Girlfriend of Michael Jackson's doctor to testify before grand jury, sources say

A grand jury is convened to determine if there is sufficient evidence for charges to be brought. During the 1993 allegations against Michael, two grand juries were convened -- one in L.A. and one in Santa Barbara. Neither one found sufficient evidence to charge Michael with anything.

I think the reason why the prosecution - and this is me being hopeful - decided on going for a grand jury is to be able to add the 2nd degree murder charge on Murray vs. charge him for involuntary manslaughter.

I think the reason why the prosecution - and this is me being hopeful - decided on going for a grand jury is to be able to add the 2nd degree murder charge on Murray vs. charge him for involuntary manslaughter.

Maybe. Also, in a grand jury the rules are looser than in a criminal trial. The jury-members may question the witnesses directly, for one example.

Maybe. Also, in a grand jury the rules are looser than in a criminal trial. The jury-members may question the witnesses directly, for one example.

Correct - but unfortunately, this could work in favor of the defense since this will help them shape their strategy.

But I don't think that Murray will get charged with manslaughter - I think they may go for 2nd degree Murder - because of the amount of propofol conflicting with Murray's original statements.

LOL, sorry guys I was reacting prior to thinking...this has been happening alot the past 3 months!

The usual role of a grand jury is to review the adequacy of evidence presented by the prosecutor and then decide whether to indict the suspect. In some cases, a grand jury decides which charges are appropriate. Generally, grand jurors do not lead investigations, but can question witnesses to satisfy themselves that evidence is adequate and usable. The prosecutor prepares a bill of indictment (a list explaining the case and possible charges) and presents evidence to the grand jury. The jurors can call witnesses, including the target of the investigation, without revealing the nature of the case. They call witnesses by using a document called a subpoena. A person who refuses to answer the grand jury's questions can be punished for CONTEMPT of court. However, no witness need answer incriminating questions unless that witness has been granted IMMUNITY. In federal courts, the jurors may accept HEARSAY and other evidence that is normally not admissible at trial.

Read more: http://law.jrank.org/pages/7199/Grand-Jury.html#ixzz0Rs3susTT

And TMZ is reporting on it too:

Dr. Murray's Baby Mama -- Grand Jury Bound

Posted Sep 22nd 2009 4:41PM by TMZ Staff
0922_conrad_murray_nicole_bn_wenn.jpg
TMZ has confirmed one of Dr. Conrad Murray's baby mamas will be called to testify before the L.A. County Grand Jury in the Michael Jackson
investigation -- because she's not cooperating with the cops.

The L.A. County D.A. has asked the Grand Jury to put Nicole Alvarez under oath and testify about Dr. Murray's comings and goings around the time Jackson died.

Alvarez -- the mother of Dr. Murray's 7th child -- lives in Santa Monica, CA. As we first reported, law enforcement sources told us they believe Dr. Murray was actually living in Santa Monica during the time he was supposedly living at Jackson's house. Although we've heard he may have been living with Alvarez, we have not been able to confirm that.

This development does not mean the Grand Jury will decide whether to charge Dr. Murray with the death of Jackson -- this is merely an investigative tool law enforcement

Last edited:

I hope you are right.

Murray's GF didn't want to cooperate with the police according to the article's source. I'm wondering if she can legally avoid answering certain questions before a grand jury. She'd have to answer all questions asked to her honestly, right? Could she say 'I refuse to answer' if asked if Murray came to visit her that night?

I hope you are right.
Could she say 'I refuse to answer' if asked if Murray came to visit her that night?

Technically she can plead the 5th - but if there's evidence that she is an accessory to the crime or is obstructing justice, her ass is fried.

karmagrl;2228918 [B said:
A person who refuses to answer the grand jury's questions can be punished for CONTEMPT of court. However, no witness need answer incriminating questions unless that witness has been granted IMMUNITY.[/b] In federal courts, the jurors may accept HEARSAY and other evidence that is normally not admissible at trial.

Read more: http://law.jrank.org/pages/7199/Grand-Jury.html#ixzz0Rs3susTT

It's likely she could have been offerred immunity (& accepted), if the information she has is really good. Murray might have even mentioned things to her regarding his patient.

Technically she can plead the 5th - but if there's evidence that she is an accessory to the crime or is obstructing justice, her ass is fried.

It would more likely be that she is obstructing justice (doesn't want to get her BF in trouble), since as far as we know she isn't being looked at as an accessory. The testimony she gives most likely wouldn't be used as evidence to convict her. She could plead the fifth if she thought it would be.

From Wiki:

"A witness may not refuse to answer questions on the ground that the answers may reveal matters that may incriminate other persons (with the possible exception of married couples -- see Spousal privilege). Generally, a witness may not refuse to answer any relevant question put to him or her unless the answer would incriminate that witness."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleading_the_Fifth

Thus she cannot plead the fifth because she doesn't want to incriminate her boyfriend. As you said, it would be obstructing justice.

Last edited:
It's likely she could have been offerred immunity (& accepted), if the information she has is really good. Murray might have even mentioned things to her regarding his patient.

