Did Michael make a fashion statement?

Re: Did Michael sometimes crossdress?

You are the only one who claims to be a cross dresser but you have a very narrow view of what a cross dresser is. With your definitions in these posts, we are all cross dressers. And most of us don't agree.

Like the word queer. Ok that it's appropriated by the community I guess, but I still have a hostile reaction to it. Like the n-word. I have just a hostile reaction to it by a black person as white. It doesn't make the word and the way it was used less ugly and bring back atrocious memories.
absolutely true. I'm neither black or "queer", but I find both words offensive

I have a right to discuss this within my community. You don't need to teach me that not all QUILTBAG people have the same opinions, thank you, I already know that. But it's us to have such discussions, not you.

"to be honest I have been around the community more than many people IN the community"

OMG!!! Where's my popcorn? Poor my lungs, I laughed so hard.

Not that you care, but you may or may not be gay, you may or not be a crossdreaser.. but from the way you've spoken to people and the way you have some type of chip on your shoulder I can say you... you may or may not be an A-hole, but you're acting like one within this thread.

It's a shame because outside of this thread you've said some useful things.

If this was an article in the tabloids, you'd all be rightly up in arms, calling them trash, yet on a fan board this is acceptable?

The man is the greatest musician to ever lived and for forty years made some of the best music and video ever to grace humanity and we discuss possible cross dressing??

I know that we may have discussed everything else to death but this is ridiculous and double standards.

I agree 1 million percent! The bar has definitely been lowered with this thread subject and it smacks of tabloid trash imo. It's not that far off from questioning his sexuality and we know how many decades the tabloids/public have dragged him about that.

My reaction to the op...

182_zps1ims2ci3.gif

I agree 1 million percent! The bar has definitely been lowered with this thread subject and it smacks of tabloid trash imo. It's not that far off from questioning his sexuality and we know how many decades the tabloids/public have dragged him about that.

My reaction to the op...

182_zps1ims2ci3.gif

good to see you, I've missed your posts :D

Well said Lover.

This thread should be closed now.

Honestly ^ it's very clear you come here with some mis guided anger and you are taking it out here.. No one is telling you how to feel or how to live your life.. You have no idea what any of us have been 'exposed to', you have been insulting to people here and you sit and act like a victim out of this. You admit that you refuse to be nice because society has not been nice to you...

You don't have to get offensive when you fee defensive!!!!!!!!

.. In no way (whatever you've been through) does not give you the right to feel things) but the way you are going about it is ridiculous.

I have been through a horror of a life and no one here would even know because I don't take my bag of pain and dump it on everyone.. You can still be strong enough to love, strong enough to be joyful.. THAT is a true testimate of the will of a human..Stop being a product of your pain and be pleasant...

That will bring you joy in return, you say society is not nice to you.. try being nice, no one wants to deal with bitterness. People will be warm to you if you can just soften up... it takes strength to allow yourself to be venerable, honest, and nice...

:clapping:I agree. Well said.

This discussion is 'allowed' as it's a 'legimate' topic to discuss as indeed its interesting to read everyone's opinion on it.
This thread is however NOT meant to use a 'wailing wall' for how 'society' treats you. That is going 'way off topic' here!

I can only 'direct' you to the BOLD here as I couldn't have said it better really!

So try to be nice, okay!

OK, I'm giving every one of you a chocolate cake with icing (if you're a vegan or allergic to chocolate, I'll get you some weed instead) for not killing me, raping me, making me a queer poster girl. WE ARE SO PROGRESSIVE! SO MUCH LOVE! EVERYBODY HAPPY!!

Ahem, ahem.

Guys, you seriously need to reconsider the way you see your relationship towards queer people. You think you are liberal and you may be for same-sex marriage, adoptions, we know, we know. But picture this: I met a bunch of guys that claimed to be progressive, open-minded and so on. We were making banners for a queer pride. They were straight, straighter than Invincible haircut actually. And guess what? They said words like "faggot" and "dyke". I apologise to my gay brothers and lesbian sisters for writing the words here. And when I outed to them and said, "Guys, you shouldn't use this word, in fact, you shouldn't speak this way about queer community at all." I received so much backlash. They didn't listen. They didn't stand up for me when I was attacked for my sexuality. I couldn't trust them anymore. And I really don't feel safe, for a number of reasons I'm not gonna bore you with.

So when I joined this forum and you guys did something similar to me AND refused to listen to me AND thought it was all my fault... I didn't think a single second. I immediately knew I couldn't trust you. Cause the same scenario happened again.

It doesn't matter whether I treat you nice or like a piece of sheet cause it doesn't change my life. I work hard, but I'm still worse off than you.

