Did MJ Find Love In The Dark (continued)

Let me explain what happened, and you can do with this what you will. What happened is, in this tiny (MJJC board) corner of the world, time rolled back. . . . . . . So analyze THAT, you gentle people. . . ..

In practical terms, there was a massive technical glitch that changed everyone's name to DangerouZ. Amazing, an entire message board where everyone has the same name? Then, staff had to manually readmit everyone (those who went to the right thread and reapplied). We have twenty-thousand members! Then, when the data was restored, it was mistakenly restored only to October 2, as though that were the current date.

I'm presently getting PMs (arriving all the time), that I received, AND answered, last week. As though no time passed since October second. I sort of remember past posts, and others I'm sure are lost in the fogs of time. Memory is such a funny thing, isn't it?

Comments? (Oh, and Justus? I've been working on a little something. . . . )

Vic

Okay, Victoria. I guess I will see it when it's done?

And yeah, funny thing about time, and memory, huh? Gee.

And about the restoration of everything, I know you and all the other senior staff worked very, very hard, and it is very much appreciated. Bravo Zulu TRIPLE Awards, to ALL of you!

Speaking of nuances and the song Dangerous, it was pointed out some time back on MJNO, by some of those guys who study the music and the sessions and such in depth, that the song Dangerous is a revamp of the song, Streetwalker, same beat and rythem, different lyrics and story and when I listened very carefully I was blown away because I could see what they were saying and yet Streetwalker was completely unrecognizable.

SoS this part of your post reminded of MJ's "Leave Me Alone". Whenever I hear the musical intro of it and Stevie Wonders "Superstition" it seems like they have similarities. Or maybe it's just my ears hmmmmm. :unsure: lol

SoS this part of your post reminded of MJ's "Leave Me Alone". Whenever I hear the musical intro of it and Stevie Wonders "Superstition" it seems like they have similarities. Or maybe it's just my ears hmmmmm. :unsure: lol
just thinking of the two songs right now, yes, I can see that :yes:

Has any of you seen the movie "The Time Traveler's Wife"? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USUDlMBR-dQ ). I just saw it and I thought it goes so well with this whole thread. And I kept thinking "Imagine if MJ could do that? If he could time travel!". Anyways, check out the movie if you can. It's not one of the greatest movies ever (got the feeling it isn't really going anywhere stoy wise at times), but I loved the idea. I thought the idea was brilliant and beautiful. The ending of the movie will make you cry though.

Summer, I knew that's what you were saying. I was saying that a person can believe they will have no problems with that lifestyle, and maybe even enjoy it. But until they experience it, how would they know? Sometimes compromise and adaptation is needed by both parties even if they've decided on something together. Because love is involved, two people should adapt to what works best for them as a couple.

Like your example of a mom staying home and not working after having children. If they both agreed to that, and she thought she'd be happy doing that, but found out a few years into it that she really wasn't happy doing that, then together they should find a workable solution because they care about each other. It's not all about only one person making all the adjustments and compromises. I do realize with Michael it is a bit different because even he can't .. (couldn't) escape his own life and fame, so that is something that they'd be mostly powerless over. .. maybe.

I don't think anyone goes into a marriage with the thought that it will be anything but forever. Yet still 50% of marriages end in divorce, and only 25% are happily married. Those are some sad statistics. People do have to try to be as realistic as possible before jumping into something, yet still there will be unknowns. Till those things are experienced first hand, you can imagine any outcome.

So whomever he was with would have to have been someone pretty unique and special for it to work, and he'd have to adapt as well, but hopefully if they are/were meant for each other (I hate talking past tense here.. so you'll just have to excuse that from me for speaking present tense if I do) they could find ways to overcome all of those difficulties. But that's what love gives us right? The reason and courage and strength to get through those difficulties and challenges that will come up. If two people have that love for each other, then they work selflessly for their relationship and find the best solution. If one of those parties is purely selfish in it, then there is no way it can work with a happy outcome.

I don't know if this was any clearer or not.