Unless she pleads the 5th - she technically does not have to say anything, just show up.

But I smell that the police have very incriminating evidence against her, which like you say, she was offered immunity or a plea bargain in exchange for her testimony.

BTW, Nicole's baby with Conrad Murray is Conrad Murray's 7th kid!!!

Did he drink the same water as Jermaine?

Unless she pleads the 5th - she technically does not have to say anything, just show up.

But I smell that the police have very incriminating evidence against her, which like you say, she was offered immunity or a plea bargain in exchange for her testimony.

BTW, Nicole's baby with Conrad Murray is Conrad Murray's 7th kid!!!

Did he drink the same water as Jermaine?

:lol: MJ wanted a big family too. Is it Murray & Nicole's 7th kid together? Or does he have different kids by different women?

The bold is a possibility. Murray might have called her that night too. I hope she tells everything she knows.

Lord, this case is making me more angry to know to lost MJ to this kind of mess and matter.

There are several Dr. Fertile Murder Myrtle's Baby Mamas - and there is no word on Dr. Murray's wife, who is also a physician.

:lol: MJ wanted a big family too. Is it Murray & Nicole's 7th kid together? Or does he have different kids by different women?

The bold is a possibility. Murray might have called her that night too. I hope she tells everything she knows.

Oops, I didn't read past "Girlfriend of Michael Jackson".. *backs out of thread*

NEW INFO - we need to be in a prayer circle tomorrow at 11:00am Los Angeles time so Nicole Alvarez can spill the truth!!!

:

Cops Think Murray Shacked Up with Baby Mama

Posted Sep 22nd 2009 5:48PM by TMZ Staff
0922_conrad_murray_nicole_ex_wenn.jpg
Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Dr. Conrad Murray's baby mama will testify before the L.A. County Grand Jury tomorrow at 11:00 AM.

Nicole Alvarez, the mother of Dr. Murray's 7th child, has not been cooperative with LAPD detectives. We have already reported that we have heard Dr. Murray was living with Alvarez during the time he was supposedly staying with Jackson. Law enforcement sources tell us they believe Dr. Murray was living with Alvarez but have not been able to confirm it.

If Dr. Murray was regularly around Alvarez during that critical time, she may have information that could be highly relevant to the investigation.

Our sources say there is nothing specific they're after when Alvarez goes before the Grand Jury. As one source put it, it's more of an "exploratory" exercise.

Is anyone here involved with California law? I have never heard of going before the Grand Jury to testify prior to charges being brought, wth is going on here!!!!?? A case would have to be in effect before bringing in a witness, this is absurd and I am going to look into this! I will be back with what I find!
if u're indicted, then there's no availability for a prelimminary hearing, meaning they go right to trial.

also, it could just be a fact finding gj.

he has several kids w/ several differnet women.

and the main reason they want to talk to her is maybe she is one of the people he called. what he told her she cannot repeat, that's hearsay but what she did in the minutes and hrs after mj died could be important.

There are several Dr. Fertile Murder Myrtle's Baby Mamas - and there is no word on Dr. Murray's wife, who is also a physician.

Wife?? :bugeyed Whoa...I have a feeling this guy barely sees some of his kids. :no:

Oops, I didn't read past "Girlfriend of Michael Jackson".. *backs out of thread*

:lol: I read that from the main forum & thought: 'Somebody better not have blabbed.' We've been getting a lot of 'news' from ET/Insider/AH. :smilerolleyes:

we can only hope she sings like a bird. Hey maybe she was one of those 3 calls placed by Murray....the call records would verify this. And if the 2 Alvarez's are related....hmmm....the plot thickens and poor Michael they were all around him...he didn't stand a chance.. This whole thing just keeps getting sadder and sadder..although I do understand the facts NEED to come out so that justice can be served for Michael. I have a feeling as the details of this start to come out....(and oh they will come out..because each person involved will tell what they know and point the finger at the others and tell what they know.) I will feel worse and worse at the way poor Michael could of been saved and at the hands of a killer he died....... alone.

that's what im thining, thundaaaaaaaaa lol she was one of the three callshe made. so all she has to do is confirm that. she cannot say what he told her. again, that's hearsay.

so only waht SHE did and she obvserved

NEW INFO - we need to be in a prayer circle tomorrow at 11:00am Los Angeles time so Nicole Alvarez can spill the truth!!!

:

Cops Think Murray Shacked Up with Baby Mama

Posted Sep 22nd 2009 5:48PM by TMZ Staff
0922_conrad_murray_nicole_ex_wenn.jpg
Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Dr. Conrad Murray's baby mama will testify before the L.A. County Grand Jury tomorrow at 11:00 AM.

Nicole Alvarez, the mother of Dr. Murray's 7th child, has not been cooperative with LAPD detectives. We have already reported that we have heard Dr. Murray was living with Alvarez during the time he was supposedly staying with Jackson. Law enforcement sources tell us they believe Dr. Murray was living with Alvarez but have not been able to confirm it.

If Dr. Murray was regularly around Alvarez during that critical time, she may have information that could be highly relevant to the investigation.

