Ever Wonder What Michael Jackson Admired: Full Lists of People, Places & Things

Re: MJJC Legacy Team Project: Learning Lessons from Michael Jackson - Fact File

10 Life Lessons From Michael Jackson
by: Sompong Yusoontorn

10 Life Lessons From Michael Jackson from Sompong Yusoontorn

"...I love to create, when I'm not creating, I'm not as happy, as a matter of fact, I get down and out. I like to stay busy, and I'm very thankful."

- Michael Jackson ET interview 1983

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ns4pq_gQIg0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

&#8220;I love people who have really contributed to the pleasure and happiness of the planet and mankind, people with light - from Walt Disney to Ghandi to Edison to Martin Luther King. These are people with light, people who really cared about children, bringing families together, and love. That's what I try to say in my music and in my songs. If you go to one of my concerts, my shows, you will see 200,000 people swaying, holding candles, saying, 'We want to heal the world,' and 'We love you.' I've seen it around the world from Russia to Germany to Poland to Africa to America. We're all the same. People cry in the same places in the show. They get angry in the same places in the show, they get the pathos in the same places.&#8221;

100 REASONS TO LOVE MICHAEL JACKSON

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XeVLOgb18B8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Last edited:
Michael Jackson and Steve Harvey Interview

[video=youtube;CdWJw0BMUes]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdWJw0BMUes[/video]

[video=youtube;ods90dVpGB8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ods90dVpGB8[/video]

---- From the book 'A life for L.O.V.E' a danish fan story:

She went walking with Michael in Ireland. He would turn up beetles which were on their backs and commented:

&#8220;everyone has a right to live and right to a second chance.&#8221;

11lside.jpg

Last edited:
ff7b9f1a40a44005a36540d530f8a7c1.jpg

Learn From The Best

Michael Jackson: A True Artist

MICHAEL JACKSON NAMED ARTIST OF THE CENTURY AT 29th ANNUAL AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS

Michael-Jackson-630x350.png

Pop superstar Michael Jackson was named the &#8220;Artist of the Century&#8221; today (January 9, 2002), during the 29th Annual American Music Awards.

The event took place at the Shrine Auditorium, in Los Angeles and was co-hosted by music mogul Sean &#8220;P. Diddy&#8221; Combs and MTV personality Jenny McCarthy.

Comedian Chris Tucker presented Michael Jackson with the award, which gave the legendary pop singer a grand total of 26 American Music Awards throughout his career.

But, the show was controversial, because Dick Clark, who produced the American Music Awards, wanted Michael Jackson to perform.

But then Grammy chief Michael Green had insisted that artists who had performed at the American Music Awards would not allow to be performed on the Grammy stage.

The dispute led to a $10 million lawsuit against the Grammy&#8217;s.

Other notables that were in attendance during 29th Annual American Music Awards included Master P, Lil Romeo, Nelly, Luther Vandross, Destiny&#8217;s Child, and Alicia Keys.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uVhH-FwpTsU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

(Source: )
By RareSoul Staff

&#8220;I try not to think about it too hard, I don&#8217;t want my subconscious mind to think that I&#8217;ve done it all, you&#8217;re done now, no. That&#8217;s why I don&#8217;t put awards or trophies in my house. You won&#8217;t find a gold record anywhere in my house, because it makes you feel like you&#8217;ve accomplished, &#8220;look what I&#8217;ve done.&#8221; But I always wanna feel, not I haven&#8217;t done it yet.&#8221;
It&#8217;s tempting, at this moment, to list MJ&#8217;s accomplishments and all that he has done to further solidify this point, but it might be easier to just ask this question: What hasn&#8217;t Michael Jackson won? Take your you time, answer it, then consider this.
He still wasn&#8217;t satisfied.&#8221;
&#8211; Joseph Milord

Last edited:
Re: Learning Lessons from Michael Jackson - Fact File and Discussion

WHAT MICHAEL JACKSON TAUGHT ME

Posted: 10/28/2014 3:15 pm EDT Updated: 10/28/2014 3:59 pm EDT

When I was 16 years old, I had a 45-minute conversation with Michael Jackson. As you might imagine, the experience was thrilling. But what I was unaware of at the time was how that brief conversation would shape the trajectory of my life.

It was the spring of 1974 when I heard that my favorite band, the Jackson 5, was coming to Chicago. I immediately mailed away for tickets. When they arrived, I couldn't believe my luck: I got front row seats! From that moment on, all I could think about was meeting Michael.

