ever wanted to talk to a long term experienced fan,nows your chance

Dear Moonstreet and friends in this threath....

I have read your first attempt to tell your stories, Moonstreet. I am also at that forum and I'm sorry you couldn't go on, but it is great you are sharing your stories now here, there, anywhere. I think "sharing" is the key.

I admit I didn't want to read the threath at first. I hate knowing I was never able to really meet him, to tell him face to face how grateful I am to all he has given us (and continues to give us even now).

It is certainly beutiful to read all your stories (Moon's and yours too, friends), but this is really painful. I do mean it. You see, I live so far away from Cali, Europe, etc., that I feel he was out of my world. And in a way... he was.

I don't know... maybe it is a too emotional topic for me. Maybe I am having a bad day... a bad week... and any single thing I see and read really breaks my heart easily.

But despite my personal and selfish pain, I can see this is something that must be done. These stories must be shared and must be tracked. We need to do this, since memory fails way too soon. In years to come I hope this kind of projects will warm my heart.

... after all... this is just the type of natural things we do when we loose someone we love, getting together and sharing memories of him/her. I trully hope in time I will be able to take part with a smile on my face and without all this terrible pain.

Moonstreet... all of you MJ fans and friends... I thank you.

Love MJ... love him more....

Thank you so much for starting this great thread, Moonstreet! I've enjoyed reading all the stories. Summer's stories of queueing are like my own but I never did that at Michael's shows but at U2's.

When HIStory tour stopped in Helsinki for two nights, I slightly entertained the thought of going to see it. I soon decided against it as I'd already arranged to go see four U2 gigs. Also to my disadvantage, both Michael and U2 visited Finland during the same month (and all the four gigs were virtually back to back). There really was no way I could have afforded to go see Michael too, unfortunately. In hindsight I so wish I had traded at least one U2 gig for Michael's but I didn't so... :(

I loved reading what the Rose of Love project was like. I was going to ask about it but you already answered, so thank you! Sounds so sweet and amazing.

I've loved watching concert clips and the reactions of the audience. It is such a lovely interaction. The love and dedication is so obvious. :) Has anyone of you spotted yourself in concert DVDs or YouTube clips?

I get really mixed feelings when I read stories like this, I am really happy for the person that experienced those things but then feel sad that I never did.
I will put that down to not trying hard enough though and live with the what if I only thoughts... But I have kids I couldn't possibly just jump on flights to here there and everywhere. But I have had the experience of 7 concerts, WMA's The conference and plenty of times seeing Michael at hotels, but I never met him. :(
But I cant and I won't complain at that because I am blessed to have had the experiences I have had. Memories. :wub:

Lorraine - I know EXACTLY how you feel. It's a weird feeling - very mixed - you are right. Like you, I had kids and actually missed the History tour because the youngest was undergoing major surgery - sometimes life takes over. Living in the UK it's just not easy to take off like that. And like you, I have the memory of concerts and hotels and I feel blessed to have had those experiences - as I know some on here never had the pleasure of seeing him at all. :wub:

Thank you so much for starting this great thread, Moonstreet! I've enjoyed reading all the stories. Summer's stories of queueing are like my own but I never did that at Michael's shows but at U2's.

When HIStory tour stopped in Helsinki for two nights, I slightly entertained the thought of going to see it. I soon decided against it as I'd already arranged to go see four U2 gigs. Also to my disadvantage, both Michael and U2 visited Finland during the same month (and all the four gigs were virtually back to back). There really was no way I could have afforded to go see Michael too, unfortunately. In hindsight I so wish I had traded at least one U2 gig for Michael's but I didn't so... :(

I loved reading what the Rose of Love project was like. I was going to ask about it but you already answered, so thank you! Sounds so sweet and amazing.

I've loved watching concert clips and the reactions of the audience. It is such a lovely interaction. The love and dedication is so obvious. :) Has anyone of you spotted yourself in concert DVDs or YouTube clips?

