EXTRA - Trading Cards by PANINI - The First Michael Jackson Memorabilia Cards

Will these carts be sold in stores too or only online?
And does anyone know if they will be sold in Denmark?
Hi Hess: These cards will only be sold by Panini America to the USA for sale in USA retail stores. Of course, you will be able to buy them online from vendors in the USA who are authorized to sell them overseas.

Magiktori is right, there is a place on Ebay that is selling them here for 31 pounds on the Ebay UK site and here on Ebay France for about 36 Euro.

They are a little bit more expensive than what MJJCollectors.com is selling them, who are offering them for $48/box with flat rate shipping (that's where I ordered mine, I bought two boxes).

Joe

Will these carts be sold in stores too or only online?

And does anyone know if they will be sold in Denmark?

We are doing the pre-sale indeed 'cos orders must be placed around this period to be sure to get them. In fact once orders are placed and distributed, there won't be any more production. This is to create a sort of search for the rarest cards !

No way, they will be sold only in USA, not Europe nor other countries will have them and Panini USA confirmed us so.

Hi Eric: Yes, you can buy an entire case, but it's very expensive...over $1000. This is for 20 boxes of the 73333's (24 pack boxes). It amounts to 2400 cards per sealed case: 120 cards/box (24 packsx5 cards/pack) x 20 boxes=2400 cards. As you point out, Panini guarantees you at least ONE of the memorabilia insert cards per case. If anyone is interested, you can email us at orders@mjjcollectors.com.

Just imagine how hard it will be to get one of those insert cards by just purchasing single packs at retail. If you buy a whole case, which is 2,400 cards you are only guranteed one of the insert cards. How many single packs would you have to buy to get an insert card?!?!?!

The information on mjjcollectors seems to contradict what Panini posted on their blog. Panini says if you buy a 20-box case you will be gauranteed at least one of those special insert cards. Panini makes no mention of those insert cards only being in retail packs.
No, it does not. The retail packs ARE the same packs as those they discuss. The other sets are the so-called "Blaster" boxes, which are the hobby boxes that have 12 packs with 5 cards inside. Those are the boxes that will NOT include the insert cards. Those special cards will be only in the 24 pack boxes which are sold "by the pack" in retail stores. Those are the ones that Panini talks about when they say you are assured one insert card within each case of 20. The code# for these boxes is "73333", whereas the code for the Blaster boxes is 73700.

Those blaster boxes you are selling don't seem to be that good of a deal. They are 12 packs and no insert cards. You can buy a 24 pack box that has the chance of insert cards in it from blowoutcards.com for the same price you charge for the 12 packs. Any chance you can change your price?

I'd love to collect the whole lot but those prices (and chances of getting all the cards you need) are over the top for me.

Hi Eric:

I did a search for "Michael Jackson" on blowoutcards.com and did not see anything there for MJ cards. Regardless, I first think I need to give you an overview how things work with these card companies, and why they do things the way that they do. I'm pretty familiar with this since I used to be an avid baseball card collector for many years (I still have tens of thousands of these cards, for whatever they may be worth), as well as Star Trek collector cards.

In general, this is basically how it works. Card companies make these limited "numbered" cards to insert into packs of cards that they make. These cards are numbered, meaning they would include something like "13/199" which means this is card #13 of only 199 that were ever printed. It might be a "foil" card or similar. And sometimes these cards even contain "swatches", which in this case, are pieces of stage worn clothing (that has literally been CUT UP, and then mounted onto a card.)

The consumer often has to buy SEVERAL packs of cards from these retail packs to find these limited cards. So, you end up having to sort through all of the non-limited cards (which are usually called "commons") to find these limited numbered cards (in a way, it's like looking for the "golden ticket" inside a Willy Wonka bar!) But it's worth it in many cases, because in this case, certain "golden tickets" are going to be worth a LOT of money. Like you see that "Eclectic Threads" card in the original posting in this thread? That one has a very nice costume swatch on it (this one was worn by MJ on the Flip Wilson show in the 1970's). That card is going to be worth a LOT of money. I can't say for sure how much yet, but I can see some of those costume swatch cards going for possibly hundreds of dollars, and certainly at least $150-200 out of the gate. But for many collectors who can't afford to buy a complete "stage worn" costume, this is great, because it could be the only way we can acquire a piece (literally!) of something that is 100% authentic stage worn by MJ!

