Did Michael let us down with his drug addiction?

I was condemend before for saying that he was 'only human' because it was apparently euphemistically validating the possibility of him succumbing to drug addiction ( if he was etc etc ) and now everyone is saying it.

My answer to the question is no. Michael didn't let me down at all, he never could. If anything I feel as though the world let Michael down. If Michael did have a problem with prescription pills be it for real pain or even phantom pain. He obviously found some relief in the meds. Michael has done to much good in the world and has left the world with so much goodness. I just wish that it didn't take his death for people to see that side of him. We were all so blessed to have Michael for the amount of time that we did. We were so blessed that he shared his genius with the world. He touched so many lives I believe in more ways than he ever KNEW. So NO Michael could never let me down. All he as ever done was lift me up. I will always love him for that.

I would have been strung out on crack if I went through half of the stuff that he did, so no, I'm actually in awe that he wasn't addicted to everything on earth. I mean, burned scalp, lupus, vitiligo, the cases, dancer's feet, body aches, no one understanding him, constant travel, wear and tear on his body and soul....

There are plenty of medications that I'm sure he had to take honestly for some of those things, like especially lupus and it's effects, dancer's pains....So no, he didn't let me down, because I would have been on waaaaaay worst a long time ago if I were him. He was a strong strong individual.

Last edited:
I have suspected for MANY years that Michael had a drug addiction with painmedication.. This does not come as a surprise to me.... He's been slurring words so many times on interviews and what not..

He did a good job hiding it. Not only from his fans and media but from his family. Again im just speculating.

Last edited:
My answer to the question is no. Michael didn't let me down at all, he never could. If anything I feel as though the world let Michael down. If Michael did have a problem with prescription pills be it for real pain or even phantom pain. He obviously found some relief in the meds. Michael has done to much good in the world and has left the world with so much goodness. I just wish that it didn't take his death for people to see that side of him. We were all so blessed to have Michael for the amount of time that we did. We were so blessed that he shared his genius with the world. He touched so many lives I believe in more ways than he ever KNEW. So NO Michael could never let me down. All he as ever done was lift me up. I will always love him for that.

Great post completely agree!!:clapping:

No, Michael didn't let me down with is drug addiction because I don't believe he had a drug addiction.

When Michael admitted to having a dependency on pain killers, he also said he got treatment for it. And we haven't heard him talk about it since. If he wanted to hide this from us, he wouldn't have told us about it in the first place.

For every person who is running to the media claiming that Michael was abusing drugs (Chopra, Uri, Leonard Rowe, Nurse Lee), there are others who say they never saw Michael abusing drugs (Lester, Jermaine, Lou Ferrigno, Chopra's own son, T Mez). So why should I believe these people? Especially since all of them only came to the media after Michael was dead and gone.

No, Michael didn't let me down with is drug addiction because I don't believe he had a drug addiction.

When Michael admitted to having a dependency on pain killers, he also said he got treatment for it. And we haven't heard him talk about it since. If he wanted to hide this from us, he wouldn't have told us about it in the first place.

For every person who is running to the media claiming that Michael was abusing drugs (Chopra, Uri, Leonard Rowe, Nurse Lee), there are others who say they never saw Michael abusing drugs (Lester, Jermaine, Lou Ferrigno, Chopra's own son, T Mez). So why should I believe these people? Especially since all of them only came to the media after Michael was dead and gone.
thank you!
You speak perfectly my mind!

No, Michael didnt let us down, he died for FANS he would have NEVER agree to come back except for his Fans, Michael had enough Money to Last this Life Over, he was happy being a Daddy now, we let Michael DOWN and WE CAUSED his DEATH. Like he always said and its proven now even on this forum " I Love You More " .

No, Michael didnt let us down, he died for FANS he would have NEVER agree to come back except for his Fans, Michael had enough Money to Last this Life Over, he was happy being a Daddy now, we let Michael DOWN and WE CAUSED his DEATH.

I think that's a bit much.

