Director Roman Polanski held in Zurich on 31 Year Old Arrest Warrant for Unlawful Sex

Ain't it bitter?

Nearly 100 entertainment industry professionals, including the movie directors Pedro Almodóvar, Wong Kar Wai and Wim Wenders, urged in a petition that Mr. Polanski be released, saying: “Filmmakers in France, in Europe, in the United States and around the world are dismayed by this decision.”

Ronald Harwood, who won an Oscar as screenwriter of “The Pianist,” which Mr. Polanski directed, said: “It’s really disgraceful. Both the Americans and the Swiss have miscalculated.”

Jack Lang, a former French culture minister, said that for Europeans the development showed that the American system of justice had run amok.

“Sometimes, the American justice system shows an excess of formalism,” Mr. Lang said, “like an infernal machine that advances inexorably and blindly.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/30/movies/30polanski.html?_r=1&em

I hate to play the race card (and I'm white) but it's so obvious what's happening here:

Polanski did it - yet he recieves big support.

Michael didn't do it - no support for him.

Disgusting!

I hate to play the race card (and I'm white) but it's so obvious what's happening here:

Disgusting!

Polanski's Jewish, hence the application of the Third Reich's Nuremberg Laws towards him. Regardless of any supposed past maltreatment on racial grounds he may have received due to such laws, that doesn't excuse his actions.

I do agree though it's "disgusting" how much support is showered on him while Michael, who didn't run and was acquitted of all charges by a jury of his peers, is still smeared.

In an open letter, Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein called on "every U.S. filmmaker to lobby against any move to bring Polanski back to the U.S.," arguing that "whatever you think of the so-called crime, Polanski has served his time."

Former Polish President Lech Walesa called Polanski a "great person" and pleaded, "If he did this one sin, forgive him."

{Just imagine if Obama or Bush tried to be openly sympathetic to Michael which he deserves.}

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-polanski-europe29-2009sep29,0,4013914.story

Polanski_victim.jpg

lol I was expecting this...I know the details of this case and the girl was not "drugged and raped", don't talk before you know all the details you fall into the media trap like the rest of the public
yes he was wrong for sleeping with a 13 year old girl and he did have some psychological issues, but she was not that this stupid innocent little girl who got lured into this by an evil creepy man he is not this dangerous insane man the way the american media tried to paint him. remember the insults they threw on his murdered wife after she was killed? adding insult to injury because that's what americans do they're all about sensationalism
anyway I know no matter what I say you're going to have a field day with this so go ahead tear it apart...byye
Oh my GOD in which kind of world we are living ... I run away to scream and to wear sackcloth and ashes ... :doh:

I just came here to say the same!
I'm Polish and I love his films but WTF????
Now everybody's defending him!!!
He admitted, he was gulity,
Michael was innocent, had to suffer the whole trial hell,
which destryed his carrier, maybe even contributed to his physical deterioration
and death
and now these m..f s are defending Polanski
This is SICK!!!

And I also thought about this racial thing, though I'm white.
The same journals in Poland that were throwing shit on Michael
are now defending Polanski and don't see the contradiction in their behaviour!
:(

I can't help but think of how hypocritcal the media and Hollywood are, they actually feel sorry for Roman Polanski who admitted to having sex with an underage girl. Yet Michael was treated like a guilty man despite being aquitted on all 10 counts of a child abuse trial that showed the Gavin and his family were serial liars out to scam people who helped them for money.

Exactly my thoughts! I'm actually furious about that!

Ain't it bitter?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/30/movies/30polanski.html?_r=1&em

Disgusting!

Thank you and celebrities wonder why so many people go conservative and choose a Republican mindset. Being liberal doesn't mean supporting a convicted felon who plead guilty to raping and sodimizing a child.

The View's Whoopi Goldberg on Polanski: 'It Wasn't Rape-Rape' (video in link)

The View's Whoopi Goldberg yesterday offered the most outrageous and despicable defense of child rapist and Hollywood director Roman Polanski yet: "It wasn't rape-rape." That's right. Goldberg tried to claim that Polanksi drugging and having sex with a thirteen year old girl, who repeatedly uttered 'no' to the predator, does not qualify as 'actual' rape (video embedded below the fold).

