’. A border of darker skin may circle an area of light skin. Vitiligo frequently begins with a rapid loss of pigment which may be followed by a lengthy period when the skin colour does not change. Later, the pigment loss may begin again. The loss of colour may continue until, for unknown reasons, the process stops.

Typical vitiligo shows areas of milky-white skin. However, the degree of pigment loss can vary within each vitiligo patch. There may be different shades of pigment in a patch, or a border of darker skin may circle an area of light skin.

Vitiligo often begins with a rapid loss of pigment. This may continue until, for unknown reasons, the process stops. Cycles of pigment loss, followed by times where the pigment doesn't change, may continue indefinitely.

I am curious as to why you so strongly believe that the pigment loss has to happen all at once.

Last edited:
not sure what ppl are trying to say. u start with vit and u use dark makeup to hide it. once it gets to a stage of a certain % over your body u get offered depigmentation therapy because theres no way u can wear basically full body makeup. like lee thomas said as this stage he can still use makeup to cover it up but he said sooner or later hes gonna have to depigment. same as the india guy i posted above. he talked in articles about having depigmentation thearpy

Michael had vitiligo and he had it bad.

The question people who keep saying that Michael wanted to be white need to ask is how would bleaching ones skin or making ones nose smaller make them white?

Last I checked you can't erase your ethnicity with something that comes out of a tube.

White people don't become black when they get tans, butt implants and curly perms nor do black people get white when they straighten their hair or get nose jobs.

You are what you are and if you look at paperwork concerning MJ he always has "black" listed as ethnicity.

Just being facetious here but I wonder with all this "whiteness" that MJ was after according to many if he had his male endowments REDUCED as well after all you know what they say about the differences in that department....lol

The whole black to white, bleach or skin disease argument is absolutely ridiculous if you ask me.

Michael was a black man...full stop. He probably just couldn't understand as I don't why everybody is so concerned with appearances.

Also, black people come in many shades from french vanilla to dark chocolate. Take the time to look around and you'll see.

Back