Did Michael let us down with his drug addiction?

if even you think so - would you be able to tell Michael 'you let me down"?

he never let me down. on the contrary he filled my life with light and hope

Why should ANYONE feel let down by MJ.

I am NOT inclined to jump on the drug addicted bandwagon but even if he was, he is NOT 'entitled' to be perfect so he won't 'let us down'. Who gives a **** about US? What about what MICHAEL was going through?

Guhhhh, I'm sorry but this question...completely blows me.

Just another back and forth 'I'm being objective and honest! And everyone else who cant accept it are BLIND' verses the 'I'm not BLIND, I know MJ was HUMAN' debate. Yeesh.

the truth will come out, these buttmunches will not be able to blow all their smoke at us forever, eventually they will be silenced by the facts.

people will pay for what they orchestratred against Michael.

as his fans and support, we should be taking part in that payback. instead of posting every piece of news five times over on the forum, we need to focus and pull together the facts. Make sure that our voices are heard and that the media knows, we are onto the bullshit scheme they are continueing with.

This goes deeper than what it appears on the surface people...Michael was put in a position that ...

at one time, Michael Jackson fans came together and found answers to the questions. We searched out the facts and made sure that things were put in perspective. we rallied around each other and Michael ... for Michael.

This community has lost it's focus and vision.

I'm absolutely not!
He didn't want to be this kind of addiction but he had to, I think
Everything he did just to have the best performances for the fans, including using drugs!

So why should we feel disappoint with it? I even feel sorry about this. I wish there wouldn't be any concert... :(( OMG! :(( He just did those because of us fans, remember?

If he had an addiction to prescription drugs, I would not feel let down by Michael. This world was harsh to him. Can anyone blame him if he took measures to dull the pain others caused him?

Why don't we wait for the results because this isn't spectulation this is emotional overload and blame. Lets hang on til the results :yes: and see what is what before riding this wagon. That and there is like 100 threads on drugs right now.

I don't know what happened to Michael but I do know that I am not let down by him. If there was any kind of a drug problem, I would feel more sympathetic toward him because I know from experience (my brother had a terrible, terrible addiction after he had a swimming accident over 25 yrs ago) that addiction is a disease that is very hard to recover from. You have to be surrounded by the right people in order to recover and clearly, if this is why MJ passed, he was not surrounded by the right people.

Of course we all must be held accountable by our actions. However addiction is an on going struggle that must be treated properly.

Either way, I love Michael Jackson and he was and IS my hero and inspiration to do what's right in this world. He was a good soul - one of the best.

Trish, thank you for re-opening the thread. Some fans feel the need to talk about this.

Michael did NOT let anyone down. He did the best he could, with intractable pain. I agree with Trish. To recover from addiction is a daily struggle, and one must not have enablers around. Was Michael surrounded by the "wrong" people? I hope the facts will come out, whatever they are. . . . . .

I just wish he had some support, a friend or something, throughout his struggles(and I'm not talking about addiction!)...I mean he was so alone
and everybody was pulling him from all sides, everybody pressuring him and expecting so much from him...I always felt for him in that sense

If there was a drug problem I'll just say "F*ck, shows he was more human than people thought, he needed a coping mechanism". Its a relief, if anything. I mean, its a shame for sure, don't get that twisted, but at the same time it paints him in a very human light, something the press tried to paint him as anything but.

I really don't believe any of the conspiracies floating around here. If any of them turn out to be remotely true, I'll be as irked as the next person, but I tend to believe what appears to be obvious in this case. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but the guy is gone now and hopefully anyone who had a hand in it gets what the law has in store for them, and the news will die down and he can rest in peace.

Drugs or no drugs, that doesn't change his huge heart, loving soul, and incredible talent. When stars get that big many turn to drugs as a crutch, it's almost like an unwritten rule. Michael was only human, and the pressure of being raised in the public eye would take a toll on anyone.

I like this question and appreciate the Mods allowing us to have htis kind of adult dialogue. Michael is gone and we should be talking about it...