When the day finally arrived, my father drove my best friend, Linda, and me out to the suburbs and dropped us off at the concert venue. We found our seats, fortuitously located right next to Michael's mom, Katherine. She was warm and friendly and after I engaged her in a conversation about how much I loved her boys, she got the whole group to sign my program. After the show, program in hand, I told Linda that we HAD to meet Michael.

2014-10-28-IMG_3368-thumb.JPG

Our brilliant plan was simple: stay after the show and wait for him outside. Unfortunately, about 100 other people had the same brilliant plan, but we were determined. Over the next two hours, the group kept dwindling until it was just us two. We knew, we just knew in our hearts, that Michael was still inside the theater. Eventually, the manager of the venue came out and asked what we were doing; I responded matter-of-factly, "We're waiting to meet Michael." He told us they had left hours ago and I confidently replied, "It's your job to tell us he's not here. I know he is and we're not going anywhere."

Finally, fed up with the obstinate teenagers, he unlocked the theater and let us search the place. There was not a Jackson family member to be found. We were despondent.

When he asked us how we planned to get home, we realized that the train back into the city had long since stopped running for the night. In all of the excitement, we had completely lost sight of such practical matters. He was kind enough to give us a ride. On the drive home, we were oblivious to our driver; all Linda and I could talk about was our failed attempt to meet Michael and the punishment that awaited us both at home.

Right before dropping us off, the venue manager took pity on us and told us where the Jacksons were staying. I felt that surge of excitement and hope all over again, just as I did when the tickets first arrived. Even getting grounded for a week didn't dampen my mood or resolve.

Determined to meet Michael, the very next day, I defied my dad's orders and rushed to the hotel after school. I sat in the lobby waiting patiently for five hours. When it was obvious that the concert had already begun and Michael was nowhere in sight, I approached the man at the front desk only to be told, "I can't confirm or deny that the Jackson 5 are staying here." After much pestering, he finally pointed out that if a famous musical group was staying at the hotel, they probably wouldn't leave through the lobby.

Crushed by the sobering realization that I had missed him again, I sat down and wrote a heartfelt letter to Michael explaining how hard I had tried, how long I had waited to meet him and how much trouble I had gotten into through my attempts to connect with him. When I tried handing it to the man at the front desk, he refused to take it. Unfazed, I got into the elevator and stopped on every floor. When I reached the top, there was a hulking security guard who warned, "I think you're on the wrong floor." Bingo! I knew I was exactly where I needed to be. After much cajoling, I finally convinced him to take the letter. Then, I went home and got in huge trouble. Again.

It was all worth it because that same night, the telephone rang at 2 a.m. I was barely awake when I heard my dad answer and say, "Michael? Michael who?" I jumped out of bed and screamed at him not to hang up. He looked at me like I was a crazy person and said, "You tell this Michael Jackson, whoever he is, never to call here again at this hour!"

I grabbed the phone and spent 45 minutes talking to Michael Jackson. He was soft-spoken and kind -- it was like talking to a friend. We were about the same age and the majority of our conversation focused on his curiosity around the life of a normal teenager. He asked about school and my everyday experiences; we connected over our struggles with our strict fathers. It was an intimate talk between two kids.

As the conversation was winding down, I remember thinking, "No one will believe this. I have to get evidence." Then I thought, "No." Intuitively, I knew that asking for a personalized photo as proof would ruin the moment. The conversation was so authentic and pure. I didn't ask.

Talking to Michael Jackson was my first stretch goal -- something so big and so unlikely that most people wouldn't bother going after it. Unbeknownst to me at the time, that 45-minute call was one of the most important conversations of my life. It shaped me to be fearless and tenacious in pursuit of my goals.

Too often, we take "no" as a sign that we're not smart enough, powerful enough or capable enough. We create and tell ourselves stories that limit us. The trajectory of our future changes -- often dramatically -- when "no" no longer serves as an absolute, and we powerfully change our stories to support the action we need to move forward.
(Source: )Follow Jody Michael on Twitter: www.twitter.com/jmacoaching

Wow, I guess it is meant to be that I 'bump' into this thread again :blush:

My current book is almost finished and so I'm looking for another one to read again and voila :D

I can just pick one out from the Michael list :bow:

By the way, I can do a 'book review' too :cheeky:

Thanks for guiding me here, Michael :blush:

Edit: this is the 'research' I came up with checking out Michael's 'mentioned' Authors. :blush:
The stuff you learn from Michael, hey :D

Somerset Maughan
William Somerset Maugham CH (/&#712;m&#596;&#720;m/ mawm; 25 January 1874 – 16 December 1965) was a British playwright, novelist and short story writer. He was among the most popular writers of his era and reputedly the highest paid author during the 1930s.