Now, specific to these MJ Panini cards, this is it in a nutshell. There is a "base set" of 190 cards. And then, there are 59 different numbered cards (some of these cards, like those with the costume swatches, are numbered to less than 100). For retail purposes, there are two options, the "Blaster" collector's box, which contains ONLY the 190 base cards, as you know. And then there are the 24 pack boxes that USA retail stores will sell by the pack (the 73333's). THESE are the ONLY place where you can get the limited numbered cards.

You see, card makers are smart, and they know that collectors will buy the collector "Blaster" boxes, and keep them sealed because they are so beautiful. And that is why they don't include the limited cards in with them! You see, they want you to OPEN up several packs of cards, and in essence, buy the same cards again and again looking for all of those numbered cards!!

So now you see how it works. And why there are two different options in buying and collecting cards. In answer to your other question, in a case of the 73333's, there are 20 boxes, and since there are 24 packs in each box, that is 480 packs per case (with 5 cards per pack, that's 2400 cards, as I said before). So yeah, you would have to buy (and open) 480 packs (presuming they all came from the SAME case) to be assured of at least ONE memorabilia card. And YES, it is a lot.

I would suspect that the costume swatches will wind up for auction on EBay, as they will be HIGHLY sought after! In fact, many sports card dealers spend a lot of their time and money opening up entire boxes of cards to find the limited cards, and put those single cards up for auction. And collectors will pay good money for those cards, because otherwise they would have to spend a lot *more* money buying packs and opening them to find that one special card(s) they are looking for. As I said, it's a bit like a "lottery card" system, looking for that "golden ticket." Some people could buy a retail pack for $4-5 and find a card in there worth $200. Or, you may have to buy several hundreds of packs (or pay big money on Ebay) for those special cards. OR, you can simply do what most collectors will be doing as a minimum, and collecting the 190 base card set, and hope that you find a special card along the way to doing that.

In answer to your last question, we have no plans to change the price on the Blaster hobby boxes, unless Panini drops theirs, which is doubtful. There is a reason why the Blaster hobby boxes are about the same price as the 73333's. As I said, most collectors who buy the Blasters will likely KEEP THEM SEALED. And Panini knows that, which is why they don't put the insert cards in them. You see, they WANT you to open up those retail packs looking for those special cards. And the more that you buy to find those cards (getting the same cards over and over again), the more money that Panini makes. Bottom line, if you want the insert cards, buy the retail packs. If you want to keep them sealed, buy the Blaster hobby boxes. Or both. Or neither. It's up to you.

I do see that there is a place on Ebay that is selling the Blasters in Europe. Here you can buy them by the box: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MICHAEL-JACKS...ultDomain_0&hash=item3a6551ffdf#ht_3061wt_932 for 31 pounds on the Ebay UK site and here you can buy them on Ebay France: http://cgi.ebay.fr/MICHAEL-JACKSON-...Collection&hash=item3a655851f0#ht_2119wt_1072 for about 36 Euro.

Hope that answers your questions!

Last edited:
Hi Eric:

Thanks for the links. Like I said, for a case of those 73333's, the cost is close to $1000, which is in line with what blowoutcards is offering (they quote $929.99+shipping). Yes, these all appear to be the boxes that contain the "retail packs" with 24 packs/box. And yes, these are the boxes that will include the insert cards. So, if you buy a whole case of these, Panini guarantees that there will be at least ONE insert card in one of those 480 packs. Just keep in mind there is no guarantee what that insert card is--it does NOT guarantee you one of the costume swatch cards. Many of those are numbered to less than 100 (as you see here: http://mjjcollectors.com/index.php?...set&catid=41:whats-new-in-the-shop&Itemid=105)

There may be a checklist within the 190 base card set, but if so, we won't know it until they are released. So far we only know the sub-sets of the cards, and the number of cards within each sub-set (as well as the 59 numbered insert cards).

Panini America World Premiere: Inside the Official Michael Jackson Trading Card Set
May 8, 2011

It’s a moment many fans and collectors thought would never arrive. But exactly one month from today, more than a year after preliminary product information was first announced, Panini America’s long-awaited official Michael Jackson trading card set will finally arrive.

In anticipation of that celebrated event, and leading up to the official June 8 release date, we’ll provide exclusive coverage of the unique set devoted to The King of Pop here at The Knight’s Lance, beginning with this must-see gallery of some of the set’s captivating base-card fronts and backs.

Stay tuned to The Knight’s Lance for continued coverage of the official Michael Jackson card set, including a complete review of the Jackson-worn clothing used to make the first Jackson memorabilia cards in trading card history.