Polanksi apologists have tried since he was arrested in Switzerland Sunday to excuse his actions on the grounds that he was traumatized by his horrible experiences as a Jew in Nazi-occupied Poland or that he has endured enough punishment since his conviction in 1978. But Goldberg's defense is so far the most insensitive, oafish attempt for an excuse yet.

I know it wasn't rape-rape... All I'm trying to get you to understand, is when we're talking about what someone did, and what they were charged with, we have to say what it actually was not what we think it was...

Initially he was charged with rape, and then he pled guilty to having sex with a minor, okay. And then he went to jail, and when they let him out, he said "you know what, this guy's going to give me a hundred years in jail, I'm not staying." And that's why he left...

What we were talking about was what he did, and that's what I wanted to clear up, and that's all I wanted to clear up. 'Cause I don't like it when we're passionate about something and we don't have all the facts...

We're a different kind of society. We see things differently. The world sees 13 year olds and 14 year olds in the rest of Europe... not everybody agrees with the way we see things...
Yes, Whoopi, let's talk about what actually happened, rather than "what we think it was". And who better to recount it than the victim herself. These are excepts from the grand jury testimony of Samantha Gailey. I warn you, her account is extremely graphic and disturbing, but it is important that we see just how horrible this event was if we are to understand the absurdity and utter crassness of Goldberg's comments.

Q: Did you take a quaalude?
A: I took part of it.
Q: Where did you get this part?
A: [Polanski] gave it to me.
[...]
Q: After he kissed you did he say anything?
A: No.
Q: Did you say anything?
A: No, besides I was just going, "No. Come on, let's go home."
Q: What was said after you indicated that you wanted to go home when you were sitting on the couch?
A: He said "I'll take you home soon."
Q: Then what happened?
A: Then he went down and he started performing cuddliness.
Q: What does that mean?
A: It means he went down on me or he placed his mouth on my vagina.
[...]
Q: What happened after that?
A: He started to have intercourse with me.
Q: What do you mean by intercourse?
A: He placed his penis in my vagina.
Q: What did you say, if anything, before he did that?
A: I was mostly just on and off saying, "No, stop." But I wasn't fighting really because I, you know, there was no one else there and I had no place to go.
Q: What did he say, if anything?
A: He didn't answer me when I said, "No."
[...]
A: I think he said something like right after I said I was not on the pill, right before he said, "Oh, I won't come inside of you then." And I just went--and he goes--and then he put me--wait. Then he lifted my legs up farther and he went in through my anus.
Q: When you say he went in your anus, what do you mean by that?
A: He put his penis in my butt.
Q: Did he say anything at that time?
A: No.
Q: Did you resist at that time?
A: A little bit, but not really because--(pause.)
Q: Because what?
A: Because I was afraid of him.
[...]
Q: Do you know what a climax is?
A: Yes.
Q: Do you know whether he had a climax?
Q: And how do you know that?
A: Because I could kind of feel it and it was in my underwear. It was in my underwear. It was on my butt and stuff.
Q: When you say that, you believe that he climaxed in your anus?
Is that a clear enough account of the facts, Whoopi? Does that satisfy your desire to know what "it actually was"? It was most definitely "rape-rape". It was a disgusting man drugging a young girl, and then forcing her to have sex with him even while she repeatedly said "no" and "stop". I've sat through enough college sexual assault information sessions to know that that is rape in every sense of the word.

Polanski was convicted of unlawful sex with a minor, but only because he struck a plea bargain in exchange for the dismissal of charges of rape, sodomy, molestation, and giving drugs to a minor. So if you want to know "what it actually was," it does little good to examine his conviction.

And yes, Polanski "left," as Goldberg so mildly phrased his fleeing from justice, when he realized that he could spend a long time in prison. Maybe Whoopi's right, that "not everyone agrees with the way we see things" in this country. That would certainly explain why so many are jumping to defend this convicted sexual predator and condemn those who seek his incarceration.

