Do you like the "don't stop til you get enough" music video?

Do you like the "don't stop 'til you get enough" music video?

• YES! It's cool

Votes: 176 89.3%
  • No!!

Votes: 21 10.7%

• Total voters
That smile, my oh my.:D

Sure, the simplicity of it may stand out now in r/t more current videos, but at the time I just remember enjoying every minute of it, and I still do. Michael moving so smoothly, the happiness on his face, I think he looked just like the way I always want to remember him, before any of the "other" things came into his life. That video made a whole of people stand up and take serious notice that Michael was a force to be reckoned with in the musical world.

has anyone else noticed that in the part where there's 3 mj's its not camera effects! watch really closely and u'll notice each one is the tiniest bit diff from the other. mayb u already knew that but i only recently noticed. lol. awesome

also 'rock with you' and 'don't stop' are the video that r about mike and nothing else. i luv watching his facial expression cos u can see the sheer and utter joy from the music. its like he's in his own world...and there's nothing else but the music
absolutely beautiful

Well, in my day back in the 70's (hehe speaking like an old lady) this video was very cool just because it was something new called a music video. Now it seems so primitive. But Michael's charisma, dancing, beautiful smiling face and of course, the music makes this video.

Well, in my day back in the 70's (hehe speaking like an old lady) this video was very cool just because it was something new called a music video. Now it seems so primitive. But Michael's charisma, dancing, beautiful smiling face and of course, the music makes this video.

I agree. I always look at it in the context in which it was made, and I love it. I would not look at an Egyptian pyramid in 2010 and lament: they should have put in escalators, too much sand, it needs landscaping--don't want to sound trivial, but you get my point.

Wasn't this music video MTV's favorite back in the day it was released? It's always the first one I see on TV to this day whenever something MJ related comes on the screen to this day. I like the video because it's simple and Michael is super cute just dancing and having a blast.

It's better than most of the crap MTV and other music channels show now days.

The video always makes me hungry when I watch it, LOL. I think it's because of the random backgrounds. It's fun for its time, so.. meh ;)

:wub::wub::wub::wub:eek:h my goodness!!!!!!
I looooove this vid!
he looks so happy and jovial. and he's rocking out to the music. And his smile is to die for!!!!

This pretty much sums up my feelings on it! The dancing, combined with that smile and song.... ohhhhh myyyyy :cupid::punk:

I love this video! As a child I thought it was quite boring, but no I really appreciate Michael just dancing and enjoying to the song. He looks so fine too. I don't really think the effects are all that cool, but Michael sure is and he is always the main ingredient of his videos :heart:

I think it fits the mood of the song perfectly! And I'm always amazed at the backgrounds....I never knew he was in a giant pinball machine until somebody pointed out the silver balls flying past him in the background, haha!

It's so cheesy it's good! LMAO. He looks so fine anyways I really don't pay attention to the background anyways.

Its a bit meh, but back then it would have been awesome. Its funny though .. it plays at my gym all the time and every time it comes on people stop their sets and watch him .. I always wonder what theyre thinking

you know. I like it. but i voted no becuase it doesnt exactly appeal to me, nor does rock with you. But maybe im comparing it to You rock my world, or Black or white too much :/

It has the perfect feel for the song, Michael is joyous and its just so cheesy and good, haha!

I don't see it as anything comparable to Ghosts or Thriller or any of the videos that were released in and after the Thriller era, but I think for its time, it was amazing :D

Absolutely love it!

Nobody was making visuals like this in 1979. The innovation began a year earlier with the rainbow shadows in 'Blame It On The Boogie'. Giving Michael his first 'power'.

It doesn't even look like he's in front of a blue screen in 'Don't Stop..', especially during the first chorus. It's a land of marble, ice, mist, and shooting stars! Perfectly capturing the mental imagery of the song. In fact, it's the only way I can listen to it. As a child I used to hold my head under water whilst swimming, and imagine I was in the video, ha!

Another important feature for me of course is Michael's dancing :) It's just the way I like him; solo and without choreography. Just in the moment as the moves channel through him. 'Billie Jean' is my favourite for this reason mainly. I love that little shuffle he does and 'swivel knee' as I call it. The three Michaels dancing together is magic!

One of my disappointments about the Spike Lee documentary is that he didn't track down the director Nick Saxton. I would love to see some outtakes too.

This was the first time that we really saw the white socks/black loafers combo in a video (they weren't short films just yet). This one built the foundation and should definitely be acknowledged!

Oh hell yes, cutting edge for its time and a great song, plus Michael looks like he is having fun boogieing the night away.

I love it :heart: Especially Michael in his sequin suit and you can't help but dance with him when you watch or even hear the song!
Indeed, it was a video ahead of its time but it's Michael we are talking about hey :D

Absolutely love it!

Nobody was making visuals like this in 1979. The innovation began a year earlier with the rainbow shadows in 'Blame It On The Boogie'. Giving Michael his first 'power'.

It doesn't even look like he's in front of a blue screen in 'Don't Stop..', especially during the first chorus. It's a land of marble, ice, mist, and shooting stars! Perfectly capturing the mental imagery of the song. In fact, it's the only way I can listen to it. As a child I used to hold my head under water whilst swimming, and imagine I was in the video, ha!

Another important feature for me of course is Michael's dancing :) It's just the way I like him; solo and without choreography. Just in the moment as the moves channel through him. 'Billie Jean' is my favourite for this reason mainly. I love that little shuffle he does and 'swivel knee' as I call it. The three Michaels dancing together is magic!

One of my disappointments about the Spike Lee documentary is that he didn't track down the director Nick Saxton. I would love to see some outtakes too.

This was the first time that we really saw the white socks/black loafers combo in a video (they weren't short films just yet). This one built the foundation and should definitely be acknowledged!
Oh, I really love it. I wish they had tracked down the director as well-I always wondered if the three Michaels were a homage to Gene Kelly's Alter Ego/Mirror Dance in Cover Girl where he dances with himself.

Michael is just darn adorable and gorgeous in it.

Back