Yeah, got ya now Ape. :lol: Thanks. :) And I agree (and like I said earlier already)...I truly think that when it's "the right one"...things will naturally fall into their place. I really believe that. :yes: But here's a question: Do you guys think that everyone is meant to be with someone? Or do you think some people have other purpouse of being here? I mean, you'd think that God would want everyone to feel truly loved and to be able to be with someone special...and feel special. Yet some people will go through life without being blessed with such love. So why do you think that is? Are they doing something wrong, or does God have other reasons and other kind of "mission" for those ones, instead of raising a family? :scratch:

When I first heard Beautiful Girl it reminded me of something from a Gene Kelly movie like Singing In the Rain.

SoS I wouldn't have made that association, but THANK YOU ever so much for reminding me about Gene Kelly's genius.

Summer, thank you also for posting the youtube link. I think I am about to flood you all with half the movie in utube links. It isn't my favorite movie of all time, but it certainly is my favorite musical.

Not only is the love story beautiful ( the ingredients of which include stellar dancing and acting, but also a tiny little lesson about prejudiced mindsets attaching labels to people before meeting them - Cathy talkin' about Don's movies "you've seen one, you've seen them all"), but it is also tremendously funny.

Filming the dueling cavalier http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6jsXQm5IrM&feature=related and then the preview disaster http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6CuBK0cgX4&feature=related No, no, no, yes, yes, yes LOOOL

Another great number - Moses supposes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKlub5vB9z8 A rose is what Moses supposes his toe is LOL again. And in a funny kinda way, I actually bought today a pair of earings in the shape of roses in a peachy tone and a silver cross pendant with a red rose in the middle of it. I love it when things connect so randomly.

And then there is also Donald o'Conner's amazing 'make them laugh' number, which puts a comical twist on a very ancient archetype - that of the artist as the 'clown' put to entertain. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oWk4ZiuSHE&feature=related How does he sing? You could charm the critics and have nothing to eat, but slip on a banana and you have the world at your feet. Isn't that what we did to Michael when 'we' asked he sang Billie Jean and Thriller, when he proabably wanted us to focus more on Heal the world and We've had enough? I don't know, I'm just sayin.....Mind you, in his case even the critics hated Heal the world, so his was an even more difficult struggle to be heard.

I don't even need to mention the most famous scene of the movie - Gene's 'solo' where his zest for life, his supreme artistry not only as a singer and an actor, but most of all as choreographer are in full, awesome effect. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkEvy-9yVyQ&feature=related That cop coming to disturb the fun does look familiar, doesn't he? Speed demon any1?

And of course, being on the tube, one cannot help but make all sort of connections. A Fred Astaire vid wasn't far behind http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gB0UNey-Uk There is also a 7 mins version including images from Moonwalker, but the editing is not as great. Smooth criminal is very, very special to me, because it includes the first ever images I saw of Michael. He had me at the :cheeky: I can't wait to see the new vision for the song and the performance in TII.

Watching the video, I remembered the ending credits to the movie. I hadn't listened to them in years. It is such a haunting rhythm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faXBr5H9QMc&feature=related So very beautiful. The moon is dancing, indeed.

Has any of you seen the movie "The Time Traveler's Wife"? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USUDlMBR-dQ ). I just saw it and I thought it goes so well with this whole thread. And I kept thinking "Imagine if MJ could do that? If he could time travel!". Anyways, check out the movie if you can. It's not one of the greatest movies ever (got the feeling it isn't really going anywhere stoy wise at times), but I loved the idea. I thought the idea was brilliant and beautiful. The ending of the movie will make you cry though.

I've not seen the film, but have read the book. I loved it, even though it was. . unsettling.

This thread is about love, and miracles, and magic, and faith, and symbols, and ideas. It's become addictive, if I may put it that way? It's like some sort of beautifully woven tapestry of many threads, of many colors. Some reach their ends. . seem to end. . but then are picked up again.

What if Michael could time-travel? Do you really think he can't? If we all cry at the same time? Does he need our help, in some way? What if he did?????

He was (is?) a human-being, but extremely inquisitive, sensitive, and had a love of learning. He was a very old soul. He was a spiritual person, and very advanced in that, I think. He was not perfect. .he was human. . but he was GOOD.