That others, say the French, may not agree with harsh punishment for Polanski does not change the fact that in the United States, we punish such atrocities perpetrated against children. Maybe Whoopi would be more at home in a country that does not, and that considers the drugging and forcible sexual penetration of a 13 year old girl something other than "rape-rape."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/lachla...s-whoopi-goldberg-polanski-it-wasnt-rape-rape

Thanks so much for posting this. I am appalled at Whoopi Goldberg, I always liked her...
I really think the world has gone mad.

Poor Polanski: Depressed, Facing Longer Sentence Today than in ‘77

Nothing plays on that little violin inside my heart more than hearing some child-sodomizing fugitive has got himself a case of the incarceration blues:

Director Roman Polanski is feeling depressed two weeks after his arrest in Switzerland to face U.S. extradition for a 1977 case involving the rape of a 13-year-old girl, his lawyer was quoted as saying on Sunday.

“I found him to be tired and depressed,” Herve Temime told the Sonntag newspaper, one of two newspapers he talked to after visiting the Oscar-winning director in a Zurich prison.

“Roman Polanski, who is 76, seemed very dejected when I visited him,” Temime told another newspaper, NZZ am Sonntag.

“Polanski was in an unsettled state of mind.”

“Dejected,” “unsettled,” “depressed.” About 1/1000th of what his victim went through. Michael Cieply’s New York Times piece over the weekend probably didn’t do the fugitive director’s mood much good. Cieply makes a very convincing case that had Polanski taken his medicine in 1977, he would have received a lighter sentence than what he’s likely to face today if extradited:

Manners, mores and law enforcement have become far less forgiving of sex crimes involving minors in the 31 years since Mr. Polanski was charged with both rape and sodomy involving drugs. He fled rather than face what was to have been a 48-day sentence after he pleaded guilty to unlawful sex with a minor.

But if he is extradited from Switzerland, Mr. Polanski could face a more severe punishment than he did in the 1970s, as a vigorous victims’ rights movement, a family-values revival and revelations of child abuse by clergy members have all helped change the moral and legal framework regarding sex with the young.

Mr. Polanski’s lawyers — including Reid Weingarten, a Washington power player — are likely to argue that Mr. Polanski does not even qualify for extradition from Switzerland, because he was set to be given a jail term of less than one year when he fled to France in 1978.

But Stephen L. Cooley, the Los Angeles County district attorney, has signaled that he believes much stiffer penalties may be in order. Questioned by reporters just after Mr. Polanski’s arrest, he said the filmmaker had received a “very, very, very lenient sentence” that “would never be achievable under today’s laws.”

Talk about poetic justice.

There must also be some legal penalty for fleeing the country that will add to Polanski’s jail time; something that will give Leftist Hollywood a whole new cause to make fools of themselves over. After all, artistes should be allowed to pick up and run if they’re about to go to jail … especially child rapists, right?

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/j...ssed-facing-longer-sentence-today-than-in-77/

The whole thing is disgusting. I watched a documentary last night about this with the lawyers from both sides talking, and people on it were acting like it was normal. They said back then they had to choose this straight laced mormon as the prosecution because it was hard to find a guy who hadn't had sex with a minor!? People talking about it were actually smiling and laughing about it.

Polanski gave drugs to the 13 yr old child and then had sex with her then he fled the country before he was properly sentenced!! That is definate. Here that is pedophile behaviour. There are undercover police posing as 13 year old girls on the internet and when an older man arranges to meet them with the intention of having sex the police go along and arrest them. They can go to jail and be put on the sex offenders list just for the intention! At the end of the doc it said that if he returned to the USA a judge would let him off if he agreed to have the trial filmed?!! He declined to do that. How corrupted is that offer?

It makes me SICK that people are supporting him or being sympathetic, and people are campaigning for his release!! The media aren't even making a fuss. Hmm who owns most of the media outlets - Rupert Murdoch..hmm. Michael was never convicted of anything and was found not guilty yet look at the treatment he gets!! I'm soooooo angry.

And it is ridiculous to talk about this 13 yr old as if she deserved it! Why do society turn it around on the woman?! Its like saying 'she was out late at night on her own wearing a skirt' so that makes her deserve to be raped does it?!

