Do you think Michael was an organ donor?

Oh... this is something I have never ever wonder about MJ.
Woww... I might be 1000% wrong, but if he had lupus, could he be a donor? I am really quite ignorant about donation, sorry :(

what is lupus? is this what michael's skin disoder was called?
(while michael's skin start to change colour from nice brown colour to nice pale pink colour)
as far i know michael heathly for his age group
if only i knew what blood type michael is?

romour 1. someone already use michael DNA to make perfume
where did they steal michael's real hair and use to make perfume
fact 1. they would cut up michael to find out what he did from
if had a heathly kidney or liver they could have removed and not tell his family about it
romour 2. i know there was a romour that they remove hafe of michael's brain
and michael was buried with only hafe his brain

ok i can't went of topic about new romours that i know of

Yes, it is probably a good thing to be an organ donor only if you are not Michael Jackson and everybody wants a piece of you to sell or to buy. He donated enough to this world. Didn’t he share his love with us? How much else one person had to give?
Didn’t he donate millions of dollars for charities? Why ppl always want more and more, even his body?
I do not want even to think about possibility of tearing his body apart for organs. It is such a bad idea for a person like Michael Jackson. This would create many ethic problems.

I believe there are still a lot of crazy ppl in this world who would want to own his body or a little piece of it. This is why his grave will be always monitored by security guards.
Thanks God for that.

Yes, things like what you mention have happened...

With no disrespect intended: Mr.Jackson IS NOT a stupid man. If organ donation was in fact his wish, I am sure he made the proper LEGAL PROVISIONS to PROTECT HIS PRIVACY..!

I know for a fact with regards to my Aunt Marcy...all of her organ donations were/are kept in complete confidentiality unless the donor/family wishes to reveal the donors identity. My cousin Heather (Aunt Marcy's daughter) for obvious reason's, opted to keep the families identity private.

Organ Donation Law

Law Encyclopedia: Organ Donation Law
Sponsored Links

www.clevelandsvp.org

Organ
Transplant
Understanding Your Organ Transplant Free Info For Transplant Patients
www.TransplantExperience.com

Home > Library > Law & Legal Issues > Law Encyclopedia
This entry contains information applicable to United States law only.

Dramatic developments in organ and tissue transplantation have allowed persons with life-threatening illnesses a chance to live. The successful transplantation of kidneys, livers, hearts, lungs, eyes, and skin has been enhanced by better surgical techniques and new drugs, such as cyclosporin, that prevent the body from rejecting a transplanted organ.

Success, however, has led to an undersupply of organs for the estimated thirty thousand patients each year who need a transplant. Laws have been enacted at the state and local level that attempt to provide a better system of organ donation and distribution and to encourage individuals to volunteer to be organ donors.

The Uniform Anatomical Gift Act that was drafted in 1968 was the first effort at providing a national organ and tissue donation policy. The act created a uniform legal procedure for persons who wish to donate organs and for hospitals and medical institutions that want to accept them. Under this model act, which has been adopted in some form by all fifty states, a person of sound mind, who is at least eighteen years of age, may donate all or part of his or her own body. There are several ways for a donor to record the wish to make a donation. The donor may include the donation in a will. If part of a will, the provision becomes effective immediately upon death, unlike other provisions of the will, which need to go through probate before they become effective. In practical terms, however, a will may be ineffective. Time is of the essence in organ donation, and if the will is not read for several days, it may be too late to make an effective donation.

The uniform act provides for a more common form of recording a person's intention to make an organ donation: a donor card that may be carried in a wallet. States also allow this donor information to be imprinted on a driver's license. When a person applies for a driver's license, she or he has the option of including a desire to donate organs. Despite the simplicity of this option, it has not generated the quantity of donors that proponents of the procedure expected.

A written donation must be signed by the donor and witnessed by at least two other people. A donation can be made orally, but it too must be witnessed by at least two other people. A dying patient can communicate his or her wish to donate organs to an attending physician, who can act as one of the witnesses. However, the attending physician cannot be the doctor who removes or transplants the organ.

A person can revoke in writing or orally her or his intent to make an organ or tissue donation. If a dying person is unable to communicate and has not expressed an intent to donate, a family member or guardian can make a gift of all or part of the person's body, within certain limitations. In general, even if a person has expressed the intent to donate, physicians still ask permission of a family member or guardian.