Our sources say there is nothing specific they're after when Alvarez goes before the Grand Jury. As one source put it, it's more of an "exploratory" exercise.

NOW, we're getting somewhere. I think the girlfriend is important for 2 reasons. First off, she may be asked about what she has seen or what, if anything, Murray shared with her about Michael Jackson. It can be related to the death as well as it can be simple casual/pillow talk from days or weeks prior...maybe even months prior...for however long Murray and Michael knew each other. Most mates share what happened during their day if it was eventful. The police may find out if there was ever any tensions between Murray and Michael or whether they were really friends, etc. She may also confirm how long Michael and Murray knew each other and how he ended up hired for the tour.

Second part, which I'm hoping to God they "explore", are their mutual friends....other ppl who the police can question about Murray and whether or not he said anything to them about Michael. There was a rumor early on that Murray had been talking trash about Michael to some friends of his in a nightclub. Nicole might be able to tell the police what places Murray frequented, who some of his friends in Cali were, or who he hung out with at the club, etc. I'm hoping they find these "friends" or ppl Murray was supposedly talking trash to regarding Michael. What was his beef? What kind of trash was he talking? Small complaints or did he have major issue? How serious were those issues, if any? Was it anything that would drive a man to...I dunno...let propofol run freely into Michael's veins and kill him...on purpose?? Murray isn't going to say anything that would show a motive so it would have to come from other ppl IF they know anything.

I hope they are ready with questions from A-Z on Nicole and she provides other names...names of ppl who may not intend to come forward. However, if police go to them, who knows what they might spill.

that's what im thining, thundaaaaaaaaa lol she was one of the three callshe made. so all she has to do is confirm that. she cannot say what he told her. again, that's hearsay.

so only waht SHE did and she obvserved

Actually, in a grand jury hearsay is allowed. It's not allowed in trials tho.

Thanks to all for posting.

Agree with everything you said - the facts lean towards the grand jury was ONLY requested because Nicole Alvarez would not comply with LAPD.

So we'll see what happens tomorrow - I will start a new thread to call on every MJCC member on a worldwide prayer for tomorrow 11:00 am Los Angeles time.

NOW, we're getting somewhere. I think the girlfriend is important for 2 reasons. First off, she may be asked about what she has seen or what, if anything, Murray shared with her about Michael Jackson. It can be related to the death as well as it can be simple casual/pillow talk from days or weeks prior...maybe even months prior...for however long Murray and Michael knew each other. Most mates share what happened during their day if it was eventful. The police may find out if there was ever any tensions between Murray and Michael or whether they were really friends, etc. She may also confirm how long Michael and Murray knew each other and how he ended up hired for the tour.

Second part, which I'm hoping to God they "explore", are their mutual friends....other ppl who the police can question about Murray and whether or not he said anything to them about Michael. There was a rumor early on that Murray had been talking trash about Michael to some friends of his in a nightclub. Nicole might be able to tell the police what places Murray frequented, who some of his friends in Cali were, or who he hung out with at the club, etc. I'm hoping they find these "friends" or ppl Murray was supposedly talking trash to regarding Michael. What was his beef? What kind of trash was he talking? Small complaints or did he have major issue? How serious were those issues, if any? Was it anything that would drive a man to...I dunno...let propofol run freely into Michael's veins and kill him...on purpose?? Murray isn't going to say anything that would show a motive so it would have to come from other ppl IF they know anything.

I hope they are ready with questions from A-Z on Nicole and she provides other names...names of ppl who may not intend to come forward. However, if police go to them, who knows what they might spill.

Actually, in a grand jury hearsay is allowed. It's not allowed in trials tho.

Thanks to all for posting.

First I have hard he had a baby son. So he has that child and the kids that he is accused of being a deadbeat dad of?? Interesting. No wonder he was so money hungry.

well, the calls were two to las vegas, one to Houston . she was living in LA only 10 minutes away from mj's house. ofcourse I'm talking about the calls made after 11 a.m on 25th of june.

thanks to Habib of kop:

Updated at 1:20 p.m.: Alvarez's attorney said his client received a subpoena several days ago to appear before the grand jury Wednesday morning.

“We are definitely going to cooperate, but as to whether that happens [Wednesday], that remains to be seen. It is short notice,” said lawyer Joseph Low IV of Long Beach.

He disputed the source's characterization of Alvarez as uncooperative.

“The only thing she asked was that she be notified when they wanted to talk to her and that she have the ability to have a lawyer there because she doesn’t know what to expect,” Low said.

He said that instead, detectives arrived unannounced to search her residence and take a statement. Low said he would be “surprised” if Alvarez knew anything useful to investigators.

“She has no incriminating information about herself or anybody else as far as we know,” he said.

Pff..."as far as we know"...

of course nobody knows nothing!!! just like "...give him anything that should have killed him"

everybody is none the wiser...everybody is dumbfounded...pff

all these grand juries trying to start, a homicide as the cause of death and people act like amneisa patients...everybody has no clue, dont know anything,everybody suddenly has the IQ of a rock now that somebody is dead...LIES!!! ALL LIES!!

sickening

Back