Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael"/ Excerpt @pg151/New Interview Post 3743

8701girl;3559517 said:
Wow frank said that to roger???? oh boy frank what have u done!?

no one knows what Frank told Friedman or not. It's all an assumption. And I mean during the 2005 trial Michael's own civil attorney had questioned the paternity of the children in an statement. Friedman himself wrote that Dileo told him about an IV in 2005. Like I said Marc Shaffel have been blabbing about IV- Spider bite thing for some time. So some want to put it all on the Frank but there are other people that were "sources" to multiple media.

la_cienega;3559559 said:
This is what Frank says. I find it hard to believe that Michael was so affable about yet another lawsuit, this time involving people Frank, his friend, had brought in. He says his intentions were genuine in his book, what else would he say?

and what else do you have to show that he's lying? Wasn't this event in 2002 - 2003? Yet Michael and Frank stayed close until the trial. By all accounts Michael's feeling of betrayal didn't happen until mid trial in 2005 and it was due to his belief that Frank didn't want to testify.

I don't know what kind of friendship everyone has but ups and downs, good times and fights etc are all a part of a regular friendship.

Friedman seems very convinced about it and we've seen Frank dodge the question in an interview, I imagine the two have spoken about it. The Blanket mother story is ripped directly from what we know Frank has now said. If he spoke to Friedman about Blanket, why not about the other kids? Doesn't the Blanket mother story reported by Friedman also involve another man's sperm?

Friedman's own words

In the 2005 trial, as I reported then, a slip of the tongue by one of the attorneys indicated that he was not their biological father. I was told by good sources that Rowe was inseminated from a sperm bank. In the long run, it doesn’t matter.

As for Blanket, aka Prince Michael II, I also reported back in 2005 that he was the product of Jackson’s sperm and a hired surrogate. That’s why there is no mother’s name on the birth certificate.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2009/07/01/20090701debbie-rowe-is-the-kids-mom-michael-jacksons-their-dad

As for Omer Friedman said he wasn't Michael's son and kinda said he cashes on his connection to Michael. He also identified his source as "a person that was with Michael when he met Omer for the first time" , according to Frank's book he wasn't there when Michael met Omer. Also Friedman's story is dated to 2004. Again according to Frank he didn't met with Friedman till 2005.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,133727,00.html

Re: Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael" book release date Nov 15 ,2011 / Excerpt posted at @pg151

Defending himself against what?? Frank never accused Michael of anything!

Well for starters he is accusing him of lying (not just to the public, but to the court too) and that's just one story. I don't know about you, but if a "friend" did this to me I would be livid and would definitely want to respond and defend myself. I love how people are acting as if what Frank is doing is no big deal. Spilling private information, including medical about his very private friend is no big deal and just a bunch of stories.

This is what Frank says. I find it hard to believe that Michael was so affable about yet another lawsuit, this time involving people Frank, his friend, had brought in. He says his intentions were genuine in his book, what else would he say?

Someone asked Frank that on the facebook for his book the other day, he deleted the message. He's deleted all messages relating to Friedman.

Friedman seems very convinced about it and we've seen Frank dodge the question in an interview, I imagine the two have spoken about it. The Blanket mother story is ripped directly from what we know Frank has now said. If he spoke to Friedman about Blanket, why not about the other kids? Doesn't the Blanket mother story reported by Friedman also involve another man's sperm?

In that recent post in June 25th by Friedman he said that he'd been assured or something that many more tales of MJ using propofol before would come from Frank's book. Which is what was in Frank's book. He also repeated the story about Omer being Michael's son, which was again in Frank's book. If he felt so comfortable sharing all these stories in his book, why not to Friedman before?

I think it's very telling that he's deleting all question relating to Friedman. The stories about Blanket's conception and the spider bite are definitely from Frank -- they are pretty much the exact same in his book.