Pictures: http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/...he-official-michael-jackson-trading-card-set/

A Closer Look: The ‘Number Ones’ Subset in Panini’s Michael Jackson Trading Card Set

mjonesmain1.jpg

As the anticipation continues to swell for the long-awaited launch of the official Panini America Michael Jackson trading card set,we figured another world premiere sneak peek might keep the momentum building.
Last weekend we previewed some of the scene-setting base cards gracing the June 8 release. Today, we unveil for the first time the Number Ones subset, a 13-card tribute to The King of Pop’s most legendary singles sporting a nice, clean design and tons of music-industry history.
Enjoy this captivating stroll down memory lane and stay tuned to The Knight’s Lance for additional updates on the first set ever devoted to the immortal Michael Jackson.
Oh, and you can check out more MJ coverage right here.

<dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl>
<dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl>
<dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl>

hello,

if i take a set with 12 or 24 packs, are
the cards inside the packs, all different ?

Hey...

From what I know about the cards, and other card collections... no! They are not guaranteed to be different. Each pack is put together randomly... it could be that you have 2 cards the same even in one pack x

Michael Jackson Must-See: Panini Honors The King of Pop&#8217;s Top 20 Achievements

http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/...-honors-the-king-of-pops-top-20-achievements/

Let&#8217;s be honest: If we really wanted to create a trading card set that honored the greatest achievements of Michael Jackson&#8217;s storied career, we&#8217;d need a whole lot more than just 20 cards. Heck, we&#8217;d need that many cards just to cover his pre-teen years.

So we really had to scrutinize The King of Pop&#8217;s remarkable resume to select his most notable accomplishments for inclusion in the 20-card Achievements subset in the early June release of Panini America&#8217;s official Michael Jackson trading card set.

We hope diehard MJ devotees and casual fans alike find our selections &#8212; including his 1984 Grammys for Record of the Year (&#8220;Billie Jean&#8221;), Album of the Year (&#8220;Thriller&#8221;), his 1993 Living Legend Award and his 1995 Guinness World Record for Most Expensive Video (&#8220;Scream&#8221; at the cost of $7 million) &#8211; to be spot on.

You can view all 20 Achievements cards (fronts and backs) in the captivating gallery below. Stay tuned to The Knight&#8217;s Lance for continuing coverage of this history-making card set, including an upcoming post on the unique Jackson-worn memorabilia incorporated into the set.

You can get past coverage of the Jackson set here and here.

mjachievementsmain.jpg
mj127a.jpg

Today should be the first day these cards are available. Anyone that gets some let us know! My order should be coming next week.

How do we get these? Will they be in stores or do we have to order them online?

I purchased mine online but I believe they are going to be sold in stores also. Which stores will be selling them, I have no clue.

Did anybody get hands on these yet?? I'm gonna order some and see how things go... but I kinda get obsessive about this kinda thing and end up wanting them all! Then it gets expensive! Certainly gonna give it a try though and hopefully there will be a place to trade/sell cards with eachother!!!

Did anybody get hands on these yet?? I'm gonna order some and see how things go... but I kinda get obsessive about this kinda thing and end up wanting them all! Then it gets expensive! Certainly gonna give it a try though and hopefully there will be a place to trade/sell cards with eachother!!!

The yesterday Breaking News from our wholesaler is that Panini postponed the distribution to June 15 and we really hope they go ahead now since it's becoming really ridicolous waiting, waiting and waiting for so long.

Originally Posted by jilliebean
How do we get these? Will they be in stores or do we have to order them online?

We are selling the 24 Pack Hobby Boxes in our site : www.mjjcollectors.com and through our Ebay id too: www_mjjcollectors_com

12 pack Blaster boxes were deleted by Panini some weeks ago and have been replaced by Hobby Boxes only; of course all the cards in a Hobby Box or even 2 won't complete the full collection, just 'cos Panini aims at pushing fans to buy as many packs as possible, so it's very possible you find 3-4 cards of the same kind and collect many duplicates too.
However, just to allow anybody to complete his/her own collection, we opened a thread in our Forum so you can add your extras and look for missing ones:

http://mjjcollectors.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=87&func=view&catid=13&id=583

According to Panini, these cards will be available at Target stores starting next week.

I can't wait to get them. Does anybody know if we are allowed to trade with each other here?

Hey guys, so I'm a bit confused as to where and when these cards will be released. What's the latest..

Giving these a miss unfortunately. I would have to get the entire set if I started collecting them and I have the feeling that would be way out of my price range.

Back