100% in agreement :yes:

I think that's a bit much.

Its TIME out for Fakeness and Media Decepticon, MICHAEL JACKSON IS DEAD DONT YOU CARE a Bit Much you will NEVER ENJOY this LIFE like YOU DID WITH MICHAEL JACKSON ALIVE - a bit much. You People Have No Ideal What You Have Done this Will not END until we ALL END.

FUCK OFF!!!!!!! :mad: Do people with terminal illnesses let us down if they die??? Well do they????

Where is the sympathy? He didn't commit a crime, he had a problem and we should feel sorry for him, not judge him!!! :mad:

God this attitude pisses me off that he owed us something and let us down!!! HE ALREADY GAVE US HIS LIFE FOR CHRISSAKE!!!!!!!! :mad:

Its TIME out for Fakeness and Media Decepticon, MICHAEL JACKSON IS DEAD DONT YOU CARE a Bit Much you will NEVER ENJOY this LIFE like YOU DID WITH MICHAEL JACKSON ALIVE - a bit much. You People Have No Ideal What You Have Done this Will not END until we ALL END.
okkkkkkkkkk........

FUCK OFF!!!!!!! :mad: Do people with terminal illnesses let us down??? Well do they????

Where is the sympathy? He didn't commit a crime, he had a problem and we should feel sorry for him, not judge him!!! :mad:

God this attitude pisses me off that he owed us something and let us down!!! HE ALREADY GAVE US HIS LIFE FOR CHRISSAKE!!!!!!!! :mad:

You talk to me in a way Sisters and Brothers never Do. Its to Late for this type of Language Michael DIDNT HAVE A PROBLEM the People who put him to Sleep DID. Judge; Judge His Killers, thats what we ARE required to Do, NOT help them stay hid. Michael is so above this now. Do the Right Thang or Continue to Aide Evil. You are right Michael Jackson did have a "Terminal Illness unto DEATH" serving Mankind, his Fans.

God I Thank You For Revealing Everyone's Heart.

Last edited:
What the fuck are you talking about? I was talking to the original poster, not you. And what's with the weird, cryptic posts? Trying to make yourself look interesting?

What the fuck are you talking about? I was talking to the original poster, not you. And what's with the weird, cryptic posts? Trying to make yourself look interesting?

You know I thought you may have been, but since you want to Dance in Hell; Lets Dance thats still no way to speak Intelligently, Why do we have to baby and nurse adults all their lives, weird, cyptic post stop been slow. Trying to make yourself look Alive, only the Living have Wisdom, did you not learn anything from THILLER, do I need to print the LYRICS??? you cant be a serious MICHAEL JACKSON FAN thinking and speaking like that.

Chanya-
Girl it ain't worth it to fight with the crazy people.

I could give two sh*ts if Michael ever sang or danced again. He's got two handsome sons and a beautiful daughter to raise. I know how hard it is to be a single parent. I've done it. I can only imagine how hard it was for him to raise those sweet children in the public's eye with everyone waiting for him to f*ck up.

Moth2aFlame: do not come up in our house saying we cause Mr. Jackson's death. You really think this is the time for fighting? All of Mr. Jackson's friends and family have stated he was going on tour to show his children what he did for a living. We just got to be lucky enough to go on the journey. How dare you say I or any other fan caused his death.
You wanna blame someone, blame Dr. Murry, blame AEG, blame Sony, blame the other f*ck heads that were around Mr. Jackson his whole life asking for something.
We just wanted him to be happy. We just wanted him to live a normal life. We enjoyed the work he did, since when has that been a crime?

wtf?........

Please this is no place to place blame on fans for Michael's death. The cause of death is pointing towards a totally different area.

I would have been strung out on crack if I went through half of the stuff that he did, so no, I'm actually in awe that he wasn't addicted to everything on earth. I mean, burned scalp, lupus, vitiligo, the cases, dancer's feet, body aches, no one understanding him, constant travel, wear and tear on his body and soul....