There are different kinds of "knowing." Right and left brain? We need BOTH. Michael was self-educated. He had a library of ten-thousand books! He knew a lot about a lot, in conventional ways. He also has said that his music did not COME from him. That he was just a conduit, somehow? I believe it. . . . I know it. I am a writer, and my writing comes that way, too. It just is what it is. But from where? The answer is different for different people, depending on culture and spiritual beliefs. Isn't it? But maybe from the same Source?

I won't say here what I think what really happened at the end, except. . he was so unfinished . . . ?

Time and memory are interesting? (There have been many times when I've "previewed" the future. I'm LIKE that, ok? It just is what it is. . .)

We go about in a bubble of the present. Always NOW. A series of "nows," like a line made of individual points, some erasing themselves as we move ever-forward, to be replaced by others. We remember so little, really, of yesterday and the yesterdays before that? A string of days that stretch BACK, into the past? Of all those days, conversations, events, we remember so little, really. In that string of days and moments, there are some that are indelible. The moment we heard of Michael's "passing" is one of those, for each of us, individually. It was like a threshold had been crosssed that shifted our world? I was actually amazed and encouraged that this thread continued? I used to lurk here. I had no idea how it would go forward, yet it has, and the tapestry of many colors continues.

I have a lot of education. I also believe.. BELIEVE. .in magic, very much. I think in this modern world, we are so science-driven, so commerce-driven, that we do not embrace the mysterious, nearly enough. We want to KNOW, exactly, when "exactly" may not always be possible? We need to find, again, the poetic and the mysterious, to be fully ourselves. I believe, that someday, everything that can be imagined. . can happen. Michael believed in/hoped for. . a healed world. I still think that can happen.

With all that said, maybe you can help me with something? There is a video I seem to have lost. About Michael. . like a collage. The song to it had the words, something like, "Do you know?. . you are so beautiful." And then images of Michael's face. The lyrics were also. . "All the way to the end," or something like that? A lot of the images were from the "Stranger in Moscow" era, in pics. I NEED to have this video again, so can you please help me find it? I've searched everywhere, but cannot find it. . . There was something to it. . a message.. that I've tried, and failed, to find again (lost when my computer crashed). Anyone know this one? Post a link?

Anyway. . . . . have a good evening, gentle people.

Vic

Yeah, got ya now Ape. :lol: Thanks. :) And I agree (and like I said earlier already)...I truly think that when it's "the right one"...things will naturally fall into their place. I really believe that. :yes: But here's a question: Do you guys think that everyone is meant to be with someone? Or do you think some people have other purpouse of being here? I mean, you'd think that God would want everyone to feel truly loved and to be able to be with someone special...and feel special. Yet some people will go through life without being blessed with such love. So why do you think that is? Are they doing something wrong, or does God have other reasons and other kind of "mission" for those ones, instead of raising a family? :scratch:
Im not really sure if i truly belive that there is "the one" ,but i do belive that respect & mutual love is the key to any relationship. Without that love just anit gonna work out - PERIOD! And it does help if u and that person share the same vaules & morals , i cuz it does bring two ppl closer togther and makes it easier to love one another. But if the there is such a thing called "soulmate" i say BRING IT ON!!! it would be nice to think that everyone on this wonderful planet has their own soulmate to love .

The pictures today from my archives MJ:

semttulonh.png

michaelya.jpg

Michael... sooooooo beautiful... :wub::wub::wub:

:wild::wild::wild:

Originally Posted by Victoria83
We need to find, again, the poetic and the mysterious, to be fully ourselves. I believe, that someday, everything that can be imagined. . can happen. Michael believed in/hoped for. . a healed world. I still think that can happen.

Your words are sweet and truthful, I also believe that someday, everything that can be imagined. . can happen.

Thanks for the post! :angel:

PS: wow!! Ash so beautiful!!! :wub: His eyes seem so sad! :( willingness to offer a hug
:wub: :wub:

Last edited:
Please, someone, help me find again the video I mentioned? Would be much appreciated.