The uniform act forbids the sale of body parts. The recipient cannot pay for the donated organ but must pay for the cost of transportation and transplant. Organs and tissue can only be received by hospitals, surgeons, physicians, educational institutions involved in medical or dental research, a storage facility for these institutions, or any specified individual who needs the organ personally for therapy or transplantation.

A 1986 federal law (42 U.S.C.A. § 1320b-8) requires all hospitals participating in Medicare or Medicaid to implement a "required request" policy. Hospitals are required to discuss with potential donors and their families "the option of organ and tissue donation and their option to decline."

The 1984 National Organ Transplant Act (42 U.S.C.A. § 273 et seq.) initiated a national health care policy regarding organ transplantation. The act provided funds to help establish "qualified organ procurement organizations," banned the interstate sale of organs, and created a task force to study organ transplantation policy issues. The task force's 1986 report was an exhaustive examination of the medical, legal, social, and economic implications of organ procurement and transplantation. The 1986 required request law came from one of the task force's recommendations.

Despite these legal and medical mechanisms that seek to encourage organ donation, demand has continued to exceed supply. In 1996 it was estimated that eight people died every day waiting for a transplant that never came because of the donor shortage. In response, Congress enacted the Organ Donor Insert Card Act in 1996 (Pub. L. No. 104-91, 110 Stat. 1936). The act directed the secretary of the treasury to enclose with each tax refund check in 1997 an organ donor card. It was estimated that this would reach seventy million U.S. families and would result in increased donations.

The donation of an entire body to a medical school's anatomy department for educational use has had a long history. The Uniform Anatomical Gift Act applies to these donations as well.

See: Abortion; Death and Dying; Fetal Rights; Fetal Tissue Research; Health Care Law; Patients' Rights; Physicians and Surgeons.

:angel:Heal The World...Knowledge IS Growth...Education IS The Key~~~

Last edited:
what is lupus? is this what michael's skin disoder was called?
(while michael's skin start to change colour from nice brown colour to nice pale pink colour)
as far i know michael heathly for his age group
if only i knew what blood type michael is?

romour 1. someone already use michael DNA to make perfume
where did they steal michael's real hair and use to make perfume
fact 1. they would cut up michael to find out what he did from
if had a heathly kidney or liver they could have removed and not tell his family about it
romour 2. i know there was a romour that they remove hafe of michael's brain
and michael was buried with only hafe his brain

ok i can't went of topic about new romours that i know of

No his skin condition is called Vitiligo, which is how he lost the pigmentation in his skin, but I think he has the lupus that effects his skin as well. (not the kind the effects the organs) I'm not positive on that though.

Yes, things like what you mention have happened...