Re: Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael" book release date Nov 15 ,2011 / Excerpt posted at @pg151

no one knows what Frank told Friedman or not. It's all an assumption. And I mean during the 2005 trial Michael's own civil attorney had questioned the paternity of the children in an statement

Michael's lawyer was stating he didn't want to bring up anything to do with the conception of the kids as "the truth of the matter" - it's a legal term meaning he didn't want to enter it into the court case, because it wasn't relevant. But they could use Michael's love and relationship with his children, because his love for children was relevant. It wasn't questioning Michael's paternity at all. The media and some people ran with it because they will use anything.
and what else do you have to show that he's lying? Wasn't this event in 2002 - 2003? Yet Michael and Frank stayed close until the trial. By all accounts Michael's feeling of betrayal didn't happen until mid trial in 2005 and it was due to his belief that Frank didn't want to testify.

It was early 2003. Frank and Michael cut off contact after the 2003 arrest because of the trial.

There had been other issues in 2002 between Frank and Michael already.

Friendships have ups and downs and sometimes people don't feel a relationship is worthwhile enough in the end to keep it going.

^ It was my understanding (correct me if im wrong) that it wasn't until Tom Mez came into the picture that they did not have contact.. Tom Mez himself has stated that he told Frank it was best they don't have contact!

^ It was my understanding (correct me if im wrong) that it wasn't until Tom Mez came into the picture that they did not have contact.. Tom Mez himself has stated that he told Frank it was best they don't have contact!

His lawyer didn't want him to speak to Michael really after the charges in December 2003. Then around January 2004 he visited Michael at NL one last time, smoked pot with him, and then they cut off contact.

Frank's lawyer at the time advised the same thing according to Mez.

Michael's lawyer was stating he didn't want to bring up anything to do with the conception of the kids as "the truth of the matter" - it's a legal term meaning he didn't want to enter it into the court case, because it wasn't relevant. But they could use Michael's love and relationship with his children, because his love for children was relevant. It wasn't questioning Michael's paternity at all. The media and some people ran with it because they will use anything.

that's not my point. I gave you exact words Friedman used above. Friedman mentions Michael's lawyer statement as what he based his opinion on. So now you won't even accept Friedman's own explanation and put it on Frank?

It was early 2003. Frank and Michael cut off contact after the 2003 arrest because of the trial.

There had been other issues in 2002 between Frank and Michael already.

again my point was that after that invitation issue / argument, Frank was called to Florida, worked on the home videos, rebuttal and so on and their contact didn't end until 1 year later. their communication ending had nothing to do with any of them feeling negative feelings as well - lawyers acknowledged this. Again everyone acknowledged the "feeling of betrayal" didn't start until mid trial in 2005. In other words they didn't cut contact because of inviting those people to neverland. there was around 2 year period between that event and Michael on his own cut contact and expressed negative feelings.

Friendships have ups and downs and sometimes people don't feel a relationship is worthwhile enough in the end to keep it going.

If that's the case people generally do not make up either.. How do you explain 2007 august and later on contact? Frank was out of Michael's life for 2 years , Michael went to their house, talked with hours with Frank - even though Eddie tried to stop it and later maintained communications with Frank. If he didn't want that he could have simply continued to avoid Frank and only keep in touch with his family.

so perhaps it's a up and down and again up in their friendship..

that's not my point. I gave you exact words Friedman used above. Friedman mentions Michael's lawyer statement as what he based his opinion on. So now you won't even accept Friedman's own explanation and put it on Frank?

In the original Blanket story doesn't he mention that it was not MJ's sperm?

again my point was that after that invitation issue / argument, Frank was called to Florida, worked on the home videos, rebuttal and so on and their contact didn't end until 1 year later. their communication ending had nothing to do with any of them feeling negative feelings as well

I believe Michael's decision to cut Frank out of his life after the trial was based on more than his feelings about Frank testifying. We only have Frank's side of the story for everything between them from 2002-2005, we don't know what was going on with Michael. Mez talks about Frank testifying because that's all he knows.
If that's the case people generally do not make up either.. How do you explain 2007 august and later on contact? Frank was out of Michael's life for 2 years , Michael went to their house, talked with hours with Frank - even though Eddie tried to stop it and later maintained communications with Frank. I

It reminds me of the way he reconciled things with Jermaine. I think he did that because of his relationship with the Cascio's. He didn't go to NJ seeking out Frank. Based on everything we know about Michael once he felt betrayed by someone he never seemed to fully trust that person again. He could keep them in his life (Lisa Marie, etc), but seemed to keep a distance.