Why are people making excuses for a man who was 40 something and had sex with a 13 yr old after giving her drugs??!

Last edited:
I can't believe it.

Roman Polanski escapes extradition to US

Film director goes free after nine months under house arrest in Switzerland

55935fe6.jpg

Roman Polanski, the film director who has been under house arrest in Switzerland for the past nine months, has been declared a free man after officials decided not to extradite him to the United States.

The Swiss justice ministry said it had decided against handing the fugitive director to the US, where he is wanted for sentencing for having sex with a 13-year-old girl 33 years ago.

"The Swiss justice ministry will not extradite Roman Polanski to the United States," Eveline Widner-Schlumpf, a ministry official said at a press conference in Bern. "The Franco-Polish film-maker will not be extradited to the United States, and the measures of restriction on his liberty have been lifted."

She said national interests had been considered before the decision was made, adding: "Polanski is now a free man." Polanski was arrested on a US warrant last year while in Zurich to collect a lifetime achievement award for his film work. He was kept under house arrest at his Swiss chalet in the mountain resort of Gstaad.

He will now be able to move beyond his garden for the first time. An electronic tag has been removed from his ankle.

The Swiss decision is likely to cause diplomatic tensions between Switzerland and the US.

Widner-Schlumpf added: "The reason for the decision lies in the fact that it was not possible to exclude with the necessary certainty a fault in the US extraditionary request."

Polanski was arrested in September as he arrived in Zurich to receive a lifetime achievement award from a film festival. At the time, Swiss authorities seemed likely to extradite him to the US.

Widmer-Schlumpf said the decision against doing so was not meant to excuse Polanski's crime, adding that it was "not about deciding whether he is guilty or not guilty".

Polanski, the Oscar-winning director of films including Rosemary's Baby, Chinatown and The Pianist, was accused of plying his victim with champagne and the drug Quaalude during a 1977 modelling shoot before raping her. He was initially charged on six counts, including rape by use of drugs, child molesting and sodomy. He pleaded guilty to one count of unlawful sexual intercourse.

What happened after that is a subject of dispute. The defence says the now deceased judge, Laurence Rittenband, had agreed in meetings with attorneys to sentence Polanski to a 90-day diagnostic study and nothing more. The judge later changed his mind and summoned Polanski for further sentencing, at which time the director fled to his native France, his lawyers say.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jul/12/roman-polanski-goes-free

I can't believe it.

Roman Polanski escapes extradition to US

Film director goes free after nine months under house arrest in Switzerland

55935fe6.jpg

Roman Polanski, the film director who has been under house arrest in Switzerland for the past nine months, has been declared a free man after officials decided not to extradite him to the United States.

The Swiss justice ministry said it had decided against handing the fugitive director to the US, where he is wanted for sentencing for having sex with a 13-year-old girl 33 years ago.

"The Swiss justice ministry will not extradite Roman Polanski to the United States," Eveline Widner-Schlumpf, a ministry official said at a press conference in Bern. "The Franco-Polish film-maker will not be extradited to the United States, and the measures of restriction on his liberty have been lifted."

She said national interests had been considered before the decision was made, adding: "Polanski is now a free man." Polanski was arrested on a US warrant last year while in Zurich to collect a lifetime achievement award for his film work. He was kept under house arrest at his Swiss chalet in the mountain resort of Gstaad.

He will now be able to move beyond his garden for the first time. An electronic tag has been removed from his ankle.

The Swiss decision is likely to cause diplomatic tensions between Switzerland and the US.

Widner-Schlumpf added: "The reason for the decision lies in the fact that it was not possible to exclude with the necessary certainty a fault in the US extraditionary request."

Polanski was arrested in September as he arrived in Zurich to receive a lifetime achievement award from a film festival. At the time, Swiss authorities seemed likely to extradite him to the US.

Widmer-Schlumpf said the decision against doing so was not meant to excuse Polanski's crime, adding that it was "not about deciding whether he is guilty or not guilty".

