EXTRA - Trading Cards by PANINI - The First Michael Jackson Memorabilia Cards

I have almost all the Panini cards from History era,except numbers 145,158,159,160.Can anyone help me to find this cards,please?I can give you money,other cards or other stuff with Michael.
Thank you.

Ouch, besides the whole collection I also have 9 spare cards, but none of them is a number you are looking for :(

where are the cards come from?
i never heard before of it...

there are just some cards from 1984 on ebay, but the box looks new!

by Tracy Hackler

eclectic.jpg

We all know that good things come to those who wait. Sometimes, collecting history does, too.
More than a year after details were first released regarding Panini America’s plans for an official Michael Jackson trading card set, the product will finally will make its celebrated debut in early June. 2011 Michael Jackson is a rich, colorful tribute befitting the King of Pop, complete with the historic first MJ memorabilia cards.

The product goes live June 8 with five-card packs retailing for $2.99. Each 24-pack box will deliver a bevy of Jackson-inspired inserts boasting classic photography and tributes to the legend’s timeless songs and albums. Some of the box-level highlights include 12 Decades, eight Achievements, eight Top Tens, six Number Ones, five Gold Parallels, one Platinum Parallel and one Number Ones Deluxe.
Each 20-box case of 2011 Michael Jackson will yield one or more hits from a lineup that includes Diamond Parallels, Number Ones Deluxe and a stunning array of cards featuring pieces of landmark Jackson-worn memorabilia.
Other highlights include:

• Eclectic Threads Shirt, Pants and Dual Swatches numbered to 249 or less
  • Televised Fashions numbered to 249 or less
  • Jackson Live Single and Dual Swatches numbered to 199 or less
  • Diamond Parallels numbered to 10 or less.
Stay tuned to The Knight’s Lance in the coming weeks for additional coverage of 2011 Panini Michael Jackson.
<style type="text/css">#gallery-1 { margin: auto; }#gallery-1 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 50%; }#gallery-1 img { border: 2px solid rgb(207, 207, 207); }#gallery-1 .gallery-caption { margin-left: 0pt; }</style>
<dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl>
<dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl>
<dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl>

To be honest, I didn't understand the description at all, but I did understand these things are finally coming in June :D ... not that I like that particular date that much, anyway.... May would have been better, I guess... but well... :ermm:

thanks for the update!

I will definetly be collecting these. I hope there will be some people on here that I can trade with.

These were supposed to come out last August, I was worried that they were cancelled. Hopefully they're released this time :)

To be honest, I didn't understand the description at all, but I did understand these things are finally coming in June :D ... not that I like that particular date that much, anyway.... May would have been better, I guess... but well... :ermm:

thanks for the update!

I didn't understand it either. I felt like I was reading a different language or something!

what those numbers mean is how many of those limted cards theres gonna be i.e they were able to get one of mjs outfits and cut it up for a card
http://cgi.ebay.com/Buffy-Season-7-...012?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb5acda9c something like thay only the mj ones will cost a mint im sure

So, they got some of MJ's old costumes, cut them into tiny swatches, put them on cards, and you might find one in a $3 pack? I assume that the costume swatches are on the "Eclectic Threads" and "Jackson Live" cards, because those are the ones that mention swatches.

What are all of these - "Televised Fashion," "Diamond Parellels," "Decades," "Achievements," "Top Tens," "Number Ones," "Gold Parallels," "Platinum Parallels"? I guess they're just groups of cards? This seems so complex for trading cards - LOL!

I'd love to have the cards but it's too expensive for me :/. I don't know what I'd do with these cards anyway lol

Beautiful cards! I used to collect some when i was younger but mostly of other stars.

I just read this on MJJCollectors.com:

The exact specifics of the memorabilia cards have just been announced! There are going to be 59 different memorabilia cards, several of which are numbered to less than 100 and containing costume swatches from MJ's outfits worn on the Flip Wilson show and the second national tour of the Jackson Five!

You can see the full list of cards right here. They are now available for pre-sale as well (through MJJCollectors).

I just read this on MJJCollectors.com:

The exact specifics of the memorabilia cards have just been announced! There are going to be 59 different memorabilia cards, several of which are numbered to less than 100 and containing costume swatches from MJ's outfits worn on the Flip Wilson show and the second national tour of the Jackson Five!

You can see the full list of cards right here. They are now available for pre-sale as well (through MJJCollectors).
The information on mjjcollectors seems to contradict what Panini posted on their blog. Panini says if you buy a 20-box case you will be gauranteed at least one of those special insert cards. Panini makes no mention of those insert cards only being in retail packs.

The information on mjjcollectors seems to contradict what Panini posted on their blog. Panini says if you buy a 20-box case you will be gauranteed at least one of those special insert cards. Panini makes no mention of those insert cards only being in retail packs.
No, it does not. The retail packs ARE the same packs as those they discuss. The other sets are the so-called "Blaster" boxes, which are the hobby boxes that have 12 packs with 5 cards inside. Those are the boxes that will NOT include the insert cards. Those special cards will be only in the 24 pack boxes which are sold "by the pack" in retail stores. Those are the ones that Panini talks about when they say you are assured one insert card within each case of 20. The code# for these boxes is "73333", whereas the code for the Blaster boxes is 73700.

No, it does not. The retail packs ARE the same packs as those they discuss. The other sets are the so-called "Blaster" boxes, which are the hobby boxes that have 12 packs with 5 cards inside. Those are the boxes that will NOT include the insert cards. Those special cards will be only in the 24 pack boxes which are sold "by the pack" in retail stores. Those are the ones that Panini talks about when they say you are assured one insert card within each case of 20. The code# for these boxes is "73333", whereas the code for the Blaster boxes is 73700.

hmmmm...the fact that Panini is talking about a 20 box case leads me to believe that it is something you should be able to buy. Now I know there is no retail store that is going to be selling cases of these. A hobby place or online store you should be able to get something like that by a case. I'm not doubting what you are saying, but we should be able to buy a case of these is what I'm lead to believe.

These are nice I remember I had some the 80s MJ cards way back with the stick of gum in them!
Does anyone know if cards with gum in are still sold in the USA or has this gone out now?

Will these carts be sold in stores too or only online?

And does anyone know if they will be sold in Denmark?

ebay always has card cases of superhero cards yes im a dork who buy those things so i would check there for pre orders

hmmmm...the fact that Panini is talking about a 20 box case leads me to believe that it is something you should be able to buy. Now I know there is no retail store that is going to be selling cases of these. A hobby place or online store you should be able to get something like that by a case. I'm not doubting what you are saying, but we should be able to buy a case of these is what I'm lead to believe.
Hi Eric: Yes, you can buy an entire case, but it's very expensive...over $1000. This is for 20 boxes of the 73333's (24 pack boxes). It amounts to 2400 cards per sealed case: 120 cards/box (24 packsx5 cards/pack) x 20 boxes=2400 cards. As you point out, Panini guarantees you at least ONE of the memorabilia insert cards per case. If anyone is interested, you can email us at orders@mjjcollectors.com.

Back