With reference to my earlier post? I think so much of what is possible, has to do with BELIEF. I've seen that proven, so many times in my life. Or, suspension of disbelief?

Carry on,

Vic

Please, someone, help me find again the video I mentioned? Would be much appreciated.

With reference to my earlier post? I think so much of what is possible, has to do with BELIEF. I've seen that proven, so many times in my life. Or, suspension of disbelief?

Carry on,

Vic

I didn't find your other post, Vic. Which video are you looking for?

I didn't find your other post, Vic. Which video are you looking for?

A lot of the imagery of the video was from Stranger in Moscow. I think it was a fan-made video? There was a woman singing. The lyrics, as I remember them, were something like: "You don't know. . you are so beautiful." And, "All the way to the end. . . ."

I used to have it bookmarked, but my computer crashed, and I lost it.

I've Googled nearly everything I can think of, but can't find it again. . but, I need to hear/see it again?

Anyone?

Thanks, in advance?

Vic

This thread is about love, and miracles, and magic, and faith, and symbols, and ideas. It's become addictive, if I may put it that way? It's like some sort of beautifully woven tapestry of many threads, of many colors. Some reach their ends. . seem to end. . but then are picked up again.

What a beautiful way to describe this beautiful thread! I believe we each contributed a thread to the tapestry and God so wonderfully wove all the pieces together!

What if Michael could time-travel? Do you really think he can't? If we all cry at the same time? Does he need our help, in some way? What if he did?????

Hmmm ...

I was actually amazed and encouraged that this thread continued? I used to lurk here. I had no idea how it would go forward, yet it has, and the tapestry of many colors continues.

I am not as amazed that it continued. After his "passing," I had always felt a gentle nudging and a still small voice that whispered, "You will continue ..." That's why, against all logical reasoning, whenever I saw it "dying," I intentionally bumped it back up again. I felt a very strong urging in my heart of hearts and spirit to keep it "alive." I knew it probably wouldn't make sense to a lot of people, but I figured God knew why it had to continue ... and that was good enough for me.

With all that said, maybe you can help me with something? There is a video I seem to have lost. About Michael. . like a collage. The song to it had the words, something like, "Do you know?. . you are so beautiful." And then images of Michael's face. The lyrics were also. . "All the way to the end," or something like that? A lot of the images were from the "Stranger in Moscow" era, in pics. I NEED to have this video again, so can you please help me find it? I've searched everywhere, but cannot find it. . . There was something to it. . a message.. that I've tried, and failed, to find again (lost when my computer crashed). Anyone know this one? Post a link?

Wow Vic! I really wish I could help you with this. Seems like you've got your heart set on it. If I find someone who knows about it, I'll let you know. Somebody around here has to know something about it.

Last edited:
I am not as amazed that it continued. After his "passing," I had always felt a gentle nudging and a still small voice that whispered, "You must continue ..." That's why, against all logical reasoning, whenever I saw it "dying," I intentionally bumped it back up again. I felt a very strong urging in my heart of hearts and spirit to keep it "alive." I knew it probably wouldn't make sense to a lot of people, but I figured God knew why it had to continue ... and that was good enough for me.

:yes::)

Wow Vic! I really wish I could help you with this. Seems like you've got your heart set on it. If I find someone who knows about it, I'll let you know. Somebody around here has to know something about this.

I would love to help, tried... but unsuccessfully, and I would love to see! :(

I am not as amazed that it continued. After his "passing," I had always felt a gentle nudging and a still small voice that whispered, "You must continue ..." That's why, against all logical reasoning, whenever I saw it "dying," I intentionally bumped it back up again. I felt a very strong urging in my heart of hearts and spirit to keep it "alive." I knew it probably wouldn't make sense to a lot of people, but I figured God knew why it had to continue ... and that was good enough for me.

The show must go on and Mike will be always in command! :rolleyes:

Summer, I knew that's what you were saying. I was saying that a person can believe they will have no problems with that lifestyle, and maybe even enjoy it. But until they experience it, how would they know? Sometimes compromise and adaptation is needed by both parties even if they've decided on something together. Because love is involved, two people should adapt to what works best for them as a couple.