To answer your question: NO! I do not feel let down by Michael at all. For one, I do not believe he was an addict. I aint buying what the media are selling! I believe what LaToya
said in her recent interview. It's obvious to me that she is speaking the truth about what actually happened to her brother and what role his handlers play in it.
Michael was tortured. He was Murdered. Plain and simple. He didn't have a chance and his handlers made sure of it.
As someone told me in pm lastnight. Even a child can connect the dots.

No.

Michael is one of the millions that got caught up in something bad. The media is making it worse with their speculation and guesses. We got to remember what wonderful gifts he gave us. Im not over looking his addiction but we need to help be supportive even though hes gone. I have family with drug addictions so i know what the family is going through but we can't change our love for him because he was an addict. He was a wonderful man regardless.

He is like my best friend. When I was a child growing up, I would write to him in my diary about all the things my abusive family was doing to me. I would listen to his music. It was as if he was talking back. Saying everything will work out in the end.
How could I throw that away? How could I walk away from my best friend? He never left me! He was always there in my heart and in his music. F*ck the media and f*ck anyone else that would leave him now in his hour of need.
Maybe he was taking meds maybe not. It's in God's hands to judge him now, not ours.

I don't think he let us down. Do I think he had problems with drugs? Yes, I think it was obvious there was something going on there, he was most likely a functional addict, which happens to a lot of people. Am I surprised? With his kind of life and struggles? Not ONE bit.

I would seriously be surprised if there was nothing like that in his life. There's only so much you can deal with as a human being. Michael was a very strong person, but nobody is THAT strong. I don't however think that this is the reason he is gone, I wasn't HIS doing. I'm sure he should've gotten some help at some point, like he had before. Again, this is just what I think, it's not the gospel.

So did he let us down? No. If anything I have empathy.

I'm absolutely not!
He didn't want to be this kind of addiction but he had to, I think
Everything he did just to have the best performances for the fans, including using drugs!

So why should we feel disappoint with it? I even feel sorry about this. I wish there wouldn't be any concert... :(( OMG! :(( He just did those because of us fans, remember?

no no dont feel so bad about him choosing to do those concerts. it was partly for us,, but partly for his children, partly for money, partly to prove people wrong, partly cos he wanted to.. he was born to perform. we as fans cant all hold this guilt - i know exaclty how you feel tho cos i feel guilty as hell everyday

I just wish he had some support, a friend or something, throughout his struggles(and I'm not talking about addiction!)...I mean he was so alone
and everybody was pulling him from all sides, everybody pressuring him and expecting so much from him...I always felt for him in that sense

me too :( why did noone say.. enoughs enough. urrgh he needed help. why didnt we see this more? why wasnt it discussed more in 2001-2005? is there anything more we as fans could have done?

If there was a drug problem I'll just say "F*ck, shows he was more human than people thought, he needed a coping mechanism". Its a relief, if anything. I mean, its a shame for sure, don't get that twisted, but at the same time it paints him in a very human light, something the press tried to paint him as anything but.

I really don't believe any of the conspiracies floating around here. If any of them turn out to be remotely true, I'll be as irked as the next person, but I tend to believe what appears to be obvious in this case. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but the guy is gone now and hopefully anyone who had a hand in it gets what the law has in store for them, and the news will die down and he can rest in peace.

really enjoyed reading this post, thanks :yes:

^^^

Well said. Personally, I don't feel let down by him at all. He was human like anyone else with strenghts and weaknesses. He was someone who had a lot of pressure and stress to deal with. I'm not excusing anyone using drugs, but I don't feel let down by him. No one here knew what it was like to be him or be in his shoes. To be burned like he was while shooting that commercial which I believe left him in a lot of pain physically, years of mental and physical abuse and the worst one was people making vile accusations against him. I think Michael was in a lot of pain both mentally and physically. More than anyone here will ever know. I refuse to judge him for that. I don't even know how he dealt with all of it.

