Did MJ Find Love In The Dark (continued)

But I still don't think that's MJ in that song...:scratch: :lol:

It doesn't sound to me like he's singing the entire song. Just parts of it.

Okay, I stopped listening to "Someone Put Your Handout" as soon as I saw Sneddon's face in the video. It LITERALLY made me wanna throw up :puke:...I'm not kidding. I love that song though. Love MJ's voice in it. And I could have written the lyrics myself...! :boohoo:And I refuse to keep listening to "Can't Be Good" because I don't wanna keep thinking about the person the song reminds me of...thank you very much. :( :lol: I'm happy I have just managed to get him out of my mind, not looking forward to starting to think about him AGAIN, thanks! :(

Last edited:
When I heard the voice I felt it was unmistakably MJ. Don't see how you guyz are missing that ... hmmm:scratch: ... and the natural power renders the sound to be more than just 'altered' :lol: its much stronger than sweet little extremely talented baby sis too (in other words, no offense Jan). The strength of his voice basically comes "blaring" through, sounds like he's trying to 'subdue' it to match or fit her more subtle tone imho.
y'all think those "ah" sounds in the background are Janet?! :wild:

he seriously needz to cut that out :dizzy:

Last edited:
Well, okay, you guys made me listen to the song again...and I STILL can't hear MJ. :lol: The tonality of his voice is totally different than the person's singing on this version of "Can't Be Good". When MJ is singing in this register, his voice doesn't sound like that...and his vibratos are different. It sounds like Janet even though the voice is different (darker and lower than Janet's). I am telling you guys...that's most likely Janet's voice being altered somehow to a "slower, darker" tone...(or it's Jason Malachi :lol:). But it is not MJ. Trust me. Or if it is Michael...then my 10 years of music education and "ear training" were useless and I need to clean my ears too. :mello: :timer::lol:

Last edited:
^ I agree the singing sounds a bit 'Malachiish" :lol: in the sense its not Michael's usual power and range. Are you saying you don't even think that's him talking in the beginning? Sounds JUST like him talking to me. The brain can play some funny tricks when people want to hear something :lol: I'm convinced that's how Malachi fooled a lot of long time fans. Maybe the singing is a nephew if its not MJ and those "sounds" :dizzy: they really need to stop it :lol: 'specially when folks have MJ on the brain.

Last edited:
Wow..this is interesting.. is it MJ or not?lol... :unsure: :D yeah our minds are getting tricked, its a mystery about "can't be good" sorry but who is jason malachi? ;X

Last edited:
Malachi is a very good MJ vocal impersonator who caused a lot ot FAKE leaks

I agree the singing sounds a bit "Malachiish" but the talking sounds just like MJ to me. Its funny the way the brain can t rick you when you want to hear from someone so badly. :lol:

Beautiful , enchanting song .
yes, it totally is

Last edited:
Malachi is a very good MJ vocal impersonator who caused a lot ot FAKE leaks

I agree the singing sounds a bit "Malachiish" but the talking sounds just like MJ to me. Its funny the way the brain can t rick you when you want to hear from someone so badly. :lol:

yes, it totally is

oh wow.... it might be Malachi then. :lol: dang fake leaks?wow, i guess our brains can trick us. It thought it sounded like MJ at first, but now since you guys mentioned Malachi i am like wow, who is it? :lol:

Actually the talking doesn't sound like Michael to me either...:lol: Listen how the person says "good"...it's exactly how Janet says good. Which is why I think they just slowed the song or changed the pitch or something...

Last edited:
But wouldn't Janet's record label pull this song off of Youtube if Malachi had altered it? Sounds like he would be asking for a lawsuit pulling a stunt like that. Plus, I don't think Janet would be too happy about Malachi masquerading as her brother. She seems like she would shut him down herself. Janet doesn’t play.

Also, for those that do not know, MJ can sing in a very seductive tone of voice when he wants to. This wouldn’t be his first time singing in this tone. Go listen to “Find Me A Girl” where he and his brothers are singing this part:

And when I find her
(Whatchu gonna do?)
I’m gonna be good to her
And when I find her
(Whatchu gonna do?)
She’ll be my lovin’ baby
And when I find her
(Whatchu gonna do?)
I’m gonna make good, good lovin’

Don’t underestimate Mike.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=DnkwqjBMSHM&feature=related

^ agreed on not underestimating his sensual tone

Lady in My Life need I say more :lol:

I'm not saying its Malachi. Whoever it is (if its not Mike) may be legitimately credited for all anyone knows. Have you guys read the CD cover? I'm just saying, a closer listen lends a slightly "debatable" aspect, and I'm a firm believer that when long time fans start debating, its pretty much a no. Could be a nephew? The family's been talking more about working together more...? That speaking sounds like him in 'tone'. How Janet pronounces her words.... I just don't have that kind of time and all proper due respect to any who do. When you all figure it out, let me know :lol:

