Did michael take dirty diana off concert setlist london 88

man.in.the.mirror

Proud Member
i was picking my daughter up from school today,and we walked home with one of the other mums,when my daughter brought up the clip when michael met lady diana at wembley before his show in london 1988,where michael says he took the song out of the setlist in respect for diana,when diana said it was her favourite song,michael said by then it was to late to put it back in,well the other mum said he put it back in,she,s not even a fan,i just lack in confidence and always question myself when someone says something different,but i stuck to my guns on this one,because i,ve heard it out of michaels own mouth,
am i wrong or am i right?
also my daughter says mum loves michael,the lady whispered in my daughters ear tell your mum she can,t love him because he,s dead,
loud enougth so i could hear,
whats that all about?
so you can,t still love and admire someone because they are no longer with us,
i,m sorry i might sound immature,but i,m really feeling down lately,

Last edited:
yea he did cut it out for that particular show.. he said so himself as you said ;)

uuhm.. well that other woman sounds immature to me..not you! If she really believes what she said, I feel sorry for her..

i second the above post.

i hope she has no family members that are dead because if they are according to her you cant love the dead.

I say Love michael or anyone who has passes as much as you want to and to hell with those who say different.

Actually. We have heard from someone here who worked on the show that Dirty Diana was indeed performed at the show Princess Diana was at and audio of it being performed on that date exists.

So I guess Michael must have put it back in the show and forgotten or something.

Birchey has worked out from audio footage it was performed, but Michael has told the story a couple of times, including in Private Home Movies, about taking it out.

Birchey has worked out from audio footage it was performed, but Michael has told the story a couple of times, including in Private Home Movies, about taking it out.
well i,m not going to tell her she was right,it,s michael that has confused me,because on private home movies he said somthing along the lines of we took it out ,out of respect for you,when he was quoting what he said to lady di,and something about it being to late to put it back in,

huh really?! I wonder why Michael didnt include that when he was telling this story, that they did put it back in the show.. he also told it in the Barbara Walters interview..

edit: yeah, maybe he did just forget about it lol

huh really?! I wonder why Michael didnt include that when he was telling this story, that they did put it back in the show.. he also told it in the Barbara Walters interview..

edit: yeah, maybe he did just forget about it lol

Well he actually said. 'At that point it was too late to put it back in the show'. I guess he did just forget then. I mean, he has a lot to remember, I wouldn't blame him for forgetting.

Well he actually said. 'At that point it was too late to put it back in the show'. I guess he did just forget then. I mean, he has a lot to remember, I wouldn't blame him for forgetting.

True :cheeky:

There were 5 dates from Wembley and the Royal Family attended one of those. Even if he put it back in but forgot you can't blame him for forgetting :)

I read somewhere here about a fan who loved dirty diana so much and really wanted to see Michael performing it live.She went to one of the Wembley concerts and on this concert he didn´t perform dirty diana because of princess Diana.
The fan had tickets for TII and was hoping to see dirty diana

He said he took it out in honor of her heiness, I thought he talked to oprah about that not sure though.

Back