With no disrespect intended: Mr.Jackson IS NOT a stupid man. If organ donation was in fact his wish, I am sure he made the proper LEGAL PROVISIONS to PROTECT HIS PRIVACY..!

~~~

Michael didn't trust American Law System because he went through hell dealing with this. When it comes to Michael for some reason this system doesn’t work for him, but it works well against him especially in a part of "protecting his privacy". As a result why he would deal with it? Michael had so many reasons not to donate his organs and not to deal with this subject at all.
Why would he put his trust on it?
If the law works for your relative it doesn't mean that it works the same for Michael.

Last edited:
In the United States - you can declare yourslef an organ donor on your driver's license.

We all know that MJ did drive - while infrequently - but he did have a California driver's license at one point or another.

So who know at this point.

I know that I'm listed as an organ donor on my driver's license here in Florida (and good luck to those who get them, they'll already get the wine buzz once the doctor attaches it to them!)

In the United States - you can declare yourslef an organ donor on your driver's license.

We all know that MJ did drive - while infrequently - but he did have a California driver's license at one point or another.

So who know at this point.

I know that I'm listed as an organ donor on my driver's license here in Florida (and good luck to those who get them, they'll already get the wine buzz once the doctor attaches it to them!)

It the States you donate your organs for free right? Because it is a donation. But when it comes to a patient who needs it is it still free or notfor this person? Or somebody makes money from it in the end?
In Canada we have a different medical system.I do not know how it works in US.

Last edited:
I think also because of the autopsy and all the mucking around for a long time with the body it probably wasn't possible.

There are laws present to protect organ donors but I could understand if Michael didn't feel safe with that.

God I'd hate to see tabloid stories coming out about people with ... Ugh.

Some of you guys are so wrong it is not even funny. Back to Michael even if he was an organ donor it would not matter because he went too long without oxygen for his organs to be donated. Sad really because a person in need of a kidney or liver would love to have the healthy organs Michael had. And, a strong heart with no sings of plaque build up would have done someone a world of good. More reason to be angry at Murray.

Some of you guys are so wrong it is not even funny. Back to Michael even if he was an organ donor it would not matter because he went too long without oxygen for his organs to be donated. Sad really because a person in need of a kidney or liver would love to have the healthy organs Michael had. And, a strong heart with no sings of plaque build up would have done someone a world of good. More reason to be angry at Murray.

Yeah, and in the end tabloids would go after this “lucky” person with MJ organs inside asking how does it feel to be a part of Michael Jackson. No way I would want to read stories like that. It is just so wrong. Tabloids in the States have no limits and they do not care about the law. After his death they came out with some weird stories about MJ being a sperm donor. Did they care of Michael’s privacy?

Well sometimes it is not about what you want. Not that it matters now anyway

It the States you donate your organs for free right? Because it is a donation. But when it comes to a patient who needs it is it still free or notfor this person? Or somebody makes money from it in the end?
In Canada we have a different medical system.I do not know how it works in US.

It's completely donated - organ selling is illegal here.

If I sell my kidney to a needy patient - it's instant jailtime.

It's completely donated - organ selling is illegal here.

If I sell my kidney to a needy patient - it's instant jailtime.

No my question was if you donated your liver let say to a hospital. This hospital will charge this patient's insurance for this liver or just for operation?

No my question was if you donated your liver let say to a hospital. This hospital will charge this patient's insurance for this liver or just for operation?

Well - that's tricky. The hospital will charge the patient for the transplant - but not for the liver, technically.

The organization that coordinates the organ removal, storage and transportation will get a fee for doing all of that.

But they charge exorbitant fees for such a thing, an organ transplant operation is US $50,000 to $100,000 or more.

If you are lucky to have medical insurance and have them pay for it (which in many cases, they DENY the transplant and the patient dies), then it's all covered.

Well - that's tricky. The hospital will charge the patient for the transplant - but not for the liver, technically.

The organization that coordinates the organ removal, storage and transportation will get a fee for doing all of that.

But they charge exorbitant fees for such a thing, an organ transplant operation is US $50,000 to $100,000 or more.

If you are lucky to have medical insurance and have them pay for it (which in many cases, they DENY the transplant and the patient dies), then it's all covered.

Thank you.It looks like the operation from 50 000 to 100 000 and up is too expansive. Probably when ppl donate their organs basically for free, money still accumulate to somebody's pocked. It is just not a direct transaction and you cannot see it because 100 000 may include not just visible expenses like proper storage, operation itself etc. I really do not like it. Ppl with no insurance never will get those “free” organs anyways.

I Agree if he was an organ donor they would not of been able to use his organs.

Susannah xx

Because Michael was such a giving person, do you think it was his wish to be an organ donor? I would love his heart if I needed a transplant...:wub:
You stole my question :D I asked this in some other thread weeks ago. NE ways

I think the idea of donating organs may have been something Michael supported, since he was all about giving. He may even been listed as an organ donor. But then again for JW's even giving blood is something they don't do, but was Michael so strickt about that? Who knows.

After what happened to him was he even a suitable candidate for organ doning? Possibly not if he had been dead for hours before arriving to the hospital. I don't know I may ask some people I know who have medical knowledge.