Walt Whitman
Walter "Walt" Whitman (/&#712;hw&#618;tm&#601;n/; May 31, 1819 – March 26, 1892) was an American poet, essayist and journalist. A humanist, he was a part of the transition between transcendentalism and realism, incorporating both views in his works. Whitman is among the most influential poets in the American canon, often called the father of free verse.[1] His work was very controversial in its time, particularly his poetry collection Leaves of Grass, which was described as obscene for its overt sexuality.

John Donne
John Donne (/&#712;d&#652;n/ dun) (22 January 1572[1] – 31 March 1631) was an English poet and a cleric in the Church of England. He is considered the pre-eminent representative of the metaphysical poets. His works are noted for their strong, sensual style and include sonnets, love poems, religious poems, Latin translations, epigrams, elegies, songs, satires and sermons. His poetry is noted for its vibrancy of language and inventiveness of metaphor, especially compared to that of his contemporaries. Donne's style is characterised by abrupt openings and various paradoxes, ironies and dislocations.

William Blake
William Blake (28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827) was an English painter, poet and printmaker. Largely unrecognised during his lifetime, Blake is now considered a seminal figure in the history of the poetry and visual arts of the Romantic Age.

W.B. Yeats
William Butler Yeats (/&#712;je&#618;ts/; 13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939) was an Irish poet and one of the foremost figures of 20th century literature.

Source: "Wikipedia" :cheeky:

Last edited:
Yohan Blake: 'I've learned a lot from Michael Jackson'
By Aimee Lewis BBC Sport 16 May 2014
Last updated at 13:30 GMT

_74906505_blake_jacksoncomposite2_get.jpg

Athletes are often obsessives, clinging to the comfort of a repetitive routine like a warm, cosy blanket. It perhaps explains why Yohan Blake listens to Michael Jackson over and over again. Time after time. Day in, day out.
But on closer inspection, deeper reasons emerge as to why the King of Pop has had such an influence on the Jamaican sprinter who aspires to become like the King of Pop - The King of [the] Track, and it is not just about the music.
It is about emulating the singer's wider vision of the world: wanting to make a change, to help those less fortunate than himself; to give them a chance, to give them hope. Admittedly, Jackson's songs and dancing aren't bad, either.

Three years ago Blake, now 24, became the youngest 100m world champion in history, establishing himself as a potential superstar and as Usain Bolt's only genuine rival for double sprinting gold in London 2012.
As it turned out, Blake finished second to his friend and rival in both the 100m and 200m, but later that month went on to equal the second fastest 100m in history, 0.11 second slower than Bolt's 9.58 world record.
Injured for almost all of last season, the former world champion is fit again and determined to fulfil his potential. And driving Blake, the man nicknamed 'The Beast' by Bolt because of his relentless work ethic, is the desire to, like Jackson, have an impact beyond his immediate world.
"I can moonwalk, of course," he says with an indignant smile, though when asked to demonstrate his prowess he hides his face in his hands and laughs, pointing out that the gravel scattered on the ground would prevent him from gliding backwards.
But there is no questioning Blake's sincerity. This is a man who listens to Jackson's music on a daily basis, who cried upon hearing news of his death in 2009 and stopped training for a week.

_74897401_mwp_pr_may14_run-0530.jpg

Blake visited teenagers at St Peter's RC High School ahead of the Great City Games Manchester

" I can do a bit of that lean in Smooth Criminal. And I listen to all his songs. Mostly Thriller, Man in the Mirror, Dirty Diana," he says with teenage enthusiasm, before adding, just in case there was any doubt: "I love all of them."
But, in many ways, it is Jackson's actions away from music that has been the real influence.
"He showed how people suffer and if you can start with the man in the mirror you can make a change," the softly-spoken Jamaican explains.
"He taught me a lot, just by watching his videos, watching him travel around the word. I've learnt a lot from Michael Jackson. It's not just the music, he helped a lot of people and that's what I want to do."
Blake grew up in one of his country's toughest neighbourhoods in Montego Bay and his success has already brought considerable wealth. But he gives 5% of his earnings to charity and funds a boys' home in Jamaica, providing education and psychological support to abused and under-privileged children.

_74897408_mwp_pr_may14_run-0468.jpg

The double Olympic silver medallist started his YB Afraid Foundation a few months after he won World Championship gold in 2011.