I actually don't really think it's Malachi, but Janet's voice altered. The song is slower than the original one. And what I meant with tone...I didn't mean how the person is singing the song. I know Michael can put all kinds of emotions to a song from angry, sad, sexy to anything possible. But no matter what emotions there are...your "tone" of voice still stays the same. With "tone", I meant...*trying to think how to explain it* :scratch:...the "sound" of the voice...you know...the darkness or brightness of a voice...I guess that best describes it. You know, like, two people can sing the exact same note, and still one of them can sound darker while the other one's voice sounds brighter. And everyone has a certain way of pronouncing things....It's the little "nuances" in the voice that makes each voice unique. And I am pretty much 100% certain that ain't Mike on that song. :lol:

StateOfShock...actually, when you have a lot to do with music and you listen to songs a lot or sing yourself or play an instrument, etc. it comes "naturally" to pay attention to the different tones, nuances, etc. You can't help it. Like with Janet's voice and how she pronounces things...it's not from "obsession with Janet" that I notice such things, but it has more to do with listening...REALLY listening.

Last edited:
^ Girl I don't imagine you're obsessed with Janet. I just figured you played the song a lot to 'study' this, which I just havn't had the time to do. My brother and I used to slow songs down and really listen for patterns in pronunciation and things like that and I have done my share of that with a lot of these songs we've been discussing. These days I just barely have time to jump in hear and add my 2 cents worth. Its very cool that you have such a great ear for sound btw and are a musician. I understand exactly what you're saying and again, I agree that it is definitely questionable. (and I know you don't "need" me to say this but I'll say it anyway lol) You know your MJ! That's for sure. :yes: and that's IF you are correct. Somehow the younger fans seem to have a special kind of MJ Sonar, :lol: so you could be right about that. It will be wonderful when his album comes out and removes ALL doubt. :yes:

Actually I listened exactly 2 times to the "supposed MJ version" of the song. :lol:

ok well that's all it took for you :) :yes: and as you said, best to get back on topic or this could be like any other "is it him" debate, and carry oin endlessly :lol:

^ agreed on not underestimating his sensual tone

Lady in My Life need I say more :lol:

I'm not saying its Malachi. Whoever it is (if its not Mike) may be legitimately credited for all anyone knows. Have you guys read the CD cover? I'm just saying, a closer listen lends a slightly "debatable" aspect, and I'm a firm believer that when long time fans start debating, its pretty much a no. Could be a nephew? The family's been talking more about working together more...? That speaking sounds like him in 'tone'. How Janet pronounces her words.... I just don't have that kind of time and all proper due respect to any who do. When you all figure it out, let me know :lol:
Wow! Funny you would say this! You just reminded me of something that my mother told me. She said when you're not sure about something say no, because it's easier to change a no answer to yes than a yes answer to no. So, I'm going to go with you and my mother on this one, STATEofSHOCK. Plus, saying this is not MJ still won't take away from anything else that's in this thread. We've already heard a song that we know MJ is actually singing in that falls right in line with this thread and that song is "Hold My Hand." It also was leaked onto the Internet the exact same day that I reposted this thread.

So, now that that's over with, where do you guys wanna go next? Does anyone else have anything that they see in MJ that shows he still looks like love has not found him?

If he's saying the words "We're better off together" in "Hold My Hand" and all the other songs are about someone coming to him and he's releasing songs where he's saying that he's met her, should we say he hasn't and ignore the change in him as well?

Or, should we say there's definitely something going on with him that's making him now want to release love songs that show the positive side of relationships and how two committed people can make it work. During the “Invincible” era it seems like he had many doubts about it. Right now, it seems like his doubts have been erased.

:yes:

Last edited:
But wouldn't Janet's record label pull this song off of Youtube if Malachi had altered it? Sounds like he would be asking for a lawsuit pulling a stunt like that. Plus, I don't think Janet would be too happy about Malachi masquerading as her brother. She seems like she would shut him down herself. Janet doesn’t play.

