Did Michael make a fashion statement?

Share some photos of what exactly you considered feminine?
No. The only thing would be that Middle East burka thing and I'm sure I misspelled that.

I have an idea-let's post pictures of people who took Michael's look as a fashion statement. Obviously, anyone wearing the Balmain sequins and military jackets, as we talked about before would be good-but I bet we could come up with a lot of people that were influenced by Michael with their clothes. Even if it's a costume thing a la Beyonce here. She's definitely inspired by Michael's Super Bowl costume, not trying to exactly copy him. (No impersonators, though).

I'll start: Beyonce

beyonce-michael-600x800.jpg

This looks like Rihanna:

6a01053694df79970b01157049e65d970b-800wi

Last edited:
Here are a couple of Michael influenced fashioned collections: This one from H&M

mjstyle6.jpg

Another one from fashion magazines:March 2009

y.jpg

I have already explained that. I thought some of the ghost characters he played were feminine.

Did you mean this?

fashion%20statement_zpszn1kxcl8.jpg

The shirt with the 'fruffels' lol :smilerolleyes: Is all part of the 'act' :D

Wow at the stuff H&M sells maybe I need to drop by more often there.
I got the silver glitter shoes though and yeah, they are worn out already :doh:

Did you mean this?

fashion%20statement_zpszn1kxcl8.jpg

The shirt with the 'fruffels' lol :smilerolleyes: Is all part of the 'act' :D

Wow at the stuff H&M sells maybe I need to drop by more often there.
I got the silver glitter shoes though and yeah, they are worn out already :doh:

Not exactly although the fruffels and long curls are considered very feminine where I come from. Although I reckon that it was deemed very masculine a few centuries ago.

the one he wore is a burka
jackson.0.jpg
Yes, thank you this is what I was referring to and I didn't realize we were only talking about Ghosts.
The costumes in Ghosts look like they're from the palace of Versailles. In America, the Dangerous costume looks like a body suit or leotard. In Europe, it's acclaimed as a fencing outfit.

I just thought by renaming the thread, the intention was to show how Michael influenced fashion as a whole and get away from the cross dressing fight. And it looked like it was going back in that direction.

I will say that I don't think people are as interested in that subject of influence as they were angry and passionate over unisex clothes, etc.

And yes, Michael looks quite gorgeous when he wears cords and cardigans. He rocked them.

people would rather argue
Well, true, the threads with arguments over albums or post-Quincy, etc. always get a lot of traffic. People do like to argue/debate and lots of good opinions come out of those.

But the OP asking about Michael cross dressing was just a thinly veiled jab at his sexuality, and no one (especially a fan) is going to sit and let someone make false statements without fighting back.

Now that you mention it...

tumblr_nv0z4z4jD51slyh9eo1_540.jpg

he sure did :yes:

I love those pictures of him and Louie. They remind me of his quote "whenever I walk my llama it's bumper to bumper traffic" like it's the most normal thing in the world. He truly lived an extraordinary life and I love his innocent eccentricities :)

Anyway, the outfit is cool too. I noticed that when he wears something with buttons, it's usually either unevenly buttoned or there are a few left unbuttoned, like he was in a hurry lol. I don't think he cared too much.

Here are some nice outfits that Michael wore that i like Michael look good in them. :)

tumblr_inline_mrqt2wDZhn1qz4rgp.jpg

9924730_orig.jpg

afh9ok.jpg

This is the Balmain jacket that Justin Timberlake wore in the LNFSG video (worth $1,995):

Balmain-black-cotton-biker-jacket-230x308.jpg

The zippers and armbands remind me a lot of MJ's Bad Tour jackets.

Also found some other examples of celebrities possibly inspired by Michael's style :)

Alicia Keys:

michael-jackson-style_116358_4.jpg

Beyonce:

HWogd0X6UrKl.jpg

Jaden Smith:

062210-mj-fashion-lead-623.jpg

Kanye West:

kanye-west-michael-jackson-jacket-3.jpeg

Justin Bieber:

justin-bieber-kanye-west-fashion-show.jpg
justin-bieber-christmas-style-4.jpg

Back