Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael"/ Excerpt @pg151/New Interview Post 3743

Re: Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael" book release date Nov 15 ,2011

What I find upsetting is the mentality of "If you are not against Frank, you must be with him" in this thread. It seems to me that to those who have already made up their mind about this, it's not comprehensible that there are fans such a s myself, who would like to pass their final judgment after having read the book.
It rubs people the wrong way if you don't jump onto this hate-wagon immediately. Hence the assumption that people are defending him. No one is defending Frank here.
Since Ivy offered to read and review the book asap, I shall wait and see... who knows, I might actually hate Frank's guts after this. I don't want to base my opinion on assumptions, I simply want to know all the facts first, read the whole book, not just some excerpts and form my own opinion. So please don't judge those who don't hate Frank as of yet. I know emotions are high right now but let's not confuse neutrality with support for Frank.

Exactly.

I think the action call here is certainly different because more people are of the notion that MJJC is somehow supportive of Frank's book, with the Q&A and such. That wasn't the case for Latoya's.

do I have to explain it again?

While I'm at it, why is MJJC promoting the company in the banner who:

- Has been Kurt Loder's soundbox for the past 30 years, and
- Infamously set up MJ with an "Artist of the Millenium" award on their website, and then removed all mention making MJ look like an egocentric lunatic

...all in the name of some promotional board award? Am I the only one who is bewildered?

you know that award was won by the votes of the people here, right?

The media doesn't care about but. The media won't talk about the stuff after but. The media will make the stuff before but MJ's legacy. As a friend you talk about the good things. The friendship, the philanthropy, the good times, the funny stories, the stuff you know. You don't counter negativity with more negativity and speculation in this day and age. No one is that media ignorant.

Yes. It still doesn't sit right with me.

^^Well we expected the news will pick up on the drug thing, but as I said usually they spill the worst thing, so I expect the rest of the book to have a less nasty impact. A problem I see is that someone writing a book about Michael in the future will quote Frank. Authors usually quote the writings of others to highlight a point, so in a sense Franks words will be living on. Thanks Frank.

okay I'll tell the story in detail that I mentioned earlier today.

Back in my home country while working in the music industry I met several famous people. There was this girl who was famous in her right and highly loved due to energetic and funny nature. She was like the highly loved funny girl next door to the public. She had no scandals and nothing about her private life was known by the public.

One day she suddenly died at an early age.

It was so unexpected that it created a curiosity in the public. Why did she die? Then the stories started coming out she had alcohol, it could be prescription drugs and she was with another man than her husband..

from highly loved girl next door, she went to an alcoholic whore overnight.

Some people even said she deserved to die as she was such a horrible person or that they weren't feeling sorry that she died.

What did her friends do? They talked and talked and talked. Honestly if someone is your friend and if your friend is suddenly vilified like that, you feel like you have to talk to defend them. To her friends these stories wasn't revelations, they knew her demons. When she was alive they had no reason to rat her out, but when she died and she was vilified everything was changed.

and the only way to combat such negativity is by acknowledging it. when someone sees that friend as an alcoholic whore, you can not counter that by telling how funny she was. You have to start by saying "yes she was with another man but... ", that's the only way you can correct that misconception.

So did it help in the end that her friends acknowledged and tried to humanize her faults?

What I can tell you is that the media doesn't care to know about the 'Buts' and 'Whys', in Michael's case. Neither does the general public. I mean they got advance copies of the books, regardless of whether 350 of the pages contained positive stuff, they only chose to highlight the negative ones that are circulating all over the net now! That should tell you something. So in Michael's case it doesn't help - Frank should know that. Frank probably knew that.

If you are looking for a laugh go to the Michal Forever Tribute thread!!!

MsCassieMollie;3536537 said:
See how the news article are basically ignoring the 'excerpts' and focused on the drug-related ones (the titles) they posted from Frank's book. Again look at the titles.

Jackson
Jackson ‘took drug propofol in 1999’
New Michael Jackson book details drug use
New Michael Jackson book details drug use

And this is basically the ONLY THING this book will achieve -- to sully Michael's name and reputation even further and help cement the "drug addict" image.

Thank you, Frank. I hope you're happy with what you've done to your friend who trusted you all these years.

Exactly.

do I have to explain it again?

