Did MJ Find Love In The Dark (continued)

What song is this now? That line I can relate too more than I wish I did.

Also... thank you so much for what you have said. Sorry I didn't say it right away.

Last edited:
:girl_sigh:

Ape and Summer >>> :hiya:

Aww, "butterflies" takes me back in time in here. Wasn't it on this shopping trip of MJ's in fall 2008 that he was wearing pinned to his lapel two black fluffy butterflies (or at least we thought maybe that is what we were seeing...even in the pic below they are hard to see).

butterfliesu.jpg

:thinking:

I see one butterfly...

michael-jackson-2008-1.jpg
michael_jackson1.jpg
:wub:

or am I not seeing right. :unsure:

thank you very much Shila and Summer !! :worship:

Even after his death LITD had to go through alot , with all the lies,,,we ,his fans, hurt alot by all these lies from so called friends ,what about her ! she is the person who knew him closely....maybe this is another thing MJ was predicting and now she has to get by all these obstacles with out him being around!

Last edited:
thank you very much Shila and Summer !! :worship:

Even after his death LITD had to go through alot , with all the lies,,,we ,his fans, hurt alot by all these lies from so called friends ,what about her ! she is the person who knew him closely....maybe this is another thing MJ was predicting and now she has to get by all these obstacles with out him being around!

Yes i feel for her whoever she is, must be hard for her to deal with all the crap

Last edited:
:popcorn:

Guess I should go buy the new cd so I can participate in giving some constructive input. :ermm: :lol: :p

Yes i have seen that note and omg his writing is so cute :wub:
And speaking of that song "best of joy" do any of u feel that song is a ode to his kids? like hes saying "we are forever- forever family"

But i also feel it could aslo be a song he wanted to share to show us what love for family is about and making us aknowledge what our parents do for us. Im not sure if that is right but its what i have been feeling from listening to it.

Re: Handwritten lyrics "Best of Joy"

Has anyone seen?

bestofyouj.jpg
>>> :girl_sigh:

:girl_in_love:

Just what Justus needed to se just now. Forever. Eternity. Thanks for the reminder. Joy......yes. Alright then. I see you.

btw no, it is not an ode to the children. Although they are part of Joy.

Yes i have seen that note and omg his writing is so cute :wub:
And speaking of that song "best of joy" do any of u feel that song is a ode to his kids? like hes saying "we are forever- forever family"

But i also feel it could aslo be a song he wanted to share to show us what love for family is about and making us aknowledge what our parents do for us. Im not sure if that is right but its what i have been feeling from listening to it.
I can certainly see how you could get that from the lyrics in the song that we hear on the CD. :yes:

Have you noticed, though, that the lyrics from the note that Ash has posted do vary a little from the final recorded lyrics.

Has anyone seen?

bestofyouj.jpg

Thanks for posting this note, Ashtanga, by the way! :flowers:

But notice above that he has "our" before "sacred thing"

You are the spring
Our love's our sacred thing

Where the lyrics I believe in the CD are said to be "our love is "a" sacred thing.

Having that "our" there makes it a little more personal. You know my first vote has been that this song is for the fans, and I can also see what 8701girl is meaning about the family love bond, but after seeing this note and a few differences in the original lyrics...hmmm...it very well be his speaking about a sacred love with one woman.

I notice he had initially intended to use a few lines resembling the lyrics from the song, Ben:

Instead of,

I used to say "I" and "me"
Now it's "us", now it's "we"

the lines in the note are,

It used to be "you"
but now it's "we"

I guess that could be about fans...fans who in their life always felt they were going it alone, but then they discovered Michael and his large heart and it stopped being just them alone (you) and became about them and Michael (we).

If it was about his children then it would have at first been for Michael all about himself (me) and then it would become (we) after the children were born.

But this is You/We.

And he is telling someone what he has what... observed? or feels he needs to remind them? that he is their best of joy and all these other things that they needed in place with someone, and they were once just them (you), alone, but now it is a meaningful love bond going on between them (we).

Also that line, where he first put (in the note), "I am the one..." then changed it to "Wasn't it I"...that said you were free. FT suggested this about a possible meaning for that line:
FT said:
I think wasn't it I that said you're free could have meant that he wasn't since he was always trapped in the spotlight and cameras snapping at him.

and when I just looked up the poem of Michael's Two Birds, this line I think could support FT's thoughts,

~ Unless they already know a love that never interferes, that watches from beyond, that breathes free in the invisible air ~

I personally have never been sure if Two Birds is talking about an actual person he loves, or, a part of himself that he has chosen to keep hidden because it didn't feel safe to expose that deep, true part of himself with others. But he wished he could...which brings me to the last line of the poem,

How long will it be before the world hears your song in mine?
Oh, that is a day I hunger for!

But this could still possibly mean there is a LITD girl who no one knows about whose hidden love influenced his music (as a muse) all along, and one day, he hungered/hoped for her to be brought out of the dark and into the light, and be finally "seen."

:shifty:​

Just what Justus needed to se just now. Forever. Eternity. Thanks for the reminder. Joy......yes. Alright then. I see you.

btw no, it is not an ode to the children. Although they are part of Joy.

Justus! :wild: >>> :hiya: :friends:

Happy to see you here and for you do not have disappeared from the forum. ;) :heart: :blush:

Yes... Best of Joy song is really (in my opinion) the best song on the album. :girl_sigh: I really can not stop listening. :wub:

Thanks for posting this note, Ashtanga, by the way! :flowers:
;)

But notice above that he has "our" before "sacred thing"

You are the spring
Our love's our sacred thing

Where the lyrics I believe in the CD are said to be "our love is "a" sacred thing.