"He sees himself as the Michael Jackson of athletics," says his manager, Cubie Seegobin, watching on as a group of Manchester high school students scream and cheer and giggle in the presence of his client.
And Seegobin is open-mouthed in astonishment when, responding to the demands of his young audience, Blake removes his cap, signs it and presents it to an excitable girl who correctly answered that Blake won his world championship gold in 2011.
"I'm staggered, he loves that cap. He's never done that before," whispers Seegobin from the sidelines, "and there have been plenty of requests."

The model Heidi Klum is one of many celebrities to have received short shrift, but it is clear Blake feels a greater affinity with his current audience. "These kids are really nice so why not? It's true, I never give them away, but I know this community is a bad community and not many kids get to gravitate to the next level."
Blake has often said his rise to the top was made without a "gold spoon", but he knows there is still a long way to go. His first challenge, on the streets of Manchester on Saturday, is to better Bolt's 150m world best of 14.35 seconds, set by the six-time Olympic champion on a rain-soaked Manchester afternoon in 2009.
"I told him in training that I was going to try 14.30. He said, 'That's going to take some running'. He always sets the bar high, which I really like. As a youngster you have to aim high," says Blake.
Beating Bolt might be regarded as the definition of aiming high and Blake knows his fellow countryman is not departing the scene any time soon.
That, however, just fuels Blake's resolve. "I believe in time," he says. "That everybody has their time. Usain Bolt is having his time. We train together and I respect him a lot. I'll just wait until I have my time.
"I don't set goals, I have dreams. I'm still dreaming and when the time arrives, it arrives. Maybe this year, maybe next year, you will never know. I'm a man of surprises. I like surprises."

(Source: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/athletics/27432925 )

What a cool thread!! Thanks for providing all this information!!

Hi :ciao:

You're very Welcome. I've tried to find every thing that I possibly can... yet if you all do find anything (with source) please interact in here and post.
:wub:

I will for sure!
You've pretty much covered everything i know about Michael. :)

Hi again.
Cool. Oh, There's more out there, in youtube video of Michael in articles in 'his' books there's more also you can post that as others and myself have shared pictures and stories from people around the world, you know.. so there's tons more. this is a fun thread to hang-out in and discuss all thing Michael has left us to learn from and about him.. invite your MJJC friends in here, You all are completely Welcome. :)
We are MJ's legacy too.
xo, Soul

Thank you for this thread. I hadn't been on here before, but being a bookaholic myself, I'm interested in his library (or libraries in his case). :)

Thank you for this thread. I hadn't been on here before, but being a bookaholic myself, I'm interested in his library (or libraries in his case). :)

For sure, same here, I love books, and Michael had a lot of books and he read them all. We'll probably never know just how many that he had all together, but we do know it was in the double digit thousands just in his home library, alone. Maybe you'll run into another book title he had or liked, if ot please njoy what info. that's already been collected for everyone!

P.S.
I've been working on cleaning up this thread and all posts/phots/videos that aren't working will be replaced and back up again. So, for you, this thread will be fixed up and I will add even more info. Hope that you guys will enjoy it even more-so.
xo, Soul

Last edited:
Has anyone ever come across a listing of hotels Michael frequently booked as a guest? Just curious.

For sure, same here, I love books, and Michael had a lot of books and he read them all. We'll probably never know just how many that he had all together, but we do know it was in the double digit thousands just in his home library, alone. Maybe you'll run into another book title he had or liked, if ot please njoy what info. that's already been collected for everyone!

P.S.
I've been working on cleaning up this thread and all posts/phots/videos that aren't working will be replaced and back up again. So, for you, this thread will be fixed up and I will add even more info. Hope that you guys will enjoy it even more-so.
xo, Soul

Thank you :)

I don't have a list of hotels MJ stayed at, but I do know he did stay at the Atlantis Bahamas in the Royal Bridge Suite. Read that somewhere online awhile back.
the_bridge_suite_the_atlantis_bahamas_600x450.jpg

bahamas1_415x279.jpg

Has anyone ever come across a listing of hotels Michael frequently booked as a guest? Just curious.

I can give you a 'list' of the Hotels I've spend time 'in front' of on my Michael travels though. The first thing we always did was find the Hotel Michael stayed and then we spend most of the day there chatting up with fans and hoping Michael would pop his head outside :D

Praque 1996: The intercontinental.

London 1997: The Cartlon Hotel in Knightbridge

London 2001: The Lanesborough in Knightbridge

London 2002: The Renaissance Hotel

New york 2001 and 2002: The Four seasons Hotel.
(Though, I'm NOT sure Michael was there in 2001. He could have stayed with friends in New Jersey too.)

I know that Michael stayed in the Dorchester too in London.