I spotted myself in the Will You Be There video. But it's a split second. But still a nice memory. :yes: And they showed my banner at the end of MJ's Wetten, dass Dangerous performance in Germany in 1995...and...they had my banner on the news as their background behind the news anchor on one TV channel during MJ&Friends and they also showed my banner during the MJ & Friends show on TV. And thank God it was always just the banner and not my face. :lol: I hate being filmed, so I always hid behind my banner as soon as I saw a camera anywhere. :lol:

I had funny incidents with MJ's camera men because of that. :lol: One time at his hotel his camera guy was gonna take a picture and I put my banner in front of my face as soon as I saw his camera pointing towards my direction. Then when I lowered my banner again he gestured with his hand for me to keep the banner down so that I'll be in the picture as well and I just kind of laughed and shook my head like "Nah-uh!! Nope!!" -_- :lol: And at the after show party after the Wetten, Dass performance in 1995 (it was a small party at MJ's hotel for MJ's crew and for Sony people and for some others who had an invitation..lucky me included. :lol:), MJ's camera guy was taking pictures of everyone, and like I said..when I see a camera, I hide. So every time he was around with his camera, I'd turn away or hide behind someone (like, when ever I spotted him I'd just kind of pretend I was gonna turn my head and look away anyways...:innocent: :lol: Trust me, I've mastered hiding from cameras by now! :lol: You should see family videos or videos from friends. You won't be able to see me, or at least not my face anywhere! :lol:). Anyways, so it went on like that and then after some time, like out of the blue the camera guy was right in front of me with his camera pointing it straight to my face. So I quickly turned my head to the other direction and then just stood there looking the other way for what seemed like forever to me...just to make sure. :lol: So after a long while I was like "Okay...he MUST be away by now" so I turned to look and right that second all I saw was a flash light right in front of my face. :lol: So apparently he had stood there all that time, holding his camera in position, waiting for me to turn, to get my picture. :doh: :lol: I can remember I was thinking "MAN, he doesn't give up, does he??!!" :mello: :lol: I don't know if it was like hsi job to get a picture of every single person at that party, but I just thought that was so funny that he'd go through so much trouble just to get a pic of me...me, who was a total NOBODY in that party. :lol: And I was SO SHY anyways. :lol: I had a bruise on my elbow the next day because I kept squeezing my left elbow with my right hand the whole night because I was SO nervous. :lol: And all of MJ's crew was there, but I was too terrified to talk to anyone. I talked to Benny Collins VERY shortly, because he started talking to me. There was this huge screen on one wall and they kept showing MJ's performance over and over again during that night and in front of the screen they had these couches and stuff and MJ's dancers were mostly there. So I didn't dare to go there and just stayed at the back..actually I was scared to move from my spot really. :lol: (I can be TERRIBLY shy at times, it's crazy! :( ) Anyways, so they were showing the performance again, and Benny Collins was standing right next to me so he was like "Michael was awesome, wasn't he?" and I was like "Yeah. He was really great!" and then he was like "Come on, go closer to the screen so you can see better!" and he probably noticed I'm pretty much terrified and really shy so he was again like "Go ahead! It's okay!". He was really nice. So then I went closer and I can remember I was embarrassed to keep looking at the screen because I probably looked totally like "Aaaw MICHAEL!!" :wub::wub::wub: every time I looked at the screen and MJ on it! :lol: :lol: So I can remember I tried not to STARE :wild: at MJ on the screen like I would at home! :lol: And once I was closer to where the dancers were, it was fun to look at their reactions to them watching themselves perform. They were doing the choreography while sitting and laughing at themselves or teasing each other and they seemed to have a really great time. Anyways, it's too bad MJ wasn't there, but on the other hand, I was already terrified as it was and didn't even dare to go talk to anyone in his staff, so I doubt I would have tried to get close to him either. But I guess it still would have been fun to even be in the same room with him. I was supposed to meet him in Prague in 1996 before the concert, but since the VIP area was SO far away from backstage and you pretty much would have needed to DRIVE around the stadium to get there and back, they told me that it won't happen. :boohoo: JUST MY LUCK!! :boohoo: That would have been my only chance to get to meet MJ, but it never happened. :cry: Guess it wasn't meant to be? :(

Last edited:
So nice to read your thread, Moonstreet! You and the other fans were very lucky to have had the privilege of visiting Michael at Neverland and representing those who could not be there. Great story of how it was an unexpected surprise being invited in. Beautiful of Michael to arrange that.