I find it interesting that other members of the Cascio's are in contact with PPB but not Frank.

Last edited:

I believe Michael's decision to cut Frank out of his life after the trial was based on more than his feelings about Frank testifying. We only have Frank's side of the story for everything between them from 2002-2005, we don't know what was going on with Michael. Mez talks about Frank testifying because that's all he knows.

Maybe, and maybe not. We only hear Frank's side of story. Maybe there's something Frank didn't mention in his book or MJ just felt disappointed about lots of things.

It reminds me of the way he reconciled things with Jermaine. I think he did that because of his relationship with the Cascio's. He didn't go to NJ seeking out Frank. Based on everything we know about Michael once he felt betrayed by someone he never seemed to fully trust that person again. He could keep them in his life (Lisa Marie, etc), but seemed to keep a distance.

I find it interesting that other members of the Cascio's are in contact with PPB but not Frank.

I really doubt whether other Cascios still stayed in touch with PPB. We don't know for sure. After the Cascio tracks fiasco, it seemed that they have grunge to each other. On the other hand, it's also normal that the friendship between MJ and Frank can't be as good as before after all those things. Frank also admitted that it need time to rebuild the friendship.

In the original Blanket story doesn't he mention that it was not MJ's sperm?

no, Friedman says Blanket is MJ's.

As I mentioned before when the Cascio songs debate happened LAST year and Taryll said that Frank betrayed Michael , people asking what he was talking about. Karen Faye commented on it and said that it was during trial and Michael thought Frank didn't want to testify. Karen also said that Frank and Michael made up and she knew Michael's side and wants to see Frank's side as well. So you also have Karen Faye confirming what was "betrayal" in Michael's eyes. And again we come to the "assumptions" issue.

It reminds me of the way he reconciled things with Jermaine. I think he did that because of his relationship with the Cascio's. He didn't go to NJ seeking out Frank. Based on everything we know about Michael once he felt betrayed by someone he never seemed to fully trust that person again. He could keep them in his life (Lisa Marie, etc), but seemed to keep a distance. I find it interesting that other members of the Cascio's are in contact with PPB but not Frank.

First of all Frank didn't claim that their relationship after 2007 was all dandy and like the old times or they were very close.. So Frank himself says that they were working on reparing their relationship, were talking and Michael was a lot close to Eddie than he was to Frank. So no one is claiming the damage isn't there.

That being said I don't think Michael needed to go to NJ for 4 months. He was meeting up with the rest of the Cascio's for 2 years while avoiding Frank. He could have done the same thing. He put himself into a position that he wouldn't be able to avoid Frank. Plus he choose not to as he refused Eddie's attempt to stop it.

With 3T bad mouthing Frank and Eddie - I don't find it interesting that some Cascio's are out of PPB's life.

Are any of the Cascio's in the kids lives?

What I liked in the book:

