Do You Know These Duets?

claudiadoina

Proud Member
I know that most of you must of know these 2 duets, but I think that it would be such a shame that even one fan wouldn't hear them so here there are

I'm In Love Again - with Minnie Riperton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytGYlky3HQQ

Just Friends - with Carol Bayer Sager

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtM-c_9vYZQ

For those who haven't heard yet these songs PLEASE listen to them!

Michael's vocals are so....splendidly luscios and .....just listen ...

I"ve never heard these! (bad fan! :nono:) Thanks for posting! :wild: He sounds incredible!

Thank you for posting. I hadn't heard "I'm in love again" for a long long time. Michaels voice is diffinately... something (No words can describe)

^^^yes it is something else, isn't it?
I've bought both albums only for these 2 songs

I always fail when I have to find new epithets to describe his voice :heart:

Last edited:
^^^yes it is something else, isn't it?
I've bought both albums only for these 2 songs

Oh yeah... I went to the end of the world and back again trying to get a hold of these songs. I first heard about them in "off the wall magazine" in 1994 (I think) It's funny thinking back of how difficult it could be to track things down back then, having casette tapes of horrible sound quality that you would listen to over and over again. I learned about "The man" from the same magazine... hehe. The only album I have of Paul McCartney: Pipes of peace... first the LP, later the cd, I always end up using the LP though, when I feel the urge to listen to those two songs on there. Funny...

yeah, these are good....save me with dave mason is another really good one ;) he also guested on eddie murphy's yeah! along with jon bon jovi and richie sambora.

Thanks for posting.

Indeed great songs. Havent heard them for a very very long time.

Thanks, hadn't listened to them in a while. Especially like MJ's vocals on Just Friends.

Oh boy, his voice is heaven! So beautiful, so peaceful, so full of love! :wub:

'Just Friends' always makes me sad, even though I love it... Michael's la-da-dah's are like lulling my soul in his cradle to comfort, but I really feel sad after the song ends, to hear how his la-da-dah's are fading out drowned by that nostalgic, if not mournful flute....

I used to have these on a cassette. I love them :)

I'm confused though about Carole Bayer Sager. I thought she had passed away, but it says on Wikipedia she's still alive?

Last edited:
I used to have these on a cassette. I love them :)

I'm confused though about Carole Bayer Sager. I thought she had passed away, but it says on Wikipedia she's still alive?

As far as I know she is still alive :yes:

O yes, I have these. I like the duets with Michael, but he needed more verses.

If he did a duet with Celine Dion.. I could die.

I've never heard Just Friends before. Thanks for posting!
Such subdued vocal from both of them.
I think they were tryin not to overshadow the melody and instrumental, which is something very rare these days.

I really like both songs which I've never heard before..thanks a lot. Both are beautiful but Michael sounds so sweet in Just friends..I wish he had more verses.

Thanks for posting. I had never heard of the second one.

Great duets Michael is incredible in every song he sings ...

Back