Also, for those that do not know, MJ can sing in a very seductive tone of voice when he wants to. This wouldn’t be his first time singing in this tone. Go listen to “Find Me A Girl” where he and his brothers are singing this part:

And when I find her
(Whatchu gonna do?)
I’m gonna be good to her
And when I find her
(Whatchu gonna do?)
She’ll be my lovin’ baby
And when I find her
(Whatchu gonna do?)
I’m gonna make good, good lovin’

Don’t underestimate Mike.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=DnkwqjBMSHM&feature=related

thats wierd I listened to this song today :lol:

i love it :D

And I can understand MJ using disguises because it must be difficult to get to know anyone if people know it's him because there is going to be chaos, first of all, so it won't even be easy to get near anyone and second, it must be difficult to know if he can trust the girl and to know what she really thinks if she knows it's him. But then on the other hand...using a disguise "too long" with someone can bcome a problem too. Because then it could be the girl falls in love with someone who is not what she thinks he is. Or it can be that it won't get anywhere because, if you are in a disguise...you can't be truthful about who and what you are, and I can just imagine that you won't be able to answer her questions and I'd imagine it to be impossible to really get to know someone who is in a disguise. How can a friendship...or even "worse"....a relationship even have a chance if she can't get to know the person because he can't be truthful about himself?! So I agree with StateOfShock about the "insult" part....I mean, if I were talking to someone and woudl fall in love with him and then I'd get the feeling he isn't being truthful and woudl be playing games...I know I'd feel insulted too and would stop all contact with that person. I think that's only natural. Anyways...what was my point? :scratch: :lol: :lol: I can't remember...:doh: :lol: I guess I was just "ranting away"...:smilerolleyes: :doh::lol: :lol:

[/color]

yes and yet looking from his possible perspective, it may not have been so much of a "game" as a "creative" way he had of going about it trying to meet her. I also don't believe his first encounter with her was on the street, randomly. He had a more up close encounter with her (too many references to her eyes) and communication (too many references to "letter/s")

I tend to believe that if he used an actual disguise to actually meet her, he would have used that to comfortably and properly approach her and surely since she loves him for who (and what) he is, she would understand that, and would have been elated to see him, so I don't feel a disguise frightened her off.

On the other hand, what frightens a young girl in the street? Strange (acting) men in the street. Say, if he sent an employee (eg., decoy, P.I. etc.,) which among them is really going to say to him, "MJ I ****ed up your love life" - so instead of telling the truth of what happened, he led MJ to believe she is merely a "ghetto B" :lol: (which it sounds like to me is the last line of Can't Let Her Get Away) which if she was trying to ward off a stranger in the street, maybe she acted like just that :lol: (anyone here ever use that tactic?) and even though he says a lot of crude things in that song, he also says, "Can't Let Her Get Away", "Can't Let Go" etc., so a part of him didn't fully believe it or accept it as the "final" of who she really is. "Something about her" told him that he was right the first time he saw her and that's why he felt it was the right thing to do to go to all this to meet her.

so,

as time went on, because of his initial feelings of certainty about her, MJ didn't accept this as the "final" result of all his continuous "watching" and decided to dig deeper himself, and since he'd lost physical contact with her (address etc.) he decided to go the spiritual route via prayer and mediation.

This is when he found out that she was sincere and for real and still "all alone" by the time YANA was released and letting her know he's "still all alone" too. At the end, he shouts "gotta stop being alone!" "You and me!" "Together!" -

so by 2002, he is ready to "find her" but needs to "expand" his "search" and is now in "talks" with his "spiritual advisors" who have done all kinds of "research" into metaphysics (study of non-physical energy), and Universal Laws, Astrology (the effects of the "stars"), probably to include Numerology (vibration of numbers in the universe and which is where I'm thinking 777 comes from) and maybe he even "researched" her Jehovah's Witness history (which JW "Brothers" customarily do when they're interested in someone) and all this coupled with his own practices of meditation (inner listening to Spirit), may have brought him back around to the unfinished business of needing to get in contact with his 'cosmic match' ...

which eventually became One More Chance

Somehow she "responded" to OMC and most recently he decided to say to her, "so tell me what we're waiting for" as AFMJ pointed out - he is no longer "searching" - he seems to be back to directing his "messages" specifically

meanwhile, the girl has been finally getting the messages, can't concentrate on anything else in her life, which is unraveling at every seam and needs him to come with the quickness so she can have One More Chance at love too and since they're "better off being together than being miserable alone"

Last edited:
so by 2002, he is in "talks" with his "spiritual advisors" who have done all kinds of "research" into metaphysics (study of non-physical energy), and Universal Laws, Astrology (the effects of the "stars"), probably to include Numerology (vibration of numbers in the universe and which is where I'm thinking 777 comes from) and maybe he even "researched" her Jehovah's Witness history (which JW "Brothers" do when they're interested in someone) and all this coupled with his own practices of meditation (inner listening to Spirit), may have brought him back around to the unfinished business of needing to get in contact with his 'cosmic match' ...
Speaking of 777, STATEofSHOCK, I want to congratulate you on hitting a jack pot yesterday! You added post number 777 to the thread yesterday!

:clap:

Go here to see!