No, you don't. I only explained why the anger, and call for action directed towards Frank's book is different. However, it doesn't mean it was non-existent for Latoya's or Jermaine's books, particularly Latoya's.

I'm not saying it is my belief that MJJC supports his book, but hello, looking at this thread should tell you that, that is what some believe.

okay I'll tell the story in detail that I mentioned earlier today.

Back in my home country while working in the music industry I met several famous people. There was this girl who was famous in her right and highly loved due to energetic and funny nature. She was like the highly loved funny girl next door to the public. She had no scandals and nothing about her private life was known by the public.

One day she suddenly died at an early age.

It was so unexpected that it created a curiosity in the public. Why did she die? Then the stories started coming out she had alcohol, it could be prescription drugs and she was with another man than her husband..

from highly loved girl next door, she went to an alcoholic whore overnight.

Some people even said she deserved to die as she was such a horrible person or that they weren't feeling sorry that she died.

What did her friends do? They talked and talked and talked. Honestly if someone is your friend and if your friend is suddenly vilified like that, you feel like you have to talk to defend them. To her friends these stories wasn't revelations, they knew her demons. When she was alive they had no reason to rat her out, but when she died and she was vilified everything was changed.

and the only way to combat such negativity is by acknowledging it. when someone sees that friend as an alcoholic whore, you can not counter that by telling how funny she was. You have to start by saying "yes she was with another man but... ", that's the only way you can correct that misconception.

Thank you Ivy for sharing that with us...that is a very sad story,,,the poor girl. I do understand only too well what it is you are getting at. I just wish Frank would of left it alone..thats all. I think his book would of been just as successful without the juicy tidbits. we are waiting for 1 person to write a book that is 100% positive about Michael. Now THAT is the book that I myself would buy, Me personally I dont own any books that anyone has written about Michael...who knows maybe the book that I am waiting for will never come along in my life time...but..if it does...I will be the first in line to purchase it, :wink:

Who made the offer to interview Frank? Him or MJJC?

Stella, you must be very happy with the turn of event. Because you are guaranteed, to never hear another Cascio track. After this latest, no way will Branca ever allow another Cascio track on an MJ record.

Because clearly now, the Cascios have gone from "family of love" (God, I feel so bad for MJ he was so innocent, he must have thought they were the greatest thing to happen to him) to the latest backstabbers.

The media doesn't care about but. The media won't talk about the stuff after but. The media will make the stuff before but MJ's legacy. As a friend you talk about the good things. The friendship, the philanthropy, the good times, the funny stories, the stuff you know. You don't counter negativity with more negativity and speculation in this day and age. No one is that media ignorant.

did you watch Murray documentary?

There's a scene with Flanagan, his wife and Chernoff.

You hear Flanagan's wife saying "what kind of a man sleeps with a doll on his bed and has babies to infant pictures looking at him while he sleeps"?. Flanagan calls him "sick" then you again here Flanagans wife saying that Michael was "the greatest entertainer".

So you see that even people hate Michael realize that he's the greatest entertainer and that's not the issue.

If you want to counter the notion that he was sick as he had dolls on his bed , that's the topic that you need to address.

I also mentioned this before in a very short way. One of my friends from high school that we went to a MJ concert believed Michael to be a pedophile after 93 allegations. the second allegations made it stronger for him. Even though he followed the trial , he still wasn't convinced that he wasn't a pedophile, according to him "something wasn't right". I argued a lot with him over the years , he always said "I don't deny that he's talented and I like his songs but there's something that's not right".

You know what? He changed the opinion that he had for almost 20 years very recently. Why? The May 10 recording. When he told me his opinion changed , I asked him why and he said to me that recording was his most vulnerable state and even under influence he was thinking about helping the kids. That's the part changed his opinion.

I'm almost certain that Michael would never want that recording public and probably we would all agree that it was a high invasion of privacy and even illegal but that thing changed misconceptions.

You can't change such strong misconceptions with cute stories. You just can't.

Stella, you must be very happy with the turn of event. Because you are guaranteed, to never hear another Cascio track. After this latest, no way will Branca ever allow another Cascio track on an MJ record.

Because clearly now, the Cascios have gone from "family of love" (God, I feel so bad for MJ he was so innocent, he must have thought they were the greatest thing to happen to him) to the latest backstabbers.