- MJ cleaning the house with Mrs Cascio. Michael loved to vacuum :D
- MJ reprimanding Frank: "You never speak to our mother that way, ever. She gave birth to you. You would not be here if it weren't for her. And she would die for you. You must respect your mother." Awww, Mike! :wub:
- Now we know that MJ loved cranberry sauce and peach cobbler.
- Frank describing his first visit to Neverland :wub: ad MJ's dedication to it. So magical! I like it how Mr Cascio (Frank's father) put it: it was like "walking through the gates of heaven".
- MJ driving them to Toys R Us *lol*
- MJ encouraging Frank to study, to be humble and to respect his parents
- MJ being a teacher and tutor to Frank and Eddie, going through their assignments with them
- MJ giving Frank and his family a Neverland CD :wub: (Frank's Dad loved the classical music that was being played across Neverland)
- MJ mimicking Bruce Lee's movements as they watched "Enter the Dragon" :assassin: "Bruce Lee was the master. There will never be anybody like him. Whatever you do, you should master your craft. Be the best at it."
- Frank: "To us, Michael was the funniest, nicest, and most playful friend imaginable. With my parents, his behavior was that of a humble, kind, and mature adult, a brilliant, well-read man with interesting, thoughtful opinions."
- MJ playing DJ and introducing Frank to all kinds of music such as country, folk, classical, funk and rock.
- MJ protecting Frank in Gstaad when a man suddenly appeared at the side of the yard: "Michael jumped up and started screaming to try to scare the guy away."
- Frank about MJ: "He was our protector, and in that mantle, he wasn't scared of anything or anybody."
- the countless lessons Frank has learnt from MJ
- MJ, Eddie and Frank doing "the House" *looool*
- Frank being able to listen to MJ's music (finished and unfinished) in the bathroom (apparently, Michael took ages in the bathroom to get ready, so he had Tannoy speakers in there and lots of music)
- MJ visiting orphanages (this just never gets old!)
- Christmas at Neverland
- MJ introducing Frank to the joys of books
- MJ and Frank's journey through Scotland
- Gary (the driver) and his songs *loool*
- One of Frank's fantasies and goals: "... And I wanted to be a model. (I was sixteen. Cut a kid some slack.)" That really cracked me up :rofl:
- their stay at a haunted castle-like hotel on Loch Lomond
- MJ and Frank seeking out the Loch Ness Monster (at the wrong Loch *lol*)
- MJ being a loving father :wub::wub::wub: (so many sweet and touching anecdotes)
- Mariah Carey acting like a dazzled fan when she talked to Michael (having completely forgotten her annoyed boyfriend Luis who stood right next to them) :D
- MJ and Frank taking care of Prince and Paris on their own *lol* (very cute and funny anecdote)
- MJ not being good at sports but still able to laugh at himself :wub:
- MJ's philanthropic efforts
- MJ liking nerdy women *lol*
- Frank watching MJ make music
- the countless pranks :D
- Frank and David Gest freaking out about the bus driver's dangerous driving style while MJ was laughing his head off :D
- Britney getting nervous about performing in MJ's presence *lol*
- Cindy Crawford being so eager about meeting MJ that she pushed people out of her way and climbed over chairs to get to him :hysterical:
- MJ and Frank leaving their signatures underneath Wendy's skirt :D

After reading the book, I think that Frank must have loved Michael very much: "Working with Michael was more than a job to me. It was more than what I did. It was who I was." Those are pretty strong words in my opinion (and he says a lot more in the book). Frank made mistakes, a lot of them I would blame on his youth and inexperience (which Frank admits as well), but ultimately, he loved Michael.
Read the book and you'll see what I mean. It's a positive book, there are countless anecdotes showing what an amazing person Michael was. I don't understand the negativity, especially if you haven't read the book... contrary to what some people here claim, you can't get the whole picture from merely reading excerpts, reviews or this thread. It's a good book. Go ahead and read it, and make up your own mind. :)

Last edited:

^ thanks for putting that in here.. some fresh air of positivity

Its really weird reading karen fayes twitter, that woman is ........

Frank didnt betray michael on any level, neither did frank. It was a misunderstanding, which because michael dont like confrontation made up 1,5 year later.. Which they end in great friendship. So why call it betray? I think karen is always been jelous at people around michael, she wanted him for herself.... She wasnt around much i thought? in the last 10 years, she was back at this is it but not before that right?

So why is she calling frank a betrayer. And the fam.. pff dont get me started if they think eddie betrayed michael with those songs? Which are beautifull songs, what is joe then with his promoting on behave of michaels death? jermaine writing a book? la toya saying in 93 she believed he molested kids... etc etc etc..

So i hope you all read the book and she frank was till the end a friend for and behind michael

Yes, she was brought back for TII.

^ thanks for putting that in here.. some fresh air of positivity
Anytime. :)
Hmmm... maybe I should pop over to Disneyland Paris just to check those signatures underneath Wendy's skirt :D hehe! :shifty:

Snow White 1937, thanks for your post. It's nice to see some positivity. There are so many good things about this book that outweigh anything else.