You shouldn't tell any queer person how to feel. They are people, they already can feel. You should listen to the. But not just to me. Every single person of us. Yes, some of them will tell you FullLips says crap. But that's normal. We haven't had our voice for millenia. Listen to us. Listen to us. We are people. We work hard, but it doesn't help. You ignore us. You think you're open-minded, but you're lying to yourself.

Am I making you uncomfortable? Great. You needed to hear that. You must expose yourself to this stuff. I used to be defensive when I discussed racism with people of colour. Then I realised I had been wrong. It's still painful, indeed, but there are two options: Either I'll live in an illusion while others will suffer or I'll have a few painful moments, but this world will be a better place, not for me, but the entire human grace.

I'll stop being pathetic, the concert goes onnnnnnn...

And guess what? No one in this thread has called you any of those things. You are barking under the wrong tree.

First and foremost this is a place to celebrate Michael Jackson, not to dump agendas and baggage. There are other sites for that; a simple Google search will aid anyone interested in such sites (and others). If people would focus on Mike and what he means to us and the world, this site can be a wonderful experience and escape from life's challenges for awhile. I'm not anyone's therapist nor do I want to be.

so to twist this topic a little back on track... no Michael to our knowledge did not crossdress.. he wore what he thought looked cool! didn't care if someone would call him names like someone here keeps tossing into the thread either.. ;)

He was brave enough to be whatever he wanted to be and keep showing love... and people loved him for it!

so to twist this topic a little back on track... no Michael to our knowledge did not crossdress.. he wore what he thought looked cool! didn't care if someone would call him names like someone here keeps tossing into the thread either.. ;)

He was brave enough to be whatever he wanted to be and keep showing love... and people loved him for it!

I agree. :) Regardless of how the posters here feel about the practice of cross dressing in general, the only sources who claim Michael did that were the tabloids. The very same people, who said he could take off his nose. Apart from that, there's no foundation to the assumption he was a crossdresser, so saying he was, when he wasn't and insisting for it to be a fact isn't right.

Well said Lover.

This thread should be closed now.
yes, I agree...no need to keep dragging it when it just becomes personal and off topic..Michael didn't cross-dress, end of story. there's nothing more to discuss

Careful like it was mention please read the thread let not be rude to each others.

Go back and read the thread properly and you will see what you've written is absolute rubbish.

I have not seen one homophobic thing written on this thread, however I've seen enough anti-hetero people comments for my liking.

Saying that Michael Jackson didn't cross dress and defending that statement is not homophobic or transphobic, and if you think it is, that's your own problem. The post you've written above is absolutely disgraceful and shows you either have a complete lack of common sense or you cannot read properly.

Exactly. If someone here said Michael was white (or wanted to be white) based on some very narrow definition of "whiteness" it's not racist or anti-white to disagree with that statement or find it offensive to Michael. Same thing here.

I'm not a fan of censorship though so I do think the thread should stay open. Perhaps it could lead to interesting discussions about Michael's style of dress as I think there's plenty to explore there :)

Okay let try this again with a new title this thread has been clean it was so off topic so please let stay on topic and be kind to one others. Michael was all about L.O.V.E. so let show it. :)

You may carry on.

Last edited:
well now with the title change.. what are we going to fight about? ;) lol

to curb my way into the new title lol

Yeash, he did. Michael was a pioneer in it really. He created Fashion trends :yes:

so, whenever people see me with my white socks and black trousers, they smile :D as it's simply 'recognized' as the MJ style.

Fedora's for that matter too. You wear it and its like "Michael? "

I have already explained that. I thought some of the ghost characters he played were feminine.

"Some" characters in Ghosts? Which? The Mayor? Sure you're not confusing Ghosts with one of Eddie Murphy's movies?

Michael was SO much more then an entertainer, he was many things and one of those things is a trendsetter.
Michael wore what he wanted to wear, and how he wanted to wear it.
To this day males and females alike dress like Michael, and fashion designers look to Michael for inspiration.
Michael never followed a trend, he was (and still is) the trend. :)

I have already explained that. I thought some of the ghost characters he played were feminine.

He only played the male characters. He didn't play a woman nor wore women's clothing.

As for him making a fashion statement, he absolutely did. The guy made cutlery a part of his outfit once! :D He didn't follow the fashion scene, he wanted fashion to follow him. There are looks and combinations that are undeniably 'Michael' - ankle length pants with white socks, glittery gloves, aviator glasses, military inspired jackets, arm bands, tape on fingers etc...He didn't create any of the clothing items, but he made them his. His designers worked tirelessly.

In the recent years, him wearing pajamas and mixing different patterns and styles could also in a way be a fashion statement. It wasn't particularly fashionable, true, but I see it as his way of saying that comfort is more important than brand. xD

Have you guys read "The King of Style"?

FullLipsDotNose;4140454 said:

Michael never played feminine characters in “Ghosts.” I’m glad the title of this thread was changed, though. Maybe there will still be some more interesting discussions taking place, here.

Last edited:
Back