Having that "our" there makes it a little more personal. You know my first vote has been that this song is for the fans, and I can also see what 8701girl is meaning about the family love bond, but after seeing this note and a few differences in the original lyrics...hmmm...it very well be his speaking about a sacred love with one woman.

I notice he had initially intended to use a few lines resembling the lyrics from the song, Ben:

Instead of,

I used to say "I" and "me"
Now it's "us", now it's "we"

the lines in the note are,

It used to be "you"
but now it's "we"

I guess that could be about fans...fans who in their life always felt they were going it alone, but then they discovered Michael and his large heart and it stopped being just them alone (you) and became about them and Michael (we).

If it was about his children then it would have at first been for Michael all about himself (me) and then it would become (we) after the children were born.

But this is You/We.

And he is telling someone what he has what... observed? or feels he needs to remind them? that he is their best of joy and all these other things that they needed in place with someone, and they were once just them (you), alone, but now it is a meaningful love bond going on between them (we).

Also that line, where he first put (in the note), "I am the one..." then changed it to "Wasn't it I"...that said you were free. FT suggested this about a possible meaning for that line:

and when I just looked up the poem of Michael's Two Birds, this line I think could support FT's thoughts,

~ Unless they already know a love that never interferes, that watches from beyond, that breathes free in the invisible air ~

I personally have never been sure if Two Birds is talking about an actual person he loves, or, a part of himself that he has chosen to keep hidden because it didn't feel safe to expose that deep, true part of himself with others. But he wished he could...which brings me to the last line of the poem,

How long will it be before the world hears your song in mine?
Oh, that is a day I hunger for!

But this could still possibly mean there is a LITD girl who no one knows about whose hidden love influenced his music (as a muse) all along, and one day, he hungered/hoped for her to be brought out of the dark and into the light, and be finally "seen."

Jackson_popcorn.gif

Last edited:
I can certainly see how you could get that from the lyrics in the song that we hear on the CD. :yes:

Have you noticed, though, that the lyrics from the note that Ash has posted do vary a little from the final recorded lyrics.

Yes i noticed that too.

Yes... Best of Joy song is really (in my opinion) the best song on the album. :girl_sigh: I really can not stop listening. :wub:​

;)

Jackson_popcorn.gif

Yeh i cant stop listening 2 that song either

Has anyone seen?

bestofyouj.jpg

Aaaawwwww...he wrote it on the back of a "to do -list. :yes: :wub::wub: Cute!!:wub: I'm gonna miss reading his little notes. I love his handwriting....it's just painfully cute!! :wub:

it took me a long time to finish reading this... (oh,my poor english...zz_-)
that's terrific! \(^o^)/~

Aaaawwwww...he wrote it on the back of a "to do -list. :yes: :wub::wub: Cute!!:wub: I'm gonna miss reading his little notes. I love his handwriting....it's just painfully cute!! :wub:

I know its so adorable :wub:

Love how his handwriting is always kinda messy lol

Shila;3141219 said:

He often changed the lyrics when he got in the studio when he started with the meoldy, the words have to go hand in hand with the melody. Just look how Billie Jean lyrics looked before the finished one or most of his songs.

Best Of Joy is about deep friendship. The lyrics just came to him one day in the studio. It could be the deep friendship with his fans or just one person. But if you go after what he said about the song it feels like it is to the fans and the world.

He often said that "everyone wants the love songs to be about someone special, when they´re not, but I´m okay with that, the songs are for everyone to get that special feeling".

moodyblue97;3141871 said:
He often said that "everyone wants the love songs to be about someone special, when they´re not, but I´m okay with that, the songs are for everyone to get that special feeling".

Aww he said that, so sweet :wub:

Guu@wallis;3141580 said:
it took me a long time to finish reading this... (oh,my poor english...zz_-)
that's terrific! \(^o^)/~

:wild: :punk:

I hope you enjoy your stay here. :cheers: ;) Welcome! :hi:

moodyblue97;3141871 said:
Best Of Joy is about deep friendship. The lyrics just came to him one day in the studio. It could be the deep friendship with his fans or just one person. But if you go after what he said about the song it feels like it is to the fans and the world.

:girl_sigh:

Yes.... :wub:

what do u think about these lines , not included in the song !

i am the one who ????? the clouds away
i'll be the future and the day

also , why do you think MJ needs to remind his fans with what he do to them , or even the LITD girl ! why tell them i did this and i did that to you ?

do think the fans letters were also an inspiration to this song !
i wish a fan one day show us a copy of a letter where s/he told MJ how he can bring joy to his fans hearts ! or maybe this was after meeting fans in the last awards when fans were crying and screaming his name like in London 2006 ! that was a divine night !

Last edited:
what do u think about these lines , not included in the song !

i am the one who ????? the clouds away
i'll be the future and the day

Could it be " i am the one who will take the coulds away???

Does anyone else think Best of Joy is about God, Michael's relationship with God? It reminds me of the Footprints in the sand poem.

Does anyone else think Best of Joy is about God, Michael's relationship with God? It reminds me of the Footprints in the sand poem.

yeah sometimes it sounds like God is talking to Michael..this was my first impression when i read the lyrics then listen to the song ! but then when he said we are friends i do not know i kinda change my mind ALTHOUGH many people including myself refers to God as my friend and my best friend ! so basically it it might be one facet of this song is MJ and God !

Back