I loved that part about the Lock Ness Monster too. I could picture it all in my head lol

One of my fave parts was when MJ and Frank (apparently heh) saw a ghost haha. Abbot and Costello lolol.

Edit: Also loved how they would explore the desolate castle late at night. I so would have done that (but would've been scared to death about the possibility of bumping into that ghost).

I loved that part about the Lock Ness Monster too. I could picture it all in my head lol

One of my fave parts was when MJ and Frank (apparently heh) saw a ghost haha. Abbot and Costello lolol.

Edit: Also loved how they would explore the desolate castle late at night. I so would have done that (but would've been scared to death about the possibility of bumping into that ghost).
I also loved that, especially the creepy, yet polite, receptionist Herron who seemed to kind of pop up everywhere. And how he nonchalantly told them: "By the way, there is a ghost in your room."
Michael's reaction: "Great, a ghost. What's its name?"
"Her name is Katherine."

I would also like to listen to some of Gary's music, I laughed so hard when I read about Michael, Frank, Eddie and Dominic driving around in a golf cart on the Sultan of Brunei's property, retrieving Gary's tape, then blasting his music and singing at the top of their lungs :lol:

*edit*
What I also liked:

- MJ taping himself saying: "Prince, I am you father. I love you, Prince. You are wonderful. I love you."
- MJ taping himself reading children's books and classics, like Moby Dick and A Tale Of Two Cities. At night, Debbie would put earphones to her belly or play the tapes aloud. Awww :wub:
- MJ reading to Prince from the day he was born
- MJ standing in front of his closet, which was a sea of red shirts and black pants, saying: "Hmm, I wonder what I'm going to wear today." :lol:

Last edited:

I know, funny how the ghost's name was Katherine. And Michael was not afraid of seeing a ghost, whereas if I recall correctly Frank was pretty frightened heheh.

Yes, funny piece about Gary's music. There are so many scenes like this in the book that put a smile on your face. I could visualize them happening. I'll be sad when I get to the end.

Oh yes, Frank was definitely scared :lol:

More:

- MJ and Frank eating egg whites and tabasco omelets in the middle of the night (in that haunted place in Scotland), they ate until 5 in the morning
- MJ prank calling Dominic's and their cousin Aldo's (and Frank's former) soccer coach at 3 in the morning for not playing them enough. Michael: "Hey, buddy", Michael said in a weird voice, "you'd better play my son, buddy."
"Who is this?" the coach asked.
"Don't worry about it, buddy. You better play my son, buddy." Michael hung up and the four of them died laughing :hysterical:
- MJ and Frank bonding on their trip through Scotland

Yeah the "Loch Monster" issue cracked me up, I almost 'feared' the hotel dude would say exactly.that. Hehehe. And then he did.

The other good one that had me in stitches was the orange colored head trying to shmooze up to Mariah Carey. I just threw the book down and laughed. For some reason that scene had me in stitches, it has Monty Python qualities because it's so absurd.

The Loch Monster would also make an awesome Monty Python skit.

no one knows what Frank told Friedman or not. It's all an assumption. And I mean during the 2005 trial Michael's own civil attorney had questioned the paternity of the children in an statement. Friedman himself wrote that Dileo told him about an IV in 2005. Like I said Marc Shaffel have been blabbing about IV- Spider bite thing for some time. So some want to put it all on the Frank but there are other people that were "sources" to multiple media.

I wonder why frank wont clarify that though

Oh yes, Frank was definitely scared :lol:

More:

- MJ and Frank eating egg whites and tabasco omelets in the middle of the night (in that haunted place in Scotland), they ate until 5 in the morning
- MJ prank calling Dominic's and their cousin Aldo's (and Frank's former) soccer coach at 3 in the morning for not playing them enough. Michael: "Hey, buddy", Michael said in a weird voice, "you'd better play my son, buddy."
"Who is this?" the coach asked.
"Don't worry about it, buddy. You better play my son, buddy." Michael hung up and the four of them died laughing :hysterical:
- MJ and Frank bonding on their trip through Scotland

Hehe and Frank's parents figured out who was the prank caller after some deduction lol. You've got a great memory. I have already forgotten those and other scenes (my memory is horrible) but yes, those were very funny. There are many, many things like this in the book and I haven't even finished yet...