P.S: I do have piccies in front of the hotel but I need to 'dive' into my piccie collection and upload them here ;)

Cool. :hi:
Thanks you guys. Now I'll have a start to a new section and we all can keep adding to it, and anything else you all can think of.. it's really cool finding all this and making a file. I worked real hard researching all this in the main post, Happy to see everyone here enjoying this. :)

I just wanted you guys to know I have gathered what's been posted on the Hotels that Michael stayed at and I'm working on collecting more and will make the section soon, in the mean time please add more as you find them.

Soul

Last edited:
Little known fact about Michael Jackson and the Three Stooges
(Yet, We already knew a bit here at MJJC didn't we #MJFam)

mmu4is.jpg
]​

Everyone knows that Michael Jackson purchased the rights to The Beatles catalog, but did you know that at one point he also owned the rights to the legendary trio &#8220;The Three Stooges&#8221;?
Every slap in the face, every poke in the eye at one point made Michael Jackson money before he sold the rights!
The Three Stooges was also Michael Jackson&#8217;s biggest inspiration in making the &#8220;Thriller&#8221; video! The Stooges were known for making 15 minute short films (Which is what Michael Jackson called his videos), one day, Michael said that he would also like to make a long form video like &#8220;The Stooges&#8221; which resulted in him making the long form video of &#8220;Thriller&#8221;!

Michael Jackson's Thriller

9ubrz4.jpg

Last edited:
@wendijane

I'm not sure if this is the thread I was talking about but it's the closest match I can find. This is definitely the type of thread I was looking for to post the tweet and the painting. I've added in the Wikipedia stuff you found.

Also, somewhere in this thread I've seen a 'like' from you, can't remember which page. You got here way before me!

@andjustice4some
"I know that the focus should be on Lisa Marie now, but I could not ignore that the director of YANA is literally stating that it was Michael's idea to emulate Parrish's painting, Daybreak. It shows that Michael understood the meaning behind art, and used the message in his own."

And here is the painting.

525px-Daybreak_by_Parrish_%281922%29.jpg

Wikipedia stuff:

Daybreak is a painting by American artist Maxfield Parrish made in 1922. Daybreak, inspired by the landscape of Vermont and New Hampshire to create lush and romantic tones,[1] is regarded as the most popular art print of the 20th century, based on number of prints made[citation needed]:

Parrish referred to Daybreak as his "great painting", the epitome of his work.

Last edited:
101 Facts About Michael Jackson
By lacienega on August 28, 2012 in 101 MJ Facts, Random

michaeljacksonquotes.jpg

101 #MJFacts

To celebrate Michael Jackson's Legacy - Some facts and trivia about Michael:

1.Michael helped launch the careers of Wesley Snipes [Bad Video], Weird Al [parody “Eat It”], Sheryl Crow [Bad Tour singer], Alfonso Ribiero [1984 Pepsi commercial] and Wade Robson [Bad Tour, Australia; Black or White; Jam].

2.Wesley Snipes said that he once spent three hours speaking with Michael “about metaphysics, psychology, ‘how the black man is treated,’” saying, “people don’t know about Mike on the real, Mike had a consciousness that could blow your mind and he could recite things that could blow your mind as well.”

3.Michael went skinny dipping with Jane Fonda in 1981.

4.Michael has directly intervened in at least two attempted suicides, Janet’s husband James Debarge in the mid 80s who threatened to jump from their roof [Source], and a fan who was threatening to jump off the roof of a hotel across from him in 1992.

5.When Michael heard his friend and burn victim, Dave Dave, had attempted suicide because he felt his life wasn’t worth living, Michael hired him at Neverland to run odd jobs, to ensure he would feel as if his life had meaning.

6.A friend of Michael’s in the 90s suspected Michael was having an affair with his wife because Michael would spend so long on the phone talking to her, so he set about taping the phone conversations and his son ended up selling them in 2005.

7.Michael wanted to sign Lauryn Hill after seeing her in Sister Act 2, but she was already signed with the Fugees.

8.Michael had a library of 10,000 books and one of Michael’s favorites was Jonathan Livingstone Seagull. Michael recommended this book to people like Kobe Bryant, Anthony Jackson, Frank Cascio.

9.Michael’s family had a jokey nickname for him, “Doodoohead”, Lisa Marie had her own tongue in cheek take on that, “Turd,” which MJ would sign some of his notes to her as.

10.At an after party in 1974 Michael taught David Bowie the Robot.

11.One of the only happy memories Michael says he has of his father was of Joe buying the kids donuts to eat because he knew Michael liked them. In the Give In To Me demo Michael sings, “love is a donut.”