I've already heard all 12. It's just the public that we don't want to hear them for the sake of Michael's artistic integrity. I'm only answering because you asked. As for the book, there is always the danger of taking things out of context and even it was the kindest, most positive book ever written, the media would still find something negative. Still, it's not looking good so far.

Last edited:

So did it help in the end that her friends acknowledged and tried to humanize her faults?

for some people it did, for some it didn't. A lot of people felt ashamed of how they reacted to her death (such as for the I'm not sorry bc she died comments) and that got mostly positive.

One singer that was very close friends with her was highly affected by it. I remember him saying to me "I'll be damned if I let her known this way".

There's no way to know how she would have felt about her friends talking to media giving details about her marriage and cheating etc in order to humanize her but at the same time you (well at least I) can't blame this people for doing something they believed to be necessary.

and honestly it's so easy to sit across a computer and tell what should or should not be done. You really do not know how a friend might feel unless you are in that situation.

How does saying he got stoned with Michael in the mountains for example help people change their thoughts on Michael? I want people to say that Michael was the greatest entertainer and a great person. I am tired of the "but" after entertainer. The 20/20 thing and the excerpt so far isn't really helping if he wants to change how people see Michael. I think for the most part people are not trying to show hate but just showing concern. I think after the last 2 years it's understandable.

Michael was using propofol for his hurt back? And painkillers for his vitiligo? Propofol is not a painkiller and vitiligo does not hurt. John MCain the president of interscope records not Sony music called the director of a video and said hide his face? Am I the only one who sees a problem?

I agree 100%. These exerpts are awful and its ashame that they aren't given any context. What disturbs me the most on the surface appears on the surface to be the least harmless, Cascio's explanation why his parents allowed their boys to travel with Michael on tour. I read the 23 page indictment against former Penn State football coach Jerry Sandusky and man there are parts similar to that excerpt.

Shame that the ppl around mj dont seem to have any concept of keeping things to themselves that may hurt mj. i guess cause having money waved in their faces is to good an option. call me stupid but if i loved someone i would protect them and keep any hurtful info to myself because i love that person and dont want to give anyone amunition to hurt the one i claim to love. stranhmge concept isnt it!

not surprised about diprivan in 99 being mentioned ive heard such info from fans
with contacts before but hey i wasnt gonna
a mention it on here cause u dont know whos watching. its a shame others that claim to love mj cant have the same logic.

ivy;3536576]for some people it did, for some it didn't. A lot of people felt ashamed of how they reacted to her death (such as for the I'm not sorry bc she died comments) and that got mostly positive.

One singer that was very close friends with her was highly affected by it. I remember him saying to me "I'll be damned if I let her known this way".

There's no way to know how she would have felt about her friends talking to media giving details about her marriage and cheating etc in order to humanize her but at the same time you (well at least I) can't blame this people for doing something they believed to be necessary.

and honestly it's so easy to sit across a computer and tell what should or should not be done. You really do not know how a friend might feel unless you are in that situation.
You are right, I don't know how Cascio feels about the situation, but as somone who has friends (and knows what it takes to be a friend), and knows Michael's longing to keep his private affairs out of the media, and how the media treated him -continues to treat him, that is not what I would have done as a friend, had I been his friend. Some of it is common sense.

I'm glad that the local celebrity's friends managed to help clear some of the rumors and her image, but I'm not sure if that strategy works for everyone, and in any situation.

Certainly it doesn't seem to work for Michael. Michael's reputation was tainted prior to his death, unlike in the case of the actress you mentioned. To top it off, the media has always been biased, and given more prominence to negative Michael stories. This was the case before he died. I'm not sure if fighting negative, with negative works. I mean, the media had the entire book to read. It may have contained 100 positive stories and explanations as to why he depended on pain killers. It may have described in detail the excrutiating pain and debilitating insomnia he suffered from, but all the media focuses is on the depth of his dependency.

And the slurred recording is not exactly a negative. It was just very sad as Walgreen himself said. Again, nothing negative other than the disturbing fact that his doctor put him in that state and proceeded to record. It was Michael in his own words -raw, vulnerable and unedited- so you can't really compare it with second hand accounts (of Michael getting stoned on the mountains for example). Just saying.