There are plenty of medications that I'm sure he had to take honestly for some of those things, like especially lupus and it's effects, dancer's pains....So no, he didn't let me down, because I would have been on waaaaaay worst a long time ago if I were him. He was a strong strong individual.

Yep I agree with you. Considering what he put up with in life he did well not to get into anything worse earlier on bless him. Although he did take drugs its obvious(imo) this was murder and not MJ's fault for taking them.

^^^

Well said. Personally, I don't feel let down by him at all. He was human like anyone else with strenghts and weaknesses. He was someone who had a lot of pressure and stress to deal with. I'm not excusing anyone using drugs, but I don't feel let down by him. No one here knew what it was like to be him or be in his shoes. To be burned like he was while shooting that commercial which I believe left him in a lot of pain physically, years of mental and physical abuse and the worst one was people making vile accusations against him. I think Michael was in a lot of pain both mentally and physically. More than anyone here will ever know. I refuse to judge him for that. I don't even know how he dealt with all of it.

Oh Cinnamon I totally echo and ditto your post.
the only thing I will say is that those drugs taken by MJ to help him cope with his pain and insomnia were drugs which should have been administered responsibly, by a qualified physician, not one who gives it to MJ and then walks away, leaving him to it.:no:

I know Michael asked for those drugs, and wanted them, BUT he didnt want to die through taking them. :no:
He just wanted 'release' and respite from the pain and sleeplessness.
The 'knowledge' of effects from taking those strong drugs was known by the doc's giving it to him..............so why wasnt he monitored closely after that last lethal dose?

Too gutted for words. :(

PS: and as for letting me down??? NO WAY did he let me down. Like others have said esp myfavwintercoat's comments, I agree that with all MJ went through it's amazing how he dealt with all that.
From ABC to last yrs mix with Akon........hold my hand..... Michael has shown what it is to endure.
Just look at his back catalog of music and dance for us..............let us down??? No F-in way!
Michael is such an amzing individual in every way.

Last edited:
Was this post made for conversation reguarding the issue as adults or for people argueing and saying unnecessary things about people.....come on lets keep to the issue of the post alone...

Not sure I buy the drug addiction thing. I don't trust this psychotic media.

I will say though that I have always said I don't know how Michael Jackson didn't wake up every morning and tie a noose. I know I would if I were in his glove ;). If he was addicted to painkillers for physical and personal pains, I can't say I blame the guy. I don't feel disappointed by him at all, only deeply saddened.

I would be personally let down by his drug abuse. And the constant denials over it. Yeah, I agree - he is human...but to mislead fans like that....I am disappointed. I would have wanted him to be as natural as possible...no drugs, no drinking, no smoking....cause that's how I am. I detest people abusing drugs. Any type of drugs.

Last edited:
I would be personally let down by his drug abuse. And the constant denials over it. Yeah, I agree - he is human...but to mislead fans like that....I am disappointed.

Im personal opinion I think you have to be prepared to be let down then.
Why would you feel let down if it came out to be true :( x

Well, just paint me pink and call me "human". I would be let down...because I believed Michael when he said he never did that stuff...

Well, just paint me pink and call me "human". I would be let down...because I believed Michael when he said he never did that stuff...

Michael did admit to having developed a pain relief drug dependency in 1992 or3 after the pepsi burns from what I understand he underwent succesful treatment.

But this is no reason to presume that he had a dependency again, a dependency for pain relief is not the same as addiciton where the user uses to get high.

He may have used some prescription drugs for pain or sleep again, I do not know but this does not mean he was addicted or dependent, in fact I'm certain he would have been very cautious about getting dependent again so I think this past dependency or use of medications is being used by tptb to portray him as drug addict (which he wasn't)and to provide an opportunity to kill him (sorry but that is what I think and feel) without being able to prove it

LISTEN UP:
If members do not start respecting each other in this thread then I will be forced to close this thread.
THIS IS YOUR ONLY WARNING
Thank you

Back