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52601&page=52

You ladies should write romance novels. You make a girl want to fall in love:wub:

:bugeyed:lol:

Last edited:
yes and yet looking from his possible perspective, it may not have been so much of a "game" as a "creative" way he had of going about it trying to meet her. I also don't believe his first encounter with her was on the street, randomly. He had a more up close encounter with her (too many references to her eyes) and communication (too many references to "letter/s")

I tend to believe that if he used an actual disguise to actually meet her, he would have used that to comfortably and properly approach her and surely since she loves him for who (and what) he is, she would understand that, and would have been elated to see him, so I don't feel a disguise frightened her off.

On the other hand, what frightens a young girl in the street? Strange (acting) men in the street. Say, if he sent an employee (eg., decoy, P.I. etc.,) which among them is really going to say to him, "MJ I ****ed up your love life" - so instead of telling the truth of what happened, he led MJ to believe she is merely a "ghetto B" :lol: (which it sounds like to me is the last line of Can't Let Her Get Away) which if she was trying to ward off a stranger in the street, maybe she acted like just that :lol: (anyone here ever use that tactic?) and even though he says a lot of crude things in that song, he also says, "Can't Let Her Get Away", "Can't Let Go" etc., so a part of him didn't fully believe it or accept it as the "final" of who she really is. "Something about her" told him that he was right the first time he saw her and that's why he felt it was the right thing to do to go to all this to meet her.

so,

as time went on, because of his initial feelings of certainty about her, MJ didn't accept this as the "final" result of all his continuous "watching" and decided to dig deeper himself, and since he'd lost physical contact with her (address etc.) he decided to go the spiritual route via prayer and mediation.

This is when he found out that she was sincere and for real and still "all alone" by the time YANA was released and letting her know he's "still all alone" too. At the end, he shouts "gotta stop being alone!" "You and me!" "Together!" -

so by 2002, he is ready to "find her" but needs to "expand" his "search" and is now in "talks" with his "spiritual advisors" who have done all kinds of "research" into metaphysics (study of non-physical energy), and Universal Laws, Astrology (the effects of the "stars"), probably to include Numerology (vibration of numbers in the universe and which is where I'm thinking 777 comes from) and maybe he even "researched" her Jehovah's Witness history (which JW "Brothers" customarily do when they're interested in someone) and all this coupled with his own practices of meditation (inner listening to Spirit), may have brought him back around to the unfinished business of needing to get in contact with his 'cosmic match' ...

which eventually became One More Chance

Somehow she "responded" to OMC and most recently he decided to say to her, "so tell me what we're waiting for" as AFMJ pointed out - he is no longer "searching" - he seems to be back to directing his "messages" specifically

meanwhile, the girl has been finally getting the messages, can't concentrate on anything else in her life, which is unraveling at every seam and needs him to come with the quickness so she can have One More Chance at love too and since they're "better off being together than being miserable alone"

"Does anyone ever use that tactic?"...:lol: :lol: Actually, my "tactic" is a fake name. :lol: If someone talks to me on the street...I sometimes do stop and talk (if they are polite and asking for directions...), and if they ask what my name is I'm like "Oh...it's *insert fake name summer always uses with strangers*"...:lol: I wouldn't even DREAM of telling a complete stranger my REAL name! But I'd feel like I'd be really rude if I said "It's none of your business!"...so I just use a fake name. I mean, it's not like they'd know it's not my real name. :lol: But if they are being really rude and all "Hey baby" and all that stuff, I just ignore them. :puke:

Wasn't MJ married to Lisa Marie when You Are Not Alone came out? :scratch: :lol:

Actually, I guess there was no girl in 2002 since MJ said himself "No...not right now...I haven't found one yet" in LWMJ. You know when Bashir asked him if he likes to buy jewelry and MJ said "If there's a girl I like at the moment, I'd buy her jewelry"...and then Bashir asked "Is there?".

Speaking of 777, STATEofSHOCK, I want to congratulate you on hitting a jack pot yesterday! You added post number 777 to the thread yesterday!

:clap:

Go here to see!

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52601&page=52

:lol: :lol: What's her prize??! :clapping::lol:

You ladies should write romance novels. You make a girl want to fall in love:wub:

:bugeyed:lol:

I know...tell me about it!!! :lol: It's like "I wish my love life was as ROMANTIC..." :lmao: :lmao:

Last edited:
Wasn't MJ married to Lisa Marie when You Are Not Alone came out? :scratch: :lol:
ya know, it is indeed interesting that she was williing to do a shortfilm from a song about someone being "always" in his heart saying, "though we're far apart" etc.

Actually, I guess there was no girl in 2002 since MJ said himself "No...not right now...I haven't found one yet" in LWMJ. You know when Bashir asked him if he likes to buy jewelry and MJ said "If there's a girl I like at the moment, I'd buy her jewelry"...and then Bashir asked "Is there?".

true and interesting that a few months later he was doing a song about "searching" for "that one":scratch:you're right that is interesting

Last edited:
Back