Please don't think I'm against you Ivy, I respect your stance on the book and I appreciate all the work you do here, but I expected better from Frank. And I'm really disappointed. That's all.

I'd expect that the target readership for the book is primarily Michael Jackson fans. The general public is probably on "Jackson overload," given the almost non-stop trial coverage by HLN, and significant coverage in other news media?

So, I'm not understanding what, exactly, it is that Michael's fans need "cleared up" or "explained," that has not been discussed many times before? I doubt that by now there is ONE person on this board who doesn't know that in Michael's life he had physical pain, and that he sometimes had difficulties with prescription medications? Is there even ONE person here who doesn't know this? Given the extreme, and sadly necessary, invasions of the trial is there ONE person who doesn't now know that Michael had a history with propofol for sleep, sometimes, when preparing to tour, or touring? Does anyone here need that "cleared up" for them? Is there ANYONE here who does NOT know that Michael was not a child-molester? Is there anyone here, at all, who needs this "cleared up?" We KNOW he was not.

We don't need these things "cleared up," or "explained" to us. Not really. And, what was likely to happen is already HAPPENING, that promos for the book and commentaries on the book are already picking up on the NEGATIVE things that Frank has said and written. I don't need to READ the book to know ALREADY that there is discussion of drugs, and other personal things about Michael, in it, and for that reason, I wish it had not been written, or at least, that Frank had WAITED and reflected a bit, before (or, not at all!) making public things that I'm really pretty sure Michael would not have wanted him to discuss.

"Objectivity" INCLUDES context, for Michael's fans
. The book didn't just drop from the sky with no history or future in terms of Frank. The general public might not know, but we DO, some of Frank's history, and we know about the unfortunate interview he gave, and its terrible timing. That context cannot possibly be separated now from the book, because the context is THERE, and real, and this book does not stand in isolation from it's context.

I don't "hate" Frank.
I simply do not want to hear from him again, about Michael. Liza Minelli didn't find it "necessary" to write a book about Michael -- her friend -- nor did Liz Taylor, Chris Tucker, Brett Ratner, nor McCauley Culkin, nor Diana Ross. Given the SHREDDING Michael has received before, during, and after the trial, this is not a book that is necessary, nor is it welcome, for very, very many fans. We are all trying to heal, particularly now, from the horrors of the trial. The very LAST thing I think we need is more discussion of "Michael's drug use," no matter how sympathetic Frank seems to be. Personally, I want those discussions to be GONE. I get it.

There is also the factor of Michael's children. Suppose I'd "gotten stoned in the mountains" with a friend of mine? And that friend wrote about something I never would have intended my child to know? I'll tell you right now, I'd DUMP that friend for violating my privacy. . . . . if that information were made available to my child. No doubt, that person would be GONE from my life. Is this different? Really? That book will be out there, and the commentary on the book will be out there. It already IS, and the chances that Michael's children will encounter that commentary and discussion, are very high. I honestly can't see how this is different from a friend saying things that his/her friend's CHILDREN could encounter, that should not be out there in the public. The difference from my analogy of "dumping that friend" is that Michael is no longer here to express his disapproval, or his desire for his children to be as protected as much as possible from a "friend" making things that should be private. . PUBLIC. Hasn't there already been enough of that? I'm sure that Michael's children are trying to heal from the trial and its excesses, too. Michael is gone, and can't be hurt anymore. But, his children CAN be.

There is really nothing that I can imagine that Frank can "clear up," that we don't already know. And as for the general public? I expect few will buy and read the book, and all they will know are those sensationalized things that are already being reported on. I don't hate Frank. Mostly, I'm indifferent. I just don't think that's the way a friend should treat a friend.

And Ivy? I do see your point, about "objectivity." Problem is, with all the advance publicity, and now the quotes from the book -- I do think that's enough to make a determination that it will only add to the negativity-overload, no matter how many good things Frank has to say. I think the damage is already done, in terms of a skewed emphasis on "drugs" in the media comments on the book, instead of about Michael's humanitarian good-works, amazing artistry, and parenting.