Like your example of a mom staying home and not working after having children. If they both agreed to that, and she thought she'd be happy doing that, but found out a few years into it that she really wasn't happy doing that, then together they should find a workable solution because they care about each other. It's not all about only one person making all the adjustments and compromises. I do realize with Michael it is a bit different because even he can't .. (couldn't) escape his own life and fame, so that is something that they'd be mostly powerless over. .. maybe.

I don't think anyone goes into a marriage with the thought that it will be anything but forever. Yet still 50% of marriages end in divorce, and only 25% are happily married. Those are some sad statistics. People do have to try to be as realistic as possible before jumping into something, yet still there will be unknowns. Till those things are experienced first hand, you can imagine any outcome.

So whomever he was with would have to have been someone pretty unique and special
for it to work, and he'd have to adapt as well, but hopefully if they are/were meant for each other (I hate talking past tense here.. so you'll just have to excuse that from me for speaking present tense if I do) they could find ways to
overcome all
of those
difficulties.
But that's what love gives us right? The reason and courage and strength to get through those difficulties and challenges that will come up. If two people have that love for each other, then
they work selflessly for their relationship and find the best solution.
If one of those parties is purely selfish in it, then there is no way it can work with a happy outcome.

I don't know if this was any clearer or not.

:punk:

:angel:Heal The World...WE Are The World...Education IS The Key~~~

I've not seen the film, but have read the book. I loved it, even though it was. . unsettling.

He was (is?) a human-being,
but
extremely inquisitive, sensitive, and had a love of learning.
He was a very old soul.
He was a spiritual person,
and very advanced in that, I think.
He was not perfect. .he was human. . but he was GOOD.

There are different kinds of "knowing." Right and left brain? We need BOTH.
Michael was self-educated. He had a library of ten-thousand books!
He knew a lot about a lot, in conventional ways. He also has said that his music did not COME from him. That he was just a conduit, somehow? I believe it. . . . I know it. I am a writer, and my writing comes that way, too. It just is what it is. But from where? The answer is different for different people, depending on culture and spiritual beliefs. Isn't it? But maybe from the same Source?

I won't say here what I think what really happened at the end, except. . he was so unfinished . . . ?

Time and memory are interesting? (There have been many times when I've "previewed" the future. I'm LIKE that, ok? It just is what it is. . .)

We go about in a bubble of the present. Always NOW. A series of "nows," like a line made of individual points, some erasing themselves as we move ever-forward, to be replaced by others. We remember so little, really, of yesterday and the yesterdays before that? A string of days that stretch BACK, into the past? Of all those days, conversations, events, we remember so little, really. In that string of days and moments, there are some that are indelible. The moment we heard of Michael's "passing" is one of those, for each of us, individually. It was like a threshold had been crosssed that shifted our world? I was actually amazed and encouraged that this thread continued? I used to lurk here. I had no idea how it would go forward, yet it has, and the tapestry of many colors continues.

I have a lot of education. I also believe.. BELIEVE. .in magic, very much. I think in this modern world, we are so science-driven, so commerce-driven, that we do not embrace the mysterious, nearly enough. We want to KNOW, exactly, when "exactly" may not always be possible? We need to find, again, the poetic and the mysterious, to be fully ourselves. I believe, that someday, everything that can be imagined. . can happen.
Michael believed in/hoped for. . a healed world. I still think that can happen.

Anyway. . . . . have a good evening, gentle people.

Vic

:punk:

:angel:Heal The World...WE Are The World...Education IS The Key~~~

I am not as amazed that it continued. After his "passing," I had always felt a gentle nudging and a still small voice that whispered, "You will continue ..." That's why, against all logical reasoning, whenever I saw it "dying," I intentionally bumped it back up again. I felt a very strong urging in my heart of hearts and spirit to keep it "alive." I knew it probably wouldn't make sense to a lot of people, but I figured God knew why it had to continue ... and that was good enough for me.
:) :cheers:

Back