Polanski, the Oscar-winning director of films including Rosemary's Baby, Chinatown and The Pianist, was accused of plying his victim with champagne and the drug Quaalude during a 1977 modelling shoot before raping her. He was initially charged on six counts, including rape by use of drugs, child molesting and sodomy. He pleaded guilty to one count of unlawful sexual intercourse.

What happened after that is a subject of dispute. The defence says the now deceased judge, Laurence Rittenband, had agreed in meetings with attorneys to sentence Polanski to a 90-day diagnostic study and nothing more. The judge later changed his mind and summoned Polanski for further sentencing, at which time the director fled to his native France, his lawyers say.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jul/12/roman-polanski-goes-free
:bugeyed

That's disgusting and sick. :puke:

I follow this case for longer. I watched esp. Polish and French news covers, since Polanski is citizenship those two countries. What sadden me the most and tick me of... It's well known, he's guilty - he said that, she said that - everyone know. But news coverages twisted it all so, that it seem - poor Polanski had to stay at his home for so long, so good he won't be expelled to the U.S.
In the meantime - Michael Jackson was acquitted of all charges in legal process and still some media ppl are reporting about him sewing doubts in his innocence.

What Polanski did is disgusting and it's not the way mankind act. I may have respect to his work, but as a man - Wise Man said once: respect's not given, it's earned

EDIT: As I read this thread now, I see I am not the only one with those thoughts regarding Michael.

so he was charged with all that! yet took a plea. the swiss ruling is a joke its not their job to comment on possible sentences he may receive in the us.the hypocrasy is pathetic

I follow this case for longer. I watched esp. Polish and French news covers, since Polanski is citizenship those two countries. What sadden me the most and tick me of... It's well known, he's guilty - he said that, she said that - everyone know. But news coverages twisted it all so, that it seem - poor Polanski had to stay at his home for so long, so good he won't be expelled to the U.S.
In the meantime - Michael Jackson was acquitted of all charges in legal process and still some media ppl are reporting about him sewing doubts in his innocence.

What Polanski did is disgusting and it's not the way mankind act. I may have respect to his work, but as a man - Wise Man said once: respect's not given, it's earned

EDIT: As I read this thread now, I see I am not the only one with those thoughts regarding Michael.

You are not the only one. I thought the exact same thing and I am disgusted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lost Child

'You are not the only one. I thought the exact same thing and I am disgusted.'

i feel the same way.

hes made other anti jewish statements in other threads. im as anti israel/pro palastine as they come but darth is pretty obvious with the posts hes made

You are right elusive moonwalker.
Thank you, I appreciate your honesty.

Last edited by a moderator:
so my question about this is, does anyone here think that the 1969 brutal murder of Roman's 8.5 month pregnant wife, have anything / something to do with all these psychologically sexual behavior???? I do think it has something to do with it- but not everything; Actress Sharon Tate, who was close to 9 months pregnant, and wife of Roman Polanski was killed brutally by Manson's followers - I think this can cause some psychological damage.....

so my question about this is, does anyone here think that the 1969 brutal murder of Roman's 8.5 month pregnant wife, have anything / something to do with all these psychologically sexual behavior???? I do think it has something to do with it- but not everything; Actress Sharon Tate, who was close to 9 months pregnant, and wife of Roman Polanski was killed brutally by Manson's followers - I think this can cause some psychological damage.....

i don't know. but that's no excuse for rape or child molestation. a lot of people lose loved ones to murder.

we all know hes got away with it casue hes white and jewish and is supported by the lobbies becasue of it. but you go way ott in this post and others.and murdoch aint jewish. last time i looked hes one of the most powerful ppl in the media
There are European converts to Judaism who are therefore obviously genetically European. But most Jews are genetically different from Europeans, a condition major Jewish organizations seek to preserve, as do other groups like unique indigenous tribes that live in rainforests.

For instance, Charles Bronfman (brother of Edgar Bronfman, Sr., president of the World Jewish Congress), a major sponsor of "Birthright Israel," an organization that seeks to prevent Jewish intermarriage to Gentiles, pointed out what he considers the downside: "[Y]ou're losing a lot -- losing the kind of feeling you have when you know [that] throughout the world there are people who somehow or other have the same kind of DNA that you have." Source: "Project Reminds Young Jews of Heritage," The Washington Post, Jan. 17, 2000, p. A19.