Last edited:

@ AutumnII, I was going to mention the same things. Let's assume this book is everything Frank Cascio intended, how is that message going to get through to people who already hold a negative opinion of Michael's character? We've seen the media headlines, I doubt an edited interview would be much better and its unlikely that a "hater" would pick up this book and read it.

Thanks Autum^^. I strongly think that more people hear about Franks statement via tv, than from buying the book. To me, the general public will mainly tune in to the tv and get the latest gossip, but that does not mean there is a great zeal to rush out and buy the book. The main buyers will be fans, so I will be looking intently at how this book does. However, the harm is that the general public's image of Michael is what is presented on the tv, and we know what that is. The general public is not having Q&A with authors. They do not care. They want quick, jucy dirt to satisfy their craving.

The only satisfaction I have now is to see this book not doing very well in sales--that will be a good gift for Michael.

I remember that Roger Friedman article that he wrote a couple of months ago telling, almost gleefully, that fans better get prepared because there are books coming up they won't like - and Frank's book was mentioned as well as a book by Rolling Stone's Randall Sullivan, which is due to be published next summer. In the hindsight this makes me wonder, since we know that Frank is close to Friedman (probably feeding him with many stories in the past). So if Friedman knew back then this book would not be liked by MJ fans and he wrote about this fact in a boastful, provocative way, I wonder how much Frank really intended this to be a positive book about Michael then?

To me, this feels like a case of "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me". I already know my own feelings on the Cascios, it doesn't matter who was involved or whether it's just a family thing to support and defend one another, regardless of truth. The fact that the Cascios disregarded Michael's perfectionist view of his music and sold those over-processed songs (at least, according to Teddy Riley, they were already processed when he got them) to Sony for 5 million, told me how much they cared for Michael's art. But nevermind that, that's what happens in posthumous releases, right? Besides, they did an Oprah interview and had positive things to say about Michael, so they're forgiven.

Then the fanbase split (or was already split before the Oprah interview). Sometime ago, one of the Cascios said on his facebook that they were going to release work tapes or some hard evidence that will blow all the doubting fans out of the water. There was even a rumour at one time that the Monster music video was going to contain evidence of Michael singing it. But by now, a year or so has passed and nothing has happened. The fans are still split, some don't want to hear anything about it, some just won't let it go. But nevermind that, they're forgiven because those that won't let it go are just a bunch of crazies. Michael's surrogate family rules over crazies. They would never betray him and what not.

Then Frank wants to write a book. Some feel it's good, it will balance out the rest of the negative books out there. Some think it's invasive to Michael's privacy, and besides, only greedy people write books, right? Then there are those that still want to bring in controversy. Nevermind, Frank is a good friend of Michael, he plans to vindicate Michael's name and blow all negative hate out of the water or something, and crazies will be crazies, back to the controversy section where they belong.

Frank goes on 20/20 and says that Michael was a situational addict. Oh the horror! On to the black list he goes. Some of the doubters start jumping onto this new piece of info, though they are reminded not to bring in you-know-what. Some still insist to wait for the book. That's how the media is, isn't it? They'll take the juicy bits and hang it out for the general public to mock at, so everyone should wait for the book.

Now, the AP article (or at least, that's how I think the sequence of events went). Oh poor Michael, he had tons of close friends but he didn't have any true close friends. But nevermind, some still feel we shouldn't be so quick to judge and we should still wait for the book.

It really seems like, to certain fans, the only true close friends of Michael are those that remain silent. Because for every other close friend, once their mouth opens, the word "addict" comes out and they end up on the black list. To another group of fans, benefit of doubt should always be given to people who once defended Michael, especially to those who are on the "good list". And the higher these people are on the "good list", the greater the benefit of doubt given to them. Frank will be most flattered by the latter individuals.

I do agree with ivy that we should not turn into a lynch mob, as some fans tend to be very sensitive towards the slightest bit of negative implication. Such as the reaction to Slash's comment on the riff of Black or White being "gay". But to me, what Frank has done is beyond the boundaries of common misconception. It doesn't matter whether or not he took part in selling those demos, the fact that the whole gang was on Oprah promoting it, shows me that they care naught for Michael's legacy, that they valued $$$ above Michael's legacy. They might have cared for Michael "the person" when they spoke only good of him. But based on certain quotes from this book, I would say that at the very least, Frank does not value Michael "the person" above $$$ either. To me, it seems like he values the marketing capacity of the book. He first tried to market it to the fans as a tell-all positive book that will prove that Michael was not a pedophile, then he went to the media and promoted it as a tell-all negative book on Michael's insecurities and drug addiction. So overall, I would take it as a mixed book.