And what you fans did for Michael with the Roses project was amazing. I'm sure it lifted his spirits. I wish I had been a super fan then but I was in my own world.

Darn, I even considered going to that Invincible Times Square CD signing but thinking of those long lines and being too lazy kept me away (cranky New Yorker here). I waited on a line 7 hours to get President Bill Clinton's book autographed. I should have sucked it up for MJ! I'm soooooo stupid! LOL But I'm happy you and other fans had the experience. You didn't take anything for granted like I did. I thought Michael would be around for a long time to come. Now because of greed and evil he was taken away much too soon.

Thank you for sharing all your stories, dedicated fans/friends of MJ. I love reading them.

Hey, is there a transcript of that online chat you guys had with Michael per chance?

I LOVE this thread!!
I always enjoy hearing fans stories of meeting or just being able to see him in person. Being a newer fan I can't say I ever got to meet him or see him.:cry: It's bittersweet like many of you have said. It's nice to hear these stories, but hard at the same time since I never got to see him or meet him. In my dreams I do hehe:wub: but other than that, that's all I have besides reading all of your wonderful stories.

Thanks for this thread. I'm only a die-hard fan since now, was a casual fan before, which is something I sometimes have regrets about. I wish I had a time machine sometimes. I never got to see him or meet him, but I do really enjoy reading these stories, so thanks for sharing. :)

Bad. :wub:
Dangerous
History x 4

Oops 6 concerts all Wembley except 1 History concert which was in Paris.
Also had Ostend booked the one that was cancelled and couldnt get back for the re scheduled date.

Was front row for one History concert, yeah it was amazing but wasnt right in the center so had to stretch my neck looking down. :lol:

HUGS ty :hug:

One thing that really bothers me, Obviously I didnt think it would be when it was and thought there was many many years left with Michael. :cry:
But I always said I would attend his funeral/memorial and I didn't it just wasn't possible. With having kids.. but I will regret it always. I feel like I have let him down for that. Sorry Michael.. :no:

Me too.. :cry: I just feel like there was so much I could have give back to him. This year was going to be perfect. We were going to give him a great gift for his birthday. I started generating ideas June 24th.
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65251
Unfortunatley the project ended up taking a different route but we still went along with the birthday project. I hope he still got to see the video.. :cry:

and Shannon was working on a project she was going to give to Michael at the 02 also.

I just feel so bad and still in shock.

Last edited:
Summer, thanks so very much for sharing your great memories! I only now returned to this thread. I can relate to being shy and I also detest the camera (the flash light in particular). I never look good in pictures.

MJStarlight... :huggy:

Bad. :wub:
Dangerous
History x 4

Oops 6 concerts all Wembley except 1 History concert which was in Paris.
Also had Ostend booked the one that was cancelled and couldnt get back for the re scheduled date.

Was front row for one History concert, yeah it was amazing but wasnt right in the center so had to stretch my neck looking down. :lol:

HUGS ty :hug:

One thing that really bothers me, Obviously I didnt think it would be when it was and thought there was many many years left with Michael. :cry:
But I always said I would attend his funeral/memorial and I didn't it just wasn't possible. With having kids.. but I will regret it always. I feel like I have let him down for that. Sorry Michael.. :no:

Original poster and his/her feelings of jealousy is exactly why I don't usually share. I don't like answering everything put to me since much of it is private.

I went to the last show of the Victory Tour in LA, three Bad concerts, one at Irvine Meadows, 2 at the LA Sports Arena, the second of which was posponed at the last second (we were all waiting for it to begin) but we did end up having the opportunity to be the audience for the very last show of the Bad Tour.

I was an audience member in the Dirty Diana video, which was a two day shoot in Long Beach. Then I was in the audience for the shooting of Come Together where Michael saw me crying (no one else cared, since they were extras, not fans) and he had me come backstage to talk to him. We spent time together that day and a few times after that, but we weren't best friends by any means.

Funny enough, I ran into him at a car body shop a year later. He was having the Dangerous cover art put onto the rear window of his Ferarri. He remembered me well and it was the first time he signed his autograph for me. Probably because he had his print sheets with him. It was really nice and I saw that he too is just a fellow human being. I think he respected me for not harrassing him and calling him all the time, begging to be friends. I let him into my life and he let me in as well. That bond will never be forgotten and will die with me.