I totally agree.

while some may always need final answers, and might feel relief after a report...it also has to be faced that some things aren't always reliable just because they wear a uniform and are 'official'. some of us have had experiences that say that the government is not trustworthy. sometimes it's easier to believe that MJ might have had an addiction, than it is to believe that the u.s. government is not perfect. i just needed to float that out there. and i can only hope that the situation can come to a place where we can let it rest, once and for all, but we can still understand that this can still be the case, when it comes to anyone..even coroners, and officials in high places.

id like to seome of u go through the hell mj went through without ending up on something in 93. mj owed no one nothing how can he let someone down for the most part he never even knew. if fans wanted to put him on a pedestal thats their fault.the title of this thread is disrespectful. mj isnt here because ppl let him done. he spent his life trying to appease others and this is where is gets u
Thank YOU! Some of you "fans" got a whole lot of nerve. Michael didn't even know your name. How in the world could he let you or us down. Some of yall really think that you are entitled to or are more so apart of michael's life then you are. Why must we keep forgetting that we are just fans. Michael does better then most celebs with show love to his fans but don't get it twisted. He did't owe us anything to let us down. You act like michael personally come on mjjc and said no I don't have and addiction and lied or something.

And the sad part about this whole thing is, that we don't even know if the man had and addiction. This is pathetic. How did I know that this thread was started by somebody with less then 100 post. I just knew it before I clicked on it. ANd sure nough I was right. I'm outta thiis thread. You ppl got some serious problems thinking michael owed us so much when he didn't even know us like that. Some ppl go to far. This is sicken. THE NERVE!:bugeyed

exactly and how do we know he had an addiction?
I never believed it, his mind was clear and sharp he was ready to prove his genius to the world there was so much more he wanted to give, now they make him look like a human wreck who had no idea what the hell he was doing - the final insult. if he was taking anything it was either for pain or insomnia but that doesn't make him an addict. they gave him something that killed him and they're going to blame it on him just wait and see
they trampled all over him all his life, now they will bury him and dance on his grave

Agreed. They could never bring themselves to say anything positive about him, dead or alive :( And that's how I feel, like they are already dancing on his grave. Tarnishing his memory.

He was not a bloody smackhead ffs!!!!!!!!!! Yet all these scum newspapers have pics of his 'legs' with marks...I mean come the fuck on...blah blah blah blah these tabloids I hate them so much *headdesk*

And I don't feel let down, not at all. The only person that was let down all his life was Michael :(

I think we failed MJ...we were the ones who made him...it was because of people that he became eccentric and out of touch with some aspects of life in a society!!

No he didn't let us down. If the addiction stuff is true, you can't help it, it's a very difficult thing to overcome. He let himself down maybe, and his children. But we don't know if he did try to get help (which I strongly think he would have), or even if the drug thing is true. Its speculation, but one theory is he got clean, then took something that terrible night, and the dose it was at, although it was fine before, became a lethal dose.

I'm sorry but I don't think we shouldn't think of ourselves as important here...him and his children are the most important in this story.

To be honest, I think the world let him down. Built him up, then trashed him, terribly. He had to cope with SO fkin much! It makes me so angry.

I don't think he let us down at all. He was human and vulnerable like the rest of us. I think his doctors let him down. As someone with a chronic pain condition, medicine is an aid to make your life as normal as possible. I have been lucky that my doctor refuses to give me medicine that has been linked to addiction. Some doctors are more liberal than others but it is their job to monitor and make sure the patient doesn't cross the line with medication. It also doesn't help when doctors just prescribe medication like candy. If you get a side effect from one medication, let's prescribe something to help that, causing further side effects.

Some medication can make it more difficult to concentrate or make you look at things very differently than if you weren't on medication. Imagine the effects, if you are on a combination of them and how quickly it can spiral out of control.

Just speculating here....who else but a doctor would recommend or suggest a surgery anesthetic for sleep? Michael didn't just jump out of bed one day and say hey I think I will try anesthesia for a good night's sleep.

Back