But I'm not personally here to join the party of jumping down Frank's throat or something, I just like to observe things. And to me, the swift change in perspective on certain "close" friends of Michael is amusing as well as sad. It makes me wonder again, have all of Michael's close friends gone downhill? Or have all of MJ's fans gone uphill? It doesn't matter in the end who has gone mad, the media has their story, the general (negative) public declares "I told you so", and Michael's reputation is further stained. Moving on...

Last edited:

I will never understand the argument some are making that because some of the stories Frank will speak of in his book where said many times before by others, makes it okay for him to repeat them and tell them in his way has the "real truth?" Do you really believe that should be the case for EVERY STORY or RUMOR he will try to clear up and explain in the book? I don't. Plus he is also revealing stuff never heard before in great detail, private things so it ain't only things we all heard before like some also claim which makes it even worse.

He said he promised MJ he would clear up the misconceptions, right? On what part exactly? The Allegations only? Cause it's really hard for me to imagine MJ would be okay with Frank saying things like MJ got high a few times with him and his marriages were to please some asssoiciates?

For me it just another betrayal. I don't think Michael would like it. It's personal. Michael is dead and he is not here to give his side of the story. For me everyone is using him even in death. I have been a fan for a very long time. If my friend had passed I would not be writing a book. That's my opinion.

He is gone, can we not for once have a documentary that focused on his music, discussion on that. Maybe we can hope. We have heard all the speculation, lies and stories ad nauseum. At least the Immortal show is one thing so far that has focused on that.

That story about Michael marrying LMP and lying that Omer was his son to show the Arabs that he has a family doesn't even make sense.

1) When Michael started to date LMP she was a married woman and in order to marry Michael she had to break up that marriage. So how would this marriage convince Michael's Arab associates of Michael's family values?

2) The Omer story would mean Omer was a son born out of wedlock. Again how would that convince the Arabs of Michael sharing their family values?

3) I don't think it's true that the Arab businessmen don't make business with you if you don't have a family. They may have strong family values but they are well aware that not everybody is a Muslim and I think they can handle that fact. I doubt Michael being married or not married would affect their business dealings with him.

He is gone, can we not for once have a documentary that focused on his music, discussion on that. Maybe we can hope. We have heard all the speculation, lies and stories ad nauseum. At least the Immortal show is one thing so far that has focused on that.

Unfortunately, Michael's image is more famous than his music. I don't think we'll see any of Michael's close friends, family or whoever writing books or making documentaries about Michael's music. That sort of stuff just doesn't interest the general public.

That book was written long before the trial...so hmmmmm..no. I won't believe that BS that MJ's medical record was no longer private so no harm done in adding the same information in his book.

Nothing wrong with getting stoned..if that's true. I wish MJ had used weed for his pain management & his sleep issues. Safer than Dr Death administering propofol. In California, he could have gotten a prescription for weed, all legally. My bro used to smoke that stinky crap, and it used to make him sleepy.

Also, Frank was the one screwing Joanna. Ivy, you might wanna raise that issue with him. I am sure he won't have any qualms revealing who he slept with in MJ's house. I cannot wait.

The family had already come out to say Michael was a drug addict.

I didn't know that about Joanna, is her privacy not important?

again I'm not fighting for his book. show me one post of me where I said buy his book ?

I'm fighting for human decency and giving a person a chance and listening to everything they have to say before condemning them. I'm fighting to stop this anger and this hate , this whatever we have become.

And again sadly majority is failing to realize what I'm fighting for and happy to be a part of a lynch mob mentality..

It's just sad.. real sad.. Being fans of Michael knowing how the media and the public crucified him but yet doing the same thing to other's ourselves..

^^^DITO

For those who found it amusing that I hoped the book may offer a balance to those who think Michael is a pedo let me tell you about my daughter's history lesson in school. She is 12 and had just started senior school, in her history lesson they were having a class discussion about musical influences past and present. When Michael was mentioned the only aspect that was discussed was the fact that his career was detroyed in the early 90's due to the fact that he was accused of sexually abusing a boy and paid him millions to make it go away, and nothing else, nothing about how he influenced the music industry or his achievements.