What I know about Murdoch is not conclusive, although he is an ardent Zionist, which is his prerogative.
"BIOGRAPHICAL details of [Rupert] Murdoch's past are sketchy and often contradictory. One reads that his grandfather was an impoverished Presbyterian minister who migrated to Australia from England, that his father was a low-paid reporter for a British newspaper in Australia, and yet, young Rupert divided his time between his family's suburban home near Melbourne and the family's sheep ranch in the country. He was educated first at the fashionable Geelong private school, and went on to the elitist and aristocratic Oxford University in England.

"Rupert's father Sir Keith Murdoch attained his prominent position in Australian society through a fortuitous marriage to the daughter of a wealthy Jewish family, née Elisabeth Joy Greene. Through his wife's connections, Keith Murdoch was subsequently promoted from reporter to chairman of the British-owned newspaper where he worked. There was enough money to buy himself a knighthood of the British realm, two newspapers in Adelaide, South Australia, and a radio station in a faraway mining town. For some reason, Murdoch has always tried to hide the fact that his pious mother brought him up as a Jew..."
Candour, June 1984 issue (vol. XXXV, no. 6)

who cares if he's Jewish, Muslim, Asian, Caucasian or whatever? a pedophile is a pedophile and he MUST be punished!! I cant believe they are letting him get away with this AND yet he admitted raping the little girl so how the hell he is free? poor Michael, he was 100% innocent and he had been through hell. I'm so angry. the whole justice system is twisted.

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't know. but that's no excuse for rape or child molestation. a lot of people lose loved ones to murder.

you just kind of blew over what I just said. Again, it may damage someone psychologically a little bit - I'm not saying thats the 1 reason why roman has done this- but had sharon tate lived and delivered their baby, roman polanski most likely wouldnt be a sex offender. All I'm saying is theres trauma to his head emotionally.

There are European converts to Judaism who are therefore obviously genetically European. But most Jews are genetically different from Europeans, a condition major Jewish organizations seek to preserve, as do other groups like unique indigenous tribes that live in rainforests.

For instance, Charles Bronfman (brother of Edgar Bronfman, Sr., president of the World Jewish Congress), a major sponsor of "Birthright Israel," an organization that seeks to prevent Jewish intermarriage to Gentiles, pointed out what he considers the downside: "[Y]ou're losing a lot -- losing the kind of feeling you have when you know [that] throughout the world there are people who somehow or other have the same kind of DNA that you have." Source: "Project Reminds Young Jews of Heritage," The Washington Post, Jan. 17, 2000, p. A19.

What I know about Murdoch is not conclusive, although he is an ardent Zionist, which is his prerogative.

Candour, June 1984 issue (vol. XXXV, no. 6)

im talking about murdoch being jewish by birth. nothing else. some seem to get him confused with maxwell in their desire to you know what

yes they are. if you do dna tests the middle eastern marker should come up providing its a clean bloodline.obviously originating in the holy land. but that to me is jsut promoting prejudice and seperation. no different to whites who want to keep the pure bloodline. like hitler and his aryans

i wouldnt think so you either have those sort of tendencies or you dont.

you just kind of blew over what I just said. Again, it may damage someone psychologically a little bit - I'm not saying thats the 1 reason why roman has done this- but had sharon tate lived and delivered their baby, roman polanski most likely wouldnt be a sex offender. All I'm saying is theres trauma to his head emotionally.

i didn't blow over anything. there is no excuse. there were other people murdered in that manson spree, whose loved ones did not commit the same crimes.

i mean, if we go by what you say, it could be asked if Polanski was always that way, and if he really loved his wife, or did he harbor those tendencies while he was married to her? questions could go on forever, in that case. it could be said that the trauma that happened to oprah should be repeated by her, in that case. but she didn't repeat it.

Last edited:
Hello,

Please if there are disagreements with other board members, please take discussions to PMs. If you would not like to speak to a fellow board member this way to clear up any problems you may have, it is ok to agree to disagree and simply not respond to one another.

Thread cleaned.

Back