12.Michael was a notoriously bad driver, Janet said he drove like Ray Charles.

13.When Michael took off his sunglasses at the 1984 Grammys one fan yelled from the balcony, “Take it all off!”

14.Some of Michael’s disguises: a fat suit, beard and dark make up, prosthetics, a Sheikh outfit, and covered in bandages.

15.Michael would write all over things, like on the back of paintings, clocks, mirrors, jewelery boxes, tables, figurines and stick notes all over his walls.

16.Not realizing he was being taped, Michael can be seen flicking through a Playboy during an interview when he was 12.

17.Michael was always visiting the Playboy Mansion in the 80s, when LaToya asked him why he was there so much, he said it was “to see the animals.”

18.Director of Thriller John Landis didn’t think Michael knew what a Playboy even was, though Michael would go on to tell Ola Ray that he chose her because he’d seen her Playboy photos. Ola had also listed him as her favorite singer during the 1980 shoot.

19.Michael once had a giraffe at his home in Encino but the neighbors complained so they had to get rid of it.

20.Lisa has said she wouldn’t have married him if the sex hadn’t been good and that he was the one who made the moves with her.

21.Michael’s kiss with Lisa Marie at the 1994 MTV awards was not his first public kiss. He’d kissed a fan at a concert in 1981, been kissed by the costar of The Way You Make Me Feel onstage in 1988 and kissed Iman in Remember The Time in 1992.

22.Michael would wear the color red a lot because he felt it gave him energy.

23.He had a whole wardrobe full of red shirts/black pants which he would wear all the time, one of the reasons why was so that it would make photographs of him worth less as it would be hard for anyone buying a magazine to see the difference between photos from different weeks.

24.Michael would always dance in the studio while recording music, a lot of the percussive sounds he made while dancing were worked into the songs.

25.Michael was good friends with Sammy Davis Jnr, who considered Michael like a son to him. His daughter once walked in on Sammy, Jesse Jackson and Michael praying in his office to give thanks for putting Sammy’s cancer into remission.

26.Many people have said Michael had a photographic memory. He could remember names, stories, info relating to encounters with people many years before.

27.Michael had initially turned down doing the 1993 Superbowl performance, and only agreed to do it once they agreed to donate his $100,000 fee to charity. At this, other sponsors then chipped in until the donations reached $2,000,000.

28.Michael wasn’t often home at Neverland but would always keep it running so that sick children, children from inner city schools in LA and children from the Los Olivos area could visit it in his absence.

29.Billie Jean was reportedly inspired by a fan who claimed Michael was the father of one of her twins, when Michael ignored her she sent him a photograph of herself and a gun, that she told him to use on himself on a certain date. Michael was so scared of her he carried this woman’s photo everywhere, memorizing it in case he ever saw her.

30.After the song came out another mentally unstable fan would change her name to Billie Jean and spend her entire life stalking him, staging regular break ins to both Encino and Neverland, suing him for spousal support and even after his death, suing and demanding custody of his children.

31.When LaToya did Playboy Michael told a friend that at least people would finally stop saying that they were the same person.

32.Muhammad Ali had been a friend of the Jacksons and Michael since the 70s [Source], he and Michael bonded especially over their mutual love for magic tricks.

33.When Michael heard Magic Johnson had HIV he made sure to hire him for a role in his video, Remember The Time.

34.Michael’s Billie Jean video broke the racial barrier on MTV. Prior to that no black artist had ever been put on medium or heavy rotation. But this was no easy feat, despite Thriller being a huge success at the time in order to get the video on MTV CBS owner Walter Yetnikoff had to threaten to pull the entire CBS music catalog from their station if they wouldn’t play it.

35.In Michael’s bedroom they found an article on the G spot and another on the Second G Spot.

36.Some of his internet logins were: BigMike, Privacy696, Tut777, Dr Black.

37.Michael had a large photo of Diana Ross’ picture from the cover of When Fools Rush In on his bathroom wall at Hayvenhurst.

38.Michael knew how much his sister LaToya wanted to take their mother to Europe, so in the early 80s Michael got them both tickets and an envelope, inside was $10,000 spending money and a note with the lyrics from one of Katherine’s favorite songs, Moon River.

39.Michael was a secret biker; he owned a Harley and would ride it around late at night in parks. It had to be in secret or else it could jeopardize his insurance.

40.He also gave his second wife Debbie Rowe, another ardent biker, a bike after they married, and included her in a painting in 1991 with black biker wings.

41.Michael used to steal his mother’s jewelry and give them to his favorite female teachers as gifts in elementary school.