So if Frank's book serves no other purpose than to simply exsist to balance out all the 'other' books that include this subject matter, then yes, imo for future generations, long after us, so be it.

@Ivy, Having read all this thread and participated in it, if I were you I would NOT bother writing a review here, every time you have tried to offer another perspective you have been accused of bias. Clearly people have already made up their mind some even finding the mere mention of the name offensive and nothing is going to change that, because negative can always be found. I wouldn't put yourslef in the firing line, those who are undecided can read reviews on amazon or can pm you.

Other than that I am waiting to read the book for myself and can then make an educated opinion about it.

For those who found it amusing that I hoped the book may offer a balance to those who think Michael is a pedo let me tell you about my daughter's history lesson in school. She is 12 and had just started senior school, in her history lesson they were having a class discussion about musical influences past and present. When Michael was mentioned the only aspect that was discussed was the fact that his career was detroyed in the early 90's due to the fact that he was accused of sexually abusing a boy and paid him millions to make it go away, and nothing else, nothing about how he influenced the music industry or his achievements.

So if Frank's book serves no other purpose than to simply exsist to balance out all the 'other' books that include this subject matter, then yes, imo for future generations, long after us, so be it.

I think Joe Vogel's Man in the Music and Willa Stillwater's M Poetica are the books that can do it, not something like Frank's book appears to be.

I wish someone would set the record straight on the allegations once and for all in a highly convincing, well-written, well-presented, well-researched and highly popular book written by a popular and credible investigative journalist/author. But I'm afraid Frank's book will be not that book. He was there in 2003 and maybe he knew Jordan Chandler as well, so perhaps he will able to provide some insight, but I doubt he has the potential to convince haters and the general public of anything. Especially not if he starts out with presenting Michael's marriages as scams and the main focus of the interviews he gives promoting the book is Michael's drug issues...

I think Joe Vogel's Man in the Music and Willa Stillwater's M Poetica are the books that can do it, not something like Frank's book appears to be.

I wish someone would set the record straight on the allegations once and for all in a highly convincing, well-written, well-presented, well-researched and highly popular book written by a popular and credible investigative journalist/author. But I'm afraid Frank's book will be not that book. He was there in 2003 and maybe he knew Jordan Chandler as well, so perhaps he will able to provide some insight, but I doubt he has the potential to convince haters and the general public of anything. Especially not if he starts out with presenting Michael's marriages as scams and the main focus of the interviews he gives promoting the book is Michael's drug issues...

I said books that include the subject of the allegations.

Who would you like to attempt to set the record straight? I would have thought that someone who was young and was there would have been the ideal choice. But that's just my logic.

I said books that include the subject of the allegations.

Who would you like to attempt to set the record straight? I would have thought that someone who was young and was there would have been the ideal choice. But that's just my logic.

Frank was there. Let's see what he does with that.

Yeah, I know you were talking about books about the allegations, however you also talked about your daughter's class and how Michael wasn't remembered for his music, but for the allegations. So I think to counter that you have to shift attention back to the music and art, instead of dissecting everything about Michael the private person over and over and over again. I would be glad if Frank could effectively do that by doing the countering the allegations part, but so far I'm not convinced he will do that. Of course, he will say MJ was no child molester, but how effective will he be? Let's see but I'm not holding my breath.

Frank was there. Let's see what he does with that.

Yeah, I know you were talking about books about the allegations, however you also talked about your daughter's class and how Michael wasn't remembered for his music, but for the allegations. So I think to counter that you have to shift attention back to the music and art, instead of dissecting everything about Michael the private person over and over and over again. I would be glad if Frank could effectively do that by doing the countering the allegations part, but so far I'm not convinced he will do that. Of course, he will say MJ was no child molester, but how effective will he be? Let's see but I'm not holding my breath.

Obviously I'm not expecting miracles! In my daughters lesson Michael was only remembered for the allegations (not my daughter, obviously she has been raised correctly), but she was too shy to speak up. It was a stark reminder for me just how damaging those allegations were/are, in many cases they completely overshadow the Michael we love and respect.

Back