Thanks for reminding me about the stories again. Yes, I love them and they make me laugh and love Michael more (if that is at all possible!). :) I plan to read it again (hope is was a longer read though) after I finish the book on Steve Jobs (wow, Steve on the other hand is a real pain in the butt kind of person but hey, he is a genius and like Michael, true to his art. Thanks!

Hehe and Frank's parents figured out who was the prank caller after some deduction lol. You've got a great memory. I have already forgotten those and other scenes (my memory is horrible) but yes, those were very funny. There are many, many things like this in the book and I haven't even finished yet...

I do like the little stories in the book, but I don't like how Frank portrays Michael as an over-grown child who had no idea how to be in a relationship, how to deal with people and what was appropriate and inappropriate to share with children. For me that overwhelming feeling/angle puts me off the whole book, and honestly I had a hard time finishing it. I just don't like Frank, period. I don't get a good feeling about him.

^ I didnt get the feel of "over grown child" or "not knowing how to deal with people" at all... I never saw that! I guess its all in the eyes of the beholder

^ I didnt get the feel of "over grown child" or "not knowing how to deal with people" at all... I never saw that! I guess its all in the eyes of the beholder

Exactly! :)

How could you not see it though? Frank recounts that Michael didn't know how to deal with fights and emotional battles with Lisa, commenting that he just burst into laughter or clapped and smiled whenever she was trying to get her point across. I know Michael had his faults, but I can't imagine such a sensitive and switched-on guy like him acting like that, I really can't. And even if he was, why did Frank need to tell that? Why do we need to hear those personal details? I don't like some of the personal stuff he revealed, honestly that's between Lisa and Michael. It's not for the public to hear. It further paints the image of a mis-matched marriage that the press was keen to run away with.

I was thinking. all we see are usernames who post in threads. and alot of here is with hate and because there 2 sites we disagree. but what if we knew each other, like we all live in the seem street go the same school or church. Maybe then we would be nicer to each other. I know that also i was harsh because i was so done with all the hate towards this book and frank. But i hate that..
What if we all could imagine we know each other, we still disagree but i know i would react differntly if its a fam member or friend saying it.

SO im gonna try from now on to see you all as people i know in real life maybe if we all do that we can be so much nicer to eachother..

Im gonna try it, i hope some of you will join me :)

I also hope all of you gonna read this book. :) And i recommend to all my friends who are non michael fans, i said this is a good book to start with :) Some are thinking about it, so thats fase 1 :D

Such funny emotional storys are here, like the loch ness monster, the museum prank, they had alot of fun together. I wish it was me with michael LOL i had a dream it was ... :D

I was thinking. all we see are usernames who post in threads. and alot of here is with hate and because there 2 sides we disagree. but what if we knew each other, like we all live in the seem street go the same school or church. Maybe then we would be nicer to each other. I know that also i was harsh because i was so done with all the hate towards this book and frank. But i hate that..

What if we all could imagine we know each other, we still disagree but i know i would react differntly if its a fam member or friend saying it.

SO im gonna try from now on to see you all as people i know in real life maybe if we all do that we can be so much nicer to eachother..

Im gonna try it, i hope some of you will join me :)

That was so beautiful Ingelief :hug: That reminded me of something Michael would have said.
your sentiment actually brought tears to my eyes. Sometimes I fear we are growing too cynical
becuase of all the pain we have endured. Wouldnt it be wonderful if we all could see each other
like that. I think Michael woud be so happy and proud if we really did that . If we could discuss
topics here with more respect & even if we dont always agree. We could all be kinder to each other

I will try and join with you :) thanks for that invitation

Yes, we all need to respect each other's opinions. There is never any need for heated arguments if you simply agree to disagree. Still haven't received my book yet but so looking forward to reading it.

Back