Depends of his religious believes. He was a giving person, yes it is very true but if he was a organ donor we would know about it since he passed. Tabloids wouldn’t avoid this fact because organ donors have special documents, cards etc. I do not think he was. We would hear about by it now.
Also, his body was something really private and he was very sensitive at this point. I do not think he would like to do something like that. It is only privacy he had.
I'm gonna have to go with this post. I don't think he was a donor either.
In my opinion it's a good thing. Throughout his life he gave enough.

That's never really been answered. However, I believe Michael was interred with all organs fully intact.

Thank you.It looks like the operation from 50 000 to 100 000 and up is too expansive. Probably when ppl donate their organs basically for free, money still accumulate to somebody's pocked. It is just not a direct transaction and you cannot see it because 100 000 may include not just visible expenses like proper storage, operation itself etc. I really do not like it. Ppl with no insurance never will get those “free” organs anyways.

Sorry - I was wrong, it costs MORE:

From: http://www.organdonor.gov/transplantation/financial_resources.htm
Financial Planning

Transplantation involves costs before, during, and after the actual transplant surgery. Costs include laboratory tests; transplant surgeons and other operating room personnel; organ procurement; inhospital stay; transportation to and from the transplant hospital for surgery and for checkups; rehabilitation, including physical or occupational therapy; and medications, including immunosuppressive or antirejection drugs, which may cost up to $2,500 per month. The average cost of transplantation in 2005 ranged from $210,000 for a single kidney to over $800,000 for multiorgan transplants such as liver-pancreas-intestine.

Planning for transplant surgery requires financial planning. Health insurance may cover some or most of these costs, but insurance policies vary widely. You should call your insurance company or your employer’s benefits office to get detailed information about how your insurance company handles the costs related to your specific situation. For a list of essential questions to ask your insurance company visit transplantliving.org [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT].

In general, you are responsible for any costs not covered by insurance. You need to think about what resources you will use to pay the costs not covered by insurance. These resources may include savings, sale of property, or other sources. Fortunately, you do not need to face these decisions alone. Members of the transplant team, such as the transplant center’s social worker and financial coordinator (discussed below), can help you develop a financial plan and may be able to put you in touch with organizations that give financial assistance to transplant recipients.

I agree - because Michael's death was so sudden, Mother Katherine made all the final decisions about MJ's burial/memorial services (and since she's a Jehovah Witness), the whole deal came right out of the Jehovah Witnesses' rules. So I can safely conclude that MJ was not a donor.

I think the idea of donating organs may have been something Michael supported, since he was all about giving. He may even been listed as an organ donor. But then again for JW's even giving blood is something they don't do, but was Michael so strickt about that? Who knows.

After what happened to him was he even a suitable candidate for organ doning? Possibly not if he had been dead for hours before arriving to the hospital. I don't know I may ask some people I know who have medical knowledge.

Poor people will never get those organs anyways. They will never will be able to afford good insurance and see a doctor for simple things. I would not be the one who will want to give my "free" organs for rich ppl. Ppl give free organs but in the end it looks like a huge buseness in US. If I was in US I would never do it. 250 000 - 800 000 it is hell of lot of money for free organs plus operation. What kind of freaking costs they put there? It just doesn't make any sense to me. I realized long time ago that doctors are like mafia in US.They keep up price high for any treatment even if it simple one.
In Canada we have many problems with our medical system but it is not that bad.

Last edited:
i dont think so. with the best intentions he wouldnt be able to do that.
it would have leaked and they would have organised a hunt on his life then.
and they would sell his organs for millions to the needy rich. so they're able to say "hey i've got ...." i read somewhere that he had to burn his hair cuts when he would cut it, so they dont sell it for souvenirs

no way

I used to think I wanted to leave her with everything I came with so I was greatly against organ and tissue donation upon death. Then I came down with end stage renal disease (kidney failure) and now I and next on the list for a kidney transplant. I thought about this same subject when Michael died. I didn't think he qualified due to the propofol poisening. I would have loved it though if they had collected all his viable sperm though. I can't imagine how much that would have sold for but I wouldn't like the thought of all those random "mothers" out there waiting to lay claims to his estate just because they spent a million dollars for a few drops of his frozen sperm and had a baby that Michael wouln't possibly know anything about nor have a chance to help raise. I know, kinda sick thinking but it was all a quick thought. :mello:

I would have loved it though if they had collected all his viable sperm though. I can't imagine how much that would have sold for but I wouldn't like the thought of all those random "mothers" out there waiting to lay claims to his estate just because they spent a million dollars for a few drops of his frozen sperm and had a baby that Michael wouln't possibly know anything about nor have a chance to help raise. I know, kinda sick thinking but it was all a quick thought. :mello:

uh, HUH? :scratch:LOL

Could you please explain what you mean by 'viable sperm'? I have no idea what it means and I don't quite understand what you're saying in your post. I know, I know, I need to work on my English skills! :lol:

oooh, i didn't know that you started a thread about this already...sorry 'bout that...:)

good post though, you raise some good issues

Back