I will always be a fan, not because of these opportunities, but because of his IMMENSE talent. For that, we all have the ability to access and share. Trust me, this is his gift. This is what he wanted for us. Enjoy it. It will last forever and ever. Let it fill your soul!

Rest in Peace Sweetest Angel Michael. Know you are loved beyond all possibilities known in the human world. Power on and help the world find peace. We still need you and now you can be there for us all! L.O.V.E.!

Reactions: Bee
I always thought it was invited fans in the Dirty Diana video and Come Together video but I was wrong then?

I was a part of 4 concerts in Europe...

We saw him in Amsterdam twice (1996 on the field, 1997 first row), in Ostende (1997, Tribute to Diana concert, the one that was first cancelled because of her death, had a 2nd row place) and in Munich (MJ and frieds, 1999, made it to the back of the pit section due to someone handing us pit-bracelets).

I didnt really follow him around but i did attend his hotel in Amsterdam and Munich as well...those were great times.
Standing up for hours, no food, out of money, cold sleeping outside...lol; but we had FUN.
I never met him face to face but got to see him up close and felt the love...there's something about him and his aura that's just really really special.

I was also a part of that online chat and the Roses of love project, that was amazing.
During the trial we held vigils in Amsterdam to support him from far away.

I had my first child in 2002 which made it impossible for me to travel to the US to support him there (that and my ever empty-wallet).
I regret not traveling these last years to see him but am comforted in the fact that Michael wouldnt want me to leave my children all the time just to run after him, you know...
Sometimes its just not a good idea.

I wasn’t blessed to see him live. I even have never been on his concert. I just saw him on TV. In the end it feels like I am the last person in this world.:( But I am happy for those fans who had a chance to see him.

Edit: Could enybody tell me why this date of April the 4th was chosen as day for this fan project? It was so lovely to see. Was it the last day of the trial?

Last edited:
Iv never met Michael and have been a fan since i was like 5 or 6. I used to dance in my bedroom to my mums bad album, shes never had it back. Lmao. Iv also got her vyinels and bad tour ticket and programe, she alwas tells what it was like to see michael live. Alls that I can do is imagin how fantastic it was.

Iv read some lovely stories on here, I actually started to well up.
Am so emotional. Lol.

Could enybody tell me why this date of April the 4th was chosen as day for this fan project? It was so lovely to see. Was it the last day of the trial?

That weekend there were many fan events planned. I dont know why THAT particular weekend was picked, you would have to ask one of the organisers about that. There was a fan rally outside the court on the friday, called MANY NATIONS ONE VOICE. This was where fans from as many nations as possible, lined the street outside the court holding thier country flag. Then there was a candlelight vigil outside Neverland that night and each night over the weekend. On the saturday there was a fan event at one of the hotels, and Michael phoned the event.

On the Monday there was another candleight vigil outiside the court and then in the afternoon, after court the Roses of Love project at Neverland

I always thought it was invited fans in the Dirty Diana video and Come Together video but I was wrong then?

No, fans weren't invited, per se. However, there were tons of fans in attendance. They would announce a need for extras on the radio in LA (KISS FM if anyone remembers that long ago) and if you called the casting agency in time, you were invited. It was a lot more work than many of you would believe. Lots of waiting, standing, and time doing nothing. Still I wouldn't trade the memories for anything. :yes:

I never got to meet him, but I treasure the concerts I saw!
The ones I love most are the Leeds 30th birthday concert....we made him acknowledge his birthday!!! We constantly sang "Happy Birthday" to him....it was one of the best days of my life...
I was also at the 16th July 88 Wembley show when he met Princess Di....my 1st EVER MJ show!
I saw another 4 Dangerous shows and my last one was the HIStory show in Sheffield, UK....I remember waving to him to pose for pics when he came to my side of the stage at the Sheffield show, and he smiled and pointed!! I'll never forget that!!
I did sleep outside the Dorchester Hotel in August 92 as I went to the shows on the 22nd & 23rd August at Wembley...I remember it being sooo cold overnight, and a kind fan let me and my friend sleep on the back seat of her car!!
I just wanted to experience being near to him....I never got the opportunity to do that again...
It's great to read all of everyone's experiences...makes me smile!

Back