42.Michael said he would only buy jewelry for three people: his mother, Elizabeth Taylor, and for any girl he was interested in at the time. Michael gave Elizabeth Taylor a 17 carat gold diamond ring, Brooke ******* an 11 carat and Lisa Marie Presley a 10 carat ring.

43.One of Michael’s favorite gifts to people during the late 80s/early 90s was huge big screen TVs, two of the people gifted them were Jackie O and Elizabeth Taylor. When delivering Jackie O the TV they had to dismantle it first to get it inside the elevator.

44.Freddie Mercury would refer to Michael as “little brother.”

45.Michael was an opening act for strippers as a five year old.

46.While being driven to a show Michael once saw prostitutes standing on a street corner in 1984, he thought they looked good so he stuck out his white gloved hand and waved to them, then stuck his head out to confirm it had been him, leaving them shell shocked while he drove off laughing.

47.Michael is King of an African village in Gabon on the Ivory Coast. They claim he’s had his DNA tested and has been found to have descended from the area.

48.After Michael bought the Sony catalog in the mid 80s he gave Little Richard back the rights to his songs.

49.Michael helped pay for the funeral of Temptation’s lead singer David Ruffin.

50.In 1984, a U.S. library accused Jackson of owing it over $1 million in overdue book fines. Officials said they would scrap the fines if he returned the books autographed.

51.Michael enjoyed plays on words and used them in his songs, like Streetwalker which is slang for prostitutes, In The Closet which is slang for gay men who aren’t public about it (reversing it and making it about a secret relationship he had with a girl), and Eaten Alive, which seems to be a play on sex with a woman.

52.He wrote Eaten Alive and Muscles for Diana Ross. Muscles was the name of Michael’s large… python.

53.Michael had an albino python named after Madonna in the early 90s.

54.At the Oscars in 1991 Madonna and Michael’s entrance at an after party caused such a scene that even celebrities like movie legend Jimmy Stewart stood on a chair to get a good look at them.

55.Lisa Marie was so devastated by his death that she went to see a psychic to contact him on her birthday the first year after he passed.

56.Liza Minnelli and Flo Anthony have said Michael proposed to a non famous woman with an African name before Lisa Marie Presley, she turned him down and he was devastated.

57.To keep the women Michael was seeing a secret Michael would give them code names.

58.Michael had wanted to get the roles of Spiderman [Source], Edward Scissorhands and the Phantom of the Opera.

59.Stan Lee has said that Michael was a friend of his and described him as “one of the nicest guys ever.”

60.Michael was one of the few people who intimidated Freddie Mercury.

61.When Freddie Mercury and Michael did some demos at Michael’s place, he didn’t have a proper drum kit, so Freddie’s assistant took a mic into Michael’s toilet and used the toilet door there for percussion.

62.In August 1993 Michael was in Bangkok with his Dangerous World Tour sponsored by Pepsi. The second concert got cancelled because Michael was suffering from acute dehydration. Next day the rescheduled concert got cancelled again because Michael had not fully recovered. Pepsi’s rival run ads reading ‘Dehydrated? There’s Always Coke.’

63.The gold leotard Michael wears during his Dangerous World Tour is actually a fencing outfit and was designed by Versace.

64.Michael wore the white glove to disguise the beginnings of his vitiligo. [Source] Michael’s eldest son now also suffers from that same rare skin disorder, with it also beginning on his hand.

65.As well as vitiligo, Michael suffered from discoid lupus, another autoimmune disorder.

66.Michael once told a friend he wore the mask because he felt ugly sometimes.

67.Michael called scouting for hot women “fishing” so that people around him wouldn’t know what he was talking about.

68.At its peak Thriller was selling 1 million copies a week.

69.Eddie Van Halen performed his Beat It solo for Michael for free.

70.Some music you might not have expected Michael to be a fan of: Radiohead, Nine Inch Nails, Guns’n’Roses, Jimmi Hendrix, Yes. One of Michael’s favorite songs was Owner Of A Lonely Heart by Yes, he even samples it in D.S and had Trevor Rabin play some things on They Don’t Care About Us.

71.Michael had a lamb named after a character Sidney Poitier played, Mr Tibbs.

72.Michael loved playing phone pranks on people, and would often dial random numbers and prank them without their ever knowing it was him, as well as doing it to his friends.

73.Michael drank a lot of Red Bull and ate a lot of KFC.

74.Michael once showed up a party PDiddy was throwing just to meet the “girl with the derriere” aka Beyonce and dance with her.

75.The demo title for the song “Bad” was “Pee”, likely because it was due to be a collaboration with the musician Prince and “Pee” was code for his initial “P”.

76.There are two naming traditions in the Jackson family: naming a son after yourself and the name Prince. There is a Jackson son named after every male member of the Jackson family (Sigmund, Marlon, Toriano, Stevana/Randy, Jermaine), and Michael had a grandfather and great grandfather named Prince. This is why Michael named his sons as such.

77.Many of Michael’s most famous outfits are borrowed. His black sequin cardigan for Billie Jean was something he took from his mother, his white Thriller suit was something he asked to borrow from the photographer, and many others.

78.This seemed to rub off on Blanket, once when a fan asked Michael to autograph his hat, Michael said that Blanket liked it and asked if he could keep it, so in exchange Michael and Blanket signed Blanket’s tee shirt and gave it to him

79.Star of the first season of America’s Next Top Model, Giselle Samson, was featured in men’s magazine “Stuff” in early 2003 during the show and she said there that she idolized Michael; reading this, Michael then gave her a call and invited her to Neverland.

80.Michael believed dancing and music was a way the universe had of expressing itself.

81.Michael was a huge fan of art, especially the Renaissance artists and the Pre-Raphaelites.

82.Lionel Richie’s band the Commodores were a support act for the Jackson 5 when Michael was just 12.

83.As a kid on tour Michael would prank Lionel with itching powder in his hats, ice in his shoes, and buckets of water over his door. Lionel says the Commodores staged a pillow fight with the Jacksons in revenge for all their pranks.

84.Michael was fascinated by the Ancient Egyptians and Tutankhamen, one of his online email addresses was even KingTut777.

85.Michael once had the police called out in 1989 because he was wearing a disguise while shopping for a ring and they suspected he was a possible thief.

86.Michael was detained while driving his Rolls Royce in 1981 because they thought his car looked “stolen.” Michael later told his mother he was just excited to have been inside a police cell.

87.Michael loved the album What’s Going On by Marvin Gaye, and kept the sleeve framed on a shelf in Encino.[Source]

88.Michael believed Stevie Wonder was a “musical prophet” and was there throughout a lot of the taping of his album, Songs In The Key Of Life.

89.Sometimes Michael would go out in disguise during Halloween trick or treating with friends and his kids and it would be the one time of the year he could blend in.

90.In 2008 while at a Halloween party with his kids, people thought he was a Michael Jackson impersonator and played Thriller when he walked in.

91.Marlon Brando’s son was a bodyguard and close friend to Michael throughout his life. He can even be spotted in the cinema watching the movie with him during Thriller.

92.Michael loved the PBS documentary about Jack Johnson and the racism he endured, “Unforgivable Blackness”.

93.Michael has had fans break in and stalk him relentlessly throughout the years. Some would be found sleeping in his loft, his kitchen, his bushes, by his garbage, would park outside his house and sleep there, others would turn up at Neverland with suitcases announcing they were about to move in before the police would be called. When Michael found one fan who had been living in his kitchen, Michael let her have something to eat with him before his bodyguards took her away.

94.Michael’s mother was the same way and when fans would come to their home in the early 70s she would let them sit and eat with them, sometimes they’d be there till the middle of the night at the kitchen table because Katherine would be too polite to tell them to leave.

95.Michael would get in trouble for feeding the rats and mice who lived in his home as a kid.

96.Michael wrote the lyrics to Black or White 20 minutes before he had to sing it.

97.Michael composed some of the music for the SEGA video game, Sonic 3, but at the time game consoles had poor sound quality so Michael didn’t like the result and therefore wasn’t credited. Brad Buxer has confirmed that one of the pieces would later inspire the song Stranger In Moscow.

98.There’s lots of footage of Michael in the studio that has never been released, footage of him singing with Paul McCartney, singing some of the Bad and Dangerous albums, and all of the Invincible studio sessions.

99.MJ told his bodyguards that one of the things he would have loved to have been able to do was just walk into a bar and say, “Bartender, give me a beer.”

100.Blanket keeps his hair long to remind himself of his father; Paris sleeps with a jacket of Michael’s under her pillow; Prince likes listening to Arabic prayer because it reminds him of being in Bahrain with his father.

101.After Michael’s passing fans got together and raised money to create a children’s home named “Everland” in Liberia, to house 50 orphaned children.

http://rhythmofthetide.com/101-facts-michael-jackson/
@zinniabooklover Some wonderful facts here . #19 is the cutest !

@Hiker is possible for this thread which think @souldreamer made and @zinniabooklover recently found. its just that its a pretty cool thread for fans and future ones. could it be stickied / pinned or something ?
